Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.0

Colette

March 8th, 2019 Girard, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company doesn't even deserve 1 star. I have never had to deal with such a ridiculous company before in my life. I sent my mother flowers and a balloon as part of a birthday/gender reveal in Florida. They attempted to deliver the item, I received a notification that it was delivered. When I checked my e-mail there was a notice stating that it couldn't be delivered due to no one being home. Turns out the company themselves had the wrong city, even though my confirmation e-mail from Ava's Flowers says the correct city. I had spoke with 3 customer service reps that night and finally tried to cancel my order. They couldn't get a hold of the designer (go figure) so in order to cancel I'd have to call the next morning, which I did, the customer service rep told me yet again he could not get ahold of the designer (Surprise!) He said he would go ahead and file a refund. Fast forward to 4pm this evening, the day after I wanted it delivered, my Mother texted me to tell me she received her flowers. Imagine my surprise when I was pretty sure I cancelled them early that morning. They were delivered after I said not to, the arrangement isn't what I even ordered, and it was missing the balloon that I had to pay for. So the order sat in a hot truck in Florida for an entire day, a night, and then all day the following day and delivered against my wishes. The customer service reps are a joke to even try to talk to. They absolutely refused to give me a refund. This company is the biggest scam I have ever seen. DO NOT order from them EVER!

Sabrina Rader

March 4th, 2019 Spring Hill, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The absolute worst product and customer service I’ve ever experienced with a florist! Arrangement was nothing like advertised picture, less flowers, different flowers and much cheaper flowers than what I paid for. I called for refund and after 20 mins (they agreed arrangement wasn’t what I ordered) all they would offer was 10% refund. I will never order from them again. Go somewhere else!

John Steve Roberts jr

February 19th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered the bear with three roses candy and balloons. Did not receive full order. Missing candy and balloons. Was not delivered on Valentine’s Day but the day after.

Peggy Gibson

February 19th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The flowers I ordered were for my mother's 84th birthday, and I am totally embarrassed as to what was delivered. I spent $59.00 for an arrangement that looks like I bought it from the grocery store. I ordered the "My Sun, Moon, and Stars" arrangement for $39.95, and and that nearly $16 was charged for shipping and handling. So for $60, a bouquet of mostly greens, status, and roses was delivered. I am very disappointed and embarrassed that I chose your company when ordering flowers for such an important event. As for the 2000 reward points, I do not need them, as I will not be using them. If you do not understand my frustration and disappointment after reviewing the pictures I sent to you, well there is a problem with your business model. I am not trying to get something for nothing, I simply do not understand what kind of florist would be OK to send something like this, and saying it matches your online pictures.

Alex W

February 19th, 2019 Mesquite, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I usually don’t write review but don’t order from Avas flower, they’re a third company that take your order then order from a flower in your zip-code that’s the reason they’re so expensive and the reason for all the delays. I placed a order 3 days before valentine day 2/14/19 and I’m finally receiving a tracking 2/20/19 about my delivery! I called and sent several email about canceling my order no response until today 2/20/19.

Evelyn Determan

February 19th, 2019 Maple Grove, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered 3 arrangements for 3 different people who live in different cities to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. I thought it was odd that my online order review was set up to show the flowers I ordered and the cost, but the recipients and their addresses weren't displayed with my order. I should have listened to my hesitations. Ava Flowers delivered 2 arrangements to one of my recipients who lives in a different State than the other 2, and sent her a text to say the third arrangement would be coming, but it was never delivered. My other 2 intended recipients never received the flowers I ordered, nor did they receive a text. I tried to contact Ava Flowers on 2/14/19 but after a very long wait I was told I had to schedule a return call for the next day, but when I waited to do that, the automated voice said "goodbye" and hung up. I tried calling a second time and the same thing happened. I tried calling the next day and the SAME thing happened, so I sent an email to Avas. In my email I sent my order number, the names and addresses of my relatives who didn't get the flowers I ordered for them and paid for, and requested that the situation be corrected. Two days later, to my surprise, I received a response that they were unable to make "changes", since my order had "already been prepared for delivery/on its way to be delivered/or delivered." I have never had such terrible customer service!! I have now sent my complaint to Visa, and they are contacting Ava's Flowers. Needless to say, I will never order from Ava's Flowers again.

Michael Bruff

February 19th, 2019 Dearborn, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a local florist to deliver Valentine's Day flowers to my wife. I found Ava's Flowers and they appeared to be a local florist in Livonia MI. So on 2/12/19 I ordered the flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. Now it's 2/15/19 and the flowers still have not delivered. I contacted their supposed customer service number yesterday afternoon as the flowers had not been delivered. I got an automated system that kept telling me the flowers were out for delivery. Then when I tired to speak to a live person the system only had an option to have them call me back. But then when I selected that option - their system said the service was unavailable and then it said "Good Bye" and hung up on me. I consider myself internet savvy and I don't typically get taken by scams or bad companies. Unfortunately Ava's Flowers got me as I was empty handed last night on Valentine's Day. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY TO CROOKS.

D watts

February 15th, 2019 Forney, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Preserved flowers 2/7 for my daughter to be delivered on Valentine’s Day. It was getting late on the day so I called and got the. Automated run around. I emailed and got no reply. Got a email saying flowers were delivered. Flower were not delivered. The customer service is non existent.DO NOT USE THESE FOLK, THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

Tim Paris

February 14th, 2019 Weare, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Misleading website - Confirmation of delivery and flowers were never delivered - NIghtmare with customer service. No response or ability to talk to a human being. Actions border on outright fraud. Contacting my credit card company to report

K Clatt

February 14th, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at IU, Bloomington. The flowers that she received were NOTHING like what I had ordered from the pictured website for Ava's. When I called to dispute the flowers (and forgotten balloon) I was told that they were sorry and that I could have 15% off my next order. Are you kidding me? There isn't EVER going to be a next order. When I contacted the "local" florist they told me that Ava's had specified exactly how many flowers to put in the vase and that was it. Complete joke!!

Lisa

February 6th, 2019 Chandler, AZ

I started ordering online for a same day delivery but didn't finalize because I decided to call first to ensure it would be same day. The service representative put my mind at ease and told me which local florist in Utah that would deliver it. The rep finalized my order over the phone. Right after hanging up, I decided to google the florist that would be handling my order and they aren't even open on Saturdays! I called Avas back, spoke with a different rep., asked for a refund, he stated I wouldn't get my service fee back and said he would get another florist to do it but wouldn't tell me who, said he would confirm and call me back, waited an hour, I called back...decided to get a refund and call a local Utah florist myself. Rep put me on hold and when he got back to me said he couldn't refund my money because the arrangement was already made. 3 1/2 hrs wasted of my Saturday morning and tons of stress. This is Not a reputable company. Beware!! I spent over $100..ordering flowers should not be this difficult.

Lance

January 31st, 2019 Midvale, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I placed an order from Ava's Flowers to have flowers delivered to my girlfriend in Schertz ,Texas. When the flowers were delivered she sent me a photo and it looked NOTHING like the photo on their Avas Flowers website. There were half as many roses as shown in the website photograph and I had paid $5 extra for a pink vase and the flowers came in a clear vase. I contacted Ava's flowers and they told me that there were 4 missing roses. Comparing the photos there were a dozen missing roses, literally half what was shown on their website. I paid $104.43 and they offered a $27.48 refund which is far less than what I should have received given what was delivered.

Rochelle Bryant

January 31st, 2019 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give a zero if I could. This place had me all excited and happy at first. Long story short I was told my delivery would be same day and it wasn't. I even told them if they couldn't deliver same day I'll go with someone else because I needed it for that day not the next day. I gave a review earlier thinking it was going to be smooth however here I am writing a follow-up review. I won't be ordering from them ever again neither will my family and friends and their friends and their families

Darla Holycross

January 31st, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wish I had read reviews before I used Avas! -Yes, you think you’re dealing with a local shop but you’re not. - Promised same day delivery for a wake on Monday, funeral on Tuesday. Got a call today wanting to know if I had a home address to deliver them to today!! No, I don’t and one wants funeral flowers delivered to the funeral. -Previously, Monday noonish, theycalled and said they were out of a cross pillow that goes with it. (Listed 3 in stock online) So I settled for a heart. -Oh yes and the 47.00 price became 72.00 when they tacked on the “service fee”. -I cancelled the order today and was told I’d get my money back. I guess we’ll see. I have NEVER dealt with such terrible, irresponsible, corrupt floral people in my long life.

D Hoffmann

January 31st, 2019 Waukesha, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wanted a local florist because I had a specific request... please put butterflies in the funeral arrangement... they charged me $20 exfra ... didnt put a single very important butterfly in the pathetic $100 arrangement which I could have bought at Win Dixie for $20... they said they would text when the arrangement was delivered... they didnt...and when I called to complain the person was so unapologetic I might as well have been talking to my friend who passed away. DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!

Joseph Danielsen

January 25th, 2019 Somerset, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

OMG do not use this company. I cannot believe I fell for this. I am a state level elected and attempted to have birthday roses delivered to my wife. When they weren't delivered I started the calling process. Six calls in total. Call 1 Carlos: hung up on me. Call 2 Manny: on hold for 7 minutes > hung up. Call 3: put on hold for 37 minutes (since I was driving I held the call then I hung up). Call 4 Ivan: spoke with him but he couldn't help me, get me flowers, process a refund or allow me to speak with owner or manager.

Jeffrey C

January 22nd, 2019 North Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers on 1/8/2019. They said they were delivered on 1/10/2019. They were not. They were delivered today 1/21/2019. And they were delivered to the wrong house. This company is the absolute worst. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. I should’ve read the reviews this company has because evidently they are all terrible reviews. Don’t be scammed. Never use Ava’s.

Cynthiab0626

January 11th, 2019 Walbridge, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CHECK THEIR REVIEWS!! They are mostly all ONE Star for a reason!! I needed same day delivery to a funeral home. Since our neighbor's daughter passed away in Florida and we live in Ohio, we did not find out until last minute. She was flown home for services. I ordered from this company ONLY because they advertise like they are in the same town. THEY ARE NOT. I needed same day delivery to Perrysburg Ohio. When googling your town, they come up with that town advertised on their website like they are located there, tricking you. The flowers were supposed to be delivered YESTERDAY. They were not. Website says "same day flower delivery". My confirmation email even has yesterday's date for delivery. Today I get an email stating they will be delivered today. They advertise "FREE DELIVERY". DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! Yes, you get "Free Delivery". THEN, when checking out, they tack on a $15.00 "Handling Fee". LOL. Isn't that paying for delivery? I tried clicking the link on their page for help since NOBODY WILL ANSWER THE PHONE. I got an email back saying the message was not deliverable. I called back again and hit option 1 this time for a new order thinking that may prompt someone to answer. A recording message said nobody was available and hung up on me!!! I called back and pushed a different option. A different recorded message offered to leave my number for a call back. I did. They NEVER called back. STAY AWAY!! READ REVIEWS, I wish I did first.

Jeff Hansen

January 11th, 2019 Maple Grove, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avas Flowers was terrible, didn't delivery the Get Well Balloon with no refund either. The Everlasting Sympathy Lavender arrangement that I chose from their site was delivered not even similar in color, style or flower type than what was ordered. Avas Flowers own substitution policy states "minor changes" will be made without consent. They chose to not deliver balloon and to send a completely different arrangement without my consent which violates their own policy. My complaint was received 1 hour after delivery, Avas Flowers never contacted me, 7 days later I painfully called and after being on hold with 3 different call center employees and 40 minutes later was told a 10% refund could be issued which didn't even cover the $9 balloon they never delivered for me but was paid for. Horrible customer service for a supposed "local family owned business"

Stew Pidasso

January 11th, 2019 Williston, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ordered flowers 3 days ago and still waiting. Guess they plant a seed and once it’s a full grown flowering plant they will deliver... All my plans are ruined, thanks AVAS

Jonell E Gillis

January 10th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This place is a joke. I ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter at her job for her birthday. I ordered online and in the notes, I said if they can't get them there by 1 PM to cancel the order, because she leaves at 1PM. I also called and talked to a real person who said they would get them there by 1PM. On her Birthday, I get a text that they can't get there AT ALL on her Birthday and they will deliver them the next day. When she got to work there was a sealed box (delivered by USPS) She opened it, and it wasn't the flowers I ordered and the balloon was broken. Wow what a scam

Laroya Compton

January 10th, 2019 Irving, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a birthday bouquet with a purple bow for my Mother's birthday with 1 birthday mylar balloon, 3 latex balloons (purple, pink and yellow which I paid extra for) and a regular sized birthday card...Well, the flowers were ok but there was a polka dot bow, 1 extra silver mylar balloon in place of the 3 latex balloons, the card was the small sized cards that are attached to a bouquet and the order was placed at 8am and they did not arrive until well after 4pm. :(

Samantha

January 10th, 2019 Jasper, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I helped my brother order flowers for his gf birthday. They live in different towns so we used Google to help us fund a local florist in her town. Avas was the first to pop up. Ordered a beautiful arrangement bursting with color. And that was NOT what was received. It had 6 roses in it , some carnations and mainly GREENERY! Almost 80$ for greenery! And half a dozen roses he could've spent 10$ bucks on at Wal-Mart! I ordered the deluxe and what was sent was SO SMALL, It was EMBARRASSING!!! When I emailed customer service about how unhappy I was -and not to mention I paid for a colored vase that wasn't received- I was given the go around! They refunded me for the vase I didn't receive and said after reviewing the pictures I sent to them, the order was filled to value and recipe! ... ?!!??.... Again, I argued this point with the sales rep and told them I would GLADLY pay 39.99 for the small arrangement , bc that's what was received and wanted refunded the difference I paid for a deluxe. I was given a 10% refund. Anyone who can do math. Knows that doesn't add up. They are crooks and a scam! They sent flowers that did NOT live up to what they advertised! There are people who are still fighting to get their money back from avas so I guess I should be satisfied with what little bit I got!

Chris caine

January 9th, 2019 Porter, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers for my wife as nd they were never delivered tried to contact them several time with no response ask for a refund in an email to them. Still no response the basically some a hundred dollars from me. Not only stay away ruin from this company they have no customer service and are shady to say the least.

Robert Dees

January 7th, 2019 Cambria, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a $150 wreath that was supposed to include red roses and a red ribbon. It had neither. What I got was a cheap-looking ring of chrysanthemums, all white.

Thaddeus

January 7th, 2019 Champaign, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had requested the My Sun, Moon and Stars arrangement to be sent to the funeral service of my friend who just died of cancer. I had been told that the yellow roses would be replaced with white ones, and I specifically confirmed that there would be blue glass, as my friend who just died loved blue glass, that was the entire reason I chose this particular arrangement. When the flowers arrived, not only were the roses yellow, but the glass was not blue, it was a clear vase. There only appears to be one lily and just a few pink flowers, not the blue/purple flowers from the picture on the website. Baby's breath appears to have been used to give the appearance of a full bouquet, but to be honest the bouquets I can go buy from Walmart for $9.99 look better than this one, and I paid $66. What is especially disappointing though is that on the day of my friends funeral, I was hoping to have sent a touching symbol that would be of value to the family - symbolized by the blue glass that my friend loved, and instead they got just some flowers, that lacked any meaning.

Julie Simpson

January 7th, 2019 Wheat Ridge, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a floral tree with carnations and mums and ornament in among the greens what was delivered was a bunch of greens with a bow and a couple of flower and did not resemble in any way what I ordered. A complete waste of almost 90 dollars, and when I called them they promised to deliver her another floral bouquet and they did not do that either. Do not use them.

Alissa

January 7th, 2019 Chelmsford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered flowers to be sent to a friend from this website because the arrangement I chose said it could be delivered on the day I needed. Upon submitting and confirming my order, it said I chose a “Flex date” between the day I chose and the next day which I DID NOT approve. I later received an email that my order would be delivered on the correct day and then hours later, they called me to say it wouldn’t - it would be potentially two days after I wanted it delivered. I asked them to cancel my order and they said I would not be fully refunded. The order is for a friend’s father’s anniversary of his passing and they were completely insensitive to it. The woman on the phone seemed like she was reading off a script and had no understanding of the significance that delayed flowers for this kind of order would look like an after thought. I’ll never buy again and I would advise against anyone doing so.

Jasper Beach

January 7th, 2019 Andover, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

These folks are not locally owned and operated, Their HQ/Call Center is in New Jersey and once they take your order and your credit card, they contact a local florist. No problem there. The problem exists in deceptive pricing - they add a service fee after you've agreed on a price and given them your card number. They fail miserably on delivery date and times. The quality and quantity of flowers they provide are beyond sub-par. Your ability to talk to them about any and all issues is almost non existent. I talked to a florist who won't do business with them and refuses to take orders from them. There are many, many more quality vendors out there - do your homework. Stay away from this deceptive, poor quality, and highly priced business!

John F

December 31st, 2018 Elgin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Apparently this is a legit business, but they act like a scam in every possible way including pretending to be a local florist by setting up dummy sites, posting phony review ratings on their website, hiding legitimate negative reviews, etc. It is clear why they need to hide. They are extremely unreliable, and the customer service is horrible. I placed an order which they said the could deliver same day. Called a few hours later and they re-confirmed it would be delivered that day and said they would check to see if they could get it expedited. 8 hours later, no word from them. So I called customer service again and they say they had a problem contacting a local florist, which they pretend HARD to be on their website to the point of lying about it. So anyway, they didn't bother to call me and say my order couldn't be delivered. If it wasn't being delivered to my own home I would never have known. The offered to send a different arrangement "from their warehouse" to arrive 7 days later. Yeah. I'm sorry I can't reschedule my wife's birthday. Left me high and dry, empty handed. I would have given them a second star maybe if they had at least tried to contact me and let me know it wasn't going to happen when I made the extra effort to ask about whether it would be same day delivery and was assured it was. The customer support person (obviously in a call center, possibly offshore) was unapologetic and indifferent to the dilemma they put me in. Avoid this business at all costs, and be SUPER careful when ordering from a "local florist" they are very good at disguising themselves via mock store-front websites to pretend they are just down the street.

Cheryl Person

December 31st, 2018 Sealy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wish these reviews had shown up when I ordered! Was trying to send flowers for Christmas eve. They not only failed they said their only option was UPS and it would take several days! When I tried to check status online it said there wasn't one. When I sent email it said it might take couple weeks to reply if around holidays. When I called today to their supposed live number it takes a while to get to a human. And then the human put me on hold to "check" then it rolled me to their automated review system. So of course had to repeat process only with much longer hold time and with the news that they failed with no apologies or explanations. They did refund money and pointed it out to me like I should be impressed. Their website of course acts like they have all these local connections and it's a total lie. If they could have even arranged for today with some concessions I would have lived with it. These guys need to be brought down!

Jan

December 31st, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service! Called in to order a Seasonal holiday bouquet for $44.96 when placed order was told would receive a receipt. Payment of $72.69 removed from my banking and no receipt! Once noticed amount removed from bank made a call regarding no receipt, was then told about card fee, now fee and a service fee of $18.00 which I did not authorize. Asked to speak with supervisor was told there was none. Found that hard to believe asked about refund was told not able to do. Have not had a chance to speak with the recipient of the flowers yet but hoping the quality of the flowers were better than the customer service..they may have been dead! I would NOT recommend this florist!! Save your money!!!!

Jana

December 31st, 2018 Overland Park, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm so mad that I didn't read the reviews prior to my purchase. The bouquet was awful and when I sent them a picture they replied that it met their requirements. What a waste of $70! Don't buy from them!

Maddie

December 18th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My boyfriend had ordered from them twice with no problems whatsoever. We were happy with the flowers and the service. However, this third time when there was a problem with the delivery escalated to be the worst experience we've ever had with a business. My boyfriend ordered flowers for me for our one year anniversary. He waited painstakingly all day for me to thank him for the flowers he ordered to be delivered to my office, but they never came. When I got home he asked me if I got the flowers and I said no. He tried the email he found online and it bounced back. We tried calling and the automated service hung up on us. Finally, almost a week later we got through to an actual human. We explained the situation and said that I had never received the flowers. They told us the name of a person who had signed for my flowers and they worked in a completely different building than I do. I also was furious that they allowed a stranger to sign for my flowers. By the time I went to that building after finding out my flowers went to the wrong place they had already thrown them away. My phone number was listed on the recipient but neither me or my boyfriend ever received a notification that the flowers were left somewhere not listed on the address provided. The customer service representative, Janet, was absolutely terrible. I think they outsource their customer service because she could barely speak English and we had to repeat ourselves several times. She blatantly lied to us that the delivery person couldn't access my building so they had to leave them with someone else who then notified me (my building is open 24/7 and I was never notified). She also said she couldn't give us a refund because it was beyond their 3 day window. This was ridiculous since we couldn't even get in contact with them. We asked for her manager to call us back and we never got a call. Ava's flowers for ruined the anniversary surprise and caused us endless hours of stress and anxiety. If you want to throw money down the drain order from them!

Ronnie

December 18th, 2018 Great Meadows, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I placed an order at 12pm on Monday October 29, 2018. I needed this order to arrive on the Monday, October 29th before 3pm. I choose AVAS Flowers because they advertised same day delivery as long as the order is placed before 2pm on the same day the delivery is requested. The customer service employee, Charlie, assured me that since the order was placed before 2pm that it will arrive before 3 or by 3pm. Charlie even put me on hold to speak with someone to confirm that this request can be accomodated. The reason it was imperative that it arrive that day was due to a very special surprise and also the recipient only works part-time and leaves by 3pm each day. I kept checking the AVAS website to track my order and I couldn't access my order. I called after 3pm and spoke to Daniel who told me that he was able to catch the driver and cancel the delivery for today and move it to tomorrow. I was extremely upset about this. I wanted it to be a surprise and be special and that didn't happen. At the end of the day I receive the below; On Monday, October 29, 2018, 4:45:06 PM EDT, Avas Flowers wrote: Dear ........ , Thank you for using Avas Flowers. We are happy to take care of your floral order for K...... Your order was successfully delivered! ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 10/29 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:39 PM DRIVER NAME: John INVOICE NUMBER: 177105/1 PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: 0000 Vase arrangement of burgundy and White Flowers Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve your floral needs. We look forward to being your florist of choice in the future! For further information on your delivery visit www.AvasFlowers.com/Status. and enter your order-number 5591504. Sincerely, Avas Flowers www.AvasFlowers.com 877-638-3303 I then called AVAS and spoke to another person. I told them that I had called earlier and spoke with Daniel and that he was able to reach the driver and stop the delivery and that a new order would be delivered the next day. This 3rd person I spoke with told me to call back tomorrow and maybe they can refund my money since I paid $60.98 for the arrangement and it wasn't delivered per their confirmation of "by 3PM" and now it won't be a fresh product nor the surprise I needed it to be. I contacted my bank and they tried to dispute it (which took a few weeks) but AVAS said they will not refund me my money back. I called AVAS on Saturday, December 15, 2018, which took more than 15 minutes to get someone on the phone to just discuss this matter with. I spoke with a customer service representative who couldn't help me so she put me through to a fella named George whereas she told me that George was a Manager. I explained again, now the 4th time that I spoke to a different employee of AVAS, and he said blatantly that the flowers were delivered on time and the time of delivery on my confirmation, 4:39PM, was the time the truck returned to the garage. First of all, AVAS Flowers is just a call center, they just place the orders with a local florist, which I should have went through in the first place and what I will always do moving forward, so there is no way he would know any information on the driver's return. Second of all, it clearly says on the above that the "ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME WAS 4:39PM. I spoke directly to the recipient and she left her office at 3PM, and she did not receive the flowers at 3PM as George claimed. I asked George if he was the Manager in charge and he said he is not a Manager and for me to call in a few hours. I said who do I speak with and he just said again "just call back in a few hours". He was the most unprofessional, rudest, arrogant customer service representative I've ever spoken to. AVAS needs to be "SHUT DOWN". With all the complaints on file with this business, how come they aren't out of business yet? When I ordered these flowers I was clear in requesting that I needed the same day delivery by 3pm. If they couldn't accommodate this request, I should have been told right at that moment as there are many other florists that I could have contacted. So now because of their dishonesty, terrible service, untrained and unprofessional employees, I am out $60.98. I would never recommend AVAS Florals. A disappointed and totally unsatisfied customer in Warren County NJ NOTE; THE ONLY REASON I'M GIVING 1 STAR AS I'M REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SOME TYPE OF RATING. HOWEVER, I WOULD RATE AVAS FLORISTS A "0"

Dawn Montoya

December 13th, 2018 Destin, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Death in family-one dozen white roses in a vase ordered(nothing complicated). Bouquet of cheap purple chrysanthemums arrived 4 days late. Still fighting with them for refund and or new bouquet to be sent-despite their satisfaction "guarantee".

Ida hardin

December 7th, 2018 Berea, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My sister was in the hospital and I wanted her to get flowers, ftd did not deliver in her area so I went with Avas,they were very courteous and the flowers were gorgeous,wonderful experience

Stacy

December 7th, 2018 Commerce, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

WORST flowers we’ve ever sent; embarrassment!! False advertising! They do not send anything close to advertised photos! Customer service is worse than the flowers!

Gricel Valdes

December 7th, 2018 Lehigh Acres, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service is totally unacceptable, delivery date and time was sent to me and delivery was not done next day after I received the notice and when delivery finally came it was not what I ordered AT ALL. Not the color, not the right size, nothing to do what it was offered at the website. If I could rate a minus 5 start I will rate it MINUS START!!!!

C. Rodriguez

December 7th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

It was the worse. My husband tried to surprise me with flowers. 1. They had the wrong address 2. Then they said they came to my job And said that the security guard said they can’t deliver them 3. Then they said the security guard said I wasn’t at work Mind you they didn’t even bother to call my husband to let him know that they were having an issue. Then they don’t want to give my husband his money back. It is the worst service that I have ever had to deal with. I promise I will let everyone know not to use their service. I’m gonna report then to the better business bureau.

Kathy Arnold

December 7th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I made a mistake of ordering from this company, I got a text saying, the flowers was delivered. I called my friend to verify but they had not been. I finally got a hold of someone after trying several time and being hung up multinational time, I was also transferred and then again being hung up on! After I finally getting a hold of some one they wanted another 20.00 to deliver the flowers. Order at your own risk!!

Dont do it

December 7th, 2018 Evans, GA

Horrible.... please do not use them. All I have to say they tried to charge me for something I didn’t even approve or purchase. The customer service tho is straight trash! Just by the customer service over the phone I will never use them or anything that supports them. People save your money. If you read other reviews they like to charge you for things. But I never made the purchase! And I was on hold for 2 hours. Where do you guys hire your staff. Ava’s Flowers you will never be as successful as you claim to be with a staff like that. I spoke to 1. LOUIS who was the rudest human I have ever encountered in life, may god handle that one 2. RACHEL who was kind. 3. Summer who was also nice 3. Oscar let’s just say he answered the phone.

Jennifer

November 26th, 2018 Melrose, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible experience. Ordered a colorful arrangement for my friend who passed away suddenly. Her husband sent me a picture ( otherwise , I would never have known what they actually sent). They sent 4 already full bloomed roses and 6 half dead roses. No colors at all. It cost $70.00 and I could have gotten better flowers at Walmart. When I complained I got a $10.00 credit. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Lisa

November 26th, 2018 Aurora, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My mother ordered flowers for a funeral and paid a loy of money for the flowers. The flowers received at the funeral home was nothing like the flowers in the picture she had ordered. We called and even sent pictures and the company is not very willing to admit fault on their end. Even to go as far as to argue back with us stating many excuses as to why its the same thing. I do not recommend at all. Very disappointed.

Haley

November 26th, 2018 Ocala, FL

I have not personally purchased through Ava's flowers, however my best friend's boyfriend was having flowers sent to her from this company and she has yet to receive any flower arrangement. The company stated the flowers were delivered, They never were and Ava's flowers made ZERO attempt to contact the buyer regarding so. Several call attempts had been made to get the money refunded and it is still ongoing. the customer service from this flower company is NONEXISTENT and they do not hold themselves accountable for their mistakes. Their service is absolutely unacceptable. I would not recommend them to anyone ever.If putting ZERO stars would be an option, I would have.

Lamantha

November 19th, 2018 Forney, TX

Poor service all around. No delivery and no refund. Poor customer service

Charlie

November 16th, 2018 Stuart, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1, No card with flowers 2, huge handeling charge pops up at check out. 3, flowers nothing like stock photo.

Melina

November 14th, 2018 Naperville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give a no star review, I would. I am surprised they are still in business. Avas did not deliver our flowers to my uncle's wake. They were entirely unhelpful when we called an hour after they were due to be delivered, and have been unreachable since. The local florist they contracted did not receive our two orders from avas at the same time, and they refused to call her back to confirm anything. This was the worst customer service experience I have had yet, and no grieving family should have to deal with this type of issue.

Scott F.

November 14th, 2018 Colts Neck, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had to give one star because you can't give zero. Worst flower buying experience. Ordered flowers and balloons for a surprise for my 84 year old mother in law. Was quoted a delivery window of between 9:40 - 10 am as this was for a surprise. I specifically provided her apartment number for delivery as she lives in a large complex. When the receipt arrive via email, I noticed that the apartment number was missing despite specifically reviewing all delivery details with the associate. I called back and another associate corrected the order and I received an updated invoice with the apartment number on it. As 10:00 on the delivery day came and passed, I called only to be told that they now can't guarantee delivery before noon. Surprise not shot, I waited until noon for delivery. Still no flowers. Called again, only to find out that the driver delivered the flowers to the management office on the other side of the property causing me to get in the car in a driving rain storm to get the flowers. When I got to the management office they told me that they told the driver to deliver the arrangement to the apartment but he answered that they always leave it here, which was false. Next day all the balloons have lost helium and are on the floor. I have called Avas 6 times to get satisfaction. They have claimed that the didn't have the address despite it being on the receipt dated 3 days before the delivery and now that it was too late to claim a product defect, which I told them about as soon as the balloons dropped a day after delivery. They offered to give me a whopping $12 on a $100 order, which is crap.

Willa Conlan

November 12th, 2018 Winter Garden, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered an arrangement for my sister's funeral. The flowers I ordered were not the ones that were delivered. I ordered a medium basket arrangement, and they delivered something that was sized more to a Barbie Dream House. It was very upsetting to my family and i, as that was supposed to be the backdrop for her ashes. It was not even visible over the box of cremains. We called immediately upon seeing the arrangement, and they refused to give me any information about who fulfilled the ordered, and then proceeded to ignore all our emails and photos that we sent to back up our complaint. Tonight, they called to tell me how beautiful the arrangement was, and how it had lilies of the valley, etc. I don't want their platitudes, I want the arrangement that my sister, a 19 year veteran of our military, deserved, and that was ordered. I could not care less if I got a refund, but an apology is deserved. That is how you make it right.