Budget Tracker Logo
1 User Review
LAST UPDATED: November 7th, 2021

BudgetTracker was founded in 2003 to help individuals, families, and businesses budget, track, and manage their finances. It is also a good planning tool for businesses and individuals.

The Good

• Individual Use
  • Simple App
  • Many Business Features

Individual Use

This tool can be used effectively by individuals and families to help kids and adults alike learn how to plan and budget their savings. It can also help those who struggle with budgeting to get into the habit.

Simple App

This company offers an app to make it accessible on the go, a welcome option for people who want to keep track of their expenses and receipts. It is quite simple and clear.

Many Business Features

Budget Tracker has several features to help its clients including reports, tax deductions, tasks, calendars, kids’ budgeting tools, project planning, time sheets, and so much more.

The Bad

• Website
  • Too Many Average Features

Website

The website is not up to date, and it is difficult to find all of the different features. It has a nice calculator, but when putting in numbers the number can not have a comma or the website will not understand it. For example, instead of typing 2,000 you would have to type 2000 or the calculator will not understand.

Too Many Average Features

Each of BudgetTracker’s features are a good idea, but this company has not perfected any of them. It feels like it is several average features all piled together. It needs to settle on one idea, and focus really well on that before expanding to other avenues.

The Bottom Line

BudgetTracker is all online, and this website and app is not impressive. BudgetTracker has good features and ideas, but they need to be updated. Although this company has potential, it is not at the same level of many competitors.

View Best Expense Management Software Companies

5.0

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

As a freshman in college, I am newly independent of my parent's finances and Budget Tracker has helped me maintain my budget and spend my money wisely. I come up with only budget plans and will not spend more than what I have budgeted for. I love how the Budget tracker allows me to pick the predicted amounts I am going to spend in an area for the month as I will only spend $200 for groceries that month. Budget Tracker has played a huge factor in my life in keeping me on budget and not spending too much. I definitely recommend if you have trouble spending money and even if you don't it makes sure you don't spend more.