Planet Fitness Logo

8.9

Planet Fitness was founded in 1992 by Michael Grondahl, who purchased a financially struggling gym, and implemented a low-cost business model by dramatically reducing prices to compete against better-known brands. The goal was to meet the needs of occasional or first-time health club members, rather than more experienced members.

The Planet Fitness brand has positioned itself as the leader for getting great value from a gym membership. Planet Fitness focuses on the average person who wants to get in shape and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Planet Fitness is unique in the fact that they discourage body-building and “gymtimidation.” Today, Planet Fitness has over 1000 locations with an estimated 6 million members across the United States. The company’s locations are either corporate- or individually owned and operated.

Vasa Logo
#2 Vasa chevron_right
3.6
Gold's Gym Logo
#3 Gold's Gym chevron_right
3.2
YMCA Logo
#4 YMCA chevron_right

The Good

• Planet Fitness Prices and Contracts
  • Planet Fitness Black Card
  • "Judgement Free Zone"
  • Extra Membership Fees
  • Equipment
  • Personal Training
  • Planet Fitness Locations

Planet Fitness Prices and Contracts

Planet Fitness is one of the cheapest gym memberships available at only $10/month for a classic membership. Contracts are month-to-month with no obligation. For example, certain fitness centers in the industry require you to make a three-to-six-month commitment upon signup. When it comes to price, on average, monthly gym memberships cost anywhere from $55/month to as much as $161/month.

Planet Fitness Black Card

Planet Fitness offers two types of Planet Fitness memberships: the $10 or Black Card membership. A classic planet fitness membership only allows a member to use one location and doesn’t give access to every perk the gym offers. The Black Card Membership costs $22.99/month. If you are interested in this card membership, you should reach out to a membership representative.

Black Card perks include 20 percent off Reebok products at outlet store locations and 10 percent off at Planet Fitness' online store. You also get unlimited access to other Planet Fitness locations, as well as to the planet fitness hydromassage and tanning booth. Black Card Members receive a Planet Fitness t-shirt and get to take part in Planet Fitness' Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays. Each black card member can also bring a guest to any planet fitness location each time they go.

"Judgment Free Zone"

Planet Fitness strives to make all fitness members feel welcome, no matter their fitness level. The focal point of Planet Fitness is to eliminate the pressure and stress that comes from "gymtimidation" while participating in fitness training activities. This practice allows for fitness members to work out how and when they want. Going to the gym and feeling like you aren't good enough to be there just doesn't cut it. If you have struggled with that in the past, trying Planet Fitness may be your new fitness solution.

Extra Membership Fees

Planet Fitness charges a small $1 enrollment fee for Black Card members and $20–$29 enrollment fee for other members aside from the monthly membership fee. When compared with other gyms in the fitness chain market, Planet fitness stands out. Most gyms charge an enrollment fee or initiation fee of $50 to $100. This makes becoming a member at Planet Fitness very affordable.

Customers should be aware that Planet Fitness charges a $39 annual membership fee that is typically assessed in October. This fee is affordable for people on a budget when contrasted with the majority of fitness companies who charge hidden fees of $75 or more.

Equipment

Generally, there is always enough gym equipment (machines, strength equipment, and weights) for everyone. Planet Fitness has a lot of cardio machines, free weights of up to 80 lbs., curl bars, and other strength training equipment. The weight machines and equipment are adequate for the average gym user and are kept clean.

Cardio equipment is abundant which is a major advantage since many gyms do not provide enough. Treadmills are available with personal televisions for fitness members' use. Other features that may be of interest to potential customers are tanning beds, a Planet Fitness Gym App, and personal training.

Planet Fitness Locations

Planet Fitness has over 1,500 locations across all 50 states in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. This makes it easy for members who spend their time traveling or for those who move to a different state to find a Planet Fitness club near them.

The Bad

• Limited Classes
  • Lunk Alarm

Limited Classes

While Planet Fitness offers some workout classes, they are smaller and much less diverse than some people may be used to. While many other gyms offer yoga, cycling, Zumba, barre, and many other classes, Planet Fitness generally provides classes that focus on specific muscle workouts. The main purpose of the classes is to help new members learn how to use the equipment or design their own individual workout plan.

Still, many gym-goers enjoy having the option to pick from various classes and appreciate the social aspect of a group workout. Planet Fitness claims that it appeals to the average gym member, but the limited class options suggest it caters more towards those who want to focus on just working out and not to those who want a more socially interactive workout.

Lunk Alarm

Planet Fitness prides itself on the fact that it caters to the average person and provides a "Judgement Free Zone." However, some members may feel that the lunk alarm—an alarm that goes off whenever someone drops their weights, acts aggressively, carries a gallon jug of water, or grunts excessively and too loudly—directly goes against their no-judgment policy. It is possible that members may feel that the lunk alarm unfairly stereotypes those who want to put a little extra effort into their workout.

The Bottom Line

Planet Fitness is one of the most affordable gyms on the market at $10 to $22.99 per month. Their additional fees are minuscule compared to most gyms, making becoming a Planet Fitness member exceptionally affordable — even on a smaller budget.

Planet Fitness may be the most affordable, but this comes with no frills. It lacks the amenities most gyms offer such as pools, tennis courts, childcare, saunas, etc. The company also does not provide a variety of group fitness classes, which is a huge attraction for most gym-goers. If you're looking to work out on your own and don't want to spend a lot of money on a gym membership, Planet Fitness is recommended; however, if you're looking for nutritional coaching and/or fitness classes like Zumba or Yoga, we recommend finding another gym that costs more, since Planet Fitness does not provide these membership benefits.

3.7

Nyla C. Edison, NJ

Planet Fitness is another gym I have used back home. I have always been a guest when I go to Planet Fitness, which is something that I think is pretty neat and unique about this gym. However, I took one star away because guests aren't allowed to use all of the resources and services that are offered unless they become a member themselves.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have always had good experiences working out at Planet Fitness. Great quality equipment with a really comfortable and safe environment. I also love the affordability of this gym and have found that to be a big pro!

Nick Rittinger Edgewood, KY

Been a member for 10 years! Haven been back since covid. Tried to cancel over the phone with corporate and the local store, but they needed me to come into the store to cancel. When I get there I am told I owe 80 something dollar because I haven't payed since May. It is June, why do I owe 80 dollar for 1 month. I should have canceled when covid hit, but for them to not work with me at all after 10 years is ridiculous. I will never recommend Planet fitness to anyone ever.

Caloway Salt Lake City, UT

Good workout gym with a lot of good equipment. However, they do not have any free-weight bars like a bench press but they do have the bars that are connected to the racks. Those aren't my favorite things to use so I wasn't too fond of that but some people might not mind. It is a very positive atmosphere so for those who are just starting to go to the gym or are getting back into it after a while, this is a good place to start and the pricing is good.

Edward Ritchie Birmingham, AL

Our Crossville Tennessee Planet Fitness is the best! Super clean facility with great functioning equipment. The best part is their staff who is always friendly and very helpful. We give this facility a 5 star rating and would highly recommend to any looking for a wonderful gym! The Ritchies

Brandon Greer Alexandria, KY

No free barbells so if you want to grow strength you have to do it on a machine or dumbells. Cancellation is a hassle if you don't give 30 days as they will bill you in the middle of their set billing cycle. If you try to stop payments they will void your cancellation request and continue to bill you in their system and send it to collections. Also this "judgement free zone" is quite judgemental if you are try to do any power lifting or make any noise they don't like. If you are looking for a serious gym with actual people that can give fitness advise on site, look elsewhere. If you want to build strength through any power lifting program, don't even consider it.

John Narvaez Washington, DC

I enjoy the low price of attending Planet Fitness. I gave this gym 4 stars because I would like to see some more updated cardio machines. This is understandable for the price go the gym.

Sean Clayton City of Saint Peters, MO

It's a typical gym but with a weird culture. Their policies have some strange restrictions on appearance and behavior that seem to ironically shame people for normal gym behaviors. I've been a couple times and I like that they don't force long-term contracts, but I would rather not go there.

OnnaDay Conroe, TX

I have been a member for 3 years. My husband was a member for 1 year and canceled his membership because he was working long hours and did not have time to utilize his membership. He did not have any problems with the cancellation. He filled out a standard form at the gym and it was processed the very next day. I have worked out at many gyms over the years, and I love PF. There are plenty of good quality machines, the gym and locker rooms are always clean, and the massage bed & chairs are wonderful. It is a great gym for the price, and I really like that I can always bring a guest for free.

Kim Camp Fayetteville, AR

The only regrets I have is that I didn't use my black card membership sooner . Last summer I signed up and thought you can do this . I suffer from anxiety attacks disorders and the thoughts of being stared at or laughed at kept me from going . After 9 months of paying for a membership i hadn't used once , I made it a goal to go and check it out . The atmosphere was inviting , music was playing , the gym was nice and cool and no one stares at us or laughed. Staff is friendly , the equipment is clean . We love the SCIFIT step one recumbent stepper . The gym I go to has only 2 machines . A lot of people love the machine too . Wish they had more than 2 . Highly recommend to friends and family .

Tracy Marcellus, NY

I really like Planet Fitness! They have tons of cardio machines, both free weights and machines, the 30 minute circuit, battle ropes, yoga balls, an area with mats for stretching or floor work, kettle bells, medicine balls and pretty much anything you need to get a good workout. Plus, unlimited free sessions with the trainer anytime you want. They don't have classes, but I don't care. Was never into group sweating anyway - just want to go in, do my thing, and get out. Staff always welcomes me, and I don't feel conspicuous when I show up in sweats rather than trendy workout gear. Really, can't go wrong here, and you can't beat the price.

David Watts Richmond, IN

I just joined planet fitness in Richmond Indiana. first of all, everybody who works there as well as all the clients are excellent/ no problem to anyone else. second, the place is spotless clean / always clean. third, the classes which I have gone to are amazing. I know "a bunch" about lifting weights however I learned the most basic principles which I changed and they are already ALREADY helping me get improved in the manner which I want to improve. next, the hours are all inclusive , the payment for membership is crazy low, the equipment is superior and the weights are available which you need as long as you know variations in how to exercise. finally, I just want to say, I have been to over 40 gyms maybe more since I have moved around this country a great deal and also been out of the country a few times. this is the absolute best gym of all of the ones I have been to. people of all walks of life go here, even though they told me bodybuilders and powerlifters do not go there I have met both of them who go there and enjoy the gym as well as the results they are gaining. they win contests, so that is enough proof for me! David Watts.

Erika Tonawanda, NY

I Got a memberships for myself and husband at the Tonawanda My location and this was the best decision ever. I love being a black card member everyone that works there is so friendly the manager at this location runs her staff and facility very well it's always cleansed the staff is funny and helpful and the trainers are great I wish there were classes to take like Zumba and other work out classes to that nature but the trainers do a good job at the classes they have and they are great 1 on 1. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to feel at eise there is tons of people I met there and again can't say enuff about the wonderful staff and the manager that has personality of gold.

JESSE GENAO Lynn, MA

Just for those who do not know and pay for the planet fitness black card there's a trick they have! They advertise you can go to any club and work out if you pay the extra $10 dollars, but what they don't tell you is you can only go up to 10 times in a month to the gym unless you pay an additional $5 dollars per visit. Stupid in my opinion. If you are trying to get fit do the math and you can probably go to a better-quality gym cheaper

melissa Naperville, IL

Naperville location - Ogden - 3/2/21 I would highly recommend not doing business with Carlos C. the Club Manger at this location, or anyone in this establishment. We canceled our membership 6 months ago due to Covid and have been charged monthly fees for 10 months. Upon receiving the annual membership fee ($39) we went in and spoke with someone who told us many memberships were suppose to be canceled and were not. It was then recommended we speak with Carlos C. Unfortunately Carlos was the most incompetent manager I have ever spoken to. He showed absolutely no responsibility or effort to try to make things right for the mistakes made. My husband and I were extremely ill with Covid over the past few months and were hoping Planet Fitness would be an establishment that didn't try to take advantage of members and their monies during a vulnerable time. Obviously there was a mistake made and our memberships were not canceled, we simply asked for the annual membership fee charged THIS MONTH to be reimbursed since we are not able to go to the facility. I would recommend looking elsewhere for a gym facility, Carlos is not someone who knows how to treat loyal customers. Melissa G

kaylie mahar Springdale, AR

I held a membership here and only have great things to say about it! It was open 24/7 so I could go whenever I had time too. Everything was cleaned up very well and there was always someone available when I had questions.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Planet Fitness is the ultimate workout spot. With a catchy name like “Planet Fitness” you’re guaranteed a worthwhile workout experience. They offer a variety of fitness machines, trainings, and memberships at a very low price. Start your fitness journey there today !

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

Love planet fitness, has lot of equipment for all types of workouts. They have equipment is clean and they also provide users with proper material to clean equipment before and after use. I appreciate the cleanliness during these times especially.

Randall Senn Annandale, VA

I've been going to the PF gym on Kenmore Avenue in Alexandria, VA for a few months. The staff is always helpful, but one staff member, Dominic C, is truly outstanding. He has been with me each step of the way, patiently on several times showing me how to use equipment and gently encouraging and pushing me. He's knowledgeable and friendly, and it is him I seek out first when I have questions or need help.

Sheryl r. Ronkonkoma, NY

I have a black card at planet fitness in centereach n.y. I absolutely love it, so clean. Scott L is the manager and is very dedicated! He and his staff are friendly and know their jobs. They are never to busy to greet you. Plenty of machines to choose from and the hydro lounges and tanning end a workout. I never thought I would be attending a gym but I certainly made the right choice, love the no judgement zone. That's what drew me in. All are welcome. Come and see for yourself , great job scott and all staff!

Amber S Jupiter, FL

Love our Planet Fitness! Clean, large, plenty of equipment. The staff are friendly. I prefer to work out alone and I do the 30 minute circuit which is only crowded when they have a class. Occasionally, the class starts when I am working out and I just join in. I have learned a few new techniques this way. Love the hydro massage and body enhancing booths. I am over weight and I don’t fell intimidated or uncomfortable here.

Rita Kyriakides Harwich Port, MA

My husband and I joined PF 6 months ago and love it! We've been to many locations on our travels and appreciate that there is a PF everywhere! Our home gym is located in Brockton, MA and is by far the most beautiful and clean gym! The staff is amazing - the manager Tracy is hands-on and fantastic and Joslyn at the desk/trainer is absolutely a breath of fresh air. This gym really cares!! Thanks Brockton PF!!

Greg Zatcoff Gilbert, AZ

Gilbert, Arizona at Greenfield and Warner Me and my son became Black Card members a little more than a week ago. Each time we have gone to workout the staff has been extremely friendly, the gym and machines have been clean, and the overall experience has been exceptional. We have brought my wife on most occasions, since we are allowed to bring a guest each and every time. My son and I really enjoy using the Black Card Spa area after our workouts. It massages all the aches and stress away. This has been the best investment we have made in a long time. Looking forward to more visits!!

Ronald M Chadwick Hesperia, CA

just transferred my membership from fitness 19 where their music is blaring and i can't concentrate. worked out at planet fitness this morning and what a pleasure. courteous people at the counter, place is very clean, equipment new, plenty of paper towels and squirt bottles, music is low and barely noticable. and open 24 hours with employee at counter. makes me look forward to my next session. RC

Deborah Schauland Appleton, WI

Planet Fitness is my godsend..I haven't worked my body out with weights for years and had it not been for the personal trainer coming alongside of me every time I stepped foot in the gym, I still would not be strength training. The trainers are all encouraging and take the time to demonstrate proper form and function while using all gym equipment. And I am not charged extra for the one on one!!! I so appreciate the knowledge and encouragement I have been given by not only the staff but also by those I meet on the floor. Love the judgement free atmosphere.

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

Comfortable working out here. There's one of everyone here which I like. Great prices and hours too!

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

I have been a Planet Fitness member for a few years now. They are great!! I LOVE that I can workout when I want to workout. I love the fact that they have 40 treadmills, 7 or more cycling machines, 30 elliptical machines and all those strength training machines. Because they have SO MANY machines, I know that when I pull in to a parking lot full of cars, there will still be a machine for me inside! The newly remodeled bathrooms are wonderful! The lockers are a safe place to store my gear. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I get a personal "Hello" and "Goodbye" every time I go there. And they happily print out my workout log so I can submit it to my insurance company, which pays me to stay healthy.

Jordan Warren, OH

Planet Fitness does not notify you about anything regarding upcoming withdraws from your account. I froze my planet fitness for 3 months due to medical reasons and the virus. I did not receive any reminder about it ending (as 2020 has already been difficult for me and everyone else to worry about a gym charging your account without courtesy) and was charged. My medical conditions have not changed nor the virus so I still am not comfortable going to the gym. Also, they did not remind me that it was time for my annual fee and charged my account. It is a scam. I would totally stay with Planet Fitness if they didn't charge me so much during this time because its hard enough. I expected decency at least to do so and think about others or at least pretend.

JPL Seattle, WA

Beware! Health safety warning! During my last session there, I was amazed at the lack of concern of the staff with regard to refilling the sanitizing stations. I stayed there doing my cardio for 55 minutes and noticed at least 3 sanitizing stations had been empty the whole time, only because people were going around trying to find paper towels to clean their equipment. And of course, people gave up trying to clean because they could not find any paper. this was not the first time: I had noticed in the past the staff's lack of concern, and I had made them aware several times of the need to refill paper towels. But this time, it was really frustrating. The country is gripped by covid and we are facing an enormous surge of cases everywhere. People are asked to do the right things, wear masks, socially distance, and on and on. And here at the gym, where people sweat, cough, breath heavily, not one staff did the round of the gym and checked the sanitizing stations the whole time I was there, at least 55 minutes. And Yes I checked the staff desk from time to time. There was always at least one staff doing nothing. When I left, I pointed it out to them that some stations had been out of paper for a long time. But wait, the story does not end there! Then a couple days later, the most outrageous thing happened. I received a phone call from a prickly manager from the gym telling me that I should not tell the staff what they should do because it was his job. See, he did not call me to apologize or at least explain that they were concerned for health safety and the staff was reminded to do their best for "our" safety in these dire times where people are at risk of being infected by a lethal virus. no, no! He called to give me, a worried and helping customer, a teenager-like power struggle downtalk. ooh! boy! I was not a happy camper to say the least... Very wrong business practice and attitude!!!

Renee Union City, CA

Ridiculous Rules! The Planet Fitness Gyms is Empty! The one in Richmond California has long standing lines! The wait is 45 minutes to 1hr, only 46 including staff can be inside, that’s insane. It’s like a Ghost Town while standing in line looking in from the outside. No lines at 24hr Fitness or other Gyms in the area. $10 you get what you pay for that’s is for sure. Also the Cleanliness is not up to part, other gyms give you, your own cleaning spray bottle. The spray bottles are deluded with water. When I say the gym is empty! It’s empty and it’s big enough for 100 ppl! The Grocery stores are open and have 100 plus. Go elsewhere!

Dianna Carter Tamaroa, IL

The Planet Fitness gym that I attended was very clean and sanitized. The equipment was in excellent condition. The staff was knowledgeable about the use of the equipment and the results I would and could get from the use of each piece.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Planet Fitness is a superb gym partner. My membership afforded complete access to all equipment, and classes available. Their training staff were all highly athletic and motivational. They provided precise assistance with health goal accomplishment. If fitness is important, then Planet Fitness is the right gym.

Susanne

I was a member for several years and enjoyed every minute of it. Their staff made me feel a part of the gym to do as little or as much as I wanted from the start. There is a "no judgement" environment. Everyone is welcome to be there and enjoy at his or her own pace.

Jonathan

Friendly open atmosphere with no intimidation. I love how they care for their members and provide free food at specific times in the month to show that we are appreciated. I only with they had free weight barbells for bench and squats. However, this helps reduce the muscle head people.

ARFordable Pet Grooming LLC

Very clean large and very helpful trainers my son and my husband joined the only thing I thought was very unfair is that I paid for about two years and then cancelled asked if I could receive just a quarter of it back because husband had both hips replaced my father passed away and i had two surgeries myself and forgot all about the membership. They know and can see we never ever went so kinda thought it was t fair they would t offer me anything back.

Lauren E.

Always awesome. I mainly go to walk on the treadmill and lay in the tanning bed. Equipment is always clean and staff have always been amazingly friendly every time I've been. I have the black card membership and love that I can check into any location. Love it! There is no other way to put it.

Roz Williams Jonesboro, GA

Planet fitness in Jonesboro facility and staff are awesome! I love the facility, the staff are always friendly and helpful. Today they went beyond, I was working out, and all of a sudden, my blood sugar level dropped. They were really there and made sure I had some candy and water to bring it back up. Thanks so much staff!

Nathalia Lively Avenel, NJ

This gym location in Woodbridge is excellent. The music is varied and it’s not the same selection you hear 1 thousand times in the radio. This gym is extremely clean and well run. The floors, the machines etc are all cleaned multiple times a day! This is amazing for me because I’ve had breathing issues at other gyms in the area.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Was a member of this gym a few years ago because I tend to travel a lot and I know they are all over the country. Because of how inexpensive their memberships were, it was very intriguing to buy a pass & become a member. I know their known for catering to the casual gym goer who's not gonna put any pressure on being the strongest or most fit to other gym goers, but I wasn't a member long. Too long of waits for the bench press & other equipment like that. Too many people texting and on their phones. I just didn't enjoy my little time as a member, so I didn't renew after a couple months. Canceling membership was pretty easy.

Harry Reker Maple Shade Township, NJ

Joined the Planet Fitness facility in Cinnaminson NJ when it opened about five years ago. I have had memberships at many fitness centers throughout the years and from my perspective this facility if you are looking for a inexpensive, convenient and clean place to exercise in this area, is definitely worth it.

Jaime Gross Hialeah, FL

I had a gym instructor named Julio at the Planet Fitness on Miami Gardens and NW 67th Ave. He was very helpful on introducing me to all the machines and their uses. The gym is very clean and the equipment is new and repaired rapidly when they get damaged. I would recommend this gym to all my friends. Jaime G.

Juwan harrell Baltimore, MD

came into the gym to get a membership not knowing any info and left there fully aware of all the perks that being a PF member offers thanks to the front desk clerk Kayla! I look forward to using the gym and taking advantage of the spa area!

Haley Newman Hamersville, OH

The employees are always welcoming and the facility is clean. I feel like I paid a fair price and always enjoyed going to the many convenient locations. The tanning beds were great and the machines and free weights helped me to workout every muscle.

Danielle DeMarco Kent, OH

I have attended with my fiancé, and love the equipment choices and friendliness of staff.

Angela Wellsville, UT

I am currently using planet fitness facilities and I am impressed with the overall environment. Their equipment is current. The vibe is positive. There is always equipment available and about 20 different TVs to watch. The bathrooms are always clean. The staff is always friendly and helpful. And you can’t beat their prices. They often run a $10/month special. That can’t be beat. Truly.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

For only $10 a months it’s such an amazing deal! I loved working out there! And I never felt judged. Everyone there encourages each other to push hard and that they can do it. It’s also nice not worrying about comparing my self to others. If I ever had problems with my card or lost it they were super awesome in replacing it or helping me fix the problem. Love that gym!

Calista Huber Mesa, AZ

I went to Planet Fitness with a friend and absolutely loved it. She convinced me to get a gym membership myself! Unfortunately I chose one closer to me that has child care, but still, my experience there was great. I loved he overall atmosphere. I didn't feel silly for being a beginner. All the equipment had diagrams and explanations showing how to use each machine and which muscle it should work. I also loved the specific sections of the gym for abs or legs or arms. It was a very clean place and seemed really nice overall for the price!

David O Pleasant Grove, UT

I like Planet Fitness for a variety of reasons. For one, I agree with many of their messages to individuals pursuing their fitness goals. Gym-goers should not negatively compare themselves with others or feel as though they are worth less than another. As with most gyms, the service is a bit pricey considering the individual is the one putting forth most work in this transaction. I'm glad Planet Fitness exists.

Leanne S. Saint Paul, MN

I wish I had gotten the name of the little snot that refused to cancel my membership when it's for severe health issues. If I had known they would make me come in during a plague, when I'm incredibly high risk, and then refuse, I would have contacted the BBB first. I have NEVER had such a horrible experience as with Planet Fitness. Have you dealt with insurance company? They're a treat compared to PF. You have to deal with only the local franchise and I've met ONE person in TWO YEARS that wasn't rude and/or inept. Think twice before you have anything to do with this horror show of a company - ANY other gym, even in a prison, would have to be an improvement. I really, really hope people check the reviews and take them seriously or they will absolutely regret it.

DrippGang Rockford, IL

The issue started over a face mask. I was 6 feet away from the desk. And they had plastic screening up. But when i scanned my card. The guy at the front desk said I needed a mask. And I told him this was gym. Then said you still need a mask in the common area. And I told him what common area. Once in the locker room and at the weights. I'm taking it off. Why were a mask for a few feet. Especially when I'm near no one. This issue took place around: 4:20 Pm August 21st; 2020. At Planet Fitness on S. Alpine in Rockford Illinois, 61108. Photographs of the other gentleman leaving Planet Fittness and a video of me in Plantet Fittness working out is and will be available. Racism. A white woman named Stephanie followed me around and canceled my membership (after I walked away from her and told her to go find something better to do); because I was wearing pants. Meanwhile a white guy in Pants that were made into shorts worked out peacefully. And was told nothing. Pictures of the white man in shorts were taken. As he left 30 to 40 minutes later after I was told to leave. And my lawfirm has been contacted. Along with a full complaint being filed for HARRASMENT & DISCRIMINATION. The paper she gave me says to not sit on any gym equipment with pants on. My workout consisted pull-ups; dips, and use of the curl bar. The Planet Fitness on South Alpine in Rockford Illinois promotes discrimination. Be advised: The membership paper she gave me has highlighted, "DENIM JEANS OR SHORTS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE SEATED STRENGTH EQUIPMENT." So if I never sat down on any seat equipment. How did I violate the policy. Especially if I was in the gym for a whole 40 minutes.