1800-Flowers opened in 1976 delivering flowers and gifts worldwide. For more than 30 years now this company has helped people express themselves, by offering a fine selection of flowers and arrangements. Customers can also shop though plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, stuffed animals and more items that are always great for gifting.

#1 TheBouqs.com chevron_right
2.9
#2 Avas Flowers chevron_right
#3 ProFlowers chevron_right
1.3
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Customer Service
  • Personalized Vase

1800-Flowers allows their shoppers to use a live chat tool from their website. This allows customers to get help on their orders anytime 24/7. When compared to other flower delivery companies 1800-Flowers received the best ratings in consumer review testing. This company has done a better job than most others in resolving the complaints they receive from customers.

Personalized Vase

1800-Flowers also offers a personalized vase with some of their flower orders, which is unique for flower delivery. With this feature customers can have a photo of their choice added to their arrangement.

The Bad

• Reliability
  • Complaints

Reliability

Still 1800-Flowers isn't the most reliable company out there. Consumers have made complaints about their service saying that their flowers didn't show on time, that they received the wrong color, and that they never contacted the customer to let them know if the order would be late. Customers have also had orders cancelled without knowing, then later found out it was because 1800 flowers was currently out of their request. Members generally aren't notified about any changes to their order until they responded or tried to contact 1800-Flowers to track down their delivery.

Complaints

This company has had over 200 complaints since 2008 with over $13,000 claimed losses. The average loss per customer with 1800-Flowers is $62.00.

The Bottom Line

All in all 1800-Flowers doesn't have the best reputation on the web, although they continue to work with customers to ensure orders are fulfilled and that their business is efficient. They do offer a 100% Smile Guarantee on orders, but be sure to follow and track your order well if you decide to order your flowers through 1800-Flowers. With 38 years of experience and service, 1800-Flowers offers one of the largest varieties of flowers with same/next day shipping options available.

3.1

Maegan Little
August 1st, 2019 Wickliffe, OH DETAILS

WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM 1800FLOWERS.COM ** I’ve never actually negatively reviewed a company online before. I understand things happen but their response made matters about 100x worse. My grandma passed away last Friday evening and she left ONLY ONE specific request for her funeral- that each of her grandchildren leave her 1 rose. I decided to order the flowers from 1800flowers.com because I assumed that the service they were offering was to make the arrangements with local florists for me. We only ordered 1 bouquet for on the casket and 2 dozen roses per her request. For these 2 items the total was over $400 AND I had to pay an extra fee to have a guarantee that the flowers would arrive no later than 11 am in time for the service. When we arrived the next morning at 11 am, only the casket bouquet was delivered. No one knew where the roses were. About 1 pm we left for the cemetery and had still heard nothing from 1800flowers.com. I wasn’t able to leave the funeral to try to track the flowers down or to try to find somewhere else to pick something up. At 1:57 pm, as we were sitting down for the post-service meal, I received the 1st call from 1800flowers.com. The message said “Sorry we missed the service but if you give us the family home address we’ll correct the problem by sending them there instead. Have the best day”. As I was in the middle of the meal, I didn’t know they were even trying to reach me until 2 calls and 2 emails later. The content of all messages was the same as the 1st message above - always ending with some form of “have a great day!” When I finally excused myself to reply, I emailed quickly saying there was no where else they could be delivered and I was completely appalled that they thought sending them somewhere else 3 hours later was a fine solution. I indicated then that I wanted a refund and I would call after all the activities were completed. The response I received was: “Thank you for reaching out to us. We're deeply sorry your order did not meet expectations. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you by sending your gift to the family's home. Please reply with the new delivery address and we will do everything we can to ensure your delivery arrives as scheduled.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope you'll trust us again to help you express yourself perfectly. “ This canned response was almost word for word the response I received from every email and actual conversation after that. Later that evening, it took a 23-MINUTE phone call to even get a refund for the item that was never delivered. I then had to wait another 15 minutes for them to call me back to explain I was still responsible for the part of the order that did arrive. Frankly I didn’t even care at that point about the money- I cared that they were literally just repeating themselves in a condescending way as if I was too stupid to understand. They were also totally unconcerned that the missing flowers were to be buried with my grandma. They weren’t willing to actually deliver them 2 1/2 hours away to the nearest “family home” but even if they were it’s (again) totally appalling they believed it was totally acceptable to just send them to her son’s house so for a week or so he could stare at them and be reminded they never made it to her. The point of using a service like 1800flowers.com is so THEY would coordinate my order. If I had contacted individual florists personally then it would absolutely be my problem if 1 didn’t deliver. Why else would I use them???? You’re much better off just picking a local florist from google than using 1800flowers.com. Not only will they not deliver but their response to the issue will rub salt into the wound. I spent an hour on the phone with them before I told them I was done talking about it because they clearly didn’t care. Before you order something from them just imagine that only 1/2 of your bridesmaids have bouquets for your wedding but they insist that it’s fine because they will deliver them somewhere else 3 hours after the ceremony. And they will also completely ignore the fact that delivering 1/2 of something is not even remotely acceptable. When I explained that I would have ordered nothing from them if I wasn’t going to get both items they just kept repeating the same thing and acting like that made no sense. You would think they would be jumping at the chance to make it up to myself and my family because the damage they did can literally never be fixed. Instead they wouldn’t even actually listen to anything I said or even acknowledge that what happened was terrible.

Disappointed Customer
July 31st, 2019 Belleville, NJ DETAILS

poor customer service, delivered order to the wrong place.Worst customer service to deal with. NOT helpful at all.

Unhappy customer
July 24th, 2019 Belmont, CA

Horrible!!!!I had very bad experience with delivery!!!do not deliver on time, although you pay extra.

Valynda Neal
May 16th, 2019 Summerville, SC

I'm past mad right now...I ordered my Mother-in-law & my Mom flowers on May 3rd from 1-800-flowers to be delivered May11th...the day came & went and they got nothing so I thought maybe by the 12th on Mother's Day they would get it but nothing so I called & was told they messed up but would have flowers by the 14th....what they each got are dead flowers, broken flowers & a broken vase. My Mother-in-law called to complain about the flowers only to be told replacement flowers would be delivered May 21st....my Mom called them & was told her flowers wouldn't be replaced at all. I'm so mad...I could spit right now....when I called asking for a refund I was told I would only get 50% of what I paid....when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was told they didn't have one & they would only give me 50% back company policy...I spent over $120.00 & I get only 50% back...please beware of them....unless you like dead, broken & being ripped off....

Betsy Budzinski
May 2nd, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

I ordered these on Saturday morning for same day delivery. After 15 phone calls (literally) from your company, I was notified yesterday that the flowers were never delivered. It took over an hour to get a representative on the phone and he offered me NEXT day delivery for flowers that should have been delivered 2 days ago. This is unacceptable customer service. At the time I am writing this email I have now been on the phone over 1 1/2 hours.

Preston Thayne
March 19th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS

Ordered flowers to be delivered to my wife at her work on her birthday. The site indicated that they would be delivered ON her birthday during business hours. They never came. How can they screw something like this up. They had one job to do. If they weren't going to be able to do it, they should have told me. I would have made other arrangements. It is more EVIL to agree to do a job and not do it than to simple tell me they can't do it in the first place. I attempted to get a refund using their online system and the agent told me that he could only refund part of my order because a different department handled the other part so I would have to call their 1-800 number and wait in the queue. If you sell it online, then support it online. I will NEVER use 1800flowers again.

NHsecti
February 19th, 2019 Ronkonkoma, NY DETAILS

Our office ordered flowers for a funeral, we told them it needed to be there by 2 pm. We went to the funeral home, no flowers. They did not arrive until nearly 7pm! Speaking to their customer service was like banging our head on a brick wall. They kept offering to deliver them to the persons home. well, they live alone and they are dead now. They wouldn't give us a credit or anything because "they got delivered". yeah five hours late! They needed to be there by 2pm. Somehow they could not get this. DO. NOT. USE. THIS. COMPANY!!! hard enough dealing with a loss, but to have them just blatantly refuse to give any compensation for a flower arrangement going to the funeral home when it should have, simply because it was eventually delivered (5 hours late!!!) is unacceptable.

Darius Williams
December 17th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Really great flowers and deals to choose from around holidays !

Jorden Laird
December 13th, 2018 Front Royal, VA DETAILS

This site is full service, and even has a set up to remind me of upcoming birthdays or events. The flowers always look amazing and last for longer than expected.

Matthew Carbaugh
December 11th, 2018 Herndon, VA DETAILS

Used 1 800 Flowers do deliver a bouquet for my high school sweetheart on valentines day. Ordered them 5 days before and they arrives on time! Thank you!!

Amanda Purpura
December 6th, 2018 Gibsonia, PA DETAILS

I have had mixed experiences with this company. Sometimes the flowers are perfect and exactly what was pictured or they can almost be completely different. Totally get that seasonality can play a factor with making substitutions but it shouldn't completely change from the image that was used to make a purchase. Website is very user-friendly.

Katie Kearney
November 29th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

We used this service a couple times and when the flowers were received, it always seemed like 1/4 of the bouquet was already dead/dying. Extremely disappointing and has steered me from using them again.

Eric
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I ordered some flowers for my wonderful mother last year from 1800 Flowers and she was happy with what she got. I guess thats what really matters here.

June Mann
October 29th, 2018 Canton, GA DETAILS

Why isn’t it possible to leave no stars? I ordered flowers to be delivered to a friend who was expecting grim diagnosis news. On the day of the scheduled delivery I got an email telling me the flowers were going to be delivered to a person I didn't even know. My friend was called by them at 8am, and then the caller abruptly hung up. I called and was assured it was an error that had been resolved, and my order would be delivered as scheduled. Three days, and many emails later, the order has still not been delivered. Their correspondence during this time promised “smiles” and delivery that day. I am devastated the support I’d intended for my friend did not arrive. I’m mad they kept promising me they were working on the delivery, because I could easily have ordered from a more dependable company.

Tori Miller
September 25th, 2018 Draper, UT

I used this service to send flowers to a friend who was going through a hard time, who lived far away. They got delivered at the time they said they would and my friend loved them. They were easy to order online, and although the price was a little high, it was very convenient and were delivered the same day.

L Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

The flowers that we have ordered from 1800-Flowers have been beautiful and delivered well wrapped. They were fresh and lasted a long time.

Thomas Hullinger
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

An easy way to buy flowers for all occasions.

Anna Hu
July 23rd, 2018 Provo, UT

1800-FLOWERS makes it SO easy to deliver a gift, especially last minute. I like that the night before a special occasion, I can quickly go on, pick out a nice bouquet / gift that I like and leave a personalized message with it. I have only received positive feedback from those who have received these gifts and this company makes the whole process very quick and easy.

Sara Jane
July 19th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

I do find 1800 Flowers better than most, but the delivery fees and price are still well out of where they should be. Bouquets seem much smaller in person than online.

Vickie Kingsford
July 10th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

We use 1800 flowers for Mother's Day flowers every year. For the most part we have been happy with their service, but be careful when you add any extras on to your order. We ordered chocolates to go with our flowers this year and there was NO chocolates delivered with the flowers!

Juliet
July 6th, 2018 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

flowers that my husband has order for me we’re very fresh.

Monai West
July 5th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

Received flowers from my husband. Fresh, smelled great and lasted a couple weeks.

James Crawley
June 12th, 2018 New York, NY

I've used this service a number of times...mainly for valentines day and its been fine. They contract with local florists so its not this company that actually fulfills orders. My only complaint is that they are super expensive...you can normally get a better price somewhere else. But they are reliable and the arrangements have always been nice.

Tom
June 11th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They are still a very easy way to order flowers. They could have a better internet presence, but still do the trick.

Kip Fowler
June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

When I have purchased flowers for my wife or family members, they have always been beautiful and the card that is included says just what I asked to be written. They are often delivered in a nice box and instructions of how to put them in a vase properly.

Avery Fowler
May 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

When I need a bouquet sent to someone that lives far away, this has been a company I use and trust. They deliver quality products at affordable prices.

H Moore
May 29th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I've used 1800-Flowers many times. Even when I call a florist directly, I find that 180-Flowers is just as great of a deal.

Elyse
May 16th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I placed an order on May 7th for Mother's Day Delivery. On May 12th, I received confirmation to my email that the order was delivered. When I checked with my mom on May 13th, she said she had not received the flowers. I called customer service on May 13th (Mother's Day in the afternoon) and they said the confirmation of delivery I had received had been in error and that the flowers were out for delivery and would be delivered by 8pm that day. Flowers never arrived. Shortly after 8pm on May 13th, I spoke to a customer service rep that expressed SO MUCH regret that 1-800-flowers had messed this up so bad. She said that the flowers would be delivered on May 14th and I would be refunded in full since I had such a poor experience and the flowers never made it by Mother's Day. Flowers never arrived May 14th. Today, I called 1-800-flowers and asked when the flowers would be delivered. The rep explained that since I had received a refund, the flowers would not be delivered. I asked to speak to a manager and was put on hold for about 10 minutes and then was hung up on. I emailed with customer service following that and they said they would not be delivering the flowers. Then I received an email that they were working on redelivery! The flowers never came. Never ever use 1-800-flowers. Worst service pretty much ever.

Tom Rhoton
May 1st, 2018 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Lots of local shops fulfill your order so the flowers are fresh when delivered. Better than making and shipping them.

Michelle Hawker
April 24th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I have had good and not so good experiences. I think it just depends on the florist they happen to use. One order (for a funeral), flowers were lovely. An order for another occasion did not resemble what I had asked for and lasted only a couple days. Sorry, I think I will just call a local florist directly in the future

Brian Wilkins
February 20th, 2018 Divide, CO DETAILS

Don't deliveron time. Customer service is pathetic. Reps speak little to no English.

Ken
November 20th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

The prices are good, the product options are good, the customer service is good, the online experience is good, but the quality of the flowers is sometimes poor. 800-flowers will always make good on their guarantee, but you can't really recover from wilting flowers.

Breanna Jones
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We sent my mother-in-law flowers for Mother's Day. They were delivered on time and she said they were beautiful. Shipping is a little expensive but their prices were comparable with similar companies.

GWEN
April 20th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

1800-FLOWERS looks very appealing. However, they are not in control and their local vendors can be great or absolutely terrible. I ordered a large, beautiful sympathy bouquet for my best friend's funeral. I ordered it a day and a half before the funeral. It cost nearly $200 and was supposed to be the large. The bouquet that arrived was smaller then the dimensions of the small size listed, almost an hour late, and heavily damaged. The flowers were substandard, with very few roses and lilies; mostly daisies, carnations, and damaged snap dragons. Very, very disappointed.