The Neat Company Logo

The Neat Company

8.8

The Neat Company was created in 2002 and ran a desktop software to manage expenses and documents. It soon after created the NeatReceipts sheet-fed scanner to track expenses more easily and document them straight into the software. In more recent years, The Neat Company has turned almost completely digital, creating a cloud service Saas application that can scan and track expenses from your phone and store and organize your most important documents digitally.

NeatBooks is the company's current full bookkeeping and accounting product providing the following features:

• Connect accounts
  • Receipt management
  • Do your books from desktop or mobile app
  • View business analytics
  • Digital filing system
  • One-on-one access to a customer service representative for onboarding and support

NeatFiles Unlimited is the company's basic file storage product that provides the following features:

• Unlimited document management
  • Advanced data processing
  • Quickbooks integration
  • Access for up to five users
  • Email, chat, and phone support

The Good

• Free 30-Day Trial on Premium Accounts
  • Up-to-Date
  • Different Plans for Different Situations
  • Organizational Help

Free 30-Day Trial on Premium Accounts

Unlike many of its competitors, The Neat Company allows customers to try out its best software plans for up to 30 days. Many of its competitors have a free trial, but it is on the basic plans and does not give access to all that The Neat Company provides.

Up-to-Date Software

The Neat Company’s software is not only up to date but is among the most innovative companies we have seen. Since creating the first receipt scanner in 2002, The Neat Company has continued to work on this software and has led the expense management industry in simplifying receipt scanning and organizing.

Different Plans for Different Situations

The Neat Company offers Lite, Premium, and Business plans:

Lite:

• Unlimited file storage
  • Mobile receipt and document scanning app
  • Configurable file organization
  • Expense reporting
  • Business contact integrations

Premium:

• Everything included in Lite
  • Human verification (receipts and contacts)
  • QuickBooks online integration
  • QuickBooks desktop (add-on fees apply)
  • File sharing and collaboration
  • Email marketing integrations
  • One-on-one expert training

Business:

• Everything Included in Lite/Premium
  • Up to 5 plan users
  • Human verification (invoices)
  • QuickBooks online and QuickBooks desktop included
  • Unlimited phone, chat, and email with toll-free number and VIP access
  • Multi-account/business access
  • Accountant and bookkeeper edition

Organizational Help

This company allows you to place your files throughout its site anywhere to organize your expenses however you would like. It keeps folders and tabs to help it feel clean and look clean. One of The Neat Company’s goals is to help companies and individuals stay “neat.”

The Bad

Pricing

The Neat Company pricing is dependent on the plan and if a company chooses to pay annually or monthly:

• Lite(Basic Plan): $89.99 per year or $8.99 per month
  • Premium: $149.99 per year or $14.99 per month
  • Business: $249.99 per year or $24.99 per month

Although its premium packages are cheap for the industry, its basic plan is a little more expensive. This makes it better for companies but harder on freelancers and independent contractors.

The Bottom Line

The Neat Company, although it does cost a bit more for its basic package, offers lots of benefits to its customers. Along with its expense management services, it is helpful in managing cash flow, collaborating with employees, scanning receipts and documents, and helping your company stay “neat.”

4.9

Joanne Kinzy Clementon, NJ

I recently upgraded the NEAT version. This version was very different than the one I was using previously. I was having difficulty navigating the new version. However, I received a phone call from NEAT Technical Support Mey Ann G> case #00441324. Mey stayed on the line with me and offered step by step instructions which allowed me to complete my task. She was very patient, but extremely helpful. I am so happy that I will now be able to keep track of my expenses.

Leopoldo Kahn El Cajon, CA

Mary Ann G was a patient and nice adviser, and went over and above solving the problem I had but she thought me how to use Neat and how much more I can take advantage of it and its mobile app

[email protected] Marysville, KS

Very help full teck support staff. Very impressed how they helped me to learn the things I did know how to do. The only thing that they could improve on is the time when you call in to the time it takes to talk to teck person. My teck persons name was neattech+8 very good at what does

Craig Mount Holly, NJ

Great service. Took the time needed to review the new software package with me.

Lisa E Phillips White Cloud, MI

A Neat rep reached out to me after my purchase and walked me through how the file system works. I was also having trouble installing the drivers and the rep was more than happy to help me install everything correctly.

LOUIS APOLDO Delray Beach, FL

While I have been a subscriber to NEAT since 2013, the last time I used the program was in 2017. Since then the software has been updated and my NEAT ND-1000 desk scanner is no longer supported. Your neattech+5 (Lisa) reviewed my situation and quickly upgraded my software so that I can now use my NEAT program and equipment to scan my documents for digital storage. She also helped to update the billing status of my account to provide me with a Basic Program, which fulfills my needs. Overall, I would rate Lisa and the service she provided as 5 stars

RICHARD LANGMEYER East Falmouth, MA

I have this program neat for about 3 years i liked it very much I did an up grade to the new neat I find it very good I am having some issues with the program do to my inexperience on the computer. I have run into two people DOLLY AND REGIE . You are so lucky to have two very talented and knowledgeable people. very good people skills and are very patient with your customers.which i think is needed above all.Looking forward to working with neat as time goes on THANK YOU RICHARD LANGMEYER

Phyllis Milton Port Chester, NY

I had an unusual technical problem and contacted the Neat support team. The support technician, Meryl, was extremely helpful and dedicated the necessary time to resolve the problem. From start to finish she worked with me over several days including telephone calls to me. The Neat product is excellent and especially important is the support provided.

Booker Walton Van Buren, OH

Sarah was a doll. Her customer service skills were Excellent. She was able to diagnose why my Neat Scanner was not working and fixed the scanner so that it would work.She was patient, caring and took the time to solve the Neat Scanner issue. The Neat Company should be proud to have such a patient, caring, knowledgeable and professional person helping customers like me. If were looking for an employee in my business, Sarah would be the type of employee I would want representing my company. Booker Walton

David Ficht Marine City, MI

I recently purchased the Neat Cloud Lite to replace the old Neat 5.4 which was obsolete. I had a few issues trying to Sync the old records and files to the Cloud. After several emails to customer service the issue was resolved by a Neat representative. Each email was answered promptly, politely, and with my issue resolution in mind. I would recommend Neat to anyone who wonders if they make the move to a Cloud based record system. The customer service is fantastic and works to resolve the issue professionally with the customer in mind no matter what.

Chun Hung Yu Austin, TX

I had problems with my scanned images. Sarah walked me through the entire process of upgrading from the "orange" software to the "blue" software. She patiently and painstakingly taught me how to use the new software which took care of my problem. I am grateful for her patience, professionalism, and friendliness.

Karen Kirby Chicopee, MA

Very happy with the scanner that I have had for many years now. The software was updated and I didn't realize that until we had our computer worked on and lost some information. Butch from support was so helpful in retrieving our old files and helping me update my system.

John Myrah Vienna, VA

It took several hours, but Jolyn was patient and always helpful. I had the earlier system and she had to change it to your current one. I give her a 10 for the best. Her English is excellent, better than mine HaHa. Give her a pay raise.

Kathleen Gulf Breeze, FL

Tia was my tech rep, she downloaded all of my stuff to my computer. She did her best to have them moved over and I was glad that she was able to do that. It was a long process to have the files downloaded one by one but she was diligent to set me up with everything. Thank you Tia!

Patty Plainview, NY

We have had a few issues since our actual neat scanner has damaged. We bought a 3rd party scanner approved by neat. So I have contacted Neat several times throughout this whole dilemma. But I can honestly say that this interaction with Lud has been the simplest and most effective and straightforward fix. Thank you to his help today.

Charles Esser Oviedo, FL

Liza C. helped me today and I could not be more pleased. She resolved my problem with a third party scanner and saved me an enormous amount of time trying to work through the issue myself. The Neat team has always been there for me and I highly recommend them. Thank you Liza

Shernroc Merlin, OR

I was having a very difficult time getting my Neat Scanner to hook up directly to my computer . Today I was lucky enough to work with Sarah . She was very informative and incredibly helpful and actually resolved my issue . Thank you Sarah !!! Five stars for you !!

Linda Sharf Boca Raton, FL

My tech was very knowledgeable and helpful. He assured me that what he was going would work and then he proved it. He was patient and courteous. He would not leave my session until I was completely comfortable with the service

R. Bishop Honolulu, HI

Alvi was the tech that supported my legacy migration from desktop to cloud. Was clearly experienced with the process and all went smoothly with no hiccups. Ensured I was aware on what was happening each step of the way. Great support!

Mary Swann Orange, NJ

Marilou was so patients..She stayed on task until I got it. You have a winner with this young lady. I am not computer savvy. If I ever have to call back I want her. Give her a raise.

DONNA J NEBERGALL Spokane, WA

This was my first experience using Neat Tech Support and Sarah was very helpful and very professional and friendly - making for a very good experience. I am very pleased with the Neat product and their employees

Judie Smith Orlando, FL

I had a very good experience with Neat helping me upgrade my software and get me back scanning documents and placing them in my correct file cabinet. Thank you Mary! You were great to work with!

Deborah Y. Makerson Augusta, GA

The Neat representative was very patient and helpful in helping me download the neat scan utility and neat app. She explain its benefits and made me feel comfortable with everything.

Uma Clint, TX

The Girl Angelina from Neat Tech support did wonderful job. She has been professional and Compassionate same time until she resolved the problem. I am able to scan my docs without fail. I am highly relieved.

Luis Lizarribar Auburndale, FL

The Representative, Sarah was absolutely GREAT! I had an old version of NEAT and needed several upgrades ETC. She was very good at solving the issues we encountered.

Cheryl Ellisville, MS

Joseph was above and beyond to help me. Although my call was not related to his department, he stayed on the line with me until I reached the help I needed

Melissa Harte Colorado Springs, CO

Once we narrowed down what the issues were that I was having, the experience and patience that I was given by Mary Ann G. could not have been any better! Thank you!!

Janie Orsborn Edgewood, TX

Young man helped me to install the new neat software and I'm hoping it works when I try to use it this afternoon. He was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Ted Wilson Houston, TX

Both individuals that I spoke with were extremely helpful. May Ann G. walked me through everything and got my system up and running. She is outstanding.

Jerri M Buckeye, AZ

Alvi was fanastic. He helped with my document migration which did take some time but it was successful. He was easy to understand and very knowledgable. Thanks

patricia malanga Elizabeth, NJ

I NEEDED HELP IN SETTING UP NEW CABINET AND REP, NOT ONLY DID SHE HELP ME WITH THAT, SHE UPGRADED MY SOFTWARE AND RAN ME THROUGH A SCENARIO. GREAT SERVICE AND PROCUCT.

William Cornele Phenix City, AL

Mary Ann G. Was very patient and most helpful in getting my Neat Desk scanner software up and running. Thanks, Bill C.

Shawn Matile Dover, NH

Tech Support was prompt. Was polite and patient with a new user. One chat resolution and asked many times if I had any questions

Joy Schwarting Saint Joseph, MI

Great service and take the time to listen to my problem. The product is very good and the support person is wonderful.

Paul Ashburn, VA

Neat agent worked me through the program transition from my old computer to my new computer. Worked like a charm. Great support.

Valerie Traverse City, MI

Butch G. Was patient with me And tried to explain how I transfer my receipts into a specific file. He was very pleasant and helpful.

Juliet San Leandro, CA

May Ann G. was a big help, very patient, and very thorough in explaining all the many things we can do with Neat. Great job, thank you!

Jon C. Middleboro, MA

Best customer service ever, anywhere. Wonderful experience getting the program up andf running again after a computer crash.

BBBENN Grapevine, TX

Angelina was great to work with. Understood my priorities and answered quickly so we could cover a lot of info. THANKS

Peg Saam Maxton, NC

May Ann was very friendly, specific, and taught me how to fully utilize the tools NeatReceipt gives me.

Carolyn Conner Chicago, IL

The person who service me was Dolly who did a great in walking me through all the steps in you my Neat Scanner.

Moses McCutcheon Jr Carson, CA

Customer service was outstanding! All questions were answered and I did not feel rushed in the process.

rdplymale Dry Branch, GA

Angelina did a great job guiding me in learning "filing in the cloud." Maybe the files will not fall through.

Jim Couper

MARY WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ANSWERED AND EXPLAINED IN DETAIL WHAT I NEEDED TO DO AND RESOLVED MY PROBLEM.

David Vincent Garrettsville, OH

Alma was very informed and helpful. Got my issue resolved efficiently and pleasantly. I love Chat!!

Hillary Tampa, FL

Alvi in technical support was a great help in helping me understand the neat scanner and how to update system.

Philip Newman Los Osos, CA

Be nice if the software was easier to install without NEAT phone support. The phone support is exceptional.

Philomena marcus Albuquerque, NM

Dolly was excellent and patient with me as I was completely confused. Thank you for everything

Karl Hawley, PA

I was very satisfied with customer support (Sarah) she was very helpful and solved my questions.

mark Alliance, NE

Leslie is a great employee and she helped me with all my needs you did great girl