Avas Flowers

6.4

Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

#1 From You Flowers Logo From You Flowers ›

8.3

Overall
Score

#2 FTD Logo FTD ›

7.7

Overall
Score

#3 ProFlowers Logo ProFlowers ›

7.5

Overall
Score

#5 Avas Flowers Logo Avas Flowers

6.4

Overall
Score

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement.

Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. Currently, they have discounts on rainbow roses, a few select birthday bouquets, a few gift baskets, their birds of paradise bouquet, a Gerber daisy bouquet, assorted color tulips, and more. They currently have over 60 items on sale.

Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day.

They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat
  • Returns

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only.

They do not accept returns no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

Tina Haiderer

January 17th, 2018 Lebanon, CT DETAILS

I ordered flowers online for a dear friend who had just lost her mother. I put the order through at Avasflowers.net. They called me to let me know that the particular flower that was in the arrangement was not available. I OKed a substitution. I OKed a different vase. I understand that certain things are not always available. But I did not expect what my friend received. The first picture is what I ordered online. The second pic is what she received. Avasflowers.net's customer service was VERY unhelpful when I spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved. Basically told me tough luck. They even told me I authorized the change and that it was reviewed on the recording, but refused to let me hear the recording. They tried to tell me that the arrangement was actually an upgrade from what I ordered! Laughable!! I am hoping this post will get passed around and people will think twice about ordering from them.

Rachel Haywood

January 11th, 2018 St Louis, MO DETAILS

If you could give 0 stars I would. My flowers were supposed to be delivered this past Wednesday to a funeral home but never made it. I received a phone call from a man I could nearly understand, and he simply said they could not be delivered because no one was there. It is now Thursday and no flowers have been delivered. Their solution is to deliver them to a family member and I am not sure when. They would no give me a full refund as they attempted to deliver the flowers?????? Never again!

Beth

January 6th, 2018 Chester, NJ DETAILS

Ava’s is a scam and as others have noted the WORST business to work with. I placed a phone order for 5 table arrangements yesterday at 4:02 pm to be delivered the next week-end at a specific time. The email came through with my order and the delivery notation said they would be delivered one of two days which was not what I agreed to and would completely defeat the purpose of ordering the table arrangements. When I called to clarify and have this changed, it became clear that they are NOT local to the place of delivery, they have representatives that are lying about their location, would not provide the address for their main office and REFUSED to cancel my order. I knew at that moment that the flowers would not be delivered on time and would not be satisfactory. While they suggested that I call the local florist the day before to ensure that I get the flowers on time, they could not or would not give me the name of the florist or their number. They told me they could not cancel the order because “the flower arrangements are already made” which could not be true since it was over a week in advance and only 2 hours after I placed the order. They charged the credit card and refused to cancel after four, no five, phone calls. We had to call the credit card company to put this in disputed and they finally relented. While I believe the order has been cancelled, they are continuing to send me emails about this order like it is still in place. I cannot be more certain that this is a disreputable company and do not understand how they could still be in business.

Debra

January 6th, 2018 New Baltimore, MI DETAILS

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used. False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase. No thank you. AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

Rick Kasch

December 21st, 2017 Denver, CO DETAILS

Worst experience ever by florist and I send flowers every year. Called day before for delivery next day. Promised to be delivered to restaurant in time for luncheon. Never arrived. Will never use again.

dean nowell

December 15th, 2017 Gardiner, ME DETAILS

worse company ever. order for a funeral. didn't make delivery. didn't want to refund. Talked us into a plant to be delivered the next day. that didn't happen. now 4 days later still won't refund. Says it is still out for delivery. we have stopped payment on visa and filing at better business.

Adria Villani

December 10th, 2017 DETAILS

This company is garbage, DO NOT USE. They were supposed to be delivering next day (a Saturday). I called around 4pm on the delivery date as the delivery had not taken place. I was referred to UPS, as they contract out. The delivery had not taken place. By this point, Avas was closed so there was no further contact that could be made. I am waiting until tomorrow (Sunday) to see if I can reach anyone but at this point my money is gone with no product or service provided. DO NOT USE. I am highly annoyed. The whole point of my delivery was time-specific for someone going through a difficult time and this company did not deliver on something as basic as a delivery date. They are contracting out and it seems they do not care about the quality of their services. STAY AWAY.

E. A. Jurenovich

December 2nd, 2017 San Antonio, TX DETAILS

Note to self: read the online reviews before ordering pricey gifts from unknown online florists! Unfortunately, i didn’t, and I wish I had. I did appreciate Ava’s same day delivery; however, the “upgraded” European Dish Garden that was delivered looked like a cheap an ugly imitation of the pictured arrangement I’d ordered— thrown together in a leftover Easter basket. Very disappointing!!!

Tammy Lawrence

November 26th, 2017 Boaz, AL DETAILS

Terrible!!! Mom never got her birthday flowers, Don't use Ava's if it is important to get someone flowers or anything on time or at all.!!!! Still waiting for my refund!!

Misti

November 25th, 2017 Austin, TX DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Worst customer service EVER. I tried for three days to get flowers delivered to a customer in the hospital. Like others, they charged me then let me know at the last minute they could not get the flowers delivered that day, offering discounts and credits. None ever materialized - the flowers never materialized.

Ben S

November 14th, 2017 Glastonbury, CT

Can't believe this company is still in business! Not once, but twice they were unable to deliver flowers to wife at work for our anniversary. Called them twice and they offered to send me "upgrades". The first upgrade never came. I wasn't going to try the second upgrade. I talked to customer service representative, but she wasn't helpful. Dania G. was the customer service manager that insulted by offering a $10 store credit. Like I would ever try and use them again. $10 was an insult! They would still get more money out of me. Not having that. They are the worst. DON'T BUY FLOWERS FROM THEM!!!

rosa

November 2nd, 2017 Fair Lawn, NJ

Ordered floral arrangement for the cemetery and the colors of the flowers were not correct. Poor quality. I will not use them.

Tom Peterson

October 21st, 2017 Midland, MI

After placing order and being assured of same day delivery, was notified that they wouldn't be able to deliver until 2 days. Told rep to cancel order and rep said he's upgrade order for no charge. I said I wanted a refund and he told me he'd give me an in-store credit. It was only after I said I was finshed with this incompetent company that the rep agreed to refund my debit card, though it would take 10-14 days! Don't waste your time with this operation, especially if your flower order is important to you or your loved one

Lee

October 18th, 2017

Delivery was a day late with no notification and upon delivery the flowers were not the same as what I had paid for! Customer service line had no clue and could not give any information to help. Will not be preserving from this florist again.

Susan Towle

October 10th, 2017

Order made at 12:30 pm well within 2pm cut off for same day delivery but delivery was not made With the reason given that the order came into late. Also the customer service agent severely missed spelled my email address both in the name, the company name and used the extension .”com” instead of “.org”. I should have read reviews prior to placing my order. From the online ad I thought it was a Seattle, local, company and subsequently I read that it is simply a call center. Buyer beware, do not use this site.

Patty Roetzel

October 4th, 2017

AWFUL FLOWERS,!!! Ordered flowers for my sister, even paid the extra deluxe fee as per advertised picture to make sure the arrangement was “similar to picture” as promised on the website! The flowers were dry, and very few, small vase and looked nothing like the picture that I thought I had purchased. Worse customer service EVER, spoke to many supervisors and after many emails later, all they would do is a $10 store credit!! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Kim

September 23rd, 2017

Ordered flowers for a dear friends wake and was called an hour before to be told that they do not deal with any florest who deliver to that funeral parlor. Gee I wonder why florsest don't want to do business with them.

Edward Bernal

September 12th, 2017 Hayward, CA

Paid for expedited shipping, showed up 6 days late. not an email, not a phone call. They refused to cancel and give us a refund. Customer service was terrible. It sounded like they kept repeating something from a script. Please check the reviews in yelp. I have no idea how this place has such high ratings on here. Also the arrangement looked like something you pay $15 at the local grocery store for. Not the $90 I paid. Check the picture I posted on YELP.

Tammy Shirley

September 6th, 2017

Worse company ever, I ordered a beautiful arrangement, for my parents 54th anniversary, and received the worse arrangement I have ever seen, the vase was suppose to be red , it was a clear low quality vase , flowers was awful looking, I emailed, I lost track how many times, and sent pictures, then was told they only receive the picture of what I ordered, not the crap my parents received. So I resent over and over, They did nothing to make it right, I will never order from this company again, I usually order about 5 times a year, Mothers Day, Mom Birthday, Dad Birthday, Fathers Day and their anniversary since I am unable to spent this time with them. I was very embarrassed , they must have thought, how cheap, because that's how they looked. Every time I email, all I got was phone calls they are working on it, what are they working on? And Why call me, just make it right, this was so wrong to do anyone this way

meghanfoard

August 22nd, 2017 Pullman, WA

I ordered flowers and paid for rush delivery. When they were not delivered I tried to cancel and get a refund the following day and they kept giving me excuses as to why they could not give me a refund. I finally got them to agree to give me a refund after staying on the phone for 45 minutes and threatening to sue. I still haven't received the refund.

Gail Gilman

August 18th, 2017 Kennebunk, ME

Scam Artist Fraudsters should not be allowed to cheat people on internet purchase. Business Bureau Rate "F" Outrageous conduit flower business to local florists who probably get only half the purchase price. Pass-through flower sales. Locals send wilted flowers. BEWARE!!!!

C. Wagoner

August 17th, 2017 Torrance, CA

Ordered two dozen red roses. Called customer service to make sure the recipient would receive an arrangement with greenery as pictured on the website. They promised I would receive an arrangement exactly the same or better than one from a florist. Not true so buyer beware. The flowers arrived partly wilted in a box. They had to be cut and trimmed, no greenery...worse than plain roses picked up from the grocery store. Two went into the trash. I was embarrassed to have sent flowers of such poor quality. Followed up and complained since I specifically talked to customer service about this being a possible issue. So far, no response.

Alice McCown

August 10th, 2017

I recently had flowers delivered for my nephew's funeral. The flowers were delivered to the funeral home for the visitation and the funeral the next day. Some of the flowers were already dry by the time I saw them at the funeral. Also the status showed the arrangement was delivered at 6:09 a.m. That's not possible. After several emails and phone conversations, I was told by Ava"s that the "designer" said that they delivered fresh flowers and had taken a photo of the arrangement. What florist takes a photo of each deliver?. Ava's is supposed to email me a copy of that photo. We'll see.

Ed Thompson

August 8th, 2017 Longmont, CO

I recently gave a harsh review of the service and flowers that Ava's provided. I got a call from them and they reshipped the flower arrangement @ no charge. I have to give them credit for making things right. I have now ranked them an 8 to recognize their effort.

Natalia

August 4th, 2017

It was a worse experience ever! I placed my order a few days before my friend's birthday and I wanted flowers to be delivered in the morning for a surprise, I even paid an extra 9.99$ for that. The Flowers wasn't delivered on time. I contacted the company and provider assured me that it will be delivered by 3pm for 100%. And it wasn't!!!! I contacted them again and they couldn't give me any information about the order because delivers didn't answered them. By 3.40pm I received confirmation email and text on my phone that Flowers was delivered but it actually never happened. So I suppose to call them a couple of more times to figure out what happening with my order and my friend never got those flowers! Seems like somebody else instead of my friend received unexpected flowers and signed for them. Now I can't even get my money back right away because they need to do investigation who received those flowers!! Totally unpleasant experience! Totally unacceptable! They just said sorry! But nobody cares that my day was messed up and my friend's birthday screwed up!!!

Cheryl Green

August 4th, 2017 Atlanta, GA

I ordered birthday flowers for a friend and had them upgraded. I asked her to send me a picture and the picture looked nothing like what I ordered other than the same colors. When I called to ask for a full or partial refund they were only willing to give me a credit toward a future purchase. They SUCK . Steer clear of this company,

Ky

August 4th, 2017 New York, NY

Flowers arrived on time but over half of them were damaged. After paying $18 just for handling (not shipping) you would think they would not be damaged on arrival. Very disappointing. Will not be using again or recommending to others.

Ron Knight

August 1st, 2017 Flower Mound, TX

I contracted with Ava's flowers to have a vase of flowers delivered to my sister on her birthday (July 31) two days from the order date. I input the delivery address (in the center of the town in Texas) and received the order confirmation that they flowers would be delivered to that address on July 31. My credit card was charged. I checked online to confirm the delivery but it never showed a completed delivery. Finally at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date, July 31, I phoned Ava's flowers to inquire as to what time the flowers would be delivered. After being put on hold for 14 minutes the Ava Flowers phone rep (whose English was very poor) told me that I needed to pay an additional $10 for the order to be delivered. This was told to me at 8:00 pm on the contracted delivery date after I phoned them! I refused to pay and asked for a cancellation. The flowers were never delivered as contracted and they demanded more money LATE on the delivery day. Horrible company performance.

Lilka Martinez

July 26th, 2017 Placerville, CA

Buyer beware. Horrible customer service. I ordered an arrangement on July 13, to be delivered on July 14. I found out on July 17 that it was never delivered. On July 17, the customer service representative tells me the arrangement will be delivered on July 18 and gives me a tracking number. The arrangement was never delivered.

Marina

July 26th, 2017

All the horrible reviews are correct. After several days of screw-ups, flowers were ordered on Sat. for Monday, and when I tracked delivery discovered it was for the next Monday 9 days away! After several incredibly frustrating phone calls, in which I was repeatedly cut off after 15 - 20 minutes on hold, I finally got the delivery straightened out. When the flowers were delivered I found out they were horrible! Nine of the 17 stems were covered with mold and falling apart. I was sent photos showing a mass of falling apart rotting flowers, covered with clearly visible mold! After another nightmare getting to talk with someone on the phone I did get promised a refund, but I had to argue that I would NOT except a credit, and will NEVER do business with them again.

Tatiana Zuyeva

July 20th, 2017 Walled Lake, MI

NEVER order from Avas flowers ! WORST experience ever!! I order flowers for my daughter birthday in one week advance. Called day of delivery to confirmed and was told "out for delivery". She never got her flowers. Called next day and was told "the flowers OUT Of STUCK" !!! Never got any calls , email, messages. After wasting a lot of time on a phone got refund.

Kim Triebwasser

July 17th, 2017 Fargo, ND

I received a bouquet that was arranged as if a 5 year old did it and to top it off it was dead on arrival, For an additional charge I paid $4.99 for a colored vase that was not delivered. I called the company 6 more times and received 3 delivery confirmations over the following 5 days for the new bouquet they promised that was never delivered. I highly advise you not use this company for your floral needs.

Debbi Wilt

July 17th, 2017

Do NOT use Ava's Flowers! I work at a florist who has to deal with orders from Ava's Flowers and they are absolutely ridiculous. The consumer spends a mere fortune to send flowers to their friends/loved ones and Ava's only gives the receiving florist a fraction of the money they have paid. They charge for delivery...the delivery charge does NOT come to the receiving florist. Many orders are received days after the intended date of delivery (we received numerous Mother's Day orders from Ava's the day AFTER Mother's Day....orders that were requested to be delivered 1-2 days BEFORE Mother's Day). Many orders are sent that are impossible to deliver as requested, the receiving florist sends a message back to them, sometimes it is DAYS before Ava's responds. If you need to send flowers out of town, simply Google local florists in the area you are sending them to and call a florist direct. It will save you money, and eliminate the fraudulent middleman. You will be much happier with your purchase.

Derek

July 13th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

Ordering flowers from this company for delivery is a joke. I ordered flowers more than 24 prior to the date of anticipated delivery. I chose to pay for the expedited delivery (have them delivered before 1pm) as the recipient would not be at work after this time. I also ordered a box of chocolate to go with the flower arrangement. I was told that I would receive a delivery receipt once the order was delivered. an hour before the 1pm deadline, I called to inquire about the status of the delivery (I wanted to make sure that it got delivered on time) Avas Flowers was unable to get a hold of the vendor they selected to fill this order. They assured me that it would be delivered on time. I called again 15 minutes before the deadline of 1pm and got the same response. At 4pm (3 hours after the 1pm deadline) I received an email stating the the delivery was made. At this time, the recipient was no longer at work. The recipient called her office to ensure that they were in fact delivered. They were, but without the chocolate. The receipt that was included in the confirmation email showed three charges, one for the flowers, one for the chocolates, and one for the expedited delivery. I called to ask for a refund, as this was totally messed up. Avas continued to try and get a hold of the vendor they used for this order, and continued to tell me they were unable to get a hold of them to follow up and get a refund. After several weeks of calling and emailing Avas, they finally refunded my chocolate charge and the expedite. This was helpful but not what I was asking for. My feeling is that the whole order should have been refunded. The recipient of the flowers was not able to actually get them from work until 4 days later after returning from vacation. What a joke, bad customer service, not on time, I would never use this company again, and would urge other to not make purchases from Avas flowers as well.

Tiffany

July 3rd, 2017

You don't know all the fees they rack on till the end. Be very careful before you hit the last button. When the bouquet was delivered even the local florist was embarrassed by how bad the arrangement was. How do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?

Catherine Reydel

June 27th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

2 funerals ruined in 6 months. No call back. We were in tears. It was my 50 year old sisters funeral. A disgrace.

Shauna Taylor

June 25th, 2017 FL

Crooks!!!! Delivery was not what I ordered--Looked like they got something from the Dollar Store and delivered it to my mom Mother's Day 2017. Never stuck by their satisfaction guarantee!! Horrible Company!!!

Weldon Auld

June 21st, 2017

This company is an absolute joke. Nelson V was the agent that I had the absolute DISPLEASURE of coming into contact with. I have never been treated so rudely like my request did not matter at all until now. It is so sad that they do not train their agents better. I will NEVER use this company again for ANYTHING! I will be going directly to the florist in my town for anything that I need in the future. SAD SAD SAD If I could give negative 10 stars I would.

Ron Wildgust

June 18th, 2017

Customer service seems to come from a 3rd party, foreign(Indian, Pakistani perhaps Philipean)agency who have marginal knowledge of fluent english making it very very difficult to communicate. The price on the website was 49.95 but asking the price when I gave him all the info went to 107.00. After objecting it went to 73.00. After complaining more it went to 57.00. Delivery was promised by 2PM on June 15, 2017. When they did not arrive by 4 I got back on the phone to simply cancel the order to 42 minutes of absolute frustration. When I asked for the phone number of the Mahwah HDQ no one could give it to me, another 23 minutes on hold waiting for a phone number--I hung up and went to my CC company who gave me instruction on how to gain satisfaction. Terrible, terrible company on all levels.

Darline Boykin

June 11th, 2017

I received an email that the flowers had been delivered but they were not delivered on the day promised. I am not paying for them.