Vasa Logo

8.0

Founded on November 15, 2014, Vasa Gym is a Utah-based fitness center chain focused on providing an inspiration fitness experience to all types of consumers, for all skill levels, with a mission to uplift anyone who walks through the doors through fun, happy fitness. Vasa has 23 locations across Utah with a brand promise of having the best gym prices in the state. The word “Vasa” comes from the Latin term for “vessel.” Vasa Fitness currently has over 150,000 gym family members in Utah and opened its doors to eight new facilities in Colorado, one in Kansas, and one in Oklahoma.

Planet Fitness Logo
#1 Planet Fitness chevron_right
3.7
Gold's Gym Logo
#3 Gold's Gym chevron_right
3.2
YMCA Logo
#4 YMCA chevron_right

The Good

• Price and contracts
  • Vasa buddy pass
  • Childcare services
  • Upfront fees
  • Classes
  • Trainers and nutrition
  • Other available amenities

Price and Contracts

Memberships can be purchased as low as $9.99 monthly for the basic plan; however, basic plans do not come with access to fitness classes, group fitness, or personal trainers. For those seeking classes and other amenities such as child care and access to ball courts, intramural activities, and steam rooms, the fitness plus plan at $21.99 monthly would be the best option. If you are interested in taking your fitness to the next level with a number of team training sessions and InBody composition scans, you can invest in the Vasa Fit plan with a monthly fee of $49.99 per month. This plan does not require an initiation fee and the 1st month is free while you make sure that it is something that you are interested in.

Vasa Buddy Pass

It is not uncommon for people to want to be able to bring a friend or family member with them to the gym. Vasa provides the opportunity for members to pay an extra $15.99 per month for unlimited access for guests. Each time that you attend the gym or facility, you are able to bring 2 guests with you. Your guest pass will provide them access to the facility

Childcare Services

Child Care is $3.00 per 90 minutes per visit or $10 per month for the first child and $5 per month each additional child added. (It must be set up through automatic billing at the club). There are also additional charges for picking up your child late. Racquetball is complimentary for all Vasa memberships except Basic. An additional $10.00 guest fee will be charged per participant if they are not a VASA Member or if they are a Basic member. Overall, we found Vasa's membership fees to be much more affordable than many of their competitors whose monthly fees can get as high as $150 or more.

Upfront Fees

There have not been any complaints online regarding upfront fees for any of Vasa's membership packages. We found many gyms require upfront fees upon joining/signing up for a membership with fees as high as $300. With such low monthly fees to begin with, Vasa beats the competition in this regard. Enrollment in the basic membership requires a $49.00 enrollment fee and the fitness and vasa fit plans do not have extra fees.

Classes

Each Vasa Fitness center offers independent classes ranging from cycling, pilates, and Zumba, to HIIT, R.I.P.P.E.D. and Power Pump, and water-exercise programs such as aerobics and Zumba. Vasa is the only fitness center offering CardioCinema, allowing runners to watch movies during their workout. Members can enjoy a vast array of fitness options such as aerobic classes, cardio equipment, cardio cinema rooms, free weights and strength training machines, private personal training, and group fitness sessions. Customers across the board are pleased with the number and selection of classes offered.

Trainers and Nutrition

Exclusive access to personal trainers is available for members at an additional fee. Sessions are 60 minutes and trainers provide education on the use of equipment, cardio exercise, supplements, weight lifting, resistance training, and healthy lifestyle nutrition tips. Vasa takes an innovative approach by using a Visual Fitness Planner which assess the likelihood of contracting various diseases and cancer, calculates chronological age against seven health risk factors determining a "true health age," as well as showing members a 3D image of their bodies' potential change through weight loss and muscle growth.

Another aspect setting Vasa apart is its attempt to make a difference in local communities by charitable donations and programs helping families and individuals get and stay healthy. Vasa offers free weekend passes to anyone coming in, in hopes to attain new clientele. Previously yearly passes have been given to winners of nominated families who communities deem deserving. The gym also provides a blog on its company website educating consumers with healthy tips as well as information on trainers.

Other Available Amenities

Other amenities the company offers at their fitness centers include pool, Jacuzzi, tanning, hot tub, sauna, tennis courts, massage beds, daycare, free weights area, and functional strength training areas. Depending on the location, there may be one or more amenities that are not offered. We found this to be a downside, since the majority of the locations are in the same state/region. A plus is the variety of amenities offered. Many of the fitness centers we reviewed had the basic pool, Jacuzzi, and sauna. The wide variety of amenities that Vasa offers are typically for more expensive high end gyms.

The Bad

• Hidden fees
  • Vasa membership cancellation
  • Equipment
  • Cleanliness

Hidden Fees

Vasa also charges penalty fees if a member sets up automatic payments and the card used doesn't function properly. A $40 fee will be charged, even while not being under contract. Make sure that your card is working and that you are in touch with customer service if you are concerned with being overcharged. The sooner you get in, the better your chance of being helped. If you are looking to cancel your membership you will be charged $40 on top of the other monthly fees or contract fees that you will need to pay. An annual fee of $39.99 is charged each year which is considered the "rate guarantee fee". Vasa should work to factor these costs into the monthly price instead of making the cancellation process more confusing.

Vasa Membership Cancellation

According to several dissatisfied customer complaints scattered on the web, once under contract there is simply no possible way to get out of it, not even with cold hard cash, unless members can provide proof they have moved outside of a 25-mile radius of each of their 33 gym locations. Once proof has been provided, there is still the chance that fees for service during the closing of the account will be charged. When you contact your local gym or Vasa customer service to cancel, make sure that you know exactly you will be required to pay upon cancellation.

Equipment

Equipment for most Vasa locations is fairly new and the gyms are large and well-maintained. Some customers have complained that there aren't enough machines to handle busy high-traffic hours (i.e. after work crowd). Also, some gym locations have old or broken equipment. For example, one customer complained to the Vasa management on three separate occasions about the broken stationary bikes in their CardioTheater which were Out of Order or in a poor state of functioning. Having to wait to use equipment during rush hours is a common issue we found for many fitness centers in addition to the equipment being old, broken or outdated. This still puts Vasa at less-than-excellent in this area.

Cleanliness, Sunday Closures

Vasa's cleanliness policy states that if a piece of equipment is broken or an area of the gym is not clean, for members to report it to the front desk immediately. Many have complained of the sanitary situation at some facilities stating the floors are covered with dirt and hair for days. Other complaints have been made about safety issues, having power cords and strips showing open wires, providing proof on social media sites. Complaints of doors not opening on time, causing members to request a prorated amount for membership costs. Many members including students have also complained of the hours of operation in Utah County and facilities being closed on Sundays.

The Bottom Line

Throughout several member reviews, most customers thoroughly enjoy Vasa Fitness for its low prices. If consumers are looking to solely utilize the gym equipment, a basic membership is more than fairly priced. According to members, the flip side of the low pricing is that you get what you pay for. Recently newer fitness equipment has been installed in several locations to replace the broken equipment. The broad array of classes offered make it worth overlooking some of the gym's flaws.

Other strengths are Vasa's personal training program and additional amenities-which are generous for the inexpensive monthly price. Gyms are not open 24 hours and each have different hours of operation, which can be a downfall to some. There have also been complaints concerning the cleanliness of the facility. The major one being dirty floors that have not been swept in days. Overall, this fitness facility has many attributes their competitors offer, making it an easy decision for curious consumers to step inside and find out if it fits their fitness goals and lifestyle needs.

3.6

Ency Salt Lake City, UT

West Jordan VASA does not enforce handicapped parking spots. Sadly, handicapped people have no parking spot because they are taken by selfish, lazy people claiming to be healthy, fit, but lazy to walk more than 20 feet. VASA will not do anything to help, so if you are handicapped do not go there. Also, this VASA is dirty, we picked up germs from their bathroom floor. The swimming pool area smells like urine.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Vasa is the nicest gym I have ever worked out at! There are so many different machines and equipment. I absolutely love working out there!! Lovely staff as well

Bruce Smith Dallas, TX

Looks good. Is clean. Only issue is hidden fees not mentioned while signing the contract. It took forever to get a hold of anyone to resolve the issue. The 3-4 individuals at the gym I tried dealing with appeared to be airheads/had no clue other than the very basics of the job. Also, it (like most gyms today) doesn't allow a cash option. A supervisor told me it's supposed to be for convenience for us...? Umm, cash up front or month to month is VERY convenient. The only possible reason is, it would be too easy to cancel and thus, they couldn't charge extra/fees, etc.

Levi Egbert Midvale, UT

Vasa is the most basic and poorly run gym. Equipment is always taken and when it’s not it is broken. They have their hidden fees and get you to sign up and canceling is pretty difficult. I would go to any other gym if there were any in Utah. EōS fitness is coming making new locations and I go there when I’m in the Salt Lake county area but anything south of that sadly is vasa. There locations and dirty with equipment basically inches apart for their tiny locations. Draper is tiny, American fork is poorly lit, disgusting and run down. Basically if you can avoid this gym do it but if it’s your only option then they own your soul or your gonna be paying money to get out of there. Just think wisely before you have to sign up. They really try to force the more expensive passes on you. It’s definitely not just $10 a month. Comes out more to like $27 a month with how they sell it. Deceptive advertising and awful customer service. Can’t imagine they’ll survive if another gym chain popped up

Theodore P Pueblo, CO

Started 3 months ago, 3 days in and I upgraded to personal training. Blake (Colorado Springs) is magical in his abilities to improve your fitness! (If you put the work in). I since upgraded to the Studio plan so I can do ALL the classes. After 22 years active duty Army, and about 5/6 different gyms, VASA Fitness is hands down the BEST there is. Amazing staff, always helpful and encouraging!

Justice Beazer CA

They kept charging my card $25 a day and when I went to talk to someone they said there’s nothing on my account as to why they’re charging my account that especially daily when I have just the basic plan. So I called and Vasa customer service transferred me to paramount services or whatever their billing company is and they want me to pay another $25 to cancel it like don’t go to this gym it seems really good at first but it’s terrible

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

VASA is a decent gym with good equipment and there is a lot of the same stuff so you don't have to wait around a long time to use it. However, there are a few fees that are annoying and seem very unnecessary. There is a $50 fee right when you sign up, if you cancel early then there is another $50, and then they charge you $50 every year after that and they give some reason that doesn't make sense. The pool is only three lanes and they don't have flags so if you are a swimmer and want to do backstroke, prepare to hit your head many times.

Psalms 27 Psalms 13 Colorado Springs, CO

I so far love the gym it's good plus you anywhere you aren't going to pay that same price guaranteed and I love to go there because of everyone minds there business pretty much, workout and so far the staff is super friendly I'm a little shy lol. And overall since the covid19 these guys have a wipe down rule and six feet rule everyone keeps their distance pretty much in a sense and I think scheduling helps with the amount of people coming in and keeps you on your toes instead of being lazy you need to be there on time type sense. No offense I love the women there as well and jerseys and shirts they sell there I wish they had more designs and other stuff they sell maybe I would buy a jersey or two actually on payday I'm getting a green one to be exact. I love this place really the equipment is the best and if you ask me yes a little more equipment wouldn't hard to ask for.

Adam Labrum ,

I like Vasa because they have a variety of machines and things which allow me to do the workouts I want. They have a friendly staff who are always willing to help.

Stacie Walker Clearfield, UT

My Vasa gym in Layton, Utah is conveniently located five minutes from my house and has great hours. It has the necessary equipment for me to get a good full body work out in. The facility could do a better job keeping machines in working order and wipes full. The reason I love Vasa is because of my trainer, Vu T. I joined the gym to get ready for my wedding & honeymoon this past July but, to also learn proper technique and safety. I am lucky enough to be paired with Vu who puts those two things at the forefront of his training sessions. Vu challenges me, makes me laugh and has catered to my specific fitness level and goals. I look forward to going to the gym and seeing how much stronger I can be.

Anna Hu Provo, UT

I have gone through quite a number of gyms, but my experience with Vasa has definitely been the best. Through Vasa, I have gotten the cheapest gym membership with the most services. While other gyms I have been to have been upwards of $50 a month, my current Vasa pass allows me to go to ANY Vasa gym and attend any class for only $20 a month. I love the Vasa classes they provide, as they always have great trainers leading them and leave me feeling worked out well. They have everything I would ever need, and enough machines that I am generally not kept waiting. The staff is very nice and reliable, and overall I love the Vasa gyms.

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

I have not had great customer service when it comes to freezing/canceling my membership. The facility itself is nice but is often dirty and usually the spin bikes I like to use are broken. They have courts for racket ball, basketball etc but don't let you rent out gear which is frustrating. The gym is also always so crowded I can't have person space to do my exercises.

Dan G. Lehi, UT

Gym is alright if you use it. Try to cancel? youll pay fees upon fees. The annual fee to "lock in your rate" will also be charged again before cancelling. Why charge you to keep your rate for another year if you are cancelling anyway? well. Because they can. VASA should be sued for not giving a contract to the customer when requested or giving access to it at any point. The stated that they do not have access to send them because it's all handled on their website. Everything is so locked down customer service is horribly unhelpful. Avoid this gym at all costs. I dont know why but I've had an account with them 3 times throughout the years and have to remind myself how the low cost is a lie, how the customer service is horrible, how the fees are astronomical and after cancelling they keep charging you!, how their billing is handled is a joke that no one can alter, and a whole lot more If you work out and use the gym, it's a great deal. if you want to cancel do it at least 6 months before you want it to end. You will have to deal with problem after problem and fee after fee. My wife is trying to cancel right now and has an $89 fee to cancel. They will not waive it. This is their "we are reducing it to $89 to be nice" fee.

Nicole Woody Oklahoma City, OK

VASA has the worst customer service. I go in for help and they tell me to email someone because they can’t do anything in the store, but you can’t find an email anywhere online. VASA sent an email out on 3/17/2020 saying that they were going to freeze all accounts. Then on 5/27/2020 they send another email out saying everything was open. I glanced through the email and didn’t notice anything about everyone being charged. Well they did charge me, for two months, and I didn’t go to the gym because I was under the impression my account was still frozen. I went back and checked the email and at the bottom there was a short sentence about everyone being charged. Shady. I go in and tell them the situation so one of the workers helps me freeze my account and says if I unfreeze it and freeze it again it will cost me $25, or I can just leave it frozen. So I did. He also told me there was nothing he could do about my account being charged but to email someone, but he gave me no email. I got a new phone recently so I downloaded the app and logged in again and couldn’t find an email, so I had to do the online chat with someone. Turns out that they UNFROZE MY ACCOUNT WITH NO WARNING. She tried to tell me it was a three month freeze only. I didn’t even do it. The male employee froze it for me and said nothing about it being frozen for only three months. They were shady and charged me for 4 months of a gym membership that I didn’t use because I was under the impression my account was frozen. Basically the response I got was oh well. She finally credited my account for 1 month, even though it should have been for 4. I will be canceling my membership the second my one month credit begins since you must have 30 days notice.

Hillary Young New York, NY

I froze my VASA account back in September. At the beginning of January I was charged the monthly fee. When I called, I was informed it was because a freeze could only last 90 days, which I was never informed of. I was given zero notice that my 90 days was going to run out or that my account was going to be charged again. At this point I decided to cancel all together and was told I would still have a charge come out in February. It is completely ridiculous and I only see it as stealing money from customers, as I moved away and live nowhere close to a VASA gym. There should be no reason to charge me in January and February for a service I cannot even use. Completely unethical.

David Meppen Tooele, UT

When 24 Hour closed in Utah apparently they sent all of our information to vasa who auto enrolled me in their gym without any knowledge or notification. I just got a legal notice today letting me know I owe Vasa a large amount of money. I never signed anything, I never accepted anything, I never allowed vasa to enroll me and I never stepped foot in one of their gyms. Vasa, Paramount Acceptance (their payment processor), as well as the legal group have all told me I have to pay it with no legal grounds and will continue to escalate it until I do. I just lost my job. I can barely afford to live right now, and then vasa does this. I can’t be the only one this happened to either, since 24 hour sent everyone’s info to them. You are a complete rip off of a company with no ethical or moral values who is profiting off the financially weak while they’ve already been through enough this year.

Yolanda Briganti Riverton, UT

The Vasa in Riverton Utah has been really busy when I've gone. The Hi fitness classes were fun and engaging and a good workout. I thought the music was a little too loud but so it was. They had a free personal training session for signing up and for some reason at the end of that I felt like I was going to throw up. I pushed too hard. I have to be careful. The pool was quite small so I switched to the Rec. Center because I was having to turn to much in the pool.

Shante Reeder Draper, UT

VASA is awesome. When my kids were younger, I took them both to KidCare and they never wanted to leave. They have a huge variety of classes to choose from, and a really great selection of equipment. The only reason I am not leaving a 5 star review is that it can be pretty packed and difficult to use the equipment you need.

Kaysha Love Las Vegas, NV

Love this gym, this gym is not only a judge free zone but its also gym that offers so many things from personal trainers to fun classes. This gym utilizes every aspect of creating a positive impactful gym experience. They have any and all equipment you may need to have a successful workout.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Vasa is my current gym and my only gym. It offers convenient locations, expert guidance, and clean and modern equipment. Value far outweighs the cost and Vasa has proven to be more valuable to my health than just about everything else out there! Go Vasa!

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

This gym is way above the rest of the gyms out there. You will pay for what you get but your Vasa gym will offer you programs, facilities and cleanliness that you will NOT see elsewhere. When VASA is busy, there will still be machines, weights & equipment available. The locker rooms on site are also very well presented, clean & in order. I am very impressed with the teachers for all of the different classes as well as the day care center they provide.

Hannah Pleasant Grove, UT

I've been a member of VASA for more than a year now. No complaints. The extent of what they offer is impressive and I enjoy being there. It's clean and well-staffed. I recently started using their KidCare and am happy with the $15 flat fee per month no matter how many days I use it.

Natalia Klamut Arvada, CO

VASA is a great gym for a great price. Staff is super friendly and they have a wide variety of machines for all workout needs (cardio, weights, etc). Staff is always making sure the general area and individual workout machines are clean. Overall, the environment was always very welcoming, even if you new to working out. The only downside I have is that I had to cancel my membership before moving. They make this process very difficult so as to not lose customers. If you called the line given for cancellations, they would pester with questions and try to keep you as a member. Only way to successfully cancel was to go into the gym and do it in person.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Vasa is great. Ive been going to Vasa for the past 18 months. I dont feel intimidate there because there’s a lot of people who are in my same physical condition. Not everyone there is buff and ripped, so I dont feel ashamed when I’m working out. The instructors are super cool and super patient. The facilities are pretty nice and the equipment is much better than some of the community rec centers Ive worked out at. It’s a little more expensive than working out at the rec centers, but not by much. Also they have lots more classes which make working out more intense and more enjoyable.

Malia Barnes Salt Lake City, UT

I go to the Vasa in Saratoga Springs Utah. It is only about four years old. With the stuff it’s a hit and miss. If there are a lot of them behind the desk you have to fight to get their attention because they’re all gathered around talking to each other. Friday nights are the best time to go there’s not many people there. I have the fitness pass and access to the massage tables and tanning beds. I love starting every workout with a massage and warming myself in a tanning bed in the winter. I do wish there was a dress code. Sports brakes are underwear and should have some sort of shirt over them If you need to do anything to your account or make a payment they can’t do anything at the desk, you have to call and customer service and sit on hold forever

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

My family has been going to this gym for years. They offer spin classes, aerobic classes, and all kinds of fitness classes that can help you to get into shape. They also have tons of equipment that can help you get stronger. Another perk is that they have a daycare right on site that watches the little ones while you work out. I love this gym! I wouldn't go to any other gym. So awesome! love it! so much fun to go to!!!

Ashley Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I currently have a Vasa fitness membership in Utah and love it! There is a variety of fitness classes offered as well as a pool, sauna, hot tub and pool. I also like the hours of the open gym basketball court to just go shoot around if I want. There are convenient locations to my school and home and it is never too crowded. It is very affordable to join as well. I would highly recommend anyone who enjoys getting out to a nice gym, especially in the winter here in Utah.

Hannah Thompson South Jordan, UT

The only complaint I have for vasa is how crowded it is. I love the variety of machines and different facilities (sana, steam room, pool, tanning, basketball courts, etc.) but it can get very busy very fast. It is the gym I go to and I love going because the environment is good and the machines are clean. The workers are also very nice and helpful!

Seth Schellenberg Lehi, UT

Going to vasa was a better experience before all of their locations got overcrowded. The could easily have twice the amount of gyms and still be totally full.

Mark Jensen Saint George, UT

We joined Vasa and Canceled the membership within the 3-day window. 3 months later, I found out they have been Charging us monthly and had charged us the $75 fee to keep the $20 per month rate. I contacted them showed them it was canceled, and all they would do is wave the $25 cancellation fee and didn't care that we had already canceled. We will never be back and will make sure to tell friends to stay away. There are local gyms that care about their customers. Vasa only cares about the money. Stay away.

Emily Indianapolis, IN

I loved VASA when I joined. I greatly enjoyed my physical training. VASA was great about freezing plans earlier in the pandemic, but now that I've become unemployed and am suffering from health issues due to a recent case of COVID, they won't do anything to help me. I emailed looking for help and they said "we do not have a medical or financial hardship clause for cancellation." Very helpful during a global pandemic. :( I feel completely abandoned.

Johnson Payson, UT

VASA does not require masks for people working out that’s just a quick warning before you make your obligatory New Years gym membership. It’s a shocking site to behold when the whole world is doing their best to shut down a deadly pandemic, and your local gym is hosting super spreader events 24/7. While they do have a mask mandate in order to enter the safe place is the first ten feet when walking into the door. It’s also shocking to find out that the employees don’t even wear masks when in the lobby.

Brittany Alshawy Colorado Springs, CO

I signed up for a month-to-month membership at this gym BEFORE covid-19 happened. I have not been to this gym since before March 2020. Since then, even considering that they gym had to close down for a long period of time per State law from Covid-19; they keep billing me. They've got a bill up to over $300. I also see a membership on my account called "Team Training" which I did not have before. I went to look and see if they billed me for the months they were closed down. I can't tell, but it looks like it. And I go to pay the bill, so I can be done with them; and to cancel my membership (since apparently somewhere in some sort of document you also can no longer find; it says we have to cancel with 30 days notice in order to stop billing). So, I can't find the rule, which should be cancelled for such a time as a worldwide pandemic. Which is absurd. Every rule book is thrown out the window during this. Nobody wants to go to the gym in a mask unless they are nuts and want to suffocate. The laws have not been fully lifted yet for gyms. So, there is not point in forcing someone to pay a membership they don't want; and puts them at risk of catching a pandemic. A disease that has killed so many people. And then they blocked me so I can cancel the membership. They blocked me so I can't pay the bill. And I'm very angry. This is absurd. They are trying to recoop costs from their ex-clients that they lost during covid by adding fake plans and programs to people's accounts and it's disgusting.

Luz V Colorado Springs, CO

The Administration of this VASA fitness located at 455 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80906 was unable to handle this issue in an ethical, fair, and neutral manner. For over three weeks, the gym staff and other men annoyed me even though I initially spoke to the manager and let him know that if there was a problem, whatever it was, I was willing to take responsibility and work it out. The following is a description of my bad experience in detail. Two months had passed since I started to enjoy this VASA gym, when a man started hanging around me to get my attention. Sometimes, he asked me if I was using the equipment, other times, he passed near where I was exercising. He always exercised with two friends and on many occasions, he came to exercise around me with them. He always was smiling, chatting with them trying to get my attention. Finally, one day (around the first week of August), we introduce each other, Eric was his name, so I asked him if he was married to which he answered, "yes and you?" I answered "no", and politely, I told him "I'm sorry, but we cannot be friends due you married". The next day a nightmare started for me, I saw him talking with his friends and some other persons in the gym, looking at me. He started being close to me with his phone on hands like if he was taking pictures or videos of me. Then, one or two days after these incidents, the gym staff started to watch me all the time, so I asked them if there was a problem with me, so I could solve it, but they said “there is no any problem”. Then I spoke with the gym manager, exposing the problem that the staff were watching me and that I wanted to know what the problem was to solve it in the best way, he told me that there was no problem, but days later, he started to watch me too. The man with whom I had the problem changes his gym schedule an hour later while one of the gym staff ladies was going to annoy me with another man, this man came close to me throwing his sport bag aggressively on the floor talking to her about me in a loud voice, also this man spoke with other men of me aloud very close to me.. They did this kind of behavior towards me for around three weeks, they sent other men that I had never seen before (I counted more than 10 different men including Eric´s friends during these three weeks), being rude, taking photos or videos of me. All this time, I tried to ignore their bullying to avoid future problems, but I had to be vigilant while exercising for fear that these men would hurt me. I think the manager knew about all this situation, and I don’t understand , why he was not opened to talk to me first if there was a complaint agains me from this man, Eric even though I had initially spoken with him and let him know that if there was a problem, whatever it was, I was willing to take responsibility and work it out. I wonder if because my race.. he did not address this problem in a ethic and fair way. I am a peaceful, and respectful person with families and the human being, that's why I avoided a friendship with this man when I knew that he was married, who despite being married spent long time catching my attention along with his friends. After these weeks, I wondered why I would have to continue in a place where I was paying for a service where my safety was at risk. Girls be very careful! This VASA is not a safe place for women and staff of this gym lack the professionalism to handle such a serious problem ethically and neutrally.

Caitlyn ,

TERRIBLE----UNETHICAL----EXCEPTIONALLY POOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE! Signed up with VASA in February/2020 Due to Covid-19 gym was closed mid-MARCH/2020 E-mail contact is the only method to handle billing related inquiry. Response times are not timely and take significantly longer than the 72 hours advised. This has been going on all year. Representatives will not escalate ANYTHING---I had an email trail of OVER 25 E-MAILS before a representative let me know she had to ask permission to escalate my case and get the escalation approved first! Then the representative said I had to leave a voicemail when she transferred me to management to receive a call back. Subscription based is not applicable ------when a location is not available for use!! VASA repeatedly claimed that even if the gym was not available, that their subscription was not usage based--their breach in contract was prior by not offering the service I paid for. This structure is completely unethical as we are in a GLOBAL health crises and people cannot "put a hold" on their account longer than 3 months without being changed a fee. Medical accommodations for longer holds without fees are also not an option for those who are immunocompromised. VASA's health and safety practices DO NOT ALIGN with their billing practices. If you cancel early, you receive a cancellation fee, if you put your account on hold, you are changed an account hold fee. Despite, GLOBAL PANDEMIC-- medical concerns relating to the reason for holding and cancelling. There is no warning when your three month "hold" is over and you just get charged---and don't even bother to fight this charge, if you finally get through e-mail and actually have your case escalated---which is nearly impossible, management makes absolutely no exceptions! Contacting management they didn't even review the account enough to understand the issues. Nor, do they credit you for any inconvenience or try to keep your business. VASA also charges a subscription "rate-lock" fee yearly, which is done after 60 days. I started in February 2020/ and couldn't even use it for a full 60 days till April 2020---yet they still tried to charge me the fee. I said I would pay it once I've had 60 days of access to the gym! I fought until I was blue in the face for a refund. I'm astonished I actually received one for that. Also---if you are receiving any refund or credit I would BEG them to put it in writing for you or good luck ever receiving it if they don't follow through (which will take a long time in the first place). I literally had to plead with management to put in writing that my account was cancelled and I was not going to be charged any additional fees. (But of course they still charged me $50 one more time for a service I literally can't use). Overall, ABSOLUTELY AWFUL EXPERIENCE. STAY FAR FAR AWAY---don't be tricked by the nice facility---the SERVICE is SO BAD!!!!!

Ryan Schilder Salt Lake City, UT

I was a member of 24 Hour Fitness. They closed down permanently during the 2020 Covid pandemic. Vasa wanted their business and agreed to take all of 24 Hours client. No problem, now I'm a member at Vasa. Several months go by without a problem but I have gotten to the point that it is no longer worth the remaining a member at this point so I cancel my member ship. It is easy to cancel online however, you must provide them a credit card to cancel and they charge you a one month fee for a month you will never use. Who does that? If I cancel my Costco membership, they don't charge me the next month's fee...they say 'we're sorry to see you go, come back anytime' and we part as friends....not VASA.

Robert Chamberlain San Jose, CA

VASA Fitness outsources their contracts to a a third party "Paramount Acceptance," for processing and collections, and this company has zero ability to resolve any problems associated with the membership. Reaching the corporate office of VASA Fitness is also impossible (all numbers lead to Paramount Acceptance), and local staff have even less opportunity to adjust/defer training schedules, membership issues, etc. I contacted the BBB of Utah with a complaint about having to sign a COVID-19 waiver and not being able to suspend my training contract, and still haven't gotten a response. VASA Fitness has a B rating, and is non-accredited.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I was a member of VASA for about 2 years. Overall, the cost of membership vs. what they offer is hard to beat. Most gyms are pretty crowded where I live, so I eventually switched to a private gym. But for the available equipment and the low cost, it's hard to beat.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I really love the classes and instructors that work at VASA! It’s always a full class and the energy is high. That being said, the bulk of the gym often has equipment that is out of order and it seems to take them awhile to get those swapped out. All in all though I think they do a good job at maintaining a clean and professional environment.

Sydney J Salt Lake City, UT

I got a membership through a Black Friday sale which promised my membership would be $17 per month. This month I got a charge for $75 from vasa and they claimed it was my “yearly subscription fee” even though I was never made aware of this fee when I signed up and I don’t have a yearly subscription. Once I tried to cancel my membership, they tried to charge me ANOTHER fee. This gym is full of scams and the equipment and facilities aren’t even that nice. The hours are whack and it is definitely not worth it. If I could do it again I would 100% join another gym like planet fitness where this wouldn’t happen.

Shaylee Provo, UT

I love that when you have a Vasa membership you can go to any Vasa, not just the one that is closest to where you live. I love the variety of fitness classes offered as well as the instructors.

Tasha Spanish Fork, UT

Going to the gym was always a appropriate experience for going to a gym. However, cancelling was a terrible experience. We moved out of state in June and in September, realized that we were still being charged our monthly fee, despite my attempting to cancel in July. I called their customer service number to try and have it taken care of. I got a confirmation page that it was cancelled however I did not get an email. The lady on the line informed me that they had no record of my ever trying to cancel and that I could no be reimbursed the money we were charged because they have no record of my ever even trying to cancel. I became upset when she told me in order to cancel I would have to go through the online process AGAIN. I was concerned that it would not go through again and she let me know that VASA has no direct customer service representatives (they hire out to Paramount) that have any power to actually help you with any of your issues, cannot cancel or reimburse you and you can only cancel online (hoping it goes through). She was patient with me despite my frustration, however, VASA is now on my black list. I will encourage all of my friends who ask to find a different gym if they don't want to be weaseled out of any amount of money and have no power to get it back as VASA does not even have people you can call to help you. They use a middle man to give you the bad news. Cowardice business management.

gh Colorado Springs, CO

Overall a good 3.5 star gym. Better than 24 HR and not quite as good as Golds (although many like Vasa better) Pros: Price, clean, A/C is kept at a perfect 71-72 degrees, quality equipment, decent amount of classes, friendly staff, racquetball and basketball courts, hydro massage chairs Cons: Crowded, small pool (always crowded), poorly designed sauna, street shoes and workout clothes worn in sauna/steam rooms, and people who only pay the $9.99 but use all of the facilities (staff is way too busy to check on this)

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Vasa has an easy sign up plan. I like that it isn't expensive and by the month. Easy app to sign in and keep track. Very good selection of work out gear and clean locations that are very convenient.

Alex Rogerson Saratoga Springs, UT

Not a huge fan of Vasa. The environment is not inviting to those of us who aren't meat heads and are fatties just trying to stick with our New Years Resolutions. The start-up fees are also annoying. It would be nice to have a set time frame where only 'less-fit' members could work out... this way my wife wouldn't be so intimidated by all the hott single ladies trying to hit on me as I so perfectly curl those 15lb weights.

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

The facility was clean and has a good variety of machines and even a cinema room which made the workout go by quickly. It's also very inexpensive. I've never had any luck with getting an employee to help out so if you're unfamiliar with gyms or workout machines you'll have a hard time starting out at Vasa.

Kathryn Andrus

I don't have a VASA membership anymore but when I did I had a good experience with it. I really enjoyed the Orem University gym. It was well maintained. The Provo gym has really awful treadmills in the cinema room which hurt my knees a lot. When I cancelled my membership I had an extra charge that was taken off and I was pleased with the customer service.

Jonny Hancock Draper, UT

I've been going to Vasa for about a year now and I've really enjoyed it. The staff is friendly, my membership is affordable, and there are several gyms within 10 to 15 minutes of my house. Vasa also offers some great amenities, including racquetball courts, pools, tanning beds, and a movie room.

Quen Wilson Ogden, UT

VASA has given me the opportunity to improve myself physically and the helpful staff that they have there are more than wiling to answer any questions and assist you with any problem. I highly recommend VASA!

BJ Tenney Woods Cross, UT

I love that my Vasa pass works at all vasa gyms. I have a gym near my home which is perfect for lifting weights or using a treadmill. They keep the equipment up to date and I don't ever remember seeing a piece of equipment I've thought is too old to be there. The gym near my work has a swimming pool, racquetball courts and a basketball court.