Avas Flowers Logo

7.1

Avas Flowers has been around for over 30 years and is currently headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey. They are a family owned and operated business that delivers flowers and gift baskets nationwide. They offer arrangements for special occasions and holidays or "just because". They offer same day delivery and their customer service line is open 24/7.

TheBouqs.com Logo
#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
ProFlowers Logo
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.7
star star_half star_border star_border star_border
FTD Logo
#4 FTD chevron_right
4.0

The Good

• Ratings
  • Deals
  • Customer service

Ratings

Each of Avas Flowers' products give customers the option to rate their purchase. This is very helpful to future customers. Future customers can look at the rating of each product to determine if they still want to go through with an order or floral arrangement. Avas Flowers contributes and donates to local organizations and nonprofits. They are currently a proud sponsor of many local nonprofits in their area.

Deals

They have a "Hot Deals" category that highlights all of their sale or discounted items. They currently have over 60 items on sale. Their website is business verified. Customers can feel confident that their purchase and personal information will be safe with a trusted company with an active "Trust Guard" approval. They have a 128 Bit SSL Secure Certificate. They have been a member with Trust Guard since 2011.

Their store is open 7 days a week with a customer service line available 24 hours a day. They have an informative flower wiki that informs and educates customers all about nearly every single flower that exists.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Live chat

Additional Fees

Although they claim that they have the lowest prices in the industry throughout their website, their prices, including all the additional fees, are higher than most of their competitors. Their delivery fees are pricey and they have too many additional and hidden fees that quickly add up.

Live Chat

They do not provide customers with a live chat option. If customers need to speak to customer service, they can call in during business hours or send in an email only. They do not accept returns, no matter the circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Avas Flowers is a family owned and operated business that has been around for a long time. They definitely have the experience and the ratings and reviews to prove it. However, most of the reviews we found about their company were poor. Since there were too many unhappy customers, we could not recommend Avas Flowers for your flower delivery needs. We suggest checking out our top recommended companies for better options.

1.1

Chassey Enfinger FL

We ordered flowers for my uncles funeral in April and were guaranteed delivery the day of the service. While at the funeral we received a message that they were unable to deliver the flowers,multiple family members ordered flowers for the service and all were cancelled. My uncle was the most loving man and it really upset me that he didn't have any flowers. Then we ordered through them again on 6/30 for my aunts birthday 7/4 we had them set to be delivered 7/2 we received a email on 7/3 stating they were not able to deliver them due to not having the flowers we ordered.. they then stated they could offer other flowers and have them delivered 7/7. Which would be pointless So we were issued a refund. I will never recommend or use Avas flowers in the future and make sure I tell everyone to stay away from them.

M A Evansville, IN

They charge a monumental (50% of flower cost) service fee but don't put it on the billing until you're ready to complete and pay the order. Very deceptive and misleading. They are not as inexpensive as advertised.

No Avas Flowers Boulder, CO

I ordered flowers, balloons and chocolates for a Thursday delivery for a Friday AM funeral. Late afternoon on Thursday I received an email and a phone call: 1. They couldn't deliver the peace lily I ordered until the following week so I agreed to a plant substitute. 2. They said they didn't "have a driver" to deliver on Thursday and said Friday morning would be the best they could do and told me the flowers, balloons and chocolates would be delivered first thing Friday AM ("delivery truck will leave the florist at 9AM"). I was told I'd get an email update when it was delivered. It was too late for me to try another florist for delivery at that point. 3. I called them on Friday at 3 PM and asked where my delivery was - they said they didn't know. I was put on a long hold and then the woman who came back to the phone said she "thought" it was delivered but wasn't sure. I told her to CANCEL the order. She went away and then came back to the phone saying she couldn't cancel because it might have been delivered and I had agreed to the plant substitution. I told her that agreeing to a substitution wasn't the issue; TIMING WAS - I asked for a credit - she told me THAT ISN'T THEIR POLICY. Turns out they were delivered late - after the funeral. Zero stars!!

Mary Hardy Charlotte, NC

We needed a last minute arrangement for a funeral and Avas was there when we needed them. We called and wanted specific things in the arrangement and they came through for us.

Sarah Reynoldsburg, OH

Ordered flowers from Avas in Tyler Texas...they changed my delivery till after the occasion for which they were ordered.....unacceptable! I found this out by calling the recipient and found out the flowers weren't delivered..I was able to call and cancel my order..I would not order from them again...such a bad experience when you order in plenty of time to be delivered on the correct date..I was more than angry since this is probably her last Birthday and it was ruined by Avas!!

John Dudley Los Angeles, CA

I ordered flowers for my 93 year old mother for mother's day. Three weeks later and still no flowers. Based on their web site I thought I was dealing with a local florist, so shame on me (and credit to them for making a web site that fools you into thinking they are local). Anyway, given how busy florists are on mothers day I could forgive the lack of delivery. What caused me to write this review is the complete inability to reach their customer service to inform them that they did not fulfill my order. Completing their online form does nothing, and their phone system for customer support appears to be intentionally designed to, at some point, disconnect on purpose so that you can never speak with a live person. I have had to resort to calling my credit card provider and filing a dispute, something that hasn't been necessary in years. Do not use Avas if you care about the recipient you'd like to receive flowers, as you will likely be disappointed - and find that your money has been stolen. Strong words? Yes. But the honest truth.

Front Desk Granger, IN

I would give less than one star if I could. The quality of flowers received is less than what I would get at a gas station. Customer service is atrocious. After being on the phone for over an hour, I was told they will do nothing to remedy the situation because they are "a small business." They would not even issue a refund. A quick Google search will reveal that they are NOT a small business. Do not purchase from here unless you want to be out $80 on flowers you could have bought for $2 at the gas station.

K Beecher North Troy, VT

I placed a floral order for delivery on 4/2 and paid much more than such items delivered in the past have cost. The website indicated that delivery would be 4/3-4/4 (Easter). The next day (10:52am), I received notification that I should call so my needs would be better served. I called and was told the delivery could not be made until 4/5 because the arrangement I ordered was unavailable. This information should have been shared prior to accepting my payment. No refund was offered, just an insignificant discount on a future order. Later (8:24pm on 4/3), I received an e-mail with a link to select an alternative floral arrangement. The link does not work. These people are thieves (taking money when not having the item to deliver) with incompetent supply chain/website communication.

john baldwin Plano, TX

Horrible customer service!!!! Never order from this place call 1800 flowers or Ftd don't waste your time!!! Placed an order for a funeral and they promised a dellivery just to get a text 10 minutes later saying it couldn't be delivered for another 4 days....after talking to some sweat shops in china and India and getting hung up on 5 times they finally canceled the order never order from this place!!!

LR Lamarque Bowie, MD

I wish I could give this business a worse review. I made a purchase 2 days prior to scheduled delivery. I paid an extra $9.99 to assure that the delivery would occur on time and was scheduled for delivery at 2pm. When no delivery occurred by 3 pm I called. The national site was unable to reach the local florist and I was told I would receive contact from them. I was unable to leave the house to collect other items for my wife's birthday as I was waiting for delivery. I called twice between 3 and 4 pm with no information given as they were unable to reach the local florist. I then received a text stating that delivery had occurred at 4:15pm. I looked all around the house, no delivery had occurred. Finally after calling 2 more times and still being unable to receive more information, I told them I would like a refund and tried to salvage the remainder of my wife's birthday. We went out for birthday dinner at 6:30 pm. When we got back home at 9pm, the flowers were at the front door. They were the wrong size bouquet, they were in a vase when one was not ordered, there was 1 balloon when 2 had been purchased. I called them back that night again to assure a refund. I was told a full refund would be issued in 24 hours. 2 days later, after no contact from them, I called again to assure a refund and make arrangements for them to pick up their wrong product. I was then told that I would be refunded but charged an $18.99 fee for their service (or lack thereof). The lied or at the very least were wrong regarding the delivery. They sent the wrong product. They left out a portion of the paid for product. Then, they charged me for their service (or lack thereof) which they would not refund. Their business practice is shady to say the very least. I will never use them again and will share my information everywhere I can.

Carie Kifer Dahin Altamonte Springs, FL

I spent $103 on a "As Shown" Princess for a Day floral arrangement for my sister's birthday on March 11, 2021. When she sent me a picture thanking me for the flowers I was shocked by the product delivered. It looked NOTHING like what I ordered. It was skimpier and less full as well as having different (cheaper/cost effective) blooms. I could have gotten the same product from the local grocery for $40. I had it rush delivered, used a code for free delivery, there was also a service charge of $20. I called customer support in which I was told should would get a replacement and I would get an email updating me about the replacement. I never got an email and my sister never received a replacement arrangement. I called the next day and was told that it would be resolved. It is now March 15ht and they have not fulfilled their commitment to resolve the issue. I have not heard from them. Avas Flowers is a scam. I made a review on their website and it was never posted. They are showing false reviews OR only the good reviews. They are a 1 star operation for obvious reasons. I would give them 0 stars if it were an option.

ALLIE Boaz, AL

I most definitely WOULD NOT recommend Ava's Flowers; I underwent the WORST experience ever ordering flowers. Sadly, I ordered flowers for the death of a good friend's loved one - the order arrived LATE, actually after the funeral. I was lied to about the status & delivery of the flowers, transferred to at least 8 different agents, and they even screwed up what flowers I ordered. The agents could barely speak English and could not give a reliable/correct response to when they would be delivered. Ava's preaches they are a "family owned business" but in reality they are nothing more than a middleman. I will NEVER order flowers from them again and will ensure everyone I know won't either - a HUGE disappointment at a time when flowers were needed the most; what's worst is I paid several additional fees (service, delivery, etc) and was not even offered a partial reimbursement for THEIR INCOMPETENCE!!! I highly discourage anyone from using them - horrible experience!!!

Michael R Woodbridge, VA

I ordered early in the morning for a congratulatory gift for my daughter who lives across the country. It was deliver the same day and the picture she sent of the flowers were beautiful except it had 2 purple flowers, but the image on the web show lots of purple flowers. So I left a message on their web page and somebody called me back withing a few hours. Their customer service was excellent. Offered a 15 dollar refund and a small discount credit is I ever order again. I don't know about others but I am real happy with the response and will use them again. The only downside is they are more expensive than other companies (PF) but the product delivered was alive not dying like (PF). Overall, I am very happy.

Becca Livermore, ME

I am very pleased w/ Avas Flowers. There website is easy to navigate. They have a good selection. I ordered same day delivery and was very pleased that they did indeed arrive on time and were beautiful! Thank you for making my mom's bday so special and for making my day as I was having difficulty find any florist to deliver to her area. Sincere gratefulness :)

Tbrown Scottsdale, AZ

They are a total scam. Took $130 from me for luxury tulips and sent a tiny vase with some red roses. Told me it was impossible to re-send them. Refused to help me figure out a solution. Have now spent 10 hours trying to resolve

Kim Williams Seagoville, TX

This is a horrible company that does not stand by their satisfaction commitment at all!! I ordered a spray for my husband's funeral and the banner that I was charged an EXTRA $10 for was not on the flowers. There were flowers missing from the spray. I spent $180 on a spray that was not at all worth it!! They will not resolve this issue when called about it. The only reason they are getting 1 star is because I cannot select 0!!

Julia smith Dayton, OH

Horrible purchase. I ordered flowers for my mom for her birthday They were delivered and I have never seen anything like this in my life. Requested my money back - contacted my local flower shop. They have issues with this company as the local shops can only do what they can with making no money - please please please don’t order from this company. The flowers were 60.00 and didn’t even come in a vase. They were wrapped in a hideous mesh that didn’t match. The flowers were pretty but the arrangement was horrible.

NMN West Greenwich, RI

BEWARE!! We received an item with no indication of sender. When we found out who sent it, they described a totally different item and said they gave Ava's their sender information. Contacted Ava's and they claim sender wanted to be anonymous and take no responsibility for the item stating they have the right to substitute. So, doesn't matter what you order. They send what they want. Should be able to give zero stars. Understand that I am not the paying customer but the recipient but there is no option for a recipient to submit so had to check off "paying customer" in order for this review to be submitted.

Lauri H Highland Park, IL

My mother died right before Christmas and I needed flowers for her funeral on Dec. 26th. No one local would be open and they were pretty much out of flowers anyway so I was happy when Ava's said they could deliver a large spray on Saturday Dec. 26th. I happened to look at the tracking on Dec. 24 and it said the delivery would be on Dec. 29. Not acceptable and I got NO communication that there was a problem. You'd think they would know if FUNERAL arrangements were delayed that they would TELL YOU. I was able to find a florist 30 min. away and I had to go pick up the flowers the morning of my mom's funeral. Not a great turn of events. This florist said never go to internet sites with no address, they just farm out the flowers anyway. Lesson learned! I would recommend everyone STAY CLEAR of Ava's Flowers!

Eric Robinson Beaumont, CA

HORRIBLE SERVICE! I ordered flowers from Avas online on Dec 31st at 11am for funeral flowers to be sent the same day by 7pm to the funeral home; however, they did not send them that day. New Years (1st) was a holiday but still stated that they would be delivered on the 1st. Nope. The 2nd was the date of the funeral and they called me only an hour before the funeral and they sent me an email saying they need another location to send the flowers (the funeral home address & phone was provided when I ordered them). Three days and no delivery for our loved one- and I live across the country from the funeral. They canceled the order and offered me a $20 discount on another transaction of flowers! Beware of this company, they will not try to make amends with you about their misdeeds even after a supervisor conversation and I was on the phone with these people for an hour! You cannot count on this company to do the right thing.

Christine Tate Avon, CT

I wanted to purchase something special for my Godmother who is 98y/o. I wanted to make her smile and be happy since this may be the last Christmas she is here with family. I found a beautiful arrangement at AVAS Flowers that I knew she would love. So, I purchased the DELUXE arrangement. First, I was shocked seeing that there was an additional fee of $17.95 as a Service Fee, God only knew what that was for!! Next, I received an email from AVAS requesting I call the Customer Service because there was an issue with the arrangement. They were out of berries so there would be a delay in Delivery [after Christmas]. Okay, things happen and at least I was happy to hear that “they cared” about what they provide to their customers. Well, my Godmother received the arrangement on the 26th and her daughter sent me a picture of what it looked like. OMG – I was so embarrassed!!!!! I didn’t even look like a $15 arrangement you could get at a grocery store!!! Hardly any berries, huge bow to fill in the empty spaces. I will NEVER purchase from or recommend AVAS Flowers to ANYONE.

Tom Palmer Winters, CA

First, the price they advertise is about half of what it will cost. Second, they act like they use local flowers, but my flowers shipped from Louisville KY to Vegas area. Third, they did not have the correct flowers. Fourth, they were two days late. Will never use again, do yourself a favor and do the same.

Maureen Bradenton, FL

It is no surprise to be reading these reviews of this absolutely horrible company. Most likely, a careless amateur doing business out of his bedroom ("giving the business" to people is more like it). This company switched our order with someone else's. When approached via email, they refused responsibility stating they can send any item of their choice as a substitute. The order received by the recipient didn't even resemble what was ordered in the smallest way. Avas is bad news.

Johanna Bradenton, FL

In a word, HORRIBLE! Avas made a huge error by sending someone else's order to our recipient instead! What's more is that Avas would not accept responsibility for their mistake. Basically, they excused themselves by stating that their fine print allowed them to make substitutions and they used that as their loophole. Avoid this company by all means.

Nancy Burke Wilmette, IL

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I ordered flowers last weekend and they promised Sunday delivery until they had my credit card info. Then they started hedging, but still would not say that they could not deliver on Sunday. They promised Monday morning at the very latest, but on Friday, I got notice to contact them. Needless to say, they had not delivered the flowers, and on that call (3 tries -- 20" on hold until I finally got through on the 3rd try), they offered to deliver on Tuesday. 10 DAYS LATE! For special occasion flowers! They did absolutely nothing to make it right, and cut out the line when I asked them to reverse the charges.

Rita Bristol, CT

TWO DAYS after placing my floral order with Avas, one of my orders has NOT been delivered yet! I ordered two planter baskets of assorted plants (condolence situation) to two different addresses, and Avas substituted a small round glass vase of CUT FLOWERS for one and I was told they will substitute ONE ORCHID PLANT for the other. When I called to complain that these orders were not what I ordered at all and for which I was charged, I was told that they had to substitute because they could not get plants! My orders totaled $150, and all they could refund on my credit card was a total of $13 and give me a $20 store credit for future use. Future use? NEVER!!!

Jackie Wiles Dallas, TX

My order was messed up with a bear delivered instead of flowers. I called customer service and they took care of it within 2 hours. They were very nice and sent a even better flower arrangement. Their customer service is great.

BK Mansfield, TX

So disappointed! While the customer service rep was polite, thus the reason I can give 2 stars, the service was extremely disappointing! They allow you to order arrangements and do not let you know that major substitutions will be made if those flowers are not available. And, my delivery was scheduled for Saturday and didn't find out until after it wasn't delivered and I called to follow-up that it would not be delivered until WEDNESDAY!!! That's unacceptable, especially since I gave my phone number in case there were any issues with delivery. They sent an email, but I don't check my email on Saturday, that's why I gave my number!!! The supposed "upgrade" I would receive for the issue was by no means an upgrade in my estimation and far from what I ordered. I will not be ordering here again because I can't trust that my order will be fulfilled on time or will be what I ordered at all!

GeeZee Livermore, CA

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my mom late in the date on 3/5/19. Spring tulips (15) in a vase. It was delivered same day and my mom said they were beautiful. I ordered a 56.00 arrangement and was charged $88.41. The flowers lasted 5 days. I called to inquire about the upcharge. Received a bow and full-size card I did not authorize for $8. They credited me $10 back on my cc and $15 store credit. Took 20 min to resolve. They are helpful and friendly people but something weird is going on. I personally felt the flowers looked okay. As long as my mom was happy.

Ida hardin Berea, KY

My sister was in the hospital and I wanted her to get flowers, ftd did not deliver in her area so I went with Avas,they were very courteous and the flowers were gorgeous,wonderful experience

Ed Thompson Longmont, CO

I recently gave a harsh review of the service and flowers that Ava's provided. I got a call from them and they reshipped the flower arrangement @ no charge. I have to give them credit for making things right. I have now ranked them an 8 to recognize their effort.

Joanne gustafson Laconia, NH

Received roses for my birthday. The temperature was 22 degrees. I was not home and they were left on my porch for 5 hours. They froze. I called Avas and they sent replacement flowers the next day. They really stand behind their quarettee. Great customer service !

Terri Sajda Bridgeport, CT

Flowers were left at front door even though there were 2 people home. Delivery person did not knock. Recipient would not have noticed flowers if they had not gone out. My email notification said the flowers were signed for by "Smith". There is no Smith at this house. I am very disappointed with the delivery. If the recipient had not gone out, the flowers would have frozen. Not good.

P Presser Toledo, OH

I wish there was a 0 and I wish I saw this page instead of the one on their website where they fabricated ratings. They use a call center in CT so you are essentially not even dealing with the "family owned store with 30 years in business" My order was promised before 2pm and not only was it NOT delivered on time, it was delivered the next day by another company who was "sold" my order. The names of all the people sending it were included and calls to track the order down took 30+ minutes to get a live person with NO ANSWERS.

Heather Tuttle, CEBS, PHR Richmond, CA

I ordered two dozen pink roses for next day delivery from their website for my mother's 70th birthday. I was called the next morning to tell me they didn't have pink roses and they couldn't deliver them that day, but could get some from their farm and deliver the next day. They delivered 2 dozen orange and yellow roses that were left on the front deck in the heat without even ringing the bell to let my mom know they arrived. When she opened them, they were wilted and then they died two days later. Mom didn't tell me till day 5 after delivery. I immediately contacted customer service to let them know since their website states in multiple places in large font they have a 7 day freshness guarantee. That apparently only applies if you call within 24 hours of delivery to say your flowers will probably not last 7 days. I only wanted replacement flowers delivered. They refused even at the supervisor level. Even when I kept referring to the freshness guarantee, both the rep and supervisor kept reciting the policy. Infuriating. DO NOT BUY from them.

Holly Houston, TX

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I ordered flowers for my mother's 80th birthday, which obviously was an important event. I ordered them 5 days before her birthday and was assured they would arrive on her birthday. No flowers arrived which was greatly disappointing. When I tried to get a refund they continued to give me the run around not to do it and it took me getting really angry, accusing them of not being a reputable business, and threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau. Once they claimed they canceled the order it took quite awhile to get a cancellation number. And on top of that I was told that it could take up to 10 business days to receive the credit on my VISA card.

Max South Windsor, CT

I paid for free delivery. The “order form” automatically entered a delivery note, “before 2pm.” I wanted after 2pm. Their delivery message could not be removed. In the space provided in the delivery request box, I entered my desired time. Worried about the order’s two delivery times, I called customer service. The individual assured me- that they could see MY instructions- and so would the local florist. The flowers were delivered at the wrong time- With the virus issues, certain procedures needed to be followed, and I gave detailed instructions regarding the delivery location. The flowers were to be delivered for an outdoor party at a business. With all the social distancing regulations at the time, I could not be confident anyone would be at the indoor reception desk. Worse- the flowers were for the person who works at this desk- and were to be presented at the party. Then a confirmation email was sent- verifying delivery was made at 5pm. Actually it was bright and early in the morning. Fortunately, “someone” was at the location of delivery, and the person signing just happened to be the intended recipient. Wrong delivery Time and Location. Misguided customer service. False verification. Notified the company with concerns- no response.

Kathy Dima Glendora, CA

I called to order flowers for my sisters birthday ( Monday , June1 ). I asked for Blue Bells and they said they would try to get them. The day before the flowers were suppose to be delivered , I got a call stating they could not get the flowers I had asked for. We agreed on a substitute and that was the last I heard until today ( the day after my sisters birthday). No flowers were delivered! But, of course the charge went through on my credit card!!! I tried calling twice. The first time, we were disconected, the second time , after being on hold for 15 mins, I hung up. Sooooo very disappointed !!!!

Brenda G Austin, TX

Very deceiving floral shop, I purchased my vase arrangement online May 4th early morning, for my Mother and when checking out it said we might deliver as early as 6th,7th, 8th or 9th and had an x on 10th but nothing indicated on avas calendar past the 10th. Then later on May 8th I get a email about flex delivery and noticed on the order they changed my order to a 12 stem rose bouquet which was cheaper than the medium size vase arrangement I had bought. So I called avas customer line, which by the way the guy was nice on phone and said sorry about this we will try and get your order out hopefully by Sunday May 10th, but worst case scenario on Monday the 11th and proceeded to give me credit back for that mistake and threw in a small box of chocolates as a sorry. So here we are today the 12th saying it might be at my mom's by the 14th.... which btw avas been changing the schedule delivery date since day 1 but still giving them the benefit of the doubt.... so here I am hoping and crossing my fingers that when my mother receives her "Mothers Day flowers "sometime this week, they are at least beautiful flowers and in hopes that they at least put fillers to this bouquet, but will see.

Brooke Mahoney-Livesay Pflugerville, TX

Brooke Mahoney-Livesay Completely a fraudulent company. I ordered a bouquet for my mother's birthday and agreed to a "flex" delivery date. They were to be delivered either on 4/26 or 4/27. When they did not arrive on either day, I called and emailed for THREE straight days. I was hung up on twice by alleged customer service representatives. I even tried the call you back at a scheduled time. Guess what - no phone call. Then they blocked my number so it would decline my call and feed to "thank you, goodbye". I emailed only to receive ZERO written response. THEN it gets EVEN better. The deliver finally comes today. We ordered over $100 in lilies, hydrangea, and roses (all in pinks, whites, greens). Instead it shows up with 6 red roses and two sprigs of greenery. I am disgusted by the lack of accessibility to speak with a human, the lack of respect of a call or email back. They deserve to be shut down!

Sandy Scott Seminole, FL

There has to be much better choices for flower delivery. There was no mention of a $17.95 service charge. Interestingly, I could have ordered from the local florist who wound up being the people who delivered the flowers without a service charge. In addition, delivery was clearly requested on the 26th of the month (a birthday) and the invoice clearly shows that date. Unfortunately, they delivered it on the 25th (two hours after the order was placed). I called customer service and they said there was no deliveries on that date even though it was a delivery choice when I made the order and again, the invoice clearly indicated that date. One of the reasons I chose these people over my local florist was that the local florist clearly had the 26th crossed out as a delivery date in that they apparently don't deliver on Sundays. They agreed to refund $15 of the service fee and the customer service put me on hold numerous times while supposedly processing that refund. After an excrutiating 42 minutes with customer service she stated that she would be unable to process the refund and a "ticket" would be sent to a manager regarding the refund and I would be contacted when the refund was processed. I won't hold my breath. One should not need to go through that kind of hassle for a very simple order. In summary, processing fees not mentioned during the order, wrong delivery date and inept alleged customer service. Go elsewhere for your flower needs!

KL Doylestown, PA

This doesn’t deserve 1 star! They are a SCAM company! DO NOT ORDER from them!! I ordered flowers for a friend of mine who’s grandmother had passed, and when I went to check out and there was an additional processing fee and others. The flowers were supposed to be delivered by 6pm that night. I received a text saying the flowers were were delivered, but when I spoke with my friend, she said they were not there. I proceeded to call the company and was put on hold too many times with no results, I was promised a call back and never received one. I called the next morning and was on the phone with them for OVER 5 hours back and forth on hold! NO ONE was able to help me. I asked for a refund and each and every customer service rep REFUSED to do it!! I asked for them to cancel my order and each customer service rep said they COULD NOT because the flowers were delivered, when I’m fact they weren’t! The company called my friend and she told them that the flowers were in fact NOT DELIVERED, and they STILL wouldn’t give me a refund! I have contacted my bank to STOP PAYMENT! After 5 Hours on the phone today and 3 yesterday I am COMPLETELY DISGUSTED and I am reaching out to Consumer Affairs and the BBB to file complaints. They should be ashamed for themselves taking adavantage of people during this horrific time. I will NEVER RECOMMEND this florist to anyone!!

Svetlana Vigliaturo Satellite Beach, FL

Outrageous service!!!!!! Unexplained fees! advertise themselves as local, family owned business. Alas! A group of rude and heartless thieves! A flower arrangement was ordered on line with an express delivery for a memorial service. The order was placed more than 24 hours before the designated time. The customer service representative called 5 hours before the memorial service, explaining that they would not be able to deliver it on time to the funeral home , but could readdress it for additional fee. And this is taking into consideration that I had paid already for an express delivery to the funeral home, that is located 3 blocks away from the residents' home, and the service was not completed. They have some outrageous "service" fees that did not explain itemized what they include. The most terrible service I have ever faced with any company what so ever! After talking to a customer service and cancelling the order, as they did not even give any guarantee when and if the flowers would be delivered near soon to the residents' address I never received a confirmation of my refund, though I requested it many times. On the website they have reviews, that are never found on line with any search engine. This is a Freud company that does not deserve to exist in any data physical or virtual!

Ariel Mountain View, CA

I had mistyped the address, and the service was kind enough to get in touch with my recipient. I’m removing one star as it was impossible to get in touch with them . Looking forward to the delicery

Colin Riddle Norcross, GA

WOW. NEVER AGAIN!! Let me share with you my experience with Ava's Flowers. Back on February 7, 2020 I was browsing online looking at the local florists in my BF's hometown, but I realized it was too late to have any flowers delivered on Valentine's day. (My mistake, should have ordered earlier than a week before.) So as I kept Googling, Ava's Flowers website came up, and upon clicking into it, it appeared as if Ava's Flowers was a floral shop in my BF's town, and even had a map to prove it! So I found a proper arrangement made of his favorite flowers, and I was able to choose the delivery date as Valentine's day! I was super happy and quite excited to send him a Vday surprise! Now here's when it all went downhill. Within 5 minutes of placing my order, I received an email from Ava's Flowers stating 'Due to high demand, the arraignment you purchased is out of stock & we will be upgrading you to 2 dozen roses in instead. If you would like to further discuss this resolution please give us a call..." Honestly, I didn't think anything of it because I saw the word upgrade and thought 'Okay, that's fine.' Then the following Monday (Feb. 10, 2020) I received an email saying that my order had shipped via UPS. I was really confused because I was under the impression that this was a local florist in my BF's hometown, but upon doing some research I found out the real warehouse was in New Jersey, over 1,300 miles away! Now at this point, I was really confused because of the way the website was displaying false information, but seeing that Vday was only 4 days away, and I live 8 hours away from him, there was nothing I could do. So I let the cards play out. Skip ahead to Thursday (Feb. 13, 2020), I receive an email notification from UPS stating that the flowers were out for delivery. "Delivery!?" I immediately felt slight panic because I placed my order and chose Vday specifically. Upon looking on their website, they had changed my shipping date to 2/13 instead of 2/14 but I didn't notice originally. "Well, that's not what I wanted, but I can't do anything." So I texted my BF and told him a surprise would be delivered today, so keep your eyes peeled! A couple of hours later, I received a photo from my BF of a bright red bouquet of roses in a vase that he had just got. I thought they looked great and he was super happy! End of story, right? WRONG! Later that night we were Facetiming and I had informed him on the back story of those flowers and he informed me that actually, what he didn't show me in the photo was that when he had opened the box of flowers, that half of the bouquet had actually wilted and fallen apart in the box, but he didn't wanna say anything and make me feel bad (which it didn't, because it wasn't my fault they were wilted and broken, but I digress.) Skip ahead to Saturday (Feb. 15, 2020)(2 days after receiving the flowers) and he sends me 3 photos of his bouquet and the roses had wilted, a lot had fallen apart, & they began putting off a putrid smell that was very displeasing. This is when I had enough. I emailed Ava's Flowers explaining what had happened and demanded a refund because of the expectation not being met from the product they were selling on their website compared to what my BF had received. I received a response on Sunday (Feb. 16, 2020) asking me to call to resolve the issue. So I did, and in short they stated that they would not issue a refund but would in turn re-ship some more flowers. I replied back demanding a refund because I do not want more flowers, I want my money back because you did not properly supply what I was initially sold, and if you can't help me, please direct my call to a supervisor who can help me. I was then placed on hold for 15 minutes followed by being hung up on by their automated hold system. I immediately called back and asked to speak to the supervisor. The rep on the phone stated that she can't issue a refund but can only re-ship, and if I speak to a supervisor they will say the same thing. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep put me on hold for another 10 minutes and came back stating that she can issue a refund for half of the original order. I was livid at this point and demanded a full refund and to speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold AGAIN for another 10 minutes and came back saying that she will issue a refund for the full amount, and apologized for the mistake in the order. So with all that being said, I recommend that you, DO NOT order from this company. From the other reviews on here plus mine, I believe it is safe to say that this company is not legit, and will not able to supply any type of flowers except roses, and you will not be guaranteed that they are high quality. Save your money and use a local florist, even if you can't get the flowers delivered on your desired day.

Jeff Heck Mansfield, OH

Extremely dissatisfied with this company. I placed an order for 4 diff sets for flowers for my adult daughters (out of town) late for Valentine’s Day I certainly understood it my order was late in the game (on 2/13) but this site was the one the “guaranteed” they would get deliveries made on Valentine’s Day. Indeed, the ONLY reason I ordered from them and paid their premium price (compared to others) was the ability to get them timely delivered. Not one of the them was delivered on time. In fact, one of them that their own site still says was to be delivered yesterday still has not been delivered. I don’t really care about the store credit they offered on only 1 order (They won’t be frying my business again) and the fact that 3 of the 4 were delivered late (today), I’m upset that they even suggested they could timely deliver when that obviously was totally false. The other sites I considered today me they couldn’t promise delivery and that’s the whole reason I bought these items. The reason the day was a big deal to me is that I wanted to provide my adult daughters with valentines flowers because their older sister had died in the last year and when they were all kids, I used to do valentines flowers every year for all of them. Shame on this company. They misrepresent and don’t live up to their word. Learn from my mistake in ordering from this company. Don’t do it.

Dorothy Conroe, TX

If there was a 0 I would give it. I called the Avas Flowers instead of ordering online so I could be assured I would receive what I wanted. My sister pasted away and I explained to Avas that I wanted a hydrangea plant so my sisters ashes could be placed under the plant. Nothing was received at the funeral. I ask my niece to go to the Avas Flowers and get the plant. They gave her an orchid. They said because of the season hydrangeas were not available when I know that hydrangeas are native to that area. They would not return my money because they said someone accepted the flower at the funeral.

Colleen Colorado Springs, CO

One star only because I can't give ZERO stars! I ordered the Holiday Flower Tree - a 16" fashioned Christmas tree with "assorted Christmas greens, cushion mums, carnations, berries, and ornaments." The tree was for my best friend. It was supposed to have been delivered on 20 Dec, but wasn't. After a call to Ava's Flowers customer service, I was guaranteed a delivery on the 23rd. What arrived was brown, wilted greenery(or supposed greenery) with ribbons and "red things" (according to my friend) - no flowers. I had ordered a card to go with it but no card came with the arrangement. I see on my statement that I was also charged $8.89 on 23 Dec. - an additional charge, for what???? All totaled it was $120.77 worth of garbage to my friend and it was late at that. Dissatisfaction is an understatement! I will NEVER use this company again. I will let all of my friends and family know to NEVER purchase anything from this company. This business is a scam and the product they send isn't worth the money you're paying and won't look like what is advertised on the website. BUYER BEWARE!

Tricia Tague Troy, NY

I ordered an arraignment to be delivered for Christmas Eve. Told them what I was looking for Red & white roses as well as what ever filler flowers they chose but I did specify with pinecones very Christmas oriented design. I said I stated several times price wasn’t an option I just wanted the largest and over the top they could do. They charges me $129.00 for the most embarrassing arraignment ever delivered. It had 3 red roses, 4 carnations, one lily and two daisies stems. Anyone who does flowers knows how pathetic that is. It was nothing like I requested or would ever expect a flower shop to deliver. The card also didn’t even have the correct information on it at delivery. Honestly appalled! Truly a place to avoid at all costs.

D. Putnam, CT

This is a zero star review, I had an awful experience with this company! Do yourself a favor and use another company to order flowers. Two weeks ahead of time I order flowers for my mother’s birthday and the delivery did not arrive on the scheduled day. I right away notified them and when I received a return call I was told they could delivery the item in another 4 days, plus they keep trying to have me change it from a birthday arrangement to a holiday arrangement even though it wouldn’t be delivered until after the coming holiday. I honestly believe they didn’t have the correct flowers so they never even made the original order.