American Family Fitness is based in the state of Virginia with almost ten gyms and fitness centers around the state. Most gyms and fitness facilities are based in the Richmond area. Staff, trainers, and other employees work daily to create personalized exercise, fitness, and nutrition plans to help members reach their fitness goals. American Family Fitness is a family-friendly club providing opportunities for parents to bring kids to participate in a number of exercise activities while they work on their own fitness goals.
Click here to read recent American Family Fitness Reviews
- Membership Options
American Family Fitness provides potential members with four membership options to best fit each individual's needs. These options are:
- 12-Month Membership — This plan costs $64 per month and requires a one-year agreement.
- 24-Month Membership — This plan costs $54 per month and requires a one-year agreement.
- 35-Month Membership — This plan costs $44 per month and requires a one-year agreement.
- Month–to–Month Membership — This plan costs $69 per month and requires a two–month contractual agreement. There is also a $25 down payment required to set up this membership.
All memberships include a free program design, an hour personal training session, a basic gym orientation, a nutrition class, and a $50 voucher towards personal training services.
The 12, 24, and 35-Month Membership plans do not require a down payment. There is an annual fee of $50 due each year on September 1st for each of these four membership plans.
For those seeking to find a fitness center or gym that provides a large variety of amenities to help you keep your heart rate up and get a solid workout, you are looking at a great option. The following amenities are available depending on which of the 9 current locations you visit:
- Over 100 group classes weekly — For those that would like to participate in high-intensity cardio workout classes, strength training, yoga, pilates, and many other fitness classes, American Family Fitness group fitness is there for you.
- Fully equipped gym — A wide variety of weight lifting machines, free weights, cardio equipment, and other exercise, fitness, and strength equipment are available.
- Swimming pool — Swimming is a great form of exercise and the pool provides kids a chance to take swimming lessons.
- Personal training — Work with a personal trainer to establish and start meeting fitness goals.
- KidZone — Bring your kids to the gym's KidZone so you can enjoy your workout for an hour or two while they have some fun.
- Courts — Racquetball, basketball, and Pickle ball courts are available to help you be more active while in your community.
- Small group and team training — Work with a personal trainer in a group setting for better results.
- Multi-location access — Members have automatic access to all American Family Fitness locations in Virginia.
It is important to note that each of the membership options that are made available from American Family Fitness require a 30–day cancellation advisement. If you do not reach out to American Family Fitness 30 days before your desired cancellation, it is probable that you will be charged for another month of other cancellations fees. When signing up for a membership, make sure that you are aware of the service that you are receiving as well as the stipulations that exist in the contract. Late payments may be required if you do not pay off what is owed on time.
The Bottom Line
American Family Fitness is a great option for those who live near the nine current locations that are running in Virginia. That being said, it is only the "perfect gym" for those that live near its' nine locations. The provision of basketball courts, other sport courts, a fully equipped gym, personal trainers, staff instructors, and other amenities make this fitness facility somewhere where you can start to take control of your physical health. If you are worried about wanting to use the gym for a long period of time, you may want to see if you can find a gym that is less expensive for a month-to-month membership plan. We recommend taking advantage of the free trial that this fitness facility offers to see if it would be a good fit for you.