Taxbot

4.1

Headquartered in Bountiful, UT, Taxbot provides a user-friendly interface to track expenses and prepare small businesses for tax and audit season.

#1 Mint Logo Mint ›

7.6

Overall
Score

#2 Xpenser Logo Xpenser ›

6.7

Overall
Score

#3 QuickBooks Logo QuickBooks ›

6.5

Overall
Score

#13 Taxbot Logo Taxbot

4.1

Overall
Score

The Good

• GPS-enabled
  • Flat-rate

GPS-Enabled

Taxbot comes fully equipped with a high-quality standard set of features that make expense management and tax preparation much simpler and faster. In addition to its 256-bit SSL (bank-level) encryption over all its users' financial data, a GPS-enabled mileage tracker for its mobile users, and a receipt upload feature for the tax conscious, Taxbok also gives subscribers access to professional tax tips and advice through a number of videos and articles. Their desktop site offers step by step installation and feature guides to help users navigate their mobile apps. Their live chat feature is incredibly responsive and helpful for potential and existing customers alike.

Flat-Rate

Taxbot is available at a flat-rate price of $19.99 a month, which is great for mid-sized businesses looking to save on their expense tracking software.

The Bad

Price

On the other hand, that flat-rate price can feel a little steep for individuals or small businesses with under 10 employees, especially when compared with the smaller pricing packages of some of Taxbot's competitors (for example, QuickBooks and FreshBooks both offer a small business package for roughly half the price of Taxbot). And while Taxbot is optimized for Android and iPhone models 5s and on, they have yet to tap into the rest of the smart device market as other carriers like Blackberry do not allow Taxbot to access certain parts of their devices. Also, Taxbot does NOT support multiple currencies, which can limit the mobility of certain business owners seeking a more global focus.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Taxbot provides a safe, educational, and trustworthy component to any small business's financial management strategy. And while it may lack the traction, capabilities, and market share of some of the bigger companies, it is no less reliable. Its flat-rate pricing makes it a steal for mid-sized companies; just be sure your business is prepared to handle this monthly subscription, as it is the same for companies of all sizes.

1.8

August 3rd, 2017 Mooresville, NC

The app for tracking mileage doesn't work. Updated to latest version and all things went down South! Lost so much trips!!! STAY AWAY!!

March 1st, 2017

The system needs lots of work and is very inaccurate. I have used it for too long and given it much more of a chance than necessary. It misses many of my trips and is not super user-friendly. My devices are up to date with plenty of storage on them to process things properly but this program just doesn't work as well as it should. This company needs to programmers or it's current programmers to get it together.

January 14th, 2017

I tried to email the company and they did respond however they did not answer my question. Then I tried to call and I was put on hold for 10 minutes. I have yet to have my question answered and we have already paid for an account. I understood that a spouse who owns another business is not charged extra but can be included in a sub account. I'm not finding how to set that up and that is what my question has been.

December 21st, 2016 Washington, DC

I have been using this app for a couple of weeks (free trial) -- it doesn't include some features such as receipt scanning and quickbooks integration and the gps function doesn't yet pick up airports (u have to put the address in if u find yself having to enter a trip manually (after the fact) but they have great customer service, a great interface and excellent tutorials plus a cumulative expense tracker -- the price is 9.99 per month for most use... I think there is an upgrade option. Expensify seems to have the most options/features at this price point

October 19th, 2016 Hawkins, TX

We have been using Taxbot for three years now. Wouldn't want to be without it. The ease of entry of expenses and income, the charts and grafts and mileage tracker are exceptional. Thank you Taxbot for helping to make life and tracking expenses so much easier!

August 5th, 2016 Greensboro, NC

I do not know how I got signed up for Taxbot nor do I remember using it. I am not saying that someone else signed me up but I sure did not use it. But the charges were taken out of my account automatically and it took me a while to find them to cancel them. It would have been nice to have had an email notice each month about the charges being taken out of my account.

June 1st, 2016 North Hollywood, CA

I've paid for Taxbot for over 2 years. I used it the first year and liked it but, was tired of entering the same transaction time and time again. They have NO option for regularly repeating transactions like a web site fee, monthly app fee, bank fee, auto insurance fee or any other fee. Not even their own $9.95 / ,month. Each month you have to sit down and reenter what you have already entered. I've been hounding them for a year and 6 months. They kept stalling me assuring me they were working on that feature. Still no feature. It's a VERY simple thing to add. I'm done. I've canceled my account. I'll keep my miles in a book or on a spread sheet or go with another app that has a reoccurring payment feature.

January 3rd, 2016 Kansas City, MO

I am hugely frustrated to find out at the end of the year that although I spent a lot of time to associate receipts with each logged expense, that the receipts will not print in the reports. The only way to get receipts from the ENTIRE YEAR is to manually go back into each entry, click on the receipt, and then print it. The reason I even purchased this software was because my friend told me that you could add receipts to each expense log. Now I am going to have to go back and nitpick through all my records in order to find these receipt images, after trusting that this software would make it easy.