Avas Flowers Logo
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.1

Francia Boscan Dallas, TX

I feel cheated by AVAS FLOWERS and I expose my experience to warn those who plan to use their services know what they risk. I paid an arrangement to be delivered to the doors of my apartment, there was even an additional charge of $ 18 for the "handling of flowers", it was a surprise that I wanted to receive the day and time indicated. The hours passed and the bouquet did not arrive, I followed up on the internet and the arrangement appeared delivered, I called the call center and they called the driver who never answered the call so I did not know where the flowers were. The next day I call the call center again to ask for my refund because I never received the flowers and they said they would NOT give me my money back because the flowers had been delivered to a girl in the leasing office !!! I paid to have them delivered to my hands to avoid this situation because the office staff is NOT required to make deliveries at the door of my apartment. The staff of AVAS FLOWER never tried to make the delivery personally, they never called me to access the apartment even when they had my phone, the driver also did not answer the call when the call center contacted them, at least I would have known that the flowers They had left in the office and would have gone for them. Today, four days after the supposed delivery, I finally have the withered and ugly arrangement !!! The girl who received the flowers tells me that an elderly person went directly to the leasing office and delivered the flowers there saying they would be picked up by their owner !!! I feel stolen, scammed, and I hope that whoever reads this thinks twice before throwing money in the trash with AVAS FLOWERS, a company with false delivery policies and customer satisfaction.

Yorkie Gal Vallejo, CA

On 11/08/19, I ordered flowers via the website. I requested delivery to the funeral home on 11/10/19. I received a confirmation stating the delivery would take place 11/10/19 or 11/11/19, I could work with that , considering the short notice. On 11/10/19 I checked the website to see if the flowers had be delivered, nothing indicated delivery. I called the 800 number and was unable confirm delivery. I was transferred and was prompted by this automated voice to provide my number and someone would call me back. I received a call back and the line disconnected. I called 11/11/19 and spoke with a customer service rep. It appeared to be an off-shore location. He explained the delivery did not take place because they could not find the flowers needed to complete the arrangement. I never heard of such. I asked why wasn't I notified, he could not explain. I told him the arrangement was for a loved one whose burial was at 10: 00 am est 11/11/19 and it was too late to send flowers. He asked me if I had an address of a family member where they could send to today or tomorrow. Why I would I send a funeral arrangement to the family after the service?..are u kidding me. I got a refund. This is the worst I have ever seen. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY, THEY WILL DISAPPOINT YOU!!!

Steve Chicago, IL

The anniversary of my uncle's passing was coming up and I wanted to order flowers for my aunt to be delivered on the anniversary "day" of his passing as I knew my aunt would be sad & I just wanted to brighten up her day just a little. So this was very important to me and had ordered the flowers a week prior. The day the flowers were to be delivered, Avas Flowers had called me to say that the flowers couldn't be delivered until the next day. I told them this was unacceptable and explained the importance of the flowers being delivered on THIS particular date. The gentleman "laughed" and I was irate!! Let me remind you that their website also says "same day delivery." So I said "why not put me in as a same day delivery?" He said they couldn't, and, without an explanation, told me to "take it or leave it." I also made a written complaint with the actual company and they NEVER responded. I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again!!

JanK

I try to support local florists whenever I can but sometimes smaller towns don't have local florists. I found Ava's Flowers online, spoke to a man who was obviously in a call center/noisy environment and that should have tipped me off. I ended up on a 17 min call. We discussed the price range I wanted, the type of arrangement & message, and address etc. Then the total was $30 higher than what we discussed. He said there was no delivery fee that it was all taxes. I said NO. He offered me his employee discount of another $4. I said NO and told him, it was a rip off. Now I look at reviews for them, I'm not alone. I'm glad I hung up because I'm convinced the flowers would certainly NOT have arrived today if at all! DO NOT USE THEM! Don't believe the home page banner of satisfied customers.

Christy Rich Bloomington, IL

I ordered flowers from https://www.avasflowers.net/ on Friday, October 25, 2019 for a delivery date of October 26, 2019 for a visitation/funeral. The visitation was October 27, 2019 and I noticed there were no flowers. At the funeral on October 28, 2019 there were still no flowers. When I returned to work on Tuesday the 29th (today), I see that there is tracking from UPS saying that the delivery will be there by 4:30 p.m. today. After the event is of no use. I called to see if the order could instead be re-routed to a home address. They said they couldn't since the item was already on the truck but they would offer me 20% off of my next purchase. I said "no, i'd like to get a refund" he told me that he could not do that since the flowers were already in route for delivery. I told him that the funeral home was closed and would not be able to accept the order so i demand a refund. He then offered me a $20 refund on a $110.00 order. I did not accept then he offered me half of a refund. I told him I expected a full refund. He put me on hold for a while to speak with a supervisor. Once he came back on the phone I was offered no refund and !0% of my next order. I hung up on him and received a call back about 45 minutes later stating that they could offer me a full refund but not the $15.50 service charge. I asked why I am being charged a service charge when I'm clearly not receiving any service. I have all confirmations of when the order was placed and set to be delivered and have the tracking showing today delivery. Soooo, now I will be disputing all charges once my credit card statement arrives.

Rachel Barfield Pittsburgh, PA

Ordered flowers at noon. For my daughter's birthday. I was assured they would be delivered on time. I was asked for my phone number and email address so that they could reach me in there was any problem. They charged my account and never delivered the flowers, nor did they contact me regarding any problem with the order. I didn't find out they had not been delivered until I asked my daughter late last night. No one contacted me. After 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, they offered to send the flowers and provide me with store credit. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told I would be contacted on a short period of time. Five hours passed, had to go through the whole story and was told that my money had been refunded and the flowers would not be delivered and that I would receive no store credit. I had the call reviewed and the supervisor told me that I had refused the delivery and the store credit. This was a lie. Don't waste your time and money on this company.

Kelly Enumclaw, WA

I ordered an Autumn Fall Deluxe Bouquet for my mother (approximately $75) - it said it would be similar to the advertised picture; yellow, red and orange flowers - fall colors. I contacted Avas on Friday (48 hours after delivery) as I happened to stop by my mother's and see the flowers. They were SO UGLY! They were alive and healthy, but white and pink. I contacted Ava's via email and phone - all the representatives I spoke with admitted that they had sent the wrong flowers (I spoke with 2 people on the phone and 1 via email). They said they were sorry the wrong flowers were sent, but that there was nothing they could do as they have a 24 hour quality refund policy. I explained to them it was not a quality issue, as the flowers were alive and thriving, but that it was the complete wrong order they sent. They admitted, over and over, the fault was there's. The only resolution that was offered was a 10% refund - for THEIR mistake! They sent the wrong item! I spent $75 (a lot for me) and they, admittedly, screwed up my order and will not make it right.

Rebecca Fraley

WOW... really wished I had researched this company before ordering. Looks like they have a "bait and switch" scam that's been going on for awhile and yet, they are still allowed to do business. They picture all these beautiful arrangements, you order, they can't get you WHAT you ordered or deliver it when they say. Instead, they send a lot of roses instead that resemble the $10 per dozen at stands on the roadside!! Then when you complain, they say they upgraded to roses (even if you did NOT want them). They do nothing to correct or make the situation better for the customer but they must still make a killing from those "uninformed" new customers because they don't seem to get much repeat business! Biggest scammers I've ever dealt with and they SHAMELESSLY don't care how much they screw up your special moments in life!

Beth C Winston-Salem, NC

Very deceitful. I wanted to support local businesses in the area and specifically asked if they were located in that city and salesman gave so suave answer to make me think they were. I did not want to pay a service fee. When he asked what I wanted to say on the birthday card, I thought he was referring to the card that comes with all flowers for you to give a message. When he talked about how my flowers would have a lovely bow, I thought he was talking about ribbon that most florists attach to vase. No, he was upselling me and charging me and I had no idea these items were extra. You get charged a $19 service fee, basically bc they take your order, which any florist can do without the service fee. When I went to cancel, they said they would still charge the service fee. I originally asked for it to be delivered 2 days from ordering and salesman made it for the next day, which according to their policy, does not allow you to cancel. My entire dealings with this company unpleasant and they are very deceptive.

Karen Cementon, PA

I ordered a floral dish garden for my son’s girlfriend & received something completely different. When I called to complain, they told me that what I got was beautiful ( not what I ordered), & the best they could do for me was credit me $10 . I paid $76 for the garden and was very disgusted !! I told them if they offered to send a new arrangement, I would have been happy, but was refused!! The customer service lady Marla was sent a picture of the arrangement by me & claimed that the only difference was that it was a white basket instead of brown. I told her that none of the plants were the same & I asked for purple flowers and there were red!!! She offered me $15 discount off my next order as if I would ever order from them again!!! I wish I would have read the reviews before I ordered!!! They’re not even worth 1 Star

Kimberly Aberdeen, WA

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday on 10/1 to be delivered by 10/2, her birthday is on 10/3. The order did not get delivered 10/2 because they didn’t have the arrangement. Rather than call, I received an email that went to my junk mail. I called them on 10/3 at 8 am and stated that it had to be delivered that day by noon, otherwise my mom was going to be gone. I was told that they could definitely do that but it’s an extra $7, fine I pay the money. It was not delivered on time and my mom did not get the flowers on her birthday. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with customer service trying to reconcile the fact that I paid for a service that was not delivered in a timely fashion. Nothing. I ended up paying $80 for flowers that were not delivered on time but they think that’s okay because she got them the following day. This company gives no control to their customer service reps and blames everything on their contract delivery service, which will get you nowhere. Stay away. Horrible customer service.

Randy Lake Orion, MI

My aunt passed away, so I ordered sympathy flower arrangement from Avas for my Uncle and family on Thursday. When I got to services on Saturday there were no flowers. I was very disappointed. I looked online on Sunday and Avas showed my order but could not confirm delivery. I had to call them and find out that they did try to reach me by phone on Friday, but did not leave a message – at the time I was driving 8 hours to a funeral service. They said that because they could not complete the order on time that they just did nothing. No shipment the next day, no Apology just blew the whole order off like it was nothing to them. Avas said they could refund $40 of the $150 order and delivery would be on Tuesday of the next week. I cancelled the entire order due to the unprofessional behavior and what I think is extremely insensitive regarding a funeral of a family member.

GH Plano, TX

AVAS FLOWERS RENIGGED ON SENDING NEW ARRANGEMENT!!!! They just wanted me not to write more reviews!!! CHECK BBB RATING OF F!!!! Same complaints! This place is sketchy!!!! I’ve spent hours of my time trying to work with your company to resolve this issue—Forgive me, but I’m about done now. I ordered an As Pictured arrangement of pastel colors—PASTEL Grace and Wonder arrangement, description of as pictured says three lilies, 3 roses, monte casino filler, and a raffia bow. I received DARK MAROON carnations and 3 roses that looked a little worse for the wear in a dark bunch of greenery. 78.00 most expensive WalMart carnation arrangement EVER! The rangement was dark and dreary when it was supposed to be bright and cheerful. IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BOW! No lilies, no bright cheerful colors! I’ve sent you pictures. 2 of your people agreed that it looked NOTHING like it should and one of your people was absolutely HORRID!! Yesterday someone called me and said they’re going to send another arrangement… That never happened and when I called to see why they said oh no they’re not going to send an arrangement the guy that called me shouldn’t have called me! Give me a break! I’ve now made it my life‘s mission to make sure that everyone knows how DISHONEST this place is!!! People work hard and should not pay top dollar for gas station arrangements and pathetic customer service!

Frank Vaughn Malquist Meridian, ID

I ordered flowers to send to my Sister in Law who had been injured in a car accident and was in a hospital in Wyoming. I placed the order on 9-12-19 and missed the cutoff time for same day delivery by 5 minutes. The order said it would be delivered either that day or the next day. The next day I had a phone call from an unfamiliar number which I did not answer, no message was left. I received a call on 9-14-19 where I was told they could not deliver until 9-17. I told them to go ahead and after hanging up I changed my mind and tried to call them. I was told to go to their website. I had been there before and it was of no value. I tried again and went to the cancel link and was told to call them because it couldn't perform the function. I called them again and finally got a customer (no) service representative who told me he couldn't authorize the refund because UPS had the order (why couldn't they deliver for 5 days?). He tried to talk to a supervisor who was occupied and said the supervisor would call me later that day or the next day about authorizing a refund. I located a local florist who delivered the flowers within 4 hours. I should have gone there the first day instead of waiting two days.

Patsy J Garcia Albuquerque, NM

My daughter was in the hospital and I didn't know what time she would be released. I asked whoever took my order at Ava's to call me prior to delivery to ensure she was home. I ordered the Everlasting Soothing Lavender and expected a call. No call. I called Ava's and they told me there had been a delay and the arrangement would be there by 7:00 pm. When I called customer service they said delivery was attempted at 5:10 pm. My daughter has a doorbell camera and there was no attempt at 5:10. About 8:00 pm my daughter answered the door for a visitor and found the arrangement next to the door...no call, no notification! Ava's just left it!! Her camera showed a 6:46 pm drop-off. The arrangement was not even close to the one I ordered. A day or two later my daughter said the roses were wilting. I contacted Ava's on-line to complain. Their response was a store credit for $15...worthless to me because I will never again use this florist.

Susan Winston-Salem, NC

Extremely disappointed in the arrangement sent to my sister for her birthday. I did receive a call explaining that it would be a “designers choice,” using flowers that were available that might be different than what I ordered. However what was sent was no where near as nice as what was depicted in the photo online, and much smaller considering I purchased the $77 luxury size, the largest of 4 sizes offered. After calling customer service, I was given a meager 10% refund. I was also called and told that they would arrive a day late because the local store was jammed with a large order for a funeral. I wouldn’t have minded if the arrangement hadn’t been so pathetic.

Bree Cleveland, OH

I ordered flowers for my fiancé online at 4pm on a Friday. It wasn’t until I submitted the order and AFTER the purchase was complete that I was informed the cut off time for “same day delivery” was 2pm. I looked everywhere for a customer service phone number and all I found was a number that led me to an automated messages telling me to use their website for all customer service needs. I used my order number to try to cancel my order and I repeatedly showed an “error” message, informing me that my order could not be found. I looked up the customer service email and immediately emailed asking for a phone call ASAP to speak with someone in regards to my order. That email was not responded to but I received another email providing a phone number asking me to call about my order. When I called the number, I was informed that a representative CALLED MY FIANCE’S PLACE OF WORK to confirm that she would be working the next business day. They never reached out to me or called me PRIOR to looking up and contacting Emilee’s work. I only provided the name of the business for delivery purposes. The ONLY phone number I provided was my cell phone number. The cashiers were confused upon answering the phone and told Emilee about the “strange” phone call. Irritated with my service, I asked the order be cancelled and the representative told me I could only be reimbursed for half the amount I paid because they can’t refund the “delivery” fee. I demanded the address be changed because I didn’t want the flowers to be delivered on Saturday after she left work. Like most cases, the flower delivery was to be a surprise—to cheer up my fiancé because of her really bad day at work. If i had known before placing the order that they wouldn’t be delivered same day like the website advertised, I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT $50 ON THE FLOWERS. Even if they had called me and spoken with me, I would have had them delivered at home and surprised her on Saturday—however, they ruined ALL of that by calling her work without my permission. They literally had to look up the phone number to call her work because I did not provide it as an appropriate number to contact about the order. When I called Saturday morning to complain, I immediately asked for a manager and the representative ignored my request multiple times. When I finally got to speak with a manager, he just kept repeating that “sorry to hear that ma’am, the flowers are due to be delivered today, is there anything else I can do for you?” Not even listening to me. He offered me a $15 store credit voucher—not like I’ll be using that or EVER using Avas Flowers again.

Shauna Bothell, WA

Found Ava's flowers online when I searched for a florist in the small town where my Mom had surgery. Little did I know they were some sort of third party. I thought something was fishy when I ordered a $60 arrangement and that ended up being just over $100! When I asked them how that happened they itemized a card, ribbon and some sort of service fee. (Although it said free delivery.) I should have stopped right there but my Mom was in the hospital for the night and I wanted her to have flowers. Later in the day I get this cryptic email saying that they need to confirm some details on my order and to please call them. (They had my phone number I had no idea why they didn't just call me right away!) Turns out they "couldn't find a florist in the area to complete the order" (I now wonder if florists just won't work with them.) Did I want to have flowers delivered to her house instead? No, I stated, I really wanted them delivered to the hospital so please just cancel my order. I had to tell the rep at least 3 times that I wanted my order cancelled and he kept on trying to convince me to just have them delivered later to her house (she lives in an even smaller town so I highly doubt this would have happened either). Finally he relented and said he would cancel the order and send me an email confirmation of the cancellation. No email was received. 3 days later I got a refund for everything except for their $19 service fee! Currently fighting them on that.

jEANNE Nottingham, MD

These people are a rip off. I ordered flowers for a teacher on the morning of her birthday. I called and asked if they could deliver before the end of the school day which is 4:00. I was assured they could. At 3:00 that afternoon I checked their website and found out that the flowers DID NOT get delivered. I then called their customer service and told them to cancel the order. The person I spoke to argued about the cancellation and kept offering a $20.00 store credit. I told her I did not want this to cancel the order. They delivered the flowers the next day to the school. The teacher that the flowers were for was not in school on Friday and did not return until the following Monday. I have tried contacting them about this issue and they do not even have a record of my 2 phone calls with them. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT USE THEM!

Julie Grand Junction, CO

EPIC FAIL. Ordered flowers for a special client celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. They were taking a cruise and I arranged for the flowers to be delivered to the cruise ship before it left. The cruise staff was on the look out and I stressed how important it was that the flowers arrived before 10am. Not only did they not arrive before 10 but Ava's Flowers decided they'd deliver 2 days later and seemed surprised when the ship had left. Very unprofessional and disappointing with no way to correct this monumental mistake. They did refund my money after listening to my original call ordering the flowers.

Disappointed Customer Lewisville, TX

I was very disappointed in the service I received from Ava's Flowers. I was looking for a local florist in Atlanta to send get well flowers to my daughter. The website advertised a $39.99 arrangement and a picture of a bear and 6 get well and smiley face mylar balloons. I requested same day delivery. When given the total it was $99.xx. I questioned it and was told the picture was of a more expensive item. I agreed on a smaller option(bear with 2 smiley face balloons and a get well balloon). It still cost over $60.00. The arrangement was delivered 2 days later with 2 get well balloons and a valentine balloon. The card said "thought you could use a smile". There was no smiley face balloon. Very poor service considering they are in a business that cheer up the sick and comfort the grieving.

Rod Kunia Camp, HI

Horrible Service , these guys do not deserve to be in the business! I ordered a $200 floral arrangement for a funeral service a week before the event and got an email the morning of the service to call Avas. After 15 minutes on hold I was informed without explanation that they would not be able to deliver and that I could reschedule. A couple of days later I called back to have the flowers delivered to family member's home and spent 20 minutes with agent redoing the order. I called back shortly thereafter to confirm order details, only to be told that they could not deliver to that location unless I payed another $100. At this point I told them to forget it and requested a refund. This company clearly has no regard for its' customers and appears to just view angry customers as a cost of doing business. I will never do business with this company again.

Mary Tulsa, OK

I wouldn't even give this company one single star. I ordered flowers within the time window for same day delivery, but was understanding if the flowers couldn't be delivered until the following day. However, while I ordered on Saturday, no flowers were delivered either that day or the next. When I called customer service on Monday, I was informed they would be delivered that day. I said that was unacceptable since the recipient was now 90 miles away and would be gone for the entire upcoming week. I was offered a partial refund. I said I wanted a full refund. The woman then told me that my order specified the flowers to be delivered today, not the 27th or 28th as I had said. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was a supervisor. I hung up, then called back and got another company representative. I told her the story (she had the previous call details in front of her) Again I was offered a partial refund. I then told her I had my order confirmation email in front of me and would be happy to send it to them. She then said I would be getting a full refund. I'm sorry, but they effectively called me a liar, my birthday present ($80 worth of flowers) was not delivered, and it took two irate phone calls to get my money back. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Lisa Smith Waco, TX

Extremely disappointed and embarrassed! I ordered flowers for a friend's birthday and they were supposed to have been delivered yesterday but were not delivered until today. Not only were they late in delivering, but they also did NOT deliver what I ordered. I ordered an arrangement that shows on their website to be vibrant and colorful. Instead, the arrangement that was delivered was dull and the flowers were already wilting. I tried calling only to be put on a continuous looped recording that ended up disconnecting the call. I sent an email and received a response that the flowers fall within their Substitution Policy guidelines. The arrangement that was delivered was a complete embarrassment and I DO NOT recommend this company.

Katie Holland, MI

They did an AWFUL job. Flowers looked nothing like they should have and when I found out how they turned out they would do NOTHING about it! They said I had 24hrs to have it taken care of. Like most people are going to call you and say wow my flowers are ugly....NO...they also don't know what you ordered either! The only reason I found out what they looked like was because my parents went to see her 3 days after she received the plant arrangement. My grandmother was not even excited to say she received anything, thats how bad they looked! Do NOT buy from them....they are ripping people off! They should be ashamed!!!

Eveline G Longmont, CO

I would highly recommend that you look else where for your florist arrangement. I am absolutely disappointed with this company! I ordered a bouquet for my boyfriend's mom to be delivered on his birthday. I have not met her yet and I wanted to make a good impression. On his birthday, she messaged him a photo of the flowers and when he showed me, for a second I thought someone else had sent her flowers. The bouquet was small and puny and had more green leaf foliage then flowers. The picture online showed at least five different varieties of flowers and the bouquet only had three. I paid exactly for "As Shown" so there is not excuse why the bouquet is not what I paid for. This company is full of false promises! I paid $68.94 with service fees and King Soopers could have made a better bouquet for $20! This company is a rip-off and they should be shut down!

Ms. Nancy Columbus, IN

07.2019 HORRIBLE experience. ORDER CANCELLED. A small teddy bear w 3 roses is advertised for $45.00 w free same-day delivery, yet the total price came to $73.00!!!! I said no-way, and was ready to hang-up, but was lured back in when he offered to lower the total price. They promised "same-day delivery," which did not happen. I received an email (never asked for my tele number), shortly after placing my order explaining that they were unable to fulfil my order due to the blooms (3 roses) were unavailable. Therefore, they had transferred my order to another designer. The letter said to discuss this further, call this number, but the number answers "good-bye," and hangs up immediately. ha I called two other numbers listed on their website, to no avail. At 7pm cst, the recording said wait times are over 20 mins. I called the next morning, asking when my flowers would be delivered - "Julius stated "we cannot guarantee delivery." I asked if I could call the florist they transferred my order to, and he said no. I cancelled the order. Avas florist deducted an $18.99 service fee, insisting that they earned this by taking my order and transferring it to another designer. Fortunately, my credit card company took care of this ridiculous service fee. Based on Avas reviews, this must be how they stay in business.

gary kaufman Sea Island, GA

The flowers I ordered were an embarassment. My wife called me a cheapskate as she believed I could not have spent more than $19 for this anniversary bouquet - which cost $79 and was supposed to be (according to the sales rep) extremely impressive. Problem is, it was impressive AS IT WAS TERRIBLE. Customer service repeatedly put me on hold and then disconnected me. I sent them a picture - at their request - only to be told they NEVER received it - THREE TIMES. Finally I spoke to a person and they did not hang up. They admitted they had the picture. They said everything was as it should be. Customer service stinks. The flowers stink. I WOULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS IF THE OPTION EXISTED. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE DISAPPOINTED AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND.

Jo-Lue Bloomer

Another 1 Star review here. Ordered flowers for my sister. She is dying of cancer so this is her last birthday. She phoned to say that a small, cheap, wilted bouquet with broken stems arrived from local flourist in Everett "Olas Flowers". The delivery guy just said "sorry" and left the flowers. I used online customer complaint, then phoned through to customer service agent "Louis". He said he could not issue refund without speaking to his "designer". Promised to phone back but never did. Suspect from reading other reviews on Yelp, BBB , etc. that I will never see my $100 refund. STAY AWAY FROM AVAS !

Patricia Apollo, PA

I ordered a large beautiful bouquet to be sent to Arlington Ntional Cemetery for my 44 wedding anniv. with my deceades husband. They promised to email me a picture of the delivered flowers...I never received the picture and have called several times and emailed them several times to no avail. How do I know that the arrangement I ordered for $93.00 plus were even delivered and that it was the bouquet I ordered? DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLORIST.....A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!!!!! The people I spoke with on the phone were all VERY RUDE...THEY OFFERED ME A $10 REFUND ON AN ORDER THAT WAS OVER $90. AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB AND WILL ALSO PLACE A BAD REVIEW ON ANGIE'S LIST ON MY COMPUTER. NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Jessiekitty Oak Park, IL

The person who took my order misspelled my email so I couldn't look up the status of my order, and I had to change my order. I got a text saying they had [email protected] for my email but it was clearly misspelled. I had to change the kind of order and responded to the text because it was the only way I could ask for the change in time. So I never got a response to my text, didn't get an email to my new address (that I gave them in the text), and when I called today I found out they delivered the wrong thing! I told them it was their fault because they put the wrong email in and didn't get my text message (then why the heck did they contact me by text?) So they offered me a 10 dollar refund--nowhere near what I spent on the original order. When I asked to talk to someone higher up the person said she was the customer service manager and she refused to budge even though it was THEIR FAULT. Now all my money is wasted. My friend will not see the flowers until the flowers are dead.

Georgia Clifton, NJ

Worst experience I have ever had.I sent flowers to girlfriend and I was shocked and disgusted that you could see the stems in the vase. A whole bunch of ugly green and brown stems. The ugly stems completely made the flowers look horrible. Who in the world puts flowers into a clear vase and why do they made clears vases period. Stems are so ugly and hideous looking and totally ruin the over all look. If I knew I was getting a clear vase I never would have ordered.Luckily I managed to fix this problem myself, I had a spare opaque vase so I was able to cover up the monstrous looking stems before I became nauseous.

KimberlyN Park City, UT

Chose this vendor because they said that they delivered same day on their site, and said they worked with local florists. Sounded good. I ordered flowers for my partner (very slow loading site). Received confirmation email, that allowed me to track. Last night, I asked my partner if he received the arrangement. He did not. I checked the status, and it stated that there was an attempt to delivery. BUT-in my order notes for the delivery driver, i stated someone may not be there, and to leave the flowers on the porch. I called this am and asked where the flowers were. I was told that there was an attempt at delivery. Well, I have a home security camera. No one came to our house all day. So, lie #1. They tried to call the local florist, but the florist wasn't opened yet. I was assured that someone from Ava's would get back to me. When I had not heard back by noonET, I called again. The person I spoke with called the florist, and they were told that the flowers would arrive shortly. Still nothing on our home camera, so I called again at 2. I was told the flowers would arrive by 5. Nothing by 5. At this point, I requested a refund of my delivery fee. I was told that they couldn't do that, but could refund me 5%. Fine. He called the florist, and told me that the flowers were en route, and would arrive by 7MT. So, at 6:58, I called. Flowers still not arrived. I was told the florist was now closed, and that they were closing. I asked for the name of the local florist direct, but was told that they weren't allowed to provide this. I asked for a refund, and I was told that they weren't allowed. So, I opened up a dispute with my CC company. I placed the order early yesterday, and a day and a half for same day delivery, with no delivery in site is enough for me. Buyer beware. Oh, yeah, with that 5% discount, I was also given 10% off my next order. That'll never happen.

K. Connor Orlando, FL

I phoned Avas Flowers on May 25 to make a phone order for a funeral bouquet for services on May30 at 10 AM. I was assured that the delivery would by by 9AM on the 30th. I was also told that I would receive an email confirmation. Within the hour I did receive an email billing statement; but it stated that the delivery would be May 30 "before 12 PM". It also stated that the delivery time could not be guaranteed. As there is no practical use for a funeral service arrangement that is delivered after the funeral service, I did as the email invoice stated--I called their customer service number to advise that delivery must be assured before the service and that I wanted something in writing via email or new billing statement that at least reflected the correct time of delivery as 9AM. I was told that Avas could not do that. After considering the situation and what I considered to be the unreasonable position of Avas, I decided to cancel the order.I went on line and followed the directions of their website which was to go to AvasFlowers.net and clicked on the topic "cancel an order'. After inserting the order number and information requested I clicked the submit button and immediately it stated that the cancellation could not be processed and to call their customer service representative. I did just that immediately. I was quite plain that I wanted to cancel the order. The rep was very hard sell and tried to talk me out of cancellation. He ultimately said it would be cancelled, but that I would be charged a cancellation fee of $18(plus change); and that I would be credited the difference of the order ($130.52) minus the "cancellation fee". When I asked that he send me written confirmation by email that they acknowledged the order was timely cancelled and that I would receive a refund credit, he said stated that he would. However, the day went by and no email was received. They seem to have no trouble sending emails advertising their product and billing info favorable to them, but have no capability of sending an email reflecting their oral representations to a customer on the phone. It remains to be seen if I do in fact receive any timely credit. I do agree with the MANY other reviews of this company that their customer service is atrocious. I, unfortunately, was unaware of these reviews before getting involved. Their website states that they are " 5 Star". The website is also designed to imply that they are a local florist in the area where the flowers are needed; but they are not as I later found out through research of the company.

Holly R Livonia, MI

Worst company I have ever worked with ! If I could give them a negative review I would. Ordered a 12 x 14 planter with Perennials for my mother for Mother's Day for her front porch. The flowers came two days late, in a basket with indoor flowers & the card said " In Sympathy " . For the record my mom is alive and well. I called to let them know how off they were with my order and all I got was hung up on. The owner Matt N of New Jersey should be ashamed of himself for running such a despicable company, hiring incompetent people and cheating people out of their hard earned money. I was charged $109.79 for something I never ordered. For the record I looked at their website to see how much the item they sent my mom actually cost and it was $70. Will never do business with this so called company again. BBB of New Jersey will be contacted in the morning.

HappyMan Nederland, CO

Literally one of the worst businesses i have ever worked with. Order flowers for my Mother a week ahead of time. They not only failed to deliver the flowers but didn't even let me know that they weren't delivering until AFTER the delivery date. When I reached out to customer service I spoke with a Customer Service rep after a long hold. The rep was possibly the rudest and most unhelpful person i have ever spoken to! I called back and was promised that a supervisor would call me back...of course as you can expect it was a call that never came. I will NEVER consider purchasing from this HORRIBLE business!!

cherylb135 Reno, NV

The worst, absolute worst ever? Not just flowers but customer service ever! Everything about this company is terrible. They took my money then CANCELED my order AFTER the delivery date! I ordered a plant for my Mother-in-Law for Mother’s Day and received a confirmation e-mail that all was good and they immediately charged my credit card for payment. The Friday night before Mother’s Day, I received an e-mail saying “due to the seasonality and availability of the flowers, the exact arrangement you ordered is unavailable…” and they then changed the delivery date to the Monday AFTER Mother’s Day. The e-mail said to respond to the e-mail or call them. I called but no one answered – what you get is immediately put onto hold listening to their (fake) spiel about how important customers are, then, at exactly 6 minutes, it disconnects you ~ no opportunity to talk to anyone or leave a message. I also sent an e-mail. Saturday morning, no response to my e-mail and I had to call back twice (again being disconnected at 6 minutes) before someone finally answered. He looked up my order and said it wasn’t that the plant was unavailable, it was that their automatic system overbooks the delivery drivers so they just don’t have anyone until Monday to deliver. Now, it’s the day before Mother’s Day and too late to make other arrangements and they’ve already taken my money. They, with their utter incompetence and obvious and complete lack of care for their customers, single-handedly ruined the gift for my Mother-In-Law and, since we live out of State, we had no way or time to make other arrangements. Here’s the best part – on Monday, at 4:28 p.m. I get another e-mail saying they “have reached capacity” and CANCELED MY ORDER THE DAY AFTER MOTHER’S DAY. Also, it will take 10 days to process my refund. What a horrible, terrible company with horrible, terrible customer service. The guy on the phone Saturday tried to blame their “system” but remember – they choose this system and they continue to use it. GREED lets companies operate like this, you’d be wise to spend your money elsewhere ~ somewhere they say they care and actually mean it. Oh – let me also note that on Friday, they offered me $15 store credit, good for one year. Then on Monday, it was only $10. Ridiculous. Like I would ever shop here again, NOT even if it was free.

Kelly Glass Kirkland, WA

Outrageous service!!!! I ordered a beautiful bouquet of baby pink and white roses. My mother was sent hot pink carnations and white and purple daisies. I called to complain and offered me a $15 credit like I’d order from them again! Their own policy states if you don’t like their flowers they will send out a proper bouquet instead. Of course that’s after they take the other flowers back. I told them I wanted them to do that. I read back to them numerous policies from their own site and I was talked over rudely and told no. The women thought she had me on mute while she yelled about me and then hung up. Worst costumer service. Comparably to comcast with how furious I am. My mother was sent bottom of the barrel grocery store flowers when I paid $80 for what I presumed to be roses.

Ward Olympia, WA

Attempted to make an order on line at 10:30 on Saturday. Bait and switch on cost based on what the call a free delivery but included a $20.00 "service" charge which is not disclosed until you are at the end of placing your order. After filling out all the info and enter to continue, the website spun and spun and never completed. Upon calling them and even though I went over the order multiple times, they still got the delivery name and address wrong in the e-Mail confirmation I received. Unfortunately, within an hour, on Saturday, I found out the receiver was I the process of moving and the flowers could not be delivered had no permanent address as of yet. Avas would not cancel the order even though the delivery date wasn't until Monday based on the confirming e-Mail they had sent me. I have contacted my credit card company and the payment is now in dispute.

Anne Tunas, MO

I tried to place an online for an orchid to be delivered to a funeral. The website froze up on me and I had to call their customer service number. I should have just went to the local grocery store and purchased something there. Long story short, the guy told me he would give me a better price than I could get online. Needless to say, he didn’t. They actually charged me an additional $18.93 more and I’m unsure what that “service charge” was for. I can tell you that it wasn’t for their outstanding service! He couldn’t understand English and the sympathy card that I paid an addition $4 for was wrong. I paid for an orchid. They called me twenty minutes later and told me that I couldn’t get an orchid but reassured me that they would deliver something just as beautiful. What they sent was a green rubber tree looking thing for the same price as an orchid! I could have gone to the grocery store and paid $15 for that, the note/card would have been free and my name would have actually been on the card but I chose to trust this company. I paid $85 and didn't even get my name listed on the sympathy card. I am so horribly disgusted and disappointed with this company and the service that I received. I would NOT recommend that anyone use this ever. You will not get what you pay for!

Nicole Broomfield, CO

I wish I would have read reviews before placing an order because I see other customers having very similar issues. The arrangement I ordered did not come close to what I had expected, and placed online. I paid $70 for a few faded daises and wilted roses, in addition they did not even arrive on the date I had requested (even when placing the order over a week in advance). To make matters worse customer service was unhelpful, rude and unapologetic. After my initial email they responded once then never got back to me with my response. Ava's flowers is not dedicated to customer service, or providing a reasonable product.

Becky T Lakewood, WA

I ordered an arrangement called Bright Sunlight listed on Avas' website. All yellow, green and white flowers in a pretty yellow vase. What was sent was a cheap, ugly arrangement a 5 year old could of done better, in a cheap clear vase and red flowers!! I was very specific on the arrangement chosen because of the Oregon Ducks, "Green & Yellow". Upon reporting to Avas their horrendous mistake, this is their response: "Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret any inconvenience regarding your order. Upon reviewing the arrangement that you ordered and confirming with the designer, we have determined that the flowers sent are within the recipe and guidelines that the bouquet called for, in the size that you ordered. If any minor substitutions were made, they fall within our Substitution Policy guidelines. Therefore, your order meets the product description." I have already started the procedure to Stop Pay. I am NOT paying $70 for GARBAGE!!

SandyB Advance, NC

I called at 9:15 am on the Friday before my son’s senior Prom to order a corsage. They took my order, went over colors and styles, and charged my credit card. At 4:45 pm, they called and told me the sales associate had made a mistake, that they don’t do corsages anymore. Granted, my son left the purchase of the corsage a little late, but this place took my order and my money and gave me a confirmation number, then waited the entire day, until the time that any other florist I might try would be closing, to let me know the corsage wasn’t happening. The night before Prom. They offered me a plant. Seriously, they asked if I wanted a plant or another arrangement. I hung up. Then they called me back to ask if I wanted a store credit against a future purchase or a refund. What, did they think I was actually going to buy something from them ever again? Don’t trust them

DEBRA ROMEO Pahoa, HI

DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS!!! My daughter suffered a great loss and I live 3,000 miles away. I called and spoke to a representative and ordered sunflowers and tuberoses as they have special meaning for my daughter. I asked him to check the stock to ensure this is what could be sent and that they be delivered on the same day. He assured me that they had those flowers and that they could be delivered. They were not. I received an email that night saying sorry, we couldn't deliver the flowers. Then when my daughter did receive a bouquet the next day, it was a scrawny pile of pink roses and snapdragons with one puny sunflower shoved in the bottom. It was awful! After MANY, MANY phone calls, they finally said, tough, we didn't have the flowers you wanted so we just substituted what we had. They would not send a new bouquet of sunflowers as it was against their policy. They had NO heart and NO customer service. I will never use them again. They basically lied to get my order and then blew me off. We were already in the middle of a heartbreaking experience and this just made it so much worse!! When she told me it was just their policy and that they couldn't do anything about it, I said, well, maybe you ought to think about putting people before your policies.

Karen Mooresville, NC

I ordered a My Sun, Moon, and Stars arrangement from Avas Flowers for my 95-year-old grandmother who has been in the hospital out of state. I paid for the arrangement "as shown" in the website photo and did not receive anything close to what was shown. My aunt sent me a photo of what was delivered because she felt it did not match the description of what I told her was sent. I emailed customer service for Avas Flowers immediately and included photos of the arrangement. I requested a replacement arrangement that matched what I ordered, I believed that was a reasonable request. They denied my request and gave me a 10% refund instead. I did not want a refund and I communicated that to the customer service agent. I asked them to deliver the correct arrangement and have received no further communication. I am extremely disappointed and will not do business with them in the future. Do NOT order flowers from Avas Flowers.

Rose Wickliffe, OH

I was very upset with the arrangement. When I called I specially asked if I was getting the arrangement that was pictured (white vase with cross), this is why I purchased this. I was told, yes, I wasnt told maybe, we will do our best, I was told YES. When I got to the funeral hope I was shocked to see a sliver vase. I had purchased a Premium bouquet and was very disappointed to see a very small arrangement. The picture of this arrangement was so very different to what I actually got. When I called I was told all they could do is give me $8.99 refund, seriously? I paid $116.00. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Tammara Reed Denver, CO

It started on a sunday morning. My dad lost his mom, I called to see if they could deliver flowers same day. I was told that they could do that. Purchased the flowers. Got an email letting me know that my order was scheduled for delivery. As the day went on, no delivery confirmation. Later in the evening I received an email stating that the delivery did not happen, the driver did not update and was asked to call or email regarding this matter. Monday morning I phoned to check the status of the order and was told that they flower shop did not deliver on Sundays. Well that would have been nice to know.... and why the email that my order was scheduled for delivery?? The order is now scheduled for Monday. Upon checking the tracking it stated that delivery confirmation was pending. I had to call twice to check the status as the day went on. Frustrated beyond imagination I called my dad to let him know that I was trying to send him flowers and asked that he let me know if they are ever delivered. NOW the element of surprise and thoughtfullness is completely out the door. So my last phone call the them, they stated that the order was out for delivery. I asked if they could just leave the flowers as my dad is not home, they said as long as you authorize them to do that, then yes they can. I asked them to leave the order. Upon hanging up with them, my dad called and informed me that a friend stopped by his house and the flowers were on the porch. In my opinion the flowers were left prior to my authorization. I NEVER did get a delivery confirmation and the order did not look anything like the picture indicated they would. They are very nice, but not to my expectation by any means. Not very pleased with my experience. I should have researched a little better and contacted a local florist directly.

Joanie Busund Franklinville, NJ

I am devastated! I ordered flowers for my daughters birthday and was promised that short of the delivery man having a flat tire, they would be delivered on March 19th. When they never came, I called and found out that the order (though stressed numerous times in the phone conversation by me that the person for whom the flowers were for would not be there after the 19th), it had been scheduled for the 20th. Although I was reassured that I could contact them later, they closed immediately following my call to place the order. I was completely lied to! I NEED to cancel that order now, and no one will return my call!

Jennifer Murtoff Broadview, IL

My friend was kind and thoughtful and ordered flowers for me. I have a busy week due to being in an accident, with doctor's appointments and other things to attend to. We'd scheduled for a delivery between 3 and 5 today. I was home. No flowers. At 5 PM, I called customer service. They said the flowers were ready and would be out for delivery in the next half hour. I waited until 5:40. No flowers. I called again. They said the florist had tried to deliver and I was not home. NOT TRUE. I had been home since 3. Then they said the florist would come back out and deliver them. I asked them to give them my cell number in case they got lost. By 7, I still had no flowers. I went about my evening. Still no flowers. I'll never use them again.

Anne Merrimack, NH

I wish I had read these reviews before placing my order! They advertised as being a 'local' company, so I thought I was dealing with a shop in the same town as my desired delivery. I ordered (a pricey) arrangement to be delivered to a funeral home. It didn't show up - I spoke with 5 different customer service reps (on 5 different occasions) and no one was able to tell me the status of the arrangement or if it would be delivered at all. The day after it was supposed to arrive, it still did not, so I cancelled the order. They tried to get me to 're-send' it to another location. No thanks. It was expensive in the first place and then no way to track where the order was coming from, if it was being delivered, why it was not delivered, etc. Poor!!!