P90x Logo
P90X is another beachbody.com supplied fitness program led by celebrity personal trainer, Tony Horton, as a successor to Power 90. This program was designed to take already fit individuals to the next phase of physical endurance and performance.

The Good

• Great workouts
  • Nutritional food guide
What we enjoy about this program is that it works. If you put in the time, it works. The moves are simple, not to be confused with easy, and individuals can get a solid, gym level workout in the comfort of their own homes, without the fear judgment or embarrassment by not being able to complete the moves as others so. We enjoy Tony Horton because he is fun to workout with, keeping members motivated, on track, and adding his own sense of humor lightening things up. The nutritional food guide has "real" foods that can be easily found, even in some of the smallest of residential areas. Recipes are included, taking the guess work out of what, and how, to prepare. Members may also be please to find their blog and community support websites also have an array of health and nutritional advice ranging from more recipes to the latest trends in fashion and beauty. While the price can seem a little daunting, in the end, we found it to be quite fair for what comes in the package. The largest package totaling $369.45 includes:
  • 12 DVD's, including introductory video
  • Nutritional guide filled with recipes
  • Detailed fitness plan and calendar
  • Support group access
  • 30-day supply of their post workout drink
  • 3 resistance bands
  • 5 additional "Plus" workouts
  • Power Stands (equipment)
  • Chin-up bar
When incorporating each of these factors into a fitness routine, consumers may find this is worth more than paying monthly fees at a gym.

The Bad

• Long and strenuous
  • Long fitness program
We get that working out can be a chore, especially in the beginning of a fitness plan. Lacing up those sneakers is one of the hardest things to do. Within P90X members will find workouts can be long and strenuous, especially for novice performers which this program is not recommended. Workouts range from one hour to one and half hours with some complaining the length of time to complete one workout is simply too much, stating half the workout delivered similar results. Also, to get all the extra and exclusive features, members must make their purchase from beachbody.com, leaving those searching for a less costly option out of the circle.

The Bottom Line

P90X's program is not for the faint of heart. Daily workouts can stretch up to an hour and half, although it's possible to complete half the workout, if time is a factor, while still reaping the benefits of a good routine. For some it may seem costly, however after crunching some numbers, we found it is worth the price. For those who want to focus on dropping pounds of fat while building muscle and gaining strength, all in a rigorous 6-day a week plan, this is certainly an option to consider.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

P90x has proven to be demanding, excruciating, and worth it in all the right ways. While challenging, the performance is tracked and exceeded in a very precise way. Everything is geared for performance success. The trainers are expert at fitness and motivation. There is no other product in the fitness market as committed to improvement of self than P90x. It cannot be recommended enough!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I used both P90x P90x 2 for about 3 years. It's an easy way to follow a program that you can do in your basement with the proper equipment. All you need is a doorway pull up bar & some barbells & you can get an hour workout in all week long. For me it's easy to stay on a program when following along with someone on the video. I think Tony does a great job and I highly recommend P90x to anyone out there looking to stay in shape & not worry about having to program any workouts yourself. Just push play and follow along.

Alyssa Rowlett, TX

Great purchase. You see results especially if you stay committed. My husband and I love working out together doing P90x. We can fit it into our crazy schedules and we actually look forward to doing it because we know it works. We love the variety it provides in exercises and the varying levels provided so we can both do it at the same time but have options for the intensity that works best for our individual needs.

Jacinda E Sandy, UT

P90X-3 has been the best thing for me as a mom. I graduated in exercise science at USU and I love how this workout program helps to improve all three aspects of fitness: speed, flexibility, and strength. What is so nice about the program is that it is only 30 minutes a day!! Plus there isn't a need for a tone equipment. All one needs is a couple of dumbells, a pull up bar, and a DVD player. Thanks to P-90X 3 I got down to my lowest weight since Jr. High before I had my second child and am confident I can do it again.

Cade Boudreaux , FL

P90X my favorite fitness program. Every single time I use P90X, I feel like I’m getting my butt whooped into shape and the instructors motivate you to be better every single rep.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

the whole family did P90x a few years ago and we loved it, Tony is a great personal trainer and really knows how to keep you going. I think this is the best workout plan because it has a lot of variety and works the whole body and doesn't just do cardio

Nicholas Genes Los Angeles, CA

It has everything you need except the motivation. This fitness program will do its job great if you can convince yourself to put in the effort. I was seeing results without changing much of anything else. Very tough to keep up!

cb Irving, TX

P90X is the best fitness program out there! The trainers are very energetic and motivating! I lost 10 pounds and thank P90X for pushing me to live a healthier lifestyle.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

The workout programs of P90x were great to push me, some of the exercises were really advanced but overall the program itself is great. I can see for someone who followed it 100% to see big results.

Aaron Paxman Lehi, UT

I really enjoyed the workout videos that I could do from home. The shakeology drink was expensive but I lost a lot of weight with its use. My online coach was helpful and kept me accountable with my goals.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

P90x Offers a variety of workouts, and they even included yoga which is actually quite challenging! If you don’t have a lot of time to work out, this is a great routine to follow!

Blake Wilcox Salt Lake City, UT

My fiance and love P90X. The workouts are super hard and they always leave you feeling great about yourself. And now there is a website where you can stream P90X videos for free.

James Crawley New York, NY

I signed up for a free trial a few months ago and was really excited to try P90x. I did it for a few work outs but then the app wouldn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it was still really buggy. It seemed really low quality which surprised me given how easy it is to have a nice app and how expensive a membership is. I think the actual work outs were great but the delivery was poor.

Landon Robison Layton, UT

P90x is a great workout and it is really easy and convenient. I used my dad's copy so I'm not sure how great the price is, but the workouts were excellent.

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

P90x helped me get shredded in no time. It was very difficult, but the results spoke for themselves.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I love P90x. The workouts are tough but somehow still enjoyable! No complaints - just sore muscles and results!

Sadie Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

My dad did P90X for a very long time, but never saw a difference. It doesn't seem like it works so I don't think I will ever use it.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

While I can't do all the exercises, I love the option of working out from home and feeling like I had a personal session with a trainer.

Sheryl Wilson Salt Lake City, UT

This is as decent exercise program that produces results. However, Tony talks way to much. I would finally just mute his voice.

Suzanna Wootton Springville, UT

The workouts are killer. You will for sure be sore the next day.

Tysen Rohner Gilbert, AZ

Great workout disc compilation that does a good job at helping you get in shape.

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

Great workouts, but if you really want to be shredded, you've got to follow the clean diet they give you.

Erin Rhoton Pleasant Grove, UT

P90x has great workouts! Tony keeps it interesting and I always get a great sweat on.

Alaina Gull Falmouth, ME

It's tough. Really works. I think it is a better fit for men. I especially got good results with the ab workout.

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

I like this company, because the instructors are real people that have used this company.

Chase Rohner Gilbert, AZ

P90x really makes you work hard and get into shape.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

This is a great workout if you don't have access to a gym.