1800-FLOWERS Logo

5.4

LAST UPDATED: May 17th, 2022

1800-Flowers opened in 1976 delivering flowers and gifts worldwide. For more than 30 years now this company has helped people express themselves, by offering a fine selection of flowers and arrangements. Customers can also shop though plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, stuffed animals and more items that are always great for gifting.

FTD Logo
2.9
ProFlowers Logo
#4 ProFlowers chevron_right
2.0

The Good

• Customer Service
  • Personalized Vase

1800-Flowers allows their shoppers to use a live chat tool from their website. This allows customers to get help on their orders anytime 24/7. When compared to other flower delivery companies 1800-Flowers received the best ratings in consumer review testing. This company has done a better job than most others in resolving the complaints they receive from customers.

Personalized Vase

1800-Flowers also offers a personalized vase with some of their flower orders, which is unique for flower delivery. With this feature customers can have a photo of their choice added to their arrangement.

The Bad

• Reliability
  • Complaints

Reliability

Still 1800-Flowers isn't the most reliable company out there. Consumers have made complaints about their service saying that their flowers didn't show on time, that they received the wrong color, and that they never contacted the customer to let them know if the order would be late. Customers have also had orders cancelled without knowing, then later found out it was because 1800 flowers was currently out of their request. Members generally aren't notified about any changes to their order until they responded or tried to contact 1800-Flowers to track down their delivery.

Complaints

This company has had over 200 complaints since 2008 with over $13,000 claimed losses. The average loss per customer with 1800-Flowers is $62.00.

The Bottom Line

All in all 1800-Flowers doesn't have the best reputation on the web, although they continue to work with customers to ensure orders are fulfilled and that their business is efficient. They do offer a 100% Smile Guarantee on orders, but be sure to follow and track your order well if you decide to order your flowers through 1800-Flowers. With 38 years of experience and service, 1800-Flowers offers one of the largest varieties of flowers with same/next day shipping options available.

3.1

Isaac F Saint Paul, MN

READ THIS!!! I generally believe people only write reviews when they want to complain about something, let's change that. So here I am to write a review about my wonderful experience with 1-800 Flowers and their family of brands. I ordered gifts from 3 of their 12 different brand for 4 wonderful wonderful mothers this Mother's Day and each was delivered today exactly on scheduled and exceptionally beautiful. Two mothers received flowers and they instantly called me to say how beautiful they looked. One other mother received a gift basket and she sent me a picture of it once received, amazed by how elegant it looked. The final mother received a bucket of popcorn (her favorite nighttime snack) and instantly sent a picture followed by exclaiming how happy she was. Four mothers, four gifts, four euphoric smiles. The only area this company struggles with is their "Same Day Deliver" option for flowers. With this option, 1-800 Flowers works with thousands of local floral shops around the country in order to give you the ability to have flowers delivered to you, same day. This part is where 99% of their bad reviews come from. 1-800 Flowers strategically brings volume into all these local shops just by using there brand. The issue you are asking? Well, all these shops don't always have the physical manpower to fulfill and deliver these orders, especially on high volume days such as Valentines Day for example (even though you'd think these shops would bring in extra people on these days to help with orders otherwise they are leaving thousands of dollars of revenue left behind). If all goes right, then it's a win-win for both 1-800 Flowers and the local shop. But if something goes wrong and because 1-800 Flowers has made an agreement with these local shops to not give out their info to the customer placing the order, who do you think the customer gets mad at when the local shop can't fulfill the order? 1800 Flowers. Because that's is the only entity available for them to get mad at, even though the fault is on the local shop every...single...time. Now that you know this, please be aware that 1-800 Flowers have their own warehouses where they build their own beautiful flower sets and ship them to consumers the next day via a UPS or FedEx carrier. If you are ahead of the game, do this option. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful flowers that will leave the person receiving them in awe. They even come with a complimentary card where you can personalize your own message. You can also bundle the flowers with a WIDE variety of different gifts. On top of that, sign up for their loyalty program called Passport for only $19.99 (!!!!) and you will have free shipping on all orders for a year. All in all 1-800 Flowers is exceptional. If you don't want to send flowers then no worries, here are some examples of the different products they offer throughout all their different brands and for a ALL occasions: Beautiful Flower Bouquets Elegant Plants Food & Wine Baskets Fresh Caught Alaskan Seafood Freshly Cut Meat (steaks, lamb, prime rib, etc.) Fresh Baked Cookies Excellent Popcorn Tasty Baked Goods (muffins, breads, pies, cakes, etc) Fruit Bouquets PERSONALIZED Gifts Delicious Berries (including chocolate covered ones, yum!) Wonderful Assortment of Chocolates And many many more.... The gift of giving is truly one special thing. Thank you 1-800 Flowers for your special gifts that never fail to make my loved ones happy.

Tracey Winter-Simms Pasadena, MD

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Placed three orders for Mother’s Day flowers 6 days before Mother’s Day. Two out of three of the orders were horrible! Ordered my daughter a large “ blushing beauty melody bouquet”. (arrived on the fifth or sixth of May) When it showed up it wasn’t even half the size of a small bouquet. (Have photos). Received 50% off and a $20 towards my next purchase. I asked them if my other two orders were fine and I was assured they were going to be delivered on time. On Mother’s Day I received an email stating they were trying to call me (I have caller ID and no one tried to call me). To tell me that FedEx for did not pick up the bouquet to deliver. But then told me that they did not have the flowers needed to make my bouquet. After some discussion, we came to an agreement on what type of bouquet to send to my mother-in-law and I was told it would be arrive Monday. But as they were processing it they told me it would not arrive till Tuesday the 10th. As of today 17 May, the bouquet has still not arrived. Although I have been informed that it was going to be delivered today. More than one week after Mother’s Day! Only offered a refund on my delivery.

Cyndy Finch Birmingham, AL

Ordered butterfly wind chime and flowers for mothers day. Wind chime arrived broken and a week later flowers still have never arrived. No problems them answering the phone. The problem was in trying to get a refund. Tried to convince me to wait for the delivery almost a week after they were sent... Took 10 minutes and having to yell at the woman to just get a refund. Offered $20 credit which i told her to keep... I will NEVER use them again. I understand things happen with the mail but want me to wait so my mom can get 2 dozen dead flowers and i had to tell her at least 10x to just give me a refund??? Nope never again Edit: this just got better.... They sent me a $20 savings pass this morning the 16th at 8:43am... It expired YESTERDAY the 15th.... example #2 do not use

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

Being from of family of women, I have always been favorable to sending flowers. Over the years the cost of my efforts had increased because my family of important women had grown. Now that I had started the habit of sending flowers, it had somewhat become expected. 1800-FLOWERS had been recommended to me by friends and I have been a loyal, satisfied customer every since. Not only can I expect healthy, quality flower selections, the prices are reasonable, the delivery is reliable, and the customer service is super!

J Baker Washington, DC

I ordered flowers for Mothers Day. They were supposed to be delivered on 9 May (8 May was not an option). Received an email on 9 May saying the flowers were ready for delivery. Flowers were never delivered. I contacted the 1-800 Flowers on the web and chatted with an agent, was told the weather delayed the delivery. I pressed and was then told the weather delayed the flowers arriving at the florist. Why did I get an email saying the flowers were ready for delivery then? I was informed that the flowers would be delivered on 10 May. and I would get a $20 gift cert for later. I contacted my mother to ashamedly explain the situation and assured her the flowers would be delivered on 10 May. 10 May passes... no flowers. I again contacted the webchat to find out what happened. Long story short, there was no really answer. I was given a stock answer of 'delivered to the wrong address because there were so many orders in the queue'. Really??? Too many orders in the queue... two days after mothers day... in Boise Idaho... and delivered to the wrong address knowing there was a previous mistake with the order... not passing the smell test. I was offered %50 refund and a reschedule along with another $20 gift cert for the future. I declined and took a refund instead. This is the second time 1-800 Flowers has messed up an order to my Mother. I gave them another chance. Things happen. My mistake. Never again.

John M Scottsdale, AZ

Ordered Mothers Day flowers to be delivered 2 days early. Didn’t arrive. Called (didn’t just rely on website). They said by Saturday, 1 day late. Still don’t arrive. Waited all day Mother’s Day. No flowers. Called again. They said they would give me a $20 gift card on $113 gift. I said that wasn’t acceptable and the customer service rep ( who I could barely understand) hung up on me. I’m sure we were accidentally disconnected. No, there was no cursing or yelling. Just a disconnected line. Do not use them. There are a lot of options out there. Use anyone else. We live in the age of AI, don’t these companies know when they have an infilled / undelivered order? Isn’t it interesting they take our money with all the efficiencies of modern technology, yet refund it like it’s 1950? “Let me take 10 minutes to review that while you sit on hold again…”. It is disgusting.

Jessa M Spokane, WA

Horrible Company. They don’t deserve anyones business. Both Chat & Phone calls are useless. Pretty sure your customer service agent I talked to on the phone was high on drugs. He kept repeating himself & slurring his words. You could do better by actually attempting to make a phone call to a different florist to at least try to get something out when an order has been marked delivered but never was. Today is Mother’s Day and there is no time for me to do something different for my mom, especially since I live in another state. On top of that, now I have to wait 1-2 billing cycles to even get a refund. Poor customer service, not enough ways to make it right with the customer. I will NEVER rely on 1-800-Flowers.com again & I will leave poor reviews everywhere I can in hopes this doesn’t happen to someone else.

Alicia Garcia North Arlington, NJ

I have spent hours at this point, since AS SOON AS I PLACED MY ORDER, trying to CORRECT, not change, my delivery date. I specified 5/6 delivery. The website then directed me to the app. I signed in on the app to pay. It never again asked me for delivery date. AS SOON AS I PAID, it said 5/3 delivery. I called right away and was told I needed to call back in half hour. THEN, I was told I could not modify or change the order. After two calls and about three chats, I was told it would be delivered 5/6. Yesterday I get a shipping confirmation. I call again and am told it would be delivered 5/6. Well today I get notification it was DELIVERED.. TODAY 5/3 with no one there I think to receive the flowers, which is why I specified 5/6!!!! HORRIBLE. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN!!!

Annette Rowen Denver, NC

We recently placed an order for Mothers Days flowers to be delivered. They committed to having them delivered the Saturday prior and they never arrived. I tried calling them no answer, kept being told there were long delays due to volume. It is now Tuesday and nothing has been delivered. This is the second time I have had an issue with them delivering as they committed.

Robert Dunn Shrewsbury, MA

I got a call Sunday on Mothers Day, that the flowers for my Mother that should have been delivered Friday were not coming. Lots of promises when we called Saturday, and an absolute guarantee on Sunday AM. Ask for flowers to be delivered Monday, but got a crummy $20 gift certificate instead. If you want poor service, and terrible customer service this is the company for you.

Donna Jonke Queens, NY

They charged my credit card without my permission and sent me to bogus telephone numbers to have charges cancelled. Customer Service was unacceptable. I will never order from this company, or any of its affiliates again.

Korinne C Riverton, UT

1800Flowers is my go-to when I need to order flowers. I've used them in the past to deliver to a few people and the flowers were done and delivered that afternoon. They were beautiful too! The website is mostly easy to use. The only thing I don't like is seeing the giant bouquets and then discovering the ones I can afford are much much smaller. But other than that it is great.

me and me Haddonfield, NJ

ordered flowers in plenty of time. 3 days early. didn't even want mothers day. wanted day before. no delivery. no email. no call. no answers from customer service beg dissapointment. took money from my account and now has a hold on refund. again no explanation wish i had read this before i ordered fromthem..

Kat Watt Aberdeen, WA

Sent flowers to sister, what arrived was NOT what pic showed! Flowers looked like picked out of backyard, not the lilies shown online, raffia bow was overly long & looked like 5 year old tied it,

AbdulAliyy

Hello, I ordered some flowers at the last minute for an anniversary gift. I could have went out and bought the flowers but I figured getting them delivered would be a lot more special considering the occasion. I ordered the flowers to have them delivered the same day, got the confirmation they would be delivered the same day by 9pm. Waited all day for the flowers to arrive and by 8pm I got nervous thinking they weren't going to make it. I finally contacted them, they assured me it would still be delivered before 9. Once 9pm came I contacted them again and they said there's a delivery date for the following day. I was very disappointed and so was my wife. I had a whole lot of making up to do for not getting those flowers or a gift in time. I would hope that you guys would be a little more accurate with the delivery date and won't treat me with an "oh well" attitude when I try to resolve the situation, thanks

Danielle Burkheardt Sellersburg, IN

Will absolutely NEVER order from them again! Ordered flowers on the 26th for my girlfriend to give her dying mother to be delivered on the 28th by 8 pm. Due to Covid, she's not been allowed to visit so I thought it might make her feel better if a piece of her was there since she couldn't be. The flowers never showed up. Had a confirmation email, was able to track the order, and still showed up in the system but they cancelled the order due to "suspected fraudulent email". What the hell is fraudulent email? And they never even contacted me to tell me that the order was cancelled. No call. No email. Nothing. They called in immediate family today to say their goodbyes. So she's there now and noticed the flowers never came. The first representative I spoke to offered to call her and let her know why the flower delivery was canceled. So his solution was to call someone who is sitting at the bedside of their dying mother to tell them that they canceled the flowers due to fraudulent email. He wanted to interrupt her time to explain this nonsense instead of just sending me an email so that I could screenshot it and send it to her about what happened. The second representative did a replacement order and took a whole $6 off my order. Six dollars. Now the delivery is supposed to be tomorrow sometime between 9:00 and 5:00. This woman is dying and the one thing I could offer my girlfriend to console her is these flowers. She could be dead tomorrow. So she's upset and I'm made to look like I canceled the order and just reordered last minute. My name and my word is at stake here. She's not even speaking to me now. So I asked the representative what happens if she's dead tomorrow when the flowers arrive and there's nowhere to deliver them to because she's in a morgue? This woman told me she's going to pray. She totally admitted fault on the company's behalf, but the price of my word and my name is $6. The one thing I could have done for my girlfriend in this time, and I let her down. The company won't get blamed for this, I will. So I'm telling everybody now, you take a gamble on if your flowers are going to be delivered and you won't even know anything about it if they cancel because they don't inform you. I will be reporting this to the Better Business Bureau and every website I can find. They will right this wrong. At this point I shouldn't have to pay anything. And whoever the person was who canceled my order without informing me should be terminated. I plan to take this as far as it'll go.

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

Are use this website to send flowers to a coworker when she lost her father it was very fast and easy to navigate she loved the flowers she received it came with a wonderful note as well. the prices are great!

Leon Yoakum Los Angeles, CA

I have sent and received flowers from this company always fresh and on time. Customer service very friendly

Leah Staley Lebanon, PA

Ordered flowers. Did not get flowers. Got 1/2 money back. After seeing reviews online of people that actually got flowers, I’m glad they never came. Stay far away from them.

Brian Hering Troutdale, OR

I ordered flowers for a birthday gift and they were not delivered. The company’s resolution was to try delivering again 2 days later. This is not a reputable business and their customer service is horrible. Buy local.

Mary Fernandes New York, NY

I have used 1800-FLOWERS many times and am always very happy with the consistent quality of the gifts that I send. They have a very good selection, and I have purchased both live plants and cut flowers. The gifts are very thoughtful and lovely, and I have never had any issues with delivery. They get your order out quickly, and it arrives completely fresh and beautiful.

Joseph Zajac Hazleton, PA

I used 1-800 Flowers several times to send flowers to family members around various states in the country when it was a special occasion such as a birthday or a holiday. Well their prices can be a little expensive, they do offer holiday and birthday special bouquets and offer a range of bouquet types to help fit your budget. The reason I gave them a good reading is because every single person that I have had flowers delivered to from them have been very satisfied with their arrangements and the flowers have been fresh and long-lasting. They also give you a powder in the delivery to keep the flowers fresh longer which is a nice addition. I would recommend them but always look for the bouquet specials that they have running!

Jlbfla New Braunfels, TX

Have used many times for flowers and birthdays gifts. Prices are reasonable. Deliveries are always quick and on time. Flowers have been as shown in their website and not substituted for something else. They arrive beautiful and fresh. They do not die quickly but last a long time. Candy, popcorn have always been fresh and not stale. I like their many styles of flower arrangements and the prices are reasonable. They have not disappointed me.

Monica Jones Americus, GA

I will never order from this company again. Placed a order for next day delivery, paid almost 30.00 for shipping. Checked order it showed it would be delivered on april 16th, 2 weeks for a order that should of been delivered next day. Customer service is horrible!! I canceled my order and requested a full refund!!!! Never again!!

Laketa Lange Indianapolis, IN

Placed a order for my son's teacher birthday for Friday. Order was never delivered, when I called to inquire about it, stated they can have it resent on Tuesday the following week. NEVER AGAIN will I order from this place. If you wanna make someone feel special on their birthday I definitely wouldn't recommend this place unless you're sending a belated birthday gift. Thanks for nothing

Tim Travis Waterford, MI

I can give two perspectives one from a business standpoint and fun from a customer standpoint. They are single-handedly along with all the other large corporate floral companies are in the business to put the independent Florist out of business at the expense of the independent Florist My experience as a customer was 100% disaster. I ordered a dozen long stem roses to be delivered to my house and a peace lily to be delivered to a friends house. Both were ordered on Thursday to be delivered on Friday. Neither order ever made it to the delivery date. The order that was to be delivered to my home was never delivered and my girlfriend received a message the day after stating that they had a bad address. First of all the address was correct and verified and my house has had that same address for 50 years. They also made the mistake of calling the recipient about the address instead of the sender. When I called to complain they said they were delivered the next day on Saturday and I said to deliver it to my business which is nearby because my girlfriend was not going to be home on Saturday. Then she got a message Saturday night saying that they could not deliver to my business because the outside delivery service said that my business had multiple businesses at the address and they would not deliver. First of all that is not true and her name is all they needed and the address to get delivered to my business that only has one address and one business name that I had provided. So they delivery for the flowers that was supposed to happen on Friday never got delivered until the following Tuesday. Now the crazy story is on the plant delivery that was supposed to happen the same day that never happened was attempted delivered however the recipient was not home. So instead of contacting either me or the recipient about the attempt delivery they also did not leave a message or a card or a tag at the house to say they attempted delivery. So once again I complained and they did deliver the plant the next day on Saturday however they were going to offer another delivery as an apology that was going to be direct shipped from one 800 flowers. This is where I gets insane. They do everything they can to take business away from the local florist so that they can promote their direct shipment floral business which in this case backfired. They use FedEx to deliver overnight next day deliveries. However it was 25° and a blizzard in Michigan and they left the plant that they were sending as an apology in an unheated truck for two days and then FedEx left the package on the front porch when it was snowing. So when my friend was home to discover that this box was still outside on our front porch it had an inch of snow on it and by time she opened it the plant that they had delivered was completely dead and frozen. This plant and container that came with it and a small balloon on a stick were thrown in a box with no instructions and require the recipient to assemble their own arrangement. There was no regard to the weather in Michigan when this was delivered which makes no sense. It turned out that both deliveries were sent to the franchise factory florist warehouse and the deliveries were handled from an outsourced delivery company who has no incentive for proper delivery of any orders that are made. The franchise Florist is not Florist at all it has no store and no customer access. The reality is the description of the order for the dozen long stem roses is in Acura because they are half the size of a long rose in the industry standard. The plant that was sent is half the size of what you would normally buy at a greenhouse or local florist and I know this for a fact. This is because I am very familiar with the local florist that would have normally gotten this order to deliver that no longer services one 800 flowers for this very reason. I also know that from the business standpoint one 800 flowers charges $104 for a misrepresented longstem rose arrangement and only pays the local florist $33 which is $10 less than it actually costs that florist to make and deliver. So what they are doing is systematically taking advantage of what local florists are left who they are associated with and charging fees to the point where they pay less than half of what the customer pays and they keep all the profit. If only more people knew how they run their business and the effect they have on small business I misrepresenting what they have to offer and charging way more than the value. It’s typical corporate greed and is despicable

tlacalamita Ridgewood, NJ

Pathetic Customer service is the cornerstone of 800 Flowers. I ordered flowers to be delivered and they failed. Using their chat, I was assured by two agents that there was an issue with the vendors communications and the flowers would be delivered the next day. When they were not delivered, I chatted with another person who terminated the chat and just cancelled the order! What? And then I called to find out what was happening to the order to find it was cancelled by the agent without my authorization? I will never do business with them again and highly advise that you spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

DogLover17 Macomb, MI

I love this company! 1800-Flowers is always stocked with a wide selection for every occasion including goodies besides flowers. I have been notified during each part of the process- order confirmation, order delivered. I will continue to order from them.

Aaron Kessinger Glasgow, KY

Awful awful. Ordered on Sunday for a funeral on Tuesday form 10-1 pm. I called to check status and they said they would arrive by 8:00 pm. The lady on customer service could barely speak English and kept asking if I wanted to reschedule the order and I said within the next hour. It was literally one of the worst customer service experiences ever. Sadly my friends family never got the flowers for the funeral. Will be calling AMex to contest the order. Don’t use this service.

Angela Edwards Syosset, NY

My boyfriend TRIED To surprise me with flowers for valentines day EXCEPT they delivered them to the wrong address and even had someone else sign for them? I NEVER received the flowers even though my name, phone number, work address AND the NAME of my work were listed but somehow still let a stranger take them home. Then offered to have my SURPRISE FLOWERS delivered 2 days later. What was supposed to be a romantic valentines day turned into a customer service nightmare and NO I will absoloutely never use this site again.

Joe Crestuk Williamson, NY

Ordered 36 valentines roses two weeks ago to be delivered yesterday. Received 18 half dead wilted roses for my wife’s valentines gift. Not only did I not receive the amount ordered, the “roses” I received were a joke. I called customer service right away and asked for resolution. They could not send a new order in time for Valentine’s Day, and said they could only provide a 50% refund! They are a rip off do not order from them! Customer service is terrible. I ended up going to a local florist to buy more roses to make my wife’s gift what she truly deserves.

Nikole Murphy Lakewood, CA

Do yourself a favor, find another florist. Unreliable, horrible Customer svc. My friends dad died and I tried to send food and dessert for a house full of people the day before the funeral. Surprise.... It didn't make it. They said they would try to deliver the following day, WHEN NO ONE WAS HOME! Customer svc told me I had to call their vendor myself to cancel order and refund my money. $129.00 later.... I'm still waiting. What an overpriced, unreliable crap show.

Heather Colegrove Surprise, AZ

DO NOT USE 1-800-Flowers UNLESS you want to have a horrible experience! All of the phone representatives do not speak very good English and they do not pay attention to details! I ordered a floral arrangement for an upcoming funeral this weekend. I spent 21 minutes on the phone placing my order and I had to phonetically spell out the entire recipients name, church and address of delivery… multiple times I had to repeat all of this information (literally 3-4 times). The call ends, and I later receive a voicemail stating they need me to contact them about my order. I call them back, and I had to pull up the email to provide my order# and realized the recipients name, church and delivery address all had multiple errors so there’s no way this delivery would have been successful. The representative on the phone (my 2nd call) wanted to know the required delivery time (which I provided during my 1st phone call multiple times), but I provide the timeframe again and I explained the errors on my order. The representative assures me he will fix it right away and will send me a new email confirmation. I waited, but did not receive an email, so I decided to chat online because I can type out all the errors made and make sure this was corrected on their end. The chat representative had to make all of the corrections because the 2nd call representative never did what he assured me he would do. The chat representative now assures me everything matches now. Then I called to speak with a manager to provide feedback of my experience and he says he would call me back in 1 hour, but he never called me back. 5 hours later, I received a 2nd email order confirmation with all of the same errors that I had on my 1st email, so I logged into my order online and can see most of it was corrected, except the street name is still misspelled. So I call in again (3rd call) to get the street name corrected and I asked to speak with another manager because at this point I am beyond upset. I explained my entire situation and the street name was still incorrect, the manager was shocked that another manager said he would call me back and did not follow through with his commitment (to an upset customer) and agreed my experience was not good considering it was my first time using their company. This manager was very apologetic and made the correction to the street name and then sent me an email showing the correction made, and I also logged into my order online and confirmed it was also correct there. I’m thinking I am good to go now… BUT my husband noticed this morning we have 2 “pending” charges in our bank account for $160.71 each. So I called in again (4th call) and the girl tells me this is a pending charge to avoid fraud, it is not impacting my bank account and it will automatically be reversed within 3-5 business days. I can assure you this was impacting my bank because my balance in my account has been reduced TWICE (a total of $321.42)! I did another online chat and sure enough this was their explanation “After a careful review on your account, I only found one order for a total of $160.71. The other charge you see on your statement is only a pending authorization charge or a pre-authorization charge that will automatically be removed or fall off within 24 hours or within 3-5 business days depending how fast your bank processes the removal of the authorization. This is a security process to avoid fraudsters causing charge backs. As we have a lot of cases about frauds placing online using stolen credit cards, but we didn't take the actual charge, it's being held temporarily by your bank that will automatically fall off.” The chat representative told me it will automatically fall off within 7 business days, then later says within 24 hours to 3-5 business days. Good thing I have enough money to cover these 2 “pending charges” even though I only authorized 1 charge to my account and no one told me or disclosed that there would be 2 “pending” charges either. If this is their process, they definitely need to tell customers about this process so they are aware! This is such a ridiculous experience and I would never recommend using 1-800-Flowers!!!

K M Milford, MI

I ordered a cute Christmas arrangement for my aunt. What she received looked nothing like what I ordered. I contacted customer service. First they offered to re send it. Okay so far. Then they said it was no longer available. So I picked a different arrangement. That one wasn't available either. So I asked for a refund. They offered me a refund that they said was 50% because the order had been delivered. But was actually less than 50%. I requested a full refund. I was advised the florist might come pick it up if they did that. I told them that was find, because it looked awful. Finally, I was told that a full refund was being processed. However, the amount quoted was more than $10.00 less than what I paid. I objected, and finally, they agreed to a full refund. On top of everything else, the delivery was late and did not arrive on the significant date chosen for delivery. I will never use them again.

Nikki Klingler Clifton, NJ

The only reason I granted a second star is because I’ve been the RECIPIENT of a 1800-flowers order and they were lovely. But my experience as a customer is 1 stars. I ordered flowers (thanksgiving themed) 3 weeks prior to the holiday for my boyfriend’s mom to put on her dinner table. I had them set to be delivered on Wednesday so there would be no issues, and to ensure she received the flowers before/by thanksgiving. When I got the email saying the order had been delivered, my boyfriend looked all around the property (3 apartment building) and did not see them anywhere. I confirmed the address and had him look again. When I got in touch with an agent, they told me they could redeliver on Friday the earliest. Who wants thanksgiving themed flowers AFTER thanksgiving?!??? So I declined their offer to redeliver, and nicely but firmly told them I would be getting a full refund, as now it is too late for me to find somewhere to deliver to her on the day of thanksgiving. So disappointed, as these were supposed to be a host gift in my absence this year. Now I won’t be there, and neither will the flowers I spent 60+ dollars on.

Kristen Roseville, CA

I've used 1-800-Flowers at least a dozen times. They deliver quality flowers that LAST. I've never been disappointed by an arrangemets. They often send coupons for discounts as well, which is way cool.

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

Have used them a few times when needing to send flowers out of state or to clients/co-workers not in the office. I was pleased with the quality of flowers and with the customer service. They are the first name that comes to mind when needing non-local flower delivery services.

Party0f7 Macomb, MI

I have ordered from 1800-Flowers twice so far. The flowers have been good quality and I have had them delivered to people out of state. I will return to order as needed in the future.

Morgan Elijah Tallahassee, FL

I like that I was able to receive my flowers in less than 48 hours. I also love that packets that come that include food, flowers, and delivery can be a bit expensive overall. But I do recommend them because they are better than flowers in the grocery store. I also like the ability to write a note virtually.

Lakeia Brown White Plains, NY

Ordered same day delivery for a public school (I choose the school option on the website) The delivery didn’t go out until 4pm. I wouldn’t have ordered and this was a complete waste of $110. I deserve a refund for such horrible service

Eric Tompkins Saint Augustine, FL

Horrible experience, canceled night before scheduled delivery on Valentine’s Day. Ordered a week ahead of time. Customer service was horrible, broken English and literally chickens clucking in the background. Unacceptable treatment of a repeat customer. Do not use this service.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Used them once to order a bouquet for my my now wife back when we were distanced. Although she loved the flowers the photo she sent to me of them came no where near what was advertised and what I thought I'd paid for. Better off calling a local shop to wherever you want flowers delivered and they'll put together a beautiful arrangement for half the cost.

Sherry Cook Baltimore, MD

So I decided to use 1800flowers for my godmother's 91st birthday. I ordered flowers on Monday to be delivered Saturday. On Friday around 2:30pm I received an email stating my order had been delivered. Oh no...this is a gift & I paid $30.99 extra for delivery on Saturday. I found out that their delivery partner is FedEx (mind you I hate FedEx with a seething passion) and sometimes they deliver orders early due to their ground service. Had this policy been made clear to me on the website I would have never used 1800flowers because FedEx delivery is awful. The customer service reps were really helpful and tried everything in their powers to make it right. 1800flowers did offer to try and retrieve the flowers...to re-deliver on Saturday (really?). But I found out...FedEx didn't deliver the flowers to the apt door; even though it was marked as delivered. They also offered to call my godmother to confirm delivery (can you say surprise totally ruined). In addition they wanted to know if my godmother could go down two flights of steps & check outside (for god's sake she's 91🙁). All I was offered was a 50% refund on $112. They offered me a $20 credit for another order but I declined it. I have never been so disappointed in my life 😔. I live in Maryland and my godmother lives in New York. I could only get a full refund if I returned the flowers personally (not gonna happen cause we didn't get the flowers). Did I forget to mention that the flowers were never taken to her apartment even though they asked for an apt #. Yeah more than likely they were left at the front door of the building. I will never use 1800flowers again 🙄. I ended up using another company on very short notice & I'm out of an additional $121. Do better 1800flowers...sometimes your customers really depend on you to deliver 😡.

letsgogreen12 Macomb, MI

I like 1800-FLOWERS because they are always sending me discount codes since I have purchased from them in the past. I like saving money on quality products.

Autumn Lewiston, ID

My dad passed away in November of 2021. I received a package in the mail from 1800-FLOWERS. The package was sent to me by a family member in another state. I was really disappointed in my package as the flowers that were sent were not enough to even fill the vase that was sent with the flowers. I think 1800-FLOWERS can do better and at least send a bouquet of flowers that will fill the vase that was sent with the flowers.

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

There is a great selection online, beautiful arrangements shown to order but beware that you don't always get what you pay for. Your order gets passed to a local florist which fulfills and delivers it and sometimes it's what it looks like in the picture and sometimes it's not even close.

David Stickles West Jordan, UT

Great selection and while some of the bundles are pricey, you see the same rates at the other online flower retail options. Arrived on time and was easy to get what I needed. Flowers were also very close to the image and beautifully kept.

Alisa McKinney Forest, VA

I originally placed my order for a bouquet of flowers to be sent to my mother's house the saturday before Father's Day. My father passed away in August of last year and I wanted to send some red white and blue flowers to sit next to his american flag urn. I placed the order on the 18th to be delivered on the 19th. Got a delivery confirmation email stating they had been delivered, they were not. Filed for a replacement to be sent on June 22nd, got a delivery confirmation email stating they had been delivered, they were not. Filed for a replacement to be sent on June 24th, got a delivery confirmation email stating they had been delivered, they were not. At this point I was just over it and wanted a refund, thank goodness for the Customer Service Rep Shenelle. She was so nice and understanding about my frustration of three failed attempts and authorized me a full refund and a $20 coupon. Was very dissatisfied with my ordering experience, but was very pleased with Customer Service.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

1800-FLOWERS is the most recognizable brand in floral delivery. And frankly the only delivery service I use. It is dependable, punctual, and flower arrangements are handled by pros. From order top delivery-it is all worth every nickel. If a particular date is important, then 1800-FLOWERS helps make it special. I have never been disappointed.

Anna Hu Provo, UT

1800-FLOWERS makes it SO easy to deliver a gift, especially last minute. I like that the night before a special occasion, I can quickly go on, pick out a nice bouquet / gift that I like and leave a personalized message with it. I have only received positive feedback from those who have received these gifts and this company makes the whole process very quick and easy.