Avas Flowers Logo

7.1

Jennifer Murtoff Broadview, IL

My friend was kind and thoughtful and ordered flowers for me. I have a busy week due to being in an accident, with doctor's appointments and other things to attend to. We'd scheduled for a delivery between 3 and 5 today. I was home. No flowers. At 5 PM, I called customer service. They said the flowers were ready and would be out for delivery in the next half hour. I waited until 5:40. No flowers. I called again. They said the florist had tried to deliver and I was not home. NOT TRUE. I had been home since 3. Then they said the florist would come back out and deliver them. I asked them to give them my cell number in case they got lost. By 7, I still had no flowers. I went about my evening. Still no flowers. I'll never use them again.

Anne Merrimack, NH

I wish I had read these reviews before placing my order! They advertised as being a 'local' company, so I thought I was dealing with a shop in the same town as my desired delivery. I ordered (a pricey) arrangement to be delivered to a funeral home. It didn't show up - I spoke with 5 different customer service reps (on 5 different occasions) and no one was able to tell me the status of the arrangement or if it would be delivered at all. The day after it was supposed to arrive, it still did not, so I cancelled the order. They tried to get me to 're-send' it to another location. No thanks. It was expensive in the first place and then no way to track where the order was coming from, if it was being delivered, why it was not delivered, etc. Poor!!!

Colette Girard, PA

This company doesn't even deserve 1 star. I have never had to deal with such a ridiculous company before in my life. I sent my mother flowers and a balloon as part of a birthday/gender reveal in Florida. They attempted to deliver the item, I received a notification that it was delivered. When I checked my e-mail there was a notice stating that it couldn't be delivered due to no one being home. Turns out the company themselves had the wrong city, even though my confirmation e-mail from Ava's Flowers says the correct city. I had spoke with 3 customer service reps that night and finally tried to cancel my order. They couldn't get a hold of the designer (go figure) so in order to cancel I'd have to call the next morning, which I did, the customer service rep told me yet again he could not get ahold of the designer (Surprise!) He said he would go ahead and file a refund. Fast forward to 4pm this evening, the day after I wanted it delivered, my Mother texted me to tell me she received her flowers. Imagine my surprise when I was pretty sure I cancelled them early that morning. They were delivered after I said not to, the arrangement isn't what I even ordered, and it was missing the balloon that I had to pay for. So the order sat in a hot truck in Florida for an entire day, a night, and then all day the following day and delivered against my wishes. The customer service reps are a joke to even try to talk to. They absolutely refused to give me a refund. This company is the biggest scam I have ever seen. DO NOT order from them EVER!

Peggy Gibson Colorado Springs, CO

The flowers I ordered were for my mother's 84th birthday, and I am totally embarrassed as to what was delivered. I spent $59.00 for an arrangement that looks like I bought it from the grocery store. I ordered the "My Sun, Moon, and Stars" arrangement for $39.95, and and that nearly $16 was charged for shipping and handling. So for $60, a bouquet of mostly greens, status, and roses was delivered. I am very disappointed and embarrassed that I chose your company when ordering flowers for such an important event. As for the 2000 reward points, I do not need them, as I will not be using them. If you do not understand my frustration and disappointment after reviewing the pictures I sent to you, well there is a problem with your business model. I am not trying to get something for nothing, I simply do not understand what kind of florist would be OK to send something like this, and saying it matches your online pictures.

Evelyn Determan Maple Grove, MN

I ordered 3 arrangements for 3 different people who live in different cities to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. I thought it was odd that my online order review was set up to show the flowers I ordered and the cost, but the recipients and their addresses weren't displayed with my order. I should have listened to my hesitations. Ava Flowers delivered 2 arrangements to one of my recipients who lives in a different State than the other 2, and sent her a text to say the third arrangement would be coming, but it was never delivered. My other 2 intended recipients never received the flowers I ordered, nor did they receive a text. I tried to contact Ava Flowers on 2/14/19 but after a very long wait I was told I had to schedule a return call for the next day, but when I waited to do that, the automated voice said "goodbye" and hung up. I tried calling a second time and the same thing happened. I tried calling the next day and the SAME thing happened, so I sent an email to Avas. In my email I sent my order number, the names and addresses of my relatives who didn't get the flowers I ordered for them and paid for, and requested that the situation be corrected. Two days later, to my surprise, I received a response that they were unable to make "changes", since my order had "already been prepared for delivery/on its way to be delivered/or delivered." I have never had such terrible customer service!! I have now sent my complaint to Visa, and they are contacting Ava's Flowers. Needless to say, I will never order from Ava's Flowers again.

Michael Bruff Dearborn, MI

I was looking for a local florist to deliver Valentine's Day flowers to my wife. I found Ava's Flowers and they appeared to be a local florist in Livonia MI. So on 2/12/19 I ordered the flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. Now it's 2/15/19 and the flowers still have not delivered. I contacted their supposed customer service number yesterday afternoon as the flowers had not been delivered. I got an automated system that kept telling me the flowers were out for delivery. Then when I tired to speak to a live person the system only had an option to have them call me back. But then when I selected that option - their system said the service was unavailable and then it said "Good Bye" and hung up on me. I consider myself internet savvy and I don't typically get taken by scams or bad companies. Unfortunately Ava's Flowers got me as I was empty handed last night on Valentine's Day. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY TO CROOKS.

Lisa Chandler, AZ

I started ordering online for a same day delivery but didn't finalize because I decided to call first to ensure it would be same day. The service representative put my mind at ease and told me which local florist in Utah that would deliver it. The rep finalized my order over the phone. Right after hanging up, I decided to google the florist that would be handling my order and they aren't even open on Saturdays! I called Avas back, spoke with a different rep., asked for a refund, he stated I wouldn't get my service fee back and said he would get another florist to do it but wouldn't tell me who, said he would confirm and call me back, waited an hour, I called back...decided to get a refund and call a local Utah florist myself. Rep put me on hold and when he got back to me said he couldn't refund my money because the arrangement was already made. 3 1/2 hrs wasted of my Saturday morning and tons of stress. This is Not a reputable company. Beware!! I spent over $100..ordering flowers should not be this difficult.

Lance Midvale, UT

I placed an order from Ava's Flowers to have flowers delivered to my girlfriend in Schertz ,Texas. When the flowers were delivered she sent me a photo and it looked NOTHING like the photo on their Avas Flowers website. There were half as many roses as shown in the website photograph and I had paid $5 extra for a pink vase and the flowers came in a clear vase. I contacted Ava's flowers and they told me that there were 4 missing roses. Comparing the photos there were a dozen missing roses, literally half what was shown on their website. I paid $104.43 and they offered a $27.48 refund which is far less than what I should have received given what was delivered.

Darla Holycross Omaha, NE

Wish I had read reviews before I used Avas! -Yes, you think you’re dealing with a local shop but you’re not. - Promised same day delivery for a wake on Monday, funeral on Tuesday. Got a call today wanting to know if I had a home address to deliver them to today!! No, I don’t and one wants funeral flowers delivered to the funeral. -Previously, Monday noonish, theycalled and said they were out of a cross pillow that goes with it. (Listed 3 in stock online) So I settled for a heart. -Oh yes and the 47.00 price became 72.00 when they tacked on the “service fee”. -I cancelled the order today and was told I’d get my money back. I guess we’ll see. I have NEVER dealt with such terrible, irresponsible, corrupt floral people in my long life.

Cynthiab0626 Walbridge, OH

CHECK THEIR REVIEWS!! They are mostly all ONE Star for a reason!! I needed same day delivery to a funeral home. Since our neighbor's daughter passed away in Florida and we live in Ohio, we did not find out until last minute. She was flown home for services. I ordered from this company ONLY because they advertise like they are in the same town. THEY ARE NOT. I needed same day delivery to Perrysburg Ohio. When googling your town, they come up with that town advertised on their website like they are located there, tricking you. The flowers were supposed to be delivered YESTERDAY. They were not. Website says "same day flower delivery". My confirmation email even has yesterday's date for delivery. Today I get an email stating they will be delivered today. They advertise "FREE DELIVERY". DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! Yes, you get "Free Delivery". THEN, when checking out, they tack on a $15.00 "Handling Fee". LOL. Isn't that paying for delivery? I tried clicking the link on their page for help since NOBODY WILL ANSWER THE PHONE. I got an email back saying the message was not deliverable. I called back again and hit option 1 this time for a new order thinking that may prompt someone to answer. A recording message said nobody was available and hung up on me!!! I called back and pushed a different option. A different recorded message offered to leave my number for a call back. I did. They NEVER called back. STAY AWAY!! READ REVIEWS, I wish I did first.

Jeff Hansen Maple Grove, MN

Avas Flowers was terrible, didn't delivery the Get Well Balloon with no refund either. The Everlasting Sympathy Lavender arrangement that I chose from their site was delivered not even similar in color, style or flower type than what was ordered. Avas Flowers own substitution policy states "minor changes" will be made without consent. They chose to not deliver balloon and to send a completely different arrangement without my consent which violates their own policy. My complaint was received 1 hour after delivery, Avas Flowers never contacted me, 7 days later I painfully called and after being on hold with 3 different call center employees and 40 minutes later was told a 10% refund could be issued which didn't even cover the $9 balloon they never delivered for me but was paid for. Horrible customer service for a supposed "local family owned business"

Samantha Jasper, AL

I helped my brother order flowers for his gf birthday. They live in different towns so we used Google to help us fund a local florist in her town. Avas was the first to pop up. Ordered a beautiful arrangement bursting with color. And that was NOT what was received. It had 6 roses in it , some carnations and mainly GREENERY! Almost 80$ for greenery! And half a dozen roses he could've spent 10$ bucks on at Wal-Mart! I ordered the deluxe and what was sent was SO SMALL, It was EMBARRASSING!!! When I emailed customer service about how unhappy I was -and not to mention I paid for a colored vase that wasn't received- I was given the go around! They refunded me for the vase I didn't receive and said after reviewing the pictures I sent to them, the order was filled to value and recipe! ... ?!!??.... Again, I argued this point with the sales rep and told them I would GLADLY pay 39.99 for the small arrangement , bc that's what was received and wanted refunded the difference I paid for a deluxe. I was given a 10% refund. Anyone who can do math. Knows that doesn't add up. They are crooks and a scam! They sent flowers that did NOT live up to what they advertised! There are people who are still fighting to get their money back from avas so I guess I should be satisfied with what little bit I got!

Thaddeus Champaign, IL

I had requested the My Sun, Moon and Stars arrangement to be sent to the funeral service of my friend who just died of cancer. I had been told that the yellow roses would be replaced with white ones, and I specifically confirmed that there would be blue glass, as my friend who just died loved blue glass, that was the entire reason I chose this particular arrangement. When the flowers arrived, not only were the roses yellow, but the glass was not blue, it was a clear vase. There only appears to be one lily and just a few pink flowers, not the blue/purple flowers from the picture on the website. Baby's breath appears to have been used to give the appearance of a full bouquet, but to be honest the bouquets I can go buy from Walmart for $9.99 look better than this one, and I paid $66. What is especially disappointing though is that on the day of my friends funeral, I was hoping to have sent a touching symbol that would be of value to the family - symbolized by the blue glass that my friend loved, and instead they got just some flowers, that lacked any meaning.

Alissa Chelmsford, MA

I ordered flowers to be sent to a friend from this website because the arrangement I chose said it could be delivered on the day I needed. Upon submitting and confirming my order, it said I chose a “Flex date” between the day I chose and the next day which I DID NOT approve. I later received an email that my order would be delivered on the correct day and then hours later, they called me to say it wouldn’t - it would be potentially two days after I wanted it delivered. I asked them to cancel my order and they said I would not be fully refunded. The order is for a friend’s father’s anniversary of his passing and they were completely insensitive to it. The woman on the phone seemed like she was reading off a script and had no understanding of the significance that delayed flowers for this kind of order would look like an after thought. I’ll never buy again and I would advise against anyone doing so.

Jasper Beach Andover, MA

These folks are not locally owned and operated, Their HQ/Call Center is in New Jersey and once they take your order and your credit card, they contact a local florist. No problem there. The problem exists in deceptive pricing - they add a service fee after you've agreed on a price and given them your card number. They fail miserably on delivery date and times. The quality and quantity of flowers they provide are beyond sub-par. Your ability to talk to them about any and all issues is almost non existent. I talked to a florist who won't do business with them and refuses to take orders from them. There are many, many more quality vendors out there - do your homework. Stay away from this deceptive, poor quality, and highly priced business!

John F Elgin, TX

Apparently this is a legit business, but they act like a scam in every possible way including pretending to be a local florist by setting up dummy sites, posting phony review ratings on their website, hiding legitimate negative reviews, etc. It is clear why they need to hide. They are extremely unreliable, and the customer service is horrible. I placed an order which they said the could deliver same day. Called a few hours later and they re-confirmed it would be delivered that day and said they would check to see if they could get it expedited. 8 hours later, no word from them. So I called customer service again and they say they had a problem contacting a local florist, which they pretend HARD to be on their website to the point of lying about it. So anyway, they didn't bother to call me and say my order couldn't be delivered. If it wasn't being delivered to my own home I would never have known. The offered to send a different arrangement "from their warehouse" to arrive 7 days later. Yeah. I'm sorry I can't reschedule my wife's birthday. Left me high and dry, empty handed. I would have given them a second star maybe if they had at least tried to contact me and let me know it wasn't going to happen when I made the extra effort to ask about whether it would be same day delivery and was assured it was. The customer support person (obviously in a call center, possibly offshore) was unapologetic and indifferent to the dilemma they put me in. Avoid this business at all costs, and be SUPER careful when ordering from a "local florist" they are very good at disguising themselves via mock store-front websites to pretend they are just down the street.

Cheryl Person Sealy, TX

Wish these reviews had shown up when I ordered! Was trying to send flowers for Christmas eve. They not only failed they said their only option was UPS and it would take several days! When I tried to check status online it said there wasn't one. When I sent email it said it might take couple weeks to reply if around holidays. When I called today to their supposed live number it takes a while to get to a human. And then the human put me on hold to "check" then it rolled me to their automated review system. So of course had to repeat process only with much longer hold time and with the news that they failed with no apologies or explanations. They did refund money and pointed it out to me like I should be impressed. Their website of course acts like they have all these local connections and it's a total lie. If they could have even arranged for today with some concessions I would have lived with it. These guys need to be brought down!

Jan Ogden, UT

Terrible customer service! Called in to order a Seasonal holiday bouquet for $44.96 when placed order was told would receive a receipt. Payment of $72.69 removed from my banking and no receipt! Once noticed amount removed from bank made a call regarding no receipt, was then told about card fee, now fee and a service fee of $18.00 which I did not authorize. Asked to speak with supervisor was told there was none. Found that hard to believe asked about refund was told not able to do. Have not had a chance to speak with the recipient of the flowers yet but hoping the quality of the flowers were better than the customer service..they may have been dead! I would NOT recommend this florist!! Save your money!!!!

Maddie Nashville, TN

My boyfriend had ordered from them twice with no problems whatsoever. We were happy with the flowers and the service. However, this third time when there was a problem with the delivery escalated to be the worst experience we've ever had with a business. My boyfriend ordered flowers for me for our one year anniversary. He waited painstakingly all day for me to thank him for the flowers he ordered to be delivered to my office, but they never came. When I got home he asked me if I got the flowers and I said no. He tried the email he found online and it bounced back. We tried calling and the automated service hung up on us. Finally, almost a week later we got through to an actual human. We explained the situation and said that I had never received the flowers. They told us the name of a person who had signed for my flowers and they worked in a completely different building than I do. I also was furious that they allowed a stranger to sign for my flowers. By the time I went to that building after finding out my flowers went to the wrong place they had already thrown them away. My phone number was listed on the recipient but neither me or my boyfriend ever received a notification that the flowers were left somewhere not listed on the address provided. The customer service representative, Janet, was absolutely terrible. I think they outsource their customer service because she could barely speak English and we had to repeat ourselves several times. She blatantly lied to us that the delivery person couldn't access my building so they had to leave them with someone else who then notified me (my building is open 24/7 and I was never notified). She also said she couldn't give us a refund because it was beyond their 3 day window. This was ridiculous since we couldn't even get in contact with them. We asked for her manager to call us back and we never got a call. Ava's flowers for ruined the anniversary surprise and caused us endless hours of stress and anxiety. If you want to throw money down the drain order from them!

Ronnie Great Meadows, NJ

I placed an order at 12pm on Monday October 29, 2018. I needed this order to arrive on the Monday, October 29th before 3pm. I choose AVAS Flowers because they advertised same day delivery as long as the order is placed before 2pm on the same day the delivery is requested. The customer service employee, Charlie, assured me that since the order was placed before 2pm that it will arrive before 3 or by 3pm. Charlie even put me on hold to speak with someone to confirm that this request can be accomodated. The reason it was imperative that it arrive that day was due to a very special surprise and also the recipient only works part-time and leaves by 3pm each day. I kept checking the AVAS website to track my order and I couldn't access my order. I called after 3pm and spoke to Daniel who told me that he was able to catch the driver and cancel the delivery for today and move it to tomorrow. I was extremely upset about this. I wanted it to be a surprise and be special and that didn't happen. At the end of the day I receive the below; On Monday, October 29, 2018, 4:45:06 PM EDT, Avas Flowers wrote: Dear ........ , Thank you for using Avas Flowers. We are happy to take care of your floral order for K...... Your order was successfully delivered! ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 10/29 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:39 PM DRIVER NAME: John INVOICE NUMBER: 177105/1 PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: 0000 Vase arrangement of burgundy and White Flowers Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve your floral needs. We look forward to being your florist of choice in the future! For further information on your delivery visit www.AvasFlowers.com/Status. and enter your order-number 5591504. Sincerely, Avas Flowers www.AvasFlowers.com 877-638-3303 I then called AVAS and spoke to another person. I told them that I had called earlier and spoke with Daniel and that he was able to reach the driver and stop the delivery and that a new order would be delivered the next day. This 3rd person I spoke with told me to call back tomorrow and maybe they can refund my money since I paid $60.98 for the arrangement and it wasn't delivered per their confirmation of "by 3PM" and now it won't be a fresh product nor the surprise I needed it to be. I contacted my bank and they tried to dispute it (which took a few weeks) but AVAS said they will not refund me my money back. I called AVAS on Saturday, December 15, 2018, which took more than 15 minutes to get someone on the phone to just discuss this matter with. I spoke with a customer service representative who couldn't help me so she put me through to a fella named George whereas she told me that George was a Manager. I explained again, now the 4th time that I spoke to a different employee of AVAS, and he said blatantly that the flowers were delivered on time and the time of delivery on my confirmation, 4:39PM, was the time the truck returned to the garage. First of all, AVAS Flowers is just a call center, they just place the orders with a local florist, which I should have went through in the first place and what I will always do moving forward, so there is no way he would know any information on the driver's return. Second of all, it clearly says on the above that the "ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME WAS 4:39PM. I spoke directly to the recipient and she left her office at 3PM, and she did not receive the flowers at 3PM as George claimed. I asked George if he was the Manager in charge and he said he is not a Manager and for me to call in a few hours. I said who do I speak with and he just said again "just call back in a few hours". He was the most unprofessional, rudest, arrogant customer service representative I've ever spoken to. AVAS needs to be "SHUT DOWN". With all the complaints on file with this business, how come they aren't out of business yet? When I ordered these flowers I was clear in requesting that I needed the same day delivery by 3pm. If they couldn't accommodate this request, I should have been told right at that moment as there are many other florists that I could have contacted. So now because of their dishonesty, terrible service, untrained and unprofessional employees, I am out $60.98. I would never recommend AVAS Florals. A disappointed and totally unsatisfied customer in Warren County NJ NOTE; THE ONLY REASON I'M GIVING 1 STAR AS I'M REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SOME TYPE OF RATING. HOWEVER, I WOULD RATE AVAS FLORISTS A "0"

Dont do it Evans, GA

Horrible.... please do not use them. All I have to say they tried to charge me for something I didn’t even approve or purchase. The customer service tho is straight trash! Just by the customer service over the phone I will never use them or anything that supports them. People save your money. If you read other reviews they like to charge you for things. But I never made the purchase! And I was on hold for 2 hours. Where do you guys hire your staff. Ava’s Flowers you will never be as successful as you claim to be with a staff like that. I spoke to 1. LOUIS who was the rudest human I have ever encountered in life, may god handle that one 2. RACHEL who was kind. 3. Summer who was also nice 3. Oscar let’s just say he answered the phone.

Haley Ocala, FL

I have not personally purchased through Ava's flowers, however my best friend's boyfriend was having flowers sent to her from this company and she has yet to receive any flower arrangement. The company stated the flowers were delivered, They never were and Ava's flowers made ZERO attempt to contact the buyer regarding so. Several call attempts had been made to get the money refunded and it is still ongoing. the customer service from this flower company is NONEXISTENT and they do not hold themselves accountable for their mistakes. Their service is absolutely unacceptable. I would not recommend them to anyone ever.If putting ZERO stars would be an option, I would have.

Scott F. Colts Neck, NJ

Had to give one star because you can't give zero. Worst flower buying experience. Ordered flowers and balloons for a surprise for my 84 year old mother in law. Was quoted a delivery window of between 9:40 - 10 am as this was for a surprise. I specifically provided her apartment number for delivery as she lives in a large complex. When the receipt arrive via email, I noticed that the apartment number was missing despite specifically reviewing all delivery details with the associate. I called back and another associate corrected the order and I received an updated invoice with the apartment number on it. As 10:00 on the delivery day came and passed, I called only to be told that they now can't guarantee delivery before noon. Surprise not shot, I waited until noon for delivery. Still no flowers. Called again, only to find out that the driver delivered the flowers to the management office on the other side of the property causing me to get in the car in a driving rain storm to get the flowers. When I got to the management office they told me that they told the driver to deliver the arrangement to the apartment but he answered that they always leave it here, which was false. Next day all the balloons have lost helium and are on the floor. I have called Avas 6 times to get satisfaction. They have claimed that the didn't have the address despite it being on the receipt dated 3 days before the delivery and now that it was too late to claim a product defect, which I told them about as soon as the balloons dropped a day after delivery. They offered to give me a whopping $12 on a $100 order, which is crap.

Willa Conlan Winter Garden, FL

I ordered an arrangement for my sister's funeral. The flowers I ordered were not the ones that were delivered. I ordered a medium basket arrangement, and they delivered something that was sized more to a Barbie Dream House. It was very upsetting to my family and i, as that was supposed to be the backdrop for her ashes. It was not even visible over the box of cremains. We called immediately upon seeing the arrangement, and they refused to give me any information about who fulfilled the ordered, and then proceeded to ignore all our emails and photos that we sent to back up our complaint. Tonight, they called to tell me how beautiful the arrangement was, and how it had lilies of the valley, etc. I don't want their platitudes, I want the arrangement that my sister, a 19 year veteran of our military, deserved, and that was ordered. I could not care less if I got a refund, but an apology is deserved. That is how you make it right.

Anna Brozel Raleigh, NC

I would give zero stars if I could. I ordered flowers for same day delivery. Flowers weren't delivered. After 24 hours I called to see why. They said they couldn't get up with the florist, so they would get back to me. 48 hours later I called and they said they still couldn't get him out with the florist and they would get back with them. I called back and said I want to cancel. They said they would get with the florist and get back to me. A short time later they said the flowers were delivered and the florist had been trying to deliver them for two days. The flowers were never delivered. My account has been charged. To get my money back they say I need to return the flowers THAT WERE NEVER DELIVERED.

Tammy g Pittsburgh, PA

This is the worst experience I have ever had ordering flowers. My same day delivery did not happened why? The florist Did not have enough flowers. LOL I was told next day, then told day 3 in the evening. This company is a joke. I am embarrassed for not having flowers For my dearest friend returning home from hospital. Ava’s Flowers is shameful. After being lead around in circles I canceled my order. I am now being told I will be reimbursed for flowers that never arrived. Let’s see if this even happens. What a Shameful, horrible company for blundering peoples emotional events. Shame shame shame on you Avas flowers.

Calvin Norcross, GA

As a previous customer, I decided to trust this company with flowers for our anniversary. What a mistake, they not only failed to deliver the flowers on the scheduled day, they didn't do it the day after, after I called to ask why they didn't make it by the 4 PM deadline on the scheduled day. I called the next day when the flowers still hadn't arrived by noon, and had to call another 3 times after that. Still no flowers, and every call I was promised a call back. 4 calls, all with a promised call back, not a single one in the timeframe promised. Oh, but today, after not delivering the flowers for 2 days, they offered me a refund. And $15 the next time I order from them, as if that would be of any value. Stay far away from this company, they don't care about their customers, theiir repurtation, or your event or satisfaction.

Patricia S. Rice Atlanta, GA

This is a fraudulent company in several respects: 1. Their website indicates that they are a "local florist" which is untrue. I'm not even sure after my experience if they even exist as a florist. 2. They indicate percentages off pricing but then increase the price before applying the percentage off. 3. They advertise "free delivery" but have a $16.00 "service charge" after you have completed your order. 3. You cannot reach them by phone - wait times are upwards of 30 minutes or more 4. Their customer service agents speak very poor English so are difficult to communicate with. 5. They do not provide the service they say they will provide (simply delivery flowers on the date selected). Late in the day when it was too late to get flowers elsewhere, they contacted me to say they could not fill my order. I am concerned that this company may not even really exist and is just an internet scam. Avoid this company - call a local florist to have flowers delivered.

Lacricia G Swift El Paso, TX

Terrible company that I will never use again. I ordered a lavender bouquet specifically for the color purple they delivered it without one ounce of purple. On the day of delivery I was contacted twice by customer service once to say they didn't have the same flowers I said that's fine make sure they're the same color because her favorite color is purple they did not listen. Then they called back saying they needed extra money to deliver it that day already paid money to have it delivered that day so I had to pay extra. When I contacted customer service and tell him it's not at all what I ordered and I paid extra for a deluxe bouquet this was definitely not it, they only offered me a $10 store credit. That is useless because I will never use them again save your money

Carla Itasca, TX

To say I was disappointed would be an under statement the flowers I ordered https://cdn.avasflowers.com/img/prod_img/avasflowers-pink-white-sympathy-standing-basket-deluxe-18671_featscat.jpg was not what they delivered. The flowers that were delivered were all white, very small arrangement. I spoke to and e-mailed several people at Avas Flowers about this issue. I ordered the flowers on 9/19/18 and they did deliver on 9/20/18, I called on the moring 9/21/18 to let them know they had sent the wrong flowers, I sent pictures of what I had ordered and what they delivered. They did say they that there had been a mistake, and would speak to the designer that delivered the flowers. Ava's did give me a partial refund after looking at the pictures. The manager I spoke with said that because they did send something that I could not get a full refund. So I still have to pay for something that they decided to send, not what I ordered I think this is very BAD customer service. I was very upset and embarrassed by what they chose to send. I think when you order an arrangement that is what you should get. This was for a very Dear friends Mom, and I hate that they think this is what I sent. Very upset and will never use them again. I would suggest that if you do use them to make sure and check what they send, make sure it is what you ordered and not what they cose to send. Their website says "Five Star Rated" this is not ture

Geryl Pecora Floral Park, NY

The arrangement I ordered and paid for was NOT what was received. I could have gotten a nicer bouquet at the grocery store. Instead of sending the beautiful purple, scarlet, pink combo of flowers w red roses and pretty greenery; we got dyed light purple daisey’s, a few snap dragons (not in what I ordered) and green fern . The difference was startling. Shame on me for not reading the reviews as I usually do. I was pressed for time. When I tried to call to complain, I had to leave a call back # and day and time they’d call me. I’m still waiting to see if they’ll make good on their advertised product. . I will never use this company again.

Tracey Katy, TX

BUYER BEWARE!!!! I ordered the DELUXE Blooming White Standing Spray and was humiliated by the extremely sparse 12-15 blooms and tired floppy bow stuck on the side of the arrangement for a dear family member’s funeral. Additionally, this business is not family owned or operated; if you have a complaint, you will not speak to anyone but the call center. so, if you like to support local merchants (especially if the event is in a small town) do NOT use Ava’s Flowers. If you use the coupon that is offered on the website, be prepared that you will receive poorer quality arrangement. The call center will act like they did you a huge favor already. If you complain enough, they’ll offer you an additional $20.00 refund. I paid $167 for something that looked like it was worth $50. If you want a chance at a better remedy, make sure to take a photo of the arrangement at your loved one’s funeral (are they serious with this?).

Scott Salem, OR

I placed an order for a beautiful flower bouquet with lilies and roses to name a few flowers. I paid extra for a red vase to go with the red roses. This was a gift for my mom on her birthday. The price on the standard price was $45.99. The first thing that happened was they charged me $75... not $45.99. I let that slide because I thought to myself that maybe I missed something. Then, they call me on my mom's birthday and told me they couldn't deliver on that Saturday that the next available slot would be the following Monday. I gave them the benefit of the doubt again due to the fact that there was some rain and flooding in the area my mom lives in at the time. However, what i cannot let go is the fact that there were supposed to be red roses in the bouquet as advertised. I paid extra for a red vase due to the red roses that were supposed to be in there. Not only were there no red roses (the most expensive flower in the bouquet) but there was also no red vase. This makes me believe that the whole thing was a scam from the beginning. I don't believe I should have been charged $75. I believe they lied to me when they said they could deliver on that Saturday since obviously they didn't deliver on Saturday. I paid extra for a red vase that was not included. They completely left out the main and most expensive flower. This is blatant false advertisement which is also illegal. I will never again use Avas Flowers. Not only will I never recommend them to anyone I will go out of my way to explain to everyone how much they scam their customers. I will post a collage that I created so everyone can see how miserable the bouquet looks compared to what it was supposed to look like. Filled with FILLER!

Linda Pennell Spring, TX

We ordered a $225 floral spray for a friend's mother's funeral. It was to have been an expression of our deep affection for the deceased, her family, and her son, our friend. What arrived would have cost no more than $50-75 from a reputable florist and was not at all what had been promised. The tacky, skimpily completed heart with a large cut out in the center and a cheap ribbon was an embarrassment. When the person who placed the order tried to get an answer from Avas, she was put on hold and no one ever came back on the line. This went on for two hours. She has filed a dispute with her credit card company to try and resolve this shoddy business. Beware this company!

Jessica Atlanta, GA

This company is definitely one of the worst companies I have ever chosen to work with. This past weekend, I attempted to use Ava’s Flowers to deliver flowers for my Uncle’s funeral. (Flowers from my parents (Brother of the deceased) so they would not have to deal with the added stress of ordering flowers on top of everything else.) However the company ended up stealing my money and calling me 45 minutes before the funeral to tell me there was no way for the company to deliver the flowers. From the beginning, I placed this order by calling the customer support line because I wanted to verify with 100% certainty that these flowers would be delivered on time for the funeral. I asked the representative five times to please verify that this order would be filled and delivered on time. Each time the representative assured me each time that the flowers would be delivered and that I did not need to worry. So I went through with placing the order over the phone. On the day of my uncles funeral, 45 minutes before the funeral, I receive a call from Avas telling me that no flowers would be delivered due to an emergency at the flower show. I ask the representative for details about the emergency and she states that all she can tell me is that Avas was notified of an emergency the previous day (afternoon) and that the flower shop is closed today so they are not able to get any additional details. So not only is the flower show that is supposed to be delivering my flowers closed on the date of delivery but Avas was notified 24 hours prior to notifying me that an emergency occurred and no flowers would be delivered. The funny thing is that Avas was notified that this flower shop would be closed before I called and asked them to verify that this order would be delivered. So not only did they know the flowers wouldn’t be delivered, they lied to me, they stole my money knowing no order could be made or delivered, and told me not to worry about it. So, no flowers were delivered for the funeral. Additionally, when I asked the representative what the options were, the representative told me that they could deliver a vase arrangement to the family a week later. (A vase arrangement that did not cost anything close to my original purchase cost.) When I declined this offer, the representative stated that she could give me 50% off another order. Again, I declined. I ended up getting a refund for this order and telling the representative I had to go because now really wasn’t the best time to be dealing with this. I am beyond livid that this situation occurred and I will honestly never use this company again.

Kimberly Williams Round Rock, TX

This is the most unprofessional flower company in the history of my being a consumer! I placed an order for my 80 year old mother in law's birthday on August 23rd...Two days later, the flower arrangement had still not been delivered! I made several calls to Avas, to no avail. They were either closed or unavailable. I resorted to sending an email inquiring about the order's status. Not one time did Avas contact me to explain what was going on. Finally, on Saturday, August 25th, after 3 more attempts, I reached someone. While Karen was cordial and worked diligently to assist me, it was obvious that the business's practices are substandard: 1) They used a florist 40 miles from recipient's address, although at least 2 florist were in the same zip code. 2) They were not able to contact the florist they used. Ksren admitted she had called them twice with no answer. 3) They offered to provide me a "partial" refund when I decidedly told them to cancel order. 4) The call room where their customer service is located is ill-equipped, as the extraneous background sound made it hard to hear representative. Moral of the story: In the future, use a local florist. Many sub-par, fly-by-night agencies exist, but not all are reputable, nor employ sound business practices to both prevent and resolve issues with orders. Never use Avas and please share this review to help others!

Daniel Spain Bisbee, AZ

My friend who was in FL my birthday was gonna suprise me with flowers. They called his awhile after saying this is because there is no Avas florist here. Huge lie. They said the are sending it to a nearby florist.....NOT! They came directly to me via UPS and were in Tucson all my birthday. They were wilted beyond belief. The pink rose was already part brown. The next day on of the sturdy flowers bent and broke. After 1 day a few perked up but the leaves are dieing. Shipping flowers from NYC then storing them in a UPS warehouse in a town that was 108 on that day seriously! They wrote me demanding pics probablly thinking I had none......wrong! Sent them the picture the next day they said they will ship another arrangement by UPS. I said really? I sent them the avas link to the local florist. They have yet to contact my friend(the buyer). Very rude CS. I said they were aweful and the guy that contacted me by email said prove it with pictures. I did and another lady said they will replace them but I have ) confidence after reading some complaints. I posted a complaint with pictures on Yelp. They have an F rating with BBB, who also got a complaint.

Alex Clovis, NM

WHY did I not check Yelp first?! DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM AVA'S Y'ALL, OK? You've been warned. I placed my order first thing in the morning for same day delivery. They texted me a few hours later saying they could not fulfill my order the same day. I called them and some guy (who did not speak English well at all btw) told me: a) the flowers I ordered on the site were not available, and b) could not be delivered until the following day. I asked for my order to be cancelled and refunded so I could order through an alternative florist that had the type of arrangement I paid $70 for. He said I would be charged an $18 service fee. Ok, FOR WHAT SERVICE???? They provided me NO service. He kept repeating this was their policy until I asked exactly where this policy was communicated to customers and he said "honestly I don't know." Well there you have it. I asked to speak to a manager. He refused let me speak to one. I asked him his name and he pretended the he couldn't hear me and then hung up. Because I was refused a full refund, they ended up sending a sad bunch of roses that looked that like they could've been bought at a grocery store for $15 the next day. I was honestly so embarrassed that they were even delivered. NEVER AGAIN.

Thomas Davis Frederick, MD

I’m really pissed off about this!!!! The absolute worst customer service ever! I went to Ava Flower’s website to order flowers to be delivered to my wife’s work for our 19th wedding anniversary. From the site, I picked out an arrangement of a dozen fresh cut roses to be delivered the next day, which was our anniversary. I went through all the prompts, but the site wouldn’t take the zip code. I didn’t understand why and after several attempts, I called customer service and the young lady I talked to ask me for a code at the bottom of the screen. I had to look hard for it because it was very small but I eventually found it. She began to go through my order and then added that if I want to have the flowers delivered at a certain time, it will be an expedited charge of $10. I said ok but then she told me that the arrangement I picked out was not available today and started to describe a substitute. First, I mentioned to her that the site said fresh cut roses next day. I don’t need them today. I need them for tomorrow. She continued on without acknowledging what I said and proceeded to substitute me with an arrangement that was twice the cost of what I originally picked out. I told her never mind, just cancel my order. I said thank you and I hung up. Two minutes late, my cell phone rings. I check the number but I didn’t recognize it, so I ignored it. The same number calls me again, I answer it and it’s the same attendant from Ava Flowers I first talked to. She went on to say “we can get you this nice banquet of a dozen roses. It will look really pretty, and this is the amount you will pay. That price was still higher that what I picked out but I went with it. The young lady went through the details of my order and I originally asked for the flowers to be delivered to my wife’s work between 12-1pm before she leaves. The young lady said, “Oh, we can do it for you as early as 10am.” I said “really, that’s even better! Can you please do that?” She says yes and continues to finish the order. She gets the description for the card, my email address for a confirmation, my credit card number, and she completes the order. She then tells me that I will get an email confirmation in the next few minutes. I said thank you and ended the call. A few minutes later, I received an email confirmation and it said deliver before 7pm. I immediately called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I voiced my concern to the supervisor and told him what I had ordered. He puts me on hold because he said he had to speak to his designers and comes back to say the price I paid for my arrangement didn’t include an expedited fee of $15. Wait just a minute sir. The lady attendant said the expedited charge was $10. I got off the phone with her less than 10 minutes ago, now it’s $15?!?! I said “no sir. She called me twice to get me to purchase flowers from you and the price that she quoted me the second time was higher than what I originally picked out and I thought that price included the expedited charge.” The supervisor said it did not. I said “that’s ok. Just refund me my money and I’ll go somewhere else.” He said to hold for a minute sir and let me speak to my designer. He comes back and says that we won’t charge you an expedited fee but is it ok if we can deliver to your wife around 12pm? I said that is fine. She will still be at work. We ended the call. Today is our anniversary day and my wife calls me a little before 12pm to let me know that she got the flowers, to tell me thank you, and gave me the rundown about how she got them at work with all the nice comments. I said that’s great, I love you, and see you at home tonight. When I got home that evening, I walked into the kitchen and saw that arrangement on the table and I was shocked! I asked my wife “where are the rest of the roses?” She said “that’s what I got.” To my displeasure, they only sent her a half dozen roses!!!!!!!!! I am still really pissed and embarrassed over this!!! 19 years and my wife gets is a half dozen roses!! I never send my wife a half dozen roses on our anniversary!! They are not what I asked for. They are not what I paid for. Someone messed up. So the next day, I called and talk to attendant. I asked to speak to a supervisor but one wasn’t available, so I explained what happened with my order. This lady was very cold and dismissive and acted as if I was the one that did something wrong. So I asked for a refund. The lady attendant said we can’t do that. We can send out the rest of the roses to you tomorrow or have someone pick up the arrangement that you have at no cost to you. I told her yesterday was mine and my wife’s anniversary. Not today or tomorrow. After arguing on the phone with her for a few minutes, I said to her that since I got half of the arrangement, just refund me half of what I paid. She said we shouldn’t have to refund you for the delivery service because you got that service. But according to your supervisor, I don’t pay an expedited charge. I just wanted half of what I was charge. She then said I can refund you for half of the bouquet (but she said earlier that she couldn’t do a refund) but the refunded amount wasn’t half of what I paid. I said to her this is not half. She argued and said we don’t refund services. I’ll give you half for the bouquet, that’s all sir, ok. Have a great day and hung up the phone. I read their policy and it states “Refunds or credits given for orders that have already been delivered or have had an attempted delivery will only be for the partial or full cost of the arrangement(s), less any service, handling, or restocking fees.” Your policy shouldn’t overshadow customer service!!! This company is horrible!! I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to anyone!!

Carolyn Placentia, CA

Dear Sir/Madam: I wanted to express my concerns with the quality of your product (attached to this email) and customer service, and especially your agents, Paloma and Chris (Supervisor). I chose your site to place an order for my deceased aunt. I trusted the reviews and believed that I would receive quality service, but this was furthest from the truth. I specifically ordered the deluxe pastel color flower standing basket because it was my aunt's favorite; instead a pink and white basket with fewer flowers according to the deluxe package was delivered. Therefore, I called your customer service number and immediately was greeted with unpleasant attitude (review your recorded line if available). I was told they can select whatever flowers they wanted and that your design center was closed for today and wouldn't be open until 9 am tomorrow. I requested to speak to a manager and was told no one was available. I'm sure this is not your professional standard when dealing with customers. I am so hurt by the display of lack of concern when it comes to my loved one. Please see attached the arrangement that was delivered to my aunt's services. I was unable to attend her services, but wanted to send something special for her home going celebration. I requested a new arrangement as ordered and was told that I am not entitled, but according to your satisfaction policy it states: SATISFACTION COMMITMENT AND RETURN POLICY In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your product(s), please notify us within 24 hours of delivery and you may return the arrangement for a refund, request an exchange of products, or receive store credit. To receive a refund, non-perishable products may be returned unused and in its original state within 7 days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the item, less any service fees. Hand-delivered floral product or perishable goods may be returned in its original state within 24 hours of delivery and may be subject to a 50% restocking fee of the cost of the product. To receive an exchange of goods, notify us within 24 hours of the issue with the delivered arrangement and we will pick up and re-deliver another product(s) of equal or greater value at no additional cost to you. We will need to be provided the opportunity to pick up the product(s) you are dissatisfied with prior to processing a redelivery. If you have a complaint about a delivered product but do not want or cannot provide an opportunity for us to pick up the original delivered arrangement, we will provide you with a courtesy store credit for future use. Refunds or credits given for orders that have already been delivered or have had an attempted delivery will only be for the partial or full cost of the arrangement(s), less any service, handling, or restocking fees.

Tom Blackerby Orlando, FL

Absolutely the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Ordered premium flowers for a funeral service. Plant arrived was small -approx $7.00 equivalent from the local grocery store. After multiple calls to Ava’s, and speaking with customer service people who did not seem capable of writing down names & addresses, we were promised new flowers would be sent to a friend’s address. Promised for Monday, then I called them on Tuesday. Was told it was delivered. Friend said there was no delivery. Called Ava’s back. They couldn’t tell me the address flowers were supposedly delivered. I now believe this is a scam company. Regular companies couldn’t be this incompetent or dishonest. I’ve learned to do better research in future.

Melinda Dlouhy Lee's Summit, MO

I ordered a medium plant and paid almost $70. It was sitting next to another plant at my cousins funeral and it looked pathetic so very small. Not worth the money at all, very embarrassing. Your policy says you can return it for a refund but how are you supposed to do that when it’s a funeral ?

Brianah Carter Charlotte, NC

Ordered flowers for Mother's Day. A dozen sunflowers. The first bouquet arrived dead and rotted. The second replacement bouquet was also dead and THEY WEREN'T EVEN SUNFLOWERS. Dead daises. It took upwards of 45 minutes to get anyone on the phone at Customer Service because the first time I called I was put on hold for 15+ mins and hung up. After calling a second time, I finally got someone on the phone who offered a measly 10% discount. Mind you, I still did not have ANY flowers yet I am denied a refund. After a good amount of back and forth I was told I would receive a refund. This was after I asked the man on the phone to confirm that if a replacement bouquet was sent, it would be what I ordered and alive upon arrival. He could not. I still have not received my refund. Horrible company and I could not find anywhere to leave a google review. Word of advice: read their Yelp. This company sucks.

Moira Melvin Lutz, FL

I ordered a $70 bouquet for my cousin. When she sent me a picture of what she received which was not what I had ordered. I immediately tried to contact customer service and got no where. They were horrible. I further learned that they outsourced my order to a different florist which I was unaware of when I placed my order online. They are extremely overpriced and the made no sincere effort to resolve my dispute with them. They offered a $6 credit, which is laughable. I will not do business with them again. Total rip off. I have contacted my credit card company and am vigorously disputing the charge.

jen Ashland, MO

Looked at other BAD reviews. Mine was the same. Not just a messed up order but I believe fraud was involved. I ordered a vase, dozen roses, teddy bear and a balloon. All overcharged items but was for a special occasion. My 92 year old Mom was in the hospital with heart failure and this would be her last order of flowers so I wanted it to be nice. Purchased choices and when I went to check out the company added an $18 charge for handling which I didn't see listed anywhere, and I don't like these kind of surprises, and I don't believe it is ethical. So I called the Co and they said they would waive the charge if I ordered through them on the phone. Which was a total lie as when I checked the order later they had deleted custom items I ordered to keep the price of $100, which as what I was quoted. Some mistakes made, not a big deal but altogether was a nightmare. I ordered a red vase which was shown, which was my Mom's favorite color, chose a white teddy bear and a get well balloon with a note. Received a clear cheap looking plastic vase, roses a little wilted, the teddy bear was brown and not the white as I ordered and there was NO balloon that I paid for. And lasted they addressed to card to Alan instead of Mary Ellen which was my Mom's name. I was in the hospital with her for five days, so called Avas Flowers as soon as I got home. Before calling them I checked the order, which I should have done before. The balloon was not shown on the order. I'm assuming this was done to keep $8 for their profit. They charged for an extra ribbon I didn't order? and lastly the $18 charge which was supposed to be waived was added into the total. I WAS FURIOUS. You won't believe this but I was on the phone for only 5 minutes. They didn't want to talk to me, was rude, said it was past the time for a complaint and his supervisor would say the same, when I requested to talk to him. With all the mistakes above, being an ethical person, I would have paid $50 which was the discounted price for the rose alone. I told them I was going to dispute the charge, they said they didn't care, so that's what I've done. Very unprofessional experience, poor quality product, poor customer service and fraudulent charges added to order. There are plenty of other flower companies to buy from online. Sad and disappointed. :(

C b

Can’t give a 0 which is what they should have. My daughter ordered flowers for my retirement to be delivered Monday. Well no flowers. They promised delivery Tuesday no flowers She called Tuesday afternoon told would be there between 3-5 p. No flowers. She called again. Told they would be there Wednesday she told them cancel the order Wednesday is too late and ruined the surprise of them being there for retirement party and/ or the last day of work. She was told she could not cancel. She asked for a manager who told her they did not gaurentee a delivery date did not give refunds. She asked to speak to someone higher did not happen. They did finally say they would refund and when she asked for the persons name he would not give it she asked for owner name told could not give it asked for florist name they were using told they could not give it confidential on everything. The man then said I do not know why you are upset you got your money back..... very poor service and no coustomer service for what is listed as a family owned business of 40 years. much less there was never any apology for the non delivery or the they spoiled the family celebration. You should have seen the grandkids faces when they found out flowers were not here. They love giving flowers to people. So don’t use them even if you think it will save some money. Go to your local flower shops

Paula Orwick Bella Vista, AR

Horrible customer service. I ordered funeral flowers and I spelled the name 3 times and they still got it wrong. I called to get it changed and for $10.00 they would not change it after the arrangement had been delivered. That was their mess up not mine ...I will not use them or even refer them again ...I spent $75.00 and they wanted more for their mistake...I talked with a manager and he was no manager more like a robot saying the same thing. This company only thinks of money and not satisfying the customer. If it were your funeral would you like your name spelled wrong think about it

Jennifer Tharp Omaha, NE

I ordered a hydrangea plant to be delivered to my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I requested delivery for the day before. Not only did they NOT arrive on the day they were supposed to, but they also did not arrive the next day or the day after that. I contacted them each day and was given the runaround. On day three, I was told that they had contacted the designer and had to allow 24 hours for a response from the designer before they could issue a refund. I did not hear back from them after 24 hours, so I called them AGAIN and was told that they would issue a "store credit" for the refund. I told them I would NEVER do business with them again and demanded a refund to my card. This is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life!

Rebeca Barnes

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! This company is not local, and they are a fraud. I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hospital. I got a text and email confirmation saying they were delivered. They were not, but they did charge my credit card. Customer "service" was rude and awful. Absolutely non-responding. After more than five different calls they kept repeating they had to check what happened with the florist, but were unable to reach him. Three callback promises unfulfilled, I am having my credit card company seek refund. I never write reviews but these people are scam artists. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!

SL Willacoochee, GA

Gosh where can I start! All I can say is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, I repeat DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I called to cancel my order and was told that yes they would but still charge me $20 for service fee and etc. Representative said that's why you agree to the terms and conditions, but i read the terms and conditions and it says that if you call within 24 hours to cancel your order that you would get a FULL REFUND! And when I called I argued with they guy and eventually he said okay okay we will give you a full refund and not charge you for service fee. The next day I called again and spoke with a different representative and she said that it showed I was still going to be charged the $20 and when I asked, "So pretty much what you're saying is that the guy I spoke with yesterday lied to me so I would hang up??" And she replied, yes he did! Made me mad cursed her out and hung up! Don't ever buy from this company. They have hidden fees that are ridiculously high and are not worth the flowers! Stay as far away as you can from them!!!