tbc the best expense tracking servicesbestcompany expense tracking companiesbestcompany expense tracking

Headquartered in Bountiful, UT, Taxbot provides a user-friendly interface to track expenses and prepare small businesses for tax and audit season.

Rank Chart
6.7
#7
expense tracking tbc
5.9

The Good

Taxbot comes fully equipped with a high-quality standard set of features that make expense management and tax preparation much simpler and faster. In addition to its 256-bit SSL (bank-level) encryption over all its users’ financial data, a GPS-enabled mileage tracker for its mobile users, and a receipt upload feature for the tax conscious, Taxbok also gives subscribers access to professional tax tips and advice through a number of videos and articles. Their desktop site offers step by step installation and feature guides to help users navigate their mobile apps. Their live chat feature is incredibly responsive and helpful for potential and existing customers alike.

Taxbot is available at a flat-rate price of $19.99 a month, which is great for mid-sized businesses looking to save on their expense tracking software.

The Bad

On the other hand, that flat-rate price can feel a little steep for individuals or small businesses with under 10 employees, especially when compared with the smaller pricing packages of some of Taxbot’s competitors (for example, QuickBooks and FreshBooks both offer a small business package for roughly half the price of Taxbot). And while Taxbot is optimized for Android and iPhone models 5s and on, they have yet to tap into the rest of the smart device market as other carriers like Blackberry do not allow Taxbot to access certain parts of their devices. Also, Taxbot does NOT support multiple currencies, which can limit the mobility of certain business owners seeking a more global focus.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Taxbot provides a safe, educational, and trustworthy component to any small business’s financial management strategy. And while it may lack the traction, capabilities, and market share of some of the bigger companies, it is no less reliable. Its flat-rate pricing makes it a steal for mid-sized companies; just be sure your business is prepared to handle this monthly subscription, as it is the same for companies of all sizes.

X close
X close

4 Taxbot Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

October 19th, 2016 Hawkins, TX

We have been using Taxbot for three years now. Wouldn’t want to be without it. The ease of entry of expenses and income, the charts and grafts and mileage tracker are exceptional. Thank you Taxbot for helping to make life and tracking expenses so much easier!

2. User Score

August 5th, 2016 Greensboro, NC

I do not know how I got signed up for Taxbot nor do I remember using it. I am not saying that someone else signed me up but I sure did not use it. But the charges were taken out of my account automatically and it took me a while to find them to cancel them. It would have been nice to have had an email notice each month about the charges being taken out of my account.

3. User Score

June 1st, 2016 North Hollywood, CA

I’ve paid for Taxbot for over 2 years. I used it the first year and liked it but, was tired of entering the same transaction time and time again. They have NO option for regularly repeating transactions like a web site fee, monthly app fee, bank fee, auto insurance fee or any other fee. Not even their own $9.95 / ,month. Each month you have to sit down and reenter what you have already entered. I’ve been hounding them for a year and 6 months. They kept stalling me assuring me they were working on that feature. Still no feature. It’s a VERY simple thing to add. I’m done. I’ve canceled my account. I’ll keep my miles in a book or on a spread sheet or go with another app that has a reoccurring payment feature.

4. User Score

January 3rd, 2016 Kansas City, MO

I am hugely frustrated to find out at the end of the year that although I spent a lot of time to associate receipts with each logged expense, that the receipts will not print in the reports. The only way to get receipts from the ENTIRE YEAR is to manually go back into each entry, click on the receipt, and then print it. The reason I even purchased this software was because my friend told me that you could add receipts to each expense log. Now I am going to have to go back and nitpick through all my records in order to find these receipt images, after trusting that this software would make it easy.