Insanity Logo
Many people have seen the infomercials on this total body transformation program and millions have responded by attempting it. Insanity is a 60 day, two-phase, full body, core conditioning workout program created by former track-and-field star, now celebrity fitness trainer, Shaun T, with a bold promise to deliver one year worth of results in as little as 60 days.

The Good

• Body condition
  • Nutrition plans
This program was created to deliver gym like results only by utilizing the body for conditioning. Gyms or fitness accessories such as weights and resistant bands are not required. Members will receive a 9 DVD disc series incorporating every part of the body on alternate days, with a schedule of 6 days a week. This program is fairly priced for the results it promises to deliver. Customers purchasing this program will receive two bonus workouts: Shaun T's Fit Test, providing members an assessment of their current condition, and Core Cardio and Balance, for additional sports-ready conditioning. Along with the DVD's, members will receive access to a support helping them stay motivated along their fitness journey. Also included is a nutrition plan with recipes and educational information on the what, why, how's, and when to eat providing a clear path to the science behind nutrition and workouts. At one time this program offered a 30 day money back guarantee should members be unsatisfied with their results or any other portion of the program. Now, they have extended this guarantee to a full 60 days, allowing members to complete the entire program. Members who have completed the full 60 day course have the option to send in before and after pictures along with the receipt, packing slip, a personal picture with the Insanity kit, and the credit card statement which will render them a T-shirt sating "I Earned It." On the homepage there is a link with the entry form. Many Insanity members have chosen to do this as a way to motivate them to complete the course, as the T-shirt can be compared to a trophy for their dedicated efforts of accomplishment.

The Bad

• Limited meditational material
  • Intensity level of program
One of the greatest downfalls to this program is there are minimal educational materials offered, as Shaun T has stated he wants to "see you ripped, not reading." This may not be a huge disappointment for intermediate athletes, who have mastered the whys and hows. However for novice performers, instructional information and guided materials would be handy tools to get them through such a rigorous routine. Another potential downfall is the intensity level of the program. This is truly an intense training program not designed for everyone. It has been formulated for intermediate and advanced fitness level performers. It is not uncommon for novice performers to injure themselves while attempting these workouts. Hamstrings will get strained, weak knees will become weaker, lungs and hearts can pump so fiercely that medical attention is required. During our first attempt at this program a couple of years ago, we found that it was challenging just keeping up during the warm-up session. Heart rates were sky high and soaking sweat levels kicked in within 2 minutes. The next few days were excruciating. We cannot reiterate enough that it is imperative to be in some sort of healthy endurance and physical shape before beginning this program. For those who wish to disregard this message, we highly suggest consulting a physician before undergoing this workout and nutritional program.

The Bottom Line

After our research and attempts at this product we find it to be considerable for intermediate and advanced training level performers. The intensity is insane, as promised in the title of the program, only taking 60 days to complete a full round with results to show for. With the amount of product coming in this package, we find it to be fairly priced and could meet many personal budgets.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Insanity has an edge that no one else has. It's hyper challenging for hyper success. The hard driving and energetic fitness routines are intense but so worth the results. Trainers are well educated experts that know how to motivate and guide a person to better fitness. Insanity, in my opinion, leads the fitness industry in what results should be.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

Insanity changed my life! At first it was the craziest and hardest thing I have ever done. I love that it's not about doing your exercise for a certain number of reps, but instead it is for a certain length of time and you do the exercise as many times as you can in that time frame. It is perfect for beginners because of this, but is also perfect for those who are in shape or have done Insanity for a long time. You are still able to push yourself and become better. I would recommend this to everyone!

Alicia Ventura Lyndhurst, NJ

Beachbody and Insanity are absolutely the best thing in the world! The program does so much good and you don't need any weights to do it. I can do it right in front of my television in the comfort of my own home at any time day or night. This is legit the best product I've ever used. So far, I'm down about 30 lbs and I couldn't have done it without Shaun T. He's amazing!!

Cade Boudreaux Irving, TX

I used to use insanity over the summers back when i was in high school. This program can definitely change your body if you keep it up with it. The instructors are highly motivating and push you to keep going almost like you’re actually in with them in real life.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I have done insanity and it really stressed me out! Haha! Don't get me wrong, I love HIIT workouts but the super loud alarm buzzer thing was too much and it felt like a scary bootcamp not a fun HIIT workout.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Insanity makes it easy to get ripped up at home! Sometimes I can’t make it to the gym and an insanity workout is just that! This will definitely get your heart pumping

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

Insanity is great for building cardio strength and lean muscle. I'd definitely recommend it. It's serious stuff!

Darbles32 Managua, MN

My goodness I have never been so out of breath in my life but it was a very good workout in not a lot of time

Sheryl Wilson Salt Lake City, UT

This program is way to intense for novice exercisers. Shaun T does motivate you though.