Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement.

Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. Currently, they have discounts on rainbow roses, a few select birthday bouquets, a few gift baskets, their birds of paradise bouquet, a Gerber daisy bouquet, assorted color tulips, and more. They currently have over 60 items on sale.

Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day.

They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat
  • Returns

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only.

They do not accept returns no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

177 Avas Flowers Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 20th, 2017 Walled Lake, MI

NEVER order from Avas flowers ! WORST experience ever!! I order flowers for my daughter birthday in one week advance. Called day of delivery to confirmed and was told "out for delivery". She never got her flowers. Called next day and was told "the flowers OUT Of STUCK" !!! Never got any calls , email, messages. After wasting a lot of time on a phone got refund.

July 17th, 2017 Fargo, ND

I received a bouquet that was arranged as if a 5 year old did it and to top it off it was dead on arrival, For an additional charge I paid $4.99 for a colored vase that was not delivered. I called the company 6 more times and received 3 delivery confirmations over the following 5 days for the new bouquet they promised that was never delivered. I highly advise you not use this company for your floral needs.

July 17th, 2017

Do NOT use Ava's Flowers! I work at a florist who has to deal with orders from Ava's Flowers and they are absolutely ridiculous. The consumer spends a mere fortune to send flowers to their friends/loved ones and Ava's only gives the receiving florist a fraction of the money they have paid. They charge for delivery...the delivery charge does NOT come to the receiving florist. Many orders are received days after the intended date of delivery (we received numerous Mother's Day orders from Ava's the day AFTER Mother's Day....orders that were requested to be delivered 1-2 days BEFORE Mother's Day). Many orders are sent that are impossible to deliver as requested, the receiving florist sends a message back to them, sometimes it is DAYS before Ava's responds. If you need to send flowers out of town, simply Google local florists in the area you are sending them to and call a florist direct. It will save you money, and eliminate the fraudulent middleman. You will be much happier with your purchase.

July 13th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

Ordering flowers from this company for delivery is a joke. I ordered flowers more than 24 prior to the date of anticipated delivery. I chose to pay for the expedited delivery (have them delivered before 1pm) as the recipient would not be at work after this time. I also ordered a box of chocolate to go with the flower arrangement. I was told that I would receive a delivery receipt once the order was delivered. an hour before the 1pm deadline, I called to inquire about the status of the delivery (I wanted to make sure that it got delivered on time) Avas Flowers was unable to get a hold of the vendor they selected to fill this order. They assured me that it would be delivered on time. I called again 15 minutes before the deadline of 1pm and got the same response. At 4pm (3 hours after the 1pm deadline) I received an email stating the the delivery was made. At this time, the recipient was no longer at work. The recipient called her office to ensure that they were in fact delivered. They were, but without the chocolate. The receipt that was included in the confirmation email showed three charges, one for the flowers, one for the chocolates, and one for the expedited delivery. I called to ask for a refund, as this was totally messed up. Avas continued to try and get a hold of the vendor they used for this order, and continued to tell me they were unable to get a hold of them to follow up and get a refund. After several weeks of calling and emailing Avas, they finally refunded my chocolate charge and the expedite. This was helpful but not what I was asking for. My feeling is that the whole order should have been refunded. The recipient of the flowers was not able to actually get them from work until 4 days later after returning from vacation. What a joke, bad customer service, not on time, I would never use this company again, and would urge other to not make purchases from Avas flowers as well.

July 3rd, 2017

You don't know all the fees they rack on till the end. Be very careful before you hit the last button. When the bouquet was delivered even the local florist was embarrassed by how bad the arrangement was. How do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?

June 27th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

2 funerals ruined in 6 months. No call back. We were in tears. It was my 50 year old sisters funeral. A disgrace.

1 0

June 25th, 2017 FL

Crooks!!!! Delivery was not what I ordered--Looked like they got something from the Dollar Store and delivered it to my mom Mother's Day 2017. Never stuck by their satisfaction guarantee!! Horrible Company!!!

1 0

June 21st, 2017

This company is an absolute joke. Nelson V was the agent that I had the absolute DISPLEASURE of coming into contact with. I have never been treated so rudely like my request did not matter at all until now. It is so sad that they do not train their agents better. I will NEVER use this company again for ANYTHING! I will be going directly to the florist in my town for anything that I need in the future. SAD SAD SAD If I could give negative 10 stars I would.

June 18th, 2017

Customer service seems to come from a 3rd party, foreign(Indian, Pakistani perhaps Philipean)agency who have marginal knowledge of fluent english making it very very difficult to communicate. The price on the website was 49.95 but asking the price when I gave him all the info went to 107.00. After objecting it went to 73.00. After complaining more it went to 57.00. Delivery was promised by 2PM on June 15, 2017. When they did not arrive by 4 I got back on the phone to simply cancel the order to 42 minutes of absolute frustration. When I asked for the phone number of the Mahwah HDQ no one could give it to me, another 23 minutes on hold waiting for a phone number--I hung up and went to my CC company who gave me instruction on how to gain satisfaction. Terrible, terrible company on all levels.

June 11th, 2017

I received an email that the flowers had been delivered but they were not delivered on the day promised. I am not paying for them.

June 7th, 2017

I ordered sympathy flowers for our grandmother. They were not delivered on the day I ordered(6/5/17). I had to speak with two customer representatives(Dora and John) until I requested to speak to the manager. Larry (supervisor) told me he would give me 20% refund(which I never received) and he told me the following day(6/6/17) they would be delivered or I would get a phone call/email letting me know they were not received. They were not delivered and I had to call customer service again on 6/7/17; I was placed on hold for over 5 minutes and the representative Sam, told me the order was rescheduled for today. I asked to speak to a manager and she transferred me to an extension and the manager didn't answer! I had to ask to cancel my order and it took moving a mountain to try and get a refund!!! Save yourself the hassle and frustration do not use this company!!!! This company is a joke! This company is horrible at customer service! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

June 7th, 2017 Fresno, CA

Do not use this flower shop/company. I spent $250 for two orders that should have been a 1/3 of the cost. Their prices are inflated! Buyer beware!!!! The price is not commensurate with the quality of the flowers/plant. The ratings are not accurate.

June 6th, 2017

My sons ordered an expensive flower arrangement for Mother's Day. I never received the flowers, but my son's credit card was charged. Luckily my son asked me if I liked the flowers several weeks later, after hurt feelings between all parties. Always order local!

June 6th, 2017 Framingham, MA

TERRIBLE. Did not order from them, they are scammers. I paid for a $25 bear, they did not deliver it and would not refund it. I paid for a $49 flower arrangement, they sent a different arrangement and delivered it a day late. Customer service is in India, so they barely speak English and they are not helpful.

June 1st, 2017

I ordered 2 dozen roses for my mother's birthday. They never arrived and I had to call multiple times to even get an update. When they did arrive THE NEXT DAY, they were wilting and warm in this terribly packaged box. I googled local florists since I wanted to try to give a local business a try. They are a joke and to make it up to me they offered me $10 back. Seriously? I can't tell you how much I regret not using pro flowers or 1800flowers. At least my mother would have had cool, live flowers ON HER BIRTHDAY instead of warm wilting ones the day later.

May 30th, 2017 Bloomingdale, IL

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers arrived 4 days after they were suppose to, they were not the flowers I ordered, they were wilted and dying already when my mom got them. They were more expensive than if I had gone with another seller, I only ordered from ava's because I thought it was a LOCAL florist, it was not! I am completely not happy with this experience and will NEVER order from them again!

May 24th, 2017 Easton, MD

The website claimed that the Rainbow bouquet was available for next day delivery, so an order was placed on Saturday. However, on the Sunday delivery date, their customer service called the sender to say they had been robbed and the delivery would not be done until Tuesday. The flowers that were delivered today looked like they had been dyed quickly and then packed in a shipping box which was delivered by UPS. The recipient opened the box and in the process of putting the flowers in a vase got dye all over his hands that he has not been able to wash off even after several attempts. In addition, the artificially dyed flowers smell funny and look unnatural and mangled. I would not recommend the arrangement, the quality or the questionable delivery excuse. Unless you want to send this bouquet as a tacky joke, I would not waste your money. I will be throwing these out. The thought behind the gift is appreciated, but not the quality or appearance of one of my two favorite flowers.

May 19th, 2017 Brighton, CO

DO NOT waste your money on Ava's Flowers. We ordered a bouquet that was to be delivered Sunday, Monday if unable. We received a call that they were overwhelmed with orders and that it would be delivered Tuesday and would be upgraded. Not only was it not delivered Tuesday, it was delivered Friday and not the same bouquet. When we were told "upgraded" we assumed a larger version of what was ordered. Apparently a dozen roses with nothing else is an "upgrade" to the large and full bouquet we ordered. And their solution to fix their lateness and total switch and in my opinion, downgrade of flowers was to give me a 15% discount and $10.00 store credit. I will never use them again!

May 17th, 2017 Sleepy Eye, MN

I submitted my order online and received confirmation. The following day I received and email that there was an issue and to contact the business. I called and was informed my delivery date would need to be rescheduled for the day after the set delivery. I agreed and was told I would receive a $10 refund for the inconvenience. The following day I received several emails from the company informing me that the delivery would be further delayed several days out and they had the wrong recipient name. I called the company and they told me that someone had manually changed the recipient name and delivery address and that delivery would be several days out. I explained that it was ridiculous, I expect the company to use the information I submitted with the order and not change the recipient, address, and delivery date. The associate offered to fix the issue but the delivery would still be several days out from the scheduled date. What a horrible way to run a company, process orders, and treat customers. I will absolutely NEVER utilize this company and will be sharing my concerns with other potential customers. Shame on this company for being so outlandishly irresponsible and unprofessional as well as incompetent. They need to find anther avenue to generate revenue.

May 17th, 2017

DECEPTIVE AND UNETHICAL COMPANY Ordered flowers for Mother's Day for my mom and mother-in-law to be delivered this past Sunday, 5/14/17. The two separate orders were NEVER delivered. Not only did they ruin mother's day for my family but they refused to give me my money back and I am now out $162. This company is a LIAR and a THIEF. They stole my $162 dollars without providing or fulfilling any service. That in anyone's book is called stealing and is completely unethical and unlawful. They completely lie when they say they are one of America's Top rated local florists. They are NOT local, they are essentially a shady business with call reps in India who contract out work to local florists in the area the flowers are to be delivered. They also say that they are 'family-owned and have a staff of dedicated florists ready to design your order. That is a lie. Again, they contract out all orders so they have no idea who is making the order in the recipient's city. AND, not only that but the permanent banner on their website is misleading and a trap to order within 32 minutes as it says, "LAST MINUTE SALE, Free Delivery & up to 45% OFF, if you ORDER ONLINE NOW - While In STOCK - [Time Left to Buy: 32 Minutes]. It's always there, and it always says 32 minutes. If this is permanently on their website... how can it be a last minute sale? They do this so you can feel like you're getting a deal and you have to hurry to place your order. But you're not getting a deal; they're just swindling you. The customer service rep actually sounded frightened and said he wished he could help me but if he did anything he would be "in grave danger." What does that say about who owns this company and how this company is being run? Just check out how many people are upset on pissedconsumer.com: 3120 negative reviews and $1.2 million claimed losses. That is not okay. One floral shop owner posted this on the site, “This is how Ava’s filled your orders. They take your money and offer a service that flower shops will not honor. We stopped taking orders on the 12th of May. Avas sent the orders knowing that could not be filled till a later date in hopes that you would take a discount or say its ok to send it at the later date. Ava’s charges 5 bucks per color of bow, card etc... they also charge a service fee of 18.95 to 30.00. The only way we can stop this company is by not ordering from them and going to your local shop or calling a local shop in the town you want your flowers delivered in and by us the florist not accepting the order.’