ESPN Fantasy Football Logo

ESPN Fantasy Football

Is This Your Business?
LAST UPDATED: September 10th, 2021
ESPN has been one of the leading fantasy football platforms for nearly 20 years. Through its industry-leading coverage and interactive gameplay, ESPN Fantasy Football seeks to provide users with the best fantasy football experience available.

The Good

• Index of expert draft picks
  • Great features
ESPN has kept pace as one of the top expert-led fantasy football sources in the industry. In addition to an impressive index of expert draft picks, pre-season analysis, and informative articles, ESPN offers several media channels to bring fans the latest player updates:
  • Fantasy Football Now: ESPN's flagship fantasy football television program; also available for live internet streaming
  • Fantasy Focus: ESPN's fantasy football podcast that provides daily player previews, game overviews, injury reports, and strategy
  • FantasyCast: Provides users with live play-by-play updates for every game being played
ESPN additionally offers a complete draft client, paid leagues, and several customizable league options. ESPN also offers its ESPN Insider paid service which gives serious fantasy football fans even more insight into their draft picks and league trends. ESPN Fantasy Football remains as one of the top-used portals by league commissioners.

The Bad

• Inflexible in some aras
  • Lower payouts and higher entry fees
With that in mind, ESPN does demonstrate some inflexibility in other areas. Its paid leagues are not as dynamic as most other paid leagues, which means overall lower payouts and higher entry fees. The same can be said for its league sizing restrictions; leagues can only be between 10 and 20 teams. Also, while ESPN's Insider feature may give users an advantage come Draft Day that other services cannot match, it is still a paid service. And while iOS users generally have had no complaints as to ESPN Fantasy Football's mobile app, Android users have consistently reports app crashes and sluggishness in terms of live updates.

The Bottom Line

Overall, ESPN Fantasy Football has been the standard against which all other fantasy football services are measured against. As far as expert analysis is concerned, ESPN is nearly perfect in its coverage. Its free service remains one of the most popular on the market. Potential users should be aware, however, that ESPN does impose restrictions on league size, and serious fans looking to profit from their fantasy football experience should consider other options.

JD ROBERTS Detroit, MI

ESPN Fantasy Football use to be great. However, the analysis over the last couple years has become watered-down with the many additions of so-called experts that have appeared out of nowhere. I like Matt Berry and his Love/Hate column which has been available forever, but now, it can only be accessed with a subscription. Actually most of ESPN's content cost money to read. I've never known anyone to pay/subscribe for this service, so they got to be hurtling their viewership with all of the money-grabs. I'm moving over to FantasyPros , where the content is mostly still available without a credit card. It's also a nice touch that they hold the experts picks accountable by tracking their results. Bye ESPN.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

me and my freinds have been using ESPN to play fantasy football for at least 6 years now. We tried a few other apps that just dont seem to work as well and arent as quick with updating their scores like ESPN is. ESPN is the place to be for all things fantasy

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

ESPN Fantasy Football is a hallmark in fantasy sports. They have the best insight on player performance, trends, and NFL culture. So by default, their fantasy football platforms are premier. Live scoring, player updates, and team stats help make fantasy decisions easier. I love my league on ESPN Fantasy Football. Just love it.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I have done Fantasy Football for years and ESPN is my favorite place. I think their website is easy to use and navigate. There are so many users that it is also fun to compare stats and wins. If you are looking for the best Fantasy Football headquarters- ESPN is the place.

Theodore Niemann Boulder, CO

The phone application is extremely easy to use and allows me to add/drop players with ease. I love that I can edit my lineup and look at stats of different players so that I can find the best players available on waivers.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

Every season my friends and I use ESPN Fantasy Football. It is easy to set up and run the whole season. Ever since switching to ESPN I loved fantasy football even more. So user friendly.

Anita pea Dallas, TX

ESPN fantasy football is awesome. They are a very reliable company for their easy t ok use service to build you fantasy football team. Each to use and a good price!!!

Annie Orr Provo, UT

My family has an intense fantasy football league every year. It’s an amazing way to stay connected and share our love of football. The app is super easy to use!

Katlyn Hockman Houston, TX

ESPN fantasy football is so incredibly easy to use and understand. I enjoy spending hours with my friends during football season.

cb Irving, TX

I enjoy using ESPN fantasy football as my app for fantasy. It’s very easy to draft and sign players and very fun to use!

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

Very good website/app well put together easy to use. i have played fantasy games with them for a long time and enjoy it.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

Fantasy Football allows me to basically draft my own team and I really enjoy that. Also football is really enjoyable so I love Fantasy Football.

Nicholas Genes Los Angeles, CA

This is a great site for those that are just getting into the game. They made it super easy to understand and get into it.

Bailey Wilson Lubbock, TX

Great way to do fantasy football with family and friends. Easy to control and understand.

EthanDolla03 Columbus, OH

They have made football fun again for me. Fantasy football has made it able to compete with my friends for fun!

Randal hyde Springfield, MO

Im not a fan of ESPN at all anymore. Their fantasy platform is one of the worst I have used. There is little room to customize to adjust for your own league.

Jason Middleton, WI

The app is trash! I can never open it because it claims there is not a good internet connection. That's funny because my Fantasy Yahoo app works every time.

Cole Bailey Houston, TX

App was fun, my friends and I played this together and it was very precise on statistics.