Planet Fitness Logo

8.9

LAST UPDATED: December 3rd, 2021

Planet Fitness was founded in 1992 by Michael Grondahl, who purchased a financially struggling gym, and implemented a low-cost business model by dramatically reducing prices to compete against better-known brands. The goal was to meet the needs of occasional or first-time health club members, rather than more experienced members.

The Planet Fitness brand has positioned itself as the leader for getting great value from a gym membership. Planet Fitness focuses on the average person who wants to get in shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Planet Fitness is unique in the fact that they discourage body-building and “gymtimidation.” Today, Planet Fitness has over 1000 locations with an estimated 6 million members across the United States. The company’s locations are either corporate- or individually owned and operated.

Vasa Logo
#2 Vasa chevron_right
3.6
Gold's Gym Logo
#3 Gold's Gym chevron_right
3.2
YMCA Logo
#4 YMCA chevron_right

The Good

• Planet Fitness Prices and Contracts
  • Planet Fitness Black Card
  • "Judgement Free Zone"
  • Extra Membership Fees
  • Equipment
  • Personal Training
  • Planet Fitness Locations

Planet Fitness Prices and Contracts

Planet Fitness is one of the cheapest gym memberships available at only $10/month for a classic membership. Contracts are month-to-month with no obligation. For example, certain fitness centers in the industry require you to make a three-to-six-month commitment upon signup. When it comes to price, on average, monthly gym memberships cost anywhere from $55/month to as much as $161/month.

Planet Fitness Black Card

Planet Fitness offers two types of Planet Fitness memberships: the $10 or Black Card membership. A classic planet fitness membership only allows a member to use one location and doesn’t give access to every perk the gym offers. The Black Card Membership costs $22.99/month. If you are interested in this card membership, you should reach out to a membership representative.

Black Card perks include 20 percent off Reebok products at outlet store locations and 10 percent off at Planet Fitness' online store. You also get unlimited access to other Planet Fitness locations, as well as to the planet fitness hydromassage and tanning booth. Black Card Members receive a Planet Fitness t-shirt and get to take part in Planet Fitness' Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays. Each black card member can also bring a guest to any planet fitness location each time they go.

"Judgment Free Zone"

Planet Fitness strives to make all fitness members feel welcome, no matter their fitness level. The focal point of Planet Fitness is to eliminate the pressure and stress that comes from "gymtimidation" while participating in fitness training activities. This practice allows for fitness members to work out how and when they want. Going to the gym and feeling like you aren't good enough to be there just doesn't cut it. If you have struggled with that in the past, trying Planet Fitness may be your new fitness solution.

Extra Membership Fees

Planet Fitness charges a small $1 enrollment fee for Black Card members and $20–$29 enrollment fee for other members aside from the monthly membership fee. When compared with other gyms in the fitness chain market, Planet fitness stands out. Most gyms charge an enrollment fee or initiation fee of $50 to $100. This makes becoming a member at Planet Fitness very affordable.

Customers should be aware that Planet Fitness charges a $39 annual membership fee that is typically assessed in October. This fee is affordable for people on a budget when contrasted with the majority of fitness companies who charge hidden fees of $75 or more.

Equipment

Generally, there is always enough gym equipment (machines, strength equipment, and weights) for everyone. Planet Fitness has a lot of cardio machines, free weights of up to 80 lbs., curl bars, and other strength training equipment. The weight machines and equipment are adequate for the average gym user and are kept clean.

Cardio equipment is abundant which is a major advantage since many gyms do not provide enough. Treadmills are available with personal televisions for fitness members' use. Other features that may be of interest to potential customers are tanning beds, a Planet Fitness Gym App, and personal training.

Planet Fitness Locations

Planet Fitness has over 1,500 locations across all 50 states in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. This makes it easy for members who spend their time traveling or for those who move to a different state to find a Planet Fitness club near them.

The Bad

• Limited Classes
  • Lunk Alarm

Limited Classes

While Planet Fitness offers some workout classes, they are smaller and much less diverse than some people may be used to. While many other gyms offer yoga, cycling, Zumba, barre, and many other classes, Planet Fitness generally provides classes that focus on specific muscle workouts. The main purpose of the classes is to help new members learn how to use the equipment or design their own individual workout plan.

Still, many gym-goers enjoy having the option to pick from various classes and appreciate the social aspect of a group workout. Planet Fitness claims that it appeals to the average gym member, but the limited class options suggest it caters more towards those who want to focus on just working out and not to those who want a more socially interactive workout.

Lunk Alarm

Planet Fitness prides itself on the fact that it caters to the average person and provides a "Judgement Free Zone." However, some members may feel that the lunk alarm—an alarm that goes off whenever someone drops their weights, acts aggressively, carries a gallon jug of water, or grunts excessively and too loudly—directly goes against their no-judgment policy. It is possible that members may feel that the lunk alarm unfairly stereotypes those who want to put a little extra effort into their workout.

The Bottom Line

Planet Fitness is one of the most affordable gyms on the market at $10 to $22.99 per month. Their additional fees are minuscule compared to most gyms, making becoming a Planet Fitness member exceptionally affordable — even on a smaller budget.

Planet Fitness may be the most affordable, but this comes with no frills. It lacks the amenities most gyms offer such as pools, tennis courts, childcare, saunas, etc. The company also does not provide a variety of group fitness classes, which is a huge attraction for most gym-goers. If you're looking to work out on your own and don't want to spend a lot of money on a gym membership, Planet Fitness is recommended; however, if you're looking for nutritional coaching and/or fitness classes like Zumba or Yoga, we recommend finding another gym that costs more, since Planet Fitness does not provide these membership benefits.

3.8

Victor Olaore Omoshehin Brooklyn, NY

Planned Fitness really impressed me with the technical way they were able to handle the use of services during the lock down. All state and City orders were adhered to. It's difficult for me breathing with Face mask on, that my most trouble part and I wish the staff can understand that customers need to be able to breath while working out. Staff are supportive to a very large extend, facilities and convenience are pretty cool, except that lockers needed to have pad locks all time to save guild your personal items. Though, I have never lost any of my personal items at any point, even when I forget anything, I have always been lucky to get them back.

Dave Fortin Kingston, PA

I really love it there! I go there pretty frequently. Good staff, lots of equipment, I never feel judged, and people pretty much keep to themselves. Just make sure to always wash down the equipment after you use it.

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

I love how much equipment that Planet Fitness has. They have such a variety of equipment for strength or cardio or more. The equipment is very clean and it never feels overcrowded. I also think that the membership is super affordable for everything that you get included. I also love how the staff is so willing to help and it feels like there is never any judgment. They are willing to teach you how to use a machine and make sure you have good form. I love that I can learn how to do new things and not feel like I am being judged.

Debora Paez Columbia, MO

Planet Fitness is a good gym for the price. It is a good gym specifically for beginners. The facility is always clean, organized, and the equipment is always in order. However, with their rules to try and avoid gym intimidation towards beginners can get a bit out of hand. Starting with the no water gallons allowed in the gym, only water bottles. Additionally, absolutely no grunting or outside personal trainers. I understand in some ways why these rules are in place but sometimes they can be too much. In some instances, if a pair is working out together and one is more knowledgable than the other and seems to be giving tips, staff will intrude to make sure no private personal training is taking place.

CJ Pelletier Columbia, MO

Planet fitness is not as bad as people say. The gym is not wet, and it's not creepy. It really does make getting into lifting possible for people who may be intimidated from it. However, there are some serious problems that come with the gym for people who want to make serious gains. There are no substantial free weights. This means no essential compound lifts that train stabilizing muscles and add to practical fitness. No dropping weights makes heavy deadlifts essentially impossible. The machines, however, do provide decent auxiliary support and can be exceptionally useful for people with disabilities or the elderly. The staff are okay, and the other services are good as well. Thus, overall, the gym can be useful for beginner lifter and those not looking to seriously train strength but rather augment their life with light training.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

Facilities are clean, membership is cheap, and even the elite membership with access to massage chairs and tanners is a great deal. Love that it really feels like a judgement free space... especially when I take the tootsie rolls

Sunday Toler Winnsboro, SC

Planet fitness is one of the best gyms I have ever had a membership with. You can go for a low 10 dollars per month. Or upgrade like I did to enjoy the massage chairs, hydro massage and much more. The gym has All the equipment you would ever need for full body workouts. Has nice bathrooms, lockers, showers.

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

This gym basically has EVERYTHING you need. I really like the black card spa area with the water bed massage table. That is worth it all. The 30 minute workout are is also great when you need to get a sweat in & get out quick!

Susan Miller Seattle, WA

I love planet fitness the covington wa location is amazing they keep it spotless. They all work very hard at that. The staff is the most professional and friendly. Hannah L. is amazing she greets u with a smile always and makes u feel welcomed. The trainer Dominic as well very professional and friendly. I plan on seeing if he can help me get the weight off. Great location overall

Gregg Leesburg, VA

So there ads sound amazing, right! Only $10/month BUT if you have to cancel, OMG... you have to either go in person, which I am unable to do at the present, OR send in a certified letter! You gotta be kidding me right? I spoke to the club, and when he said that, I told him I was unable to come in, and he said the only other way was to send a certified letter... That was it, couldn't do it over the phone or online... BEWARE, if they were a stand up gym they would not have this ludicrous rule!!

Toni Montuori

Clean, smells good and mine isn’t crowded. After trying the bigger named gym I was very pleasantly surprised to try PF. The equipment was new and clean. The membership choices were a better fit for my schedule and was their fees.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

Planet Fitness is a great gym and a good and fair company. They are the first gym in my area to offer a no contract membership. They have a good variety of equipment in which they keep in working condition. The place is always clean. The only thing I think they could improve on is offering child care for people with children that are working out.

Chris Bright Tempe, AZ

I like their sanitation policy, they had a good one in place way before covid. They have great prices on their basic and upgraded memberships. I felt slightly misled that I could sign up for a dollar... I could, however they disclosed lots of additional fees that they charge annually once I got there. Kind of made a great deal turn to an ok deal.

Arion Session-Walker Tallahassee, FL

Planet fitness is a great gym because they have a variety of things to do to feel your best self for great prices.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I worked out at Planet Fitness prior for 3 months. Although I liked the idea of cleaning the machines before and after you used them, I felt like I was spending most of my workout time cleaning instead of working out. So, I cancelled my subscription needless to say.

O D Pflugerville, TX

Asked a front desk person about my upcoming annual charges, he said not to worry, no extra charges will be taken out besides my monthly membership. A month later I am charged annual fee. Spoke to Location manager who admitted that they had issues with staffing and training and apologized for misinformation but did not offer a refund. Then I spoke to customer service and they said that there was no misinformation given, but rather a miscommunication and the employee must have misunderstood my question (don't see how much clearer the question could be). In addition front desk staff is often absent, so I am not able to get into a massage chair or any other Black Card member amenities. Full disappointment all around.

Tony Reed Tifton, GA

I was a new member at planet fitness. I had visited the club and worked out on three separate occasions with my son prior to these events. The third time I worked out I checked in with the manager, he helped me negotiate the app to check in, we exchanged pleasantries, and I proceeded immediately to the workout floor carrying a small gym bag in FULL view of the supposed manager. The prior two visits I had carried the same small bag. In this bag my son and I use it to contain our keys, phone, gloves, a belt, and most importantly diabetic testing supplies. On this third visit I was told that I was not allowed to have a bag on the workout floor. Mind you, it is not a suitcase. Everything was contained in the bag very neatly and the bag was behind the equipment, not in the path where anybody could have remotely walked near it. An attendant at the club inform me it was against the club policy to have a bag on the workout floor. I have never heard of such a thing in my life…not allowed to have a gym bag in a gym(???)! In my mind that would be analogous to banning pocketbooks in a shopping mall. Anyway, I tried to explain the necessity of the bag only to reach deaf ears. Frustrated, I went immediately to the manager who was quite rude and canceled my membership, as he was unwilling to discuss this matter. The manager even falsified my reason for leaving the club on my cancellation papers, as I suspect to protect his monthly membership performance data. At this point, I feel violated, even possibly that my ADA protections have been ignored by this club. So my recommendation to anyone who needs to maintain readily available access to medical equipment consider avoiding this club, because you will have to carry that equipment in hand and let everyone around you know your medical condition(s). Healthcare is supposed to be a private, protected aspect of a person’s life. There’s a sign on the wall that talks about “judgment free zone” and “acceptance”… I would beg to differ at this point based on my experience, the manager’s rude behavior, and the selective application of their policies (I pointed out three suspected policy concerns just standing at the door canceling my membership only to see them ignored).

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Planet Fitness is another gym I have used back home. I have always been a guest when I go to Planet Fitness, which is something that I think is pretty neat and unique about this gym. However, I took one star away because guests aren't allowed to use all of the resources and services that are offered unless they become a member themselves.

OnnaDay Conroe, TX

I have been a member for 3 years. My husband was a member for 1 year and canceled his membership because he was working long hours and did not have time to utilize his membership. He did not have any problems with the cancellation. He filled out a standard form at the gym and it was processed the very next day. I have worked out at many gyms over the years, and I love PF. There are plenty of good quality machines, the gym and locker rooms are always clean, and the massage bed & chairs are wonderful. It is a great gym for the price, and I really like that I can always bring a guest for free.

Kim Camp Fayetteville, AR

The only regrets I have is that I didn't use my black card membership sooner . Last summer I signed up and thought you can do this . I suffer from anxiety attacks disorders and the thoughts of being stared at or laughed at kept me from going . After 9 months of paying for a membership i hadn't used once , I made it a goal to go and check it out . The atmosphere was inviting , music was playing , the gym was nice and cool and no one stares at us or laughed. Staff is friendly , the equipment is clean . We love the SCIFIT step one recumbent stepper . The gym I go to has only 2 machines . A lot of people love the machine too . Wish they had more than 2 . Highly recommend to friends and family .

Tracy Marcellus, NY

I really like Planet Fitness! They have tons of cardio machines, both free weights and machines, the 30 minute circuit, battle ropes, yoga balls, an area with mats for stretching or floor work, kettle bells, medicine balls and pretty much anything you need to get a good workout. Plus, unlimited free sessions with the trainer anytime you want. They don't have classes, but I don't care. Was never into group sweating anyway - just want to go in, do my thing, and get out. Staff always welcomes me, and I don't feel conspicuous when I show up in sweats rather than trendy workout gear. Really, can't go wrong here, and you can't beat the price.

David Watts Richmond, IN

I just joined planet fitness in Richmond Indiana. first of all, everybody who works there as well as all the clients are excellent/ no problem to anyone else. second, the place is spotless clean / always clean. third, the classes which I have gone to are amazing. I know "a bunch" about lifting weights however I learned the most basic principles which I changed and they are already ALREADY helping me get improved in the manner which I want to improve. next, the hours are all inclusive , the payment for membership is crazy low, the equipment is superior and the weights are available which you need as long as you know variations in how to exercise. finally, I just want to say, I have been to over 40 gyms maybe more since I have moved around this country a great deal and also been out of the country a few times. this is the absolute best gym of all of the ones I have been to. people of all walks of life go here, even though they told me bodybuilders and powerlifters do not go there I have met both of them who go there and enjoy the gym as well as the results they are gaining. they win contests, so that is enough proof for me! David Watts.

Erika Tonawanda, NY

I Got a memberships for myself and husband at the Tonawanda My location and this was the best decision ever. I love being a black card member everyone that works there is so friendly the manager at this location runs her staff and facility very well it's always cleansed the staff is funny and helpful and the trainers are great I wish there were classes to take like Zumba and other work out classes to that nature but the trainers do a good job at the classes they have and they are great 1 on 1. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to feel at eise there is tons of people I met there and again can't say enuff about the wonderful staff and the manager that has personality of gold.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Good workout gym with a lot of good equipment. However, they do not have any free-weight bars like a bench press but they do have the bars that are connected to the racks. Those aren't my favorite things to use so I wasn't too fond of that but some people might not mind. It is a very positive atmosphere so for those who are just starting to go to the gym or are getting back into it after a while, this is a good place to start and the pricing is good.

Edward Ritchie Birmingham, AL

Our Crossville Tennessee Planet Fitness is the best! Super clean facility with great functioning equipment. The best part is their staff who is always friendly and very helpful. We give this facility a 5 star rating and would highly recommend to any looking for a wonderful gym! The Ritchies

Randall Senn Annandale, VA

I've been going to the PF gym on Kenmore Avenue in Alexandria, VA for a few months. The staff is always helpful, but one staff member, Dominic C, is truly outstanding. He has been with me each step of the way, patiently on several times showing me how to use equipment and gently encouraging and pushing me. He's knowledgeable and friendly, and it is him I seek out first when I have questions or need help.

Sheryl r. Ronkonkoma, NY

I have a black card at planet fitness in centereach n.y. I absolutely love it, so clean. Scott L is the manager and is very dedicated! He and his staff are friendly and know their jobs. They are never to busy to greet you. Plenty of machines to choose from and the hydro lounges and tanning end a workout. I never thought I would be attending a gym but I certainly made the right choice, love the no judgement zone. That's what drew me in. All are welcome. Come and see for yourself , great job scott and all staff!

Amber S Jupiter, FL

Love our Planet Fitness! Clean, large, plenty of equipment. The staff are friendly. I prefer to work out alone and I do the 30 minute circuit which is only crowded when they have a class. Occasionally, the class starts when I am working out and I just join in. I have learned a few new techniques this way. Love the hydro massage and body enhancing booths. I am over weight and I don’t fell intimidated or uncomfortable here.

Rita Kyriakides Harwich Port, MA

My husband and I joined PF 6 months ago and love it! We've been to many locations on our travels and appreciate that there is a PF everywhere! Our home gym is located in Brockton, MA and is by far the most beautiful and clean gym! The staff is amazing - the manager Tracy is hands-on and fantastic and Joslyn at the desk/trainer is absolutely a breath of fresh air. This gym really cares!! Thanks Brockton PF!!

Greg Zatcoff Gilbert, AZ

Gilbert, Arizona at Greenfield and Warner Me and my son became Black Card members a little more than a week ago. Each time we have gone to workout the staff has been extremely friendly, the gym and machines have been clean, and the overall experience has been exceptional. We have brought my wife on most occasions, since we are allowed to bring a guest each and every time. My son and I really enjoy using the Black Card Spa area after our workouts. It massages all the aches and stress away. This has been the best investment we have made in a long time. Looking forward to more visits!!

Ronald M Chadwick Hesperia, CA

just transferred my membership from fitness 19 where their music is blaring and i can't concentrate. worked out at planet fitness this morning and what a pleasure. courteous people at the counter, place is very clean, equipment new, plenty of paper towels and squirt bottles, music is low and barely noticable. and open 24 hours with employee at counter. makes me look forward to my next session. RC

Deborah Schauland Appleton, WI

Planet Fitness is my godsend..I haven't worked my body out with weights for years and had it not been for the personal trainer coming alongside of me every time I stepped foot in the gym, I still would not be strength training. The trainers are all encouraging and take the time to demonstrate proper form and function while using all gym equipment. And I am not charged extra for the one on one!!! I so appreciate the knowledge and encouragement I have been given by not only the staff but also by those I meet on the floor. Love the judgement free atmosphere.

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

I have been a Planet Fitness member for a few years now. They are great!! I LOVE that I can workout when I want to workout. I love the fact that they have 40 treadmills, 7 or more cycling machines, 30 elliptical machines and all those strength training machines. Because they have SO MANY machines, I know that when I pull in to a parking lot full of cars, there will still be a machine for me inside! The newly remodeled bathrooms are wonderful! The lockers are a safe place to store my gear. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I get a personal "Hello" and "Goodbye" every time I go there. And they happily print out my workout log so I can submit it to my insurance company, which pays me to stay healthy.

Nick Rittinger Edgewood, KY

Been a member for 10 years! Haven been back since covid. Tried to cancel over the phone with corporate and the local store, but they needed me to come into the store to cancel. When I get there I am told I owe 80 something dollar because I haven't payed since May. It is June, why do I owe 80 dollar for 1 month. I should have canceled when covid hit, but for them to not work with me at all after 10 years is ridiculous. I will never recommend Planet fitness to anyone ever.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have always had good experiences working out at Planet Fitness. Great quality equipment with a really comfortable and safe environment. I also love the affordability of this gym and have found that to be a big pro!

Brandon Greer Alexandria, KY

No free barbells so if you want to grow strength you have to do it on a machine or dumbells. Cancellation is a hassle if you don't give 30 days as they will bill you in the middle of their set billing cycle. If you try to stop payments they will void your cancellation request and continue to bill you in their system and send it to collections. Also this "judgement free zone" is quite judgemental if you are try to do any power lifting or make any noise they don't like. If you are looking for a serious gym with actual people that can give fitness advise on site, look elsewhere. If you want to build strength through any power lifting program, don't even consider it.

John Narvaez Washington, DC

I enjoy the low price of attending Planet Fitness. I gave this gym 4 stars because I would like to see some more updated cardio machines. This is understandable for the price go the gym.

Sean Clayton City of Saint Peters, MO

It's a typical gym but with a weird culture. Their policies have some strange restrictions on appearance and behavior that seem to ironically shame people for normal gym behaviors. I've been a couple times and I like that they don't force long-term contracts, but I would rather not go there.

JESSE GENAO Lynn, MA

Just for those who do not know and pay for the planet fitness black card there's a trick they have! They advertise you can go to any club and work out if you pay the extra $10 dollars, but what they don't tell you is you can only go up to 10 times in a month to the gym unless you pay an additional $5 dollars per visit. Stupid in my opinion. If you are trying to get fit do the math and you can probably go to a better-quality gym cheaper

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Planet Fitness is the ultimate workout spot. With a catchy name like “Planet Fitness” you’re guaranteed a worthwhile workout experience. They offer a variety of fitness machines, trainings, and memberships at a very low price. Start your fitness journey there today !

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

Love planet fitness, has lot of equipment for all types of workouts. They have equipment is clean and they also provide users with proper material to clean equipment before and after use. I appreciate the cleanliness during these times especially.

Dianna Carter Tamaroa, IL

The Planet Fitness gym that I attended was very clean and sanitized. The equipment was in excellent condition. The staff was knowledgeable about the use of the equipment and the results I would and could get from the use of each piece.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Planet Fitness is a superb gym partner. My membership afforded complete access to all equipment, and classes available. Their training staff were all highly athletic and motivational. They provided precise assistance with health goal accomplishment. If fitness is important, then Planet Fitness is the right gym.

Susanne

I was a member for several years and enjoyed every minute of it. Their staff made me feel a part of the gym to do as little or as much as I wanted from the start. There is a "no judgement" environment. Everyone is welcome to be there and enjoy at his or her own pace.

Jonathan

Friendly open atmosphere with no intimidation. I love how they care for their members and provide free food at specific times in the month to show that we are appreciated. I only with they had free weight barbells for bench and squats. However, this helps reduce the muscle head people.

ARFordable Pet Grooming LLC

Very clean large and very helpful trainers my son and my husband joined the only thing I thought was very unfair is that I paid for about two years and then cancelled asked if I could receive just a quarter of it back because husband had both hips replaced my father passed away and i had two surgeries myself and forgot all about the membership. They know and can see we never ever went so kinda thought it was t fair they would t offer me anything back.

Lauren E.

Always awesome. I mainly go to walk on the treadmill and lay in the tanning bed. Equipment is always clean and staff have always been amazingly friendly every time I've been. I have the black card membership and love that I can check into any location. Love it! There is no other way to put it.

Roz Williams Jonesboro, GA

Planet fitness in Jonesboro facility and staff are awesome! I love the facility, the staff are always friendly and helpful. Today they went beyond, I was working out, and all of a sudden, my blood sugar level dropped. They were really there and made sure I had some candy and water to bring it back up. Thanks so much staff!

Nathalia Lively Avenel, NJ

This gym location in Woodbridge is excellent. The music is varied and it’s not the same selection you hear 1 thousand times in the radio. This gym is extremely clean and well run. The floors, the machines etc are all cleaned multiple times a day! This is amazing for me because I’ve had breathing issues at other gyms in the area.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Was a member of this gym a few years ago because I tend to travel a lot and I know they are all over the country. Because of how inexpensive their memberships were, it was very intriguing to buy a pass & become a member. I know their known for catering to the casual gym goer who's not gonna put any pressure on being the strongest or most fit to other gym goers, but I wasn't a member long. Too long of waits for the bench press & other equipment like that. Too many people texting and on their phones. I just didn't enjoy my little time as a member, so I didn't renew after a couple months. Canceling membership was pretty easy.