The Ready Store is a subsidiary of the Saratoga Trading Company, headquartered in Draper, UT. The company was founded in 2002 by Jeff and Amy Davis, selling 72-hour kits from their home. Today the company is small but thriving, still owned by the founding couple. They have a collection of awards, including #1 Food Storage Company. They have also been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.

Rank Chart
6.0
#4
The_Ready_Store
5.7

The Good

The Ready Store has clearly put its all into being the most extensive preparedness store out there, and they get top marks for selection. The online store offers thousands of items, with a huge array of food storage in particular. Whether you want freeze-dried, MREs, dehydrated, or standard storage items like wheat and rice, they will have it.

There is also a wide selection of other preparedness items including:

• Water storage
  • Survival kits
  • Shelter
  • Sanitation
  • First aid
  • Tools
  • Books
  • Communications
  • Cookware
  • Fuel and power items
  • DIY supplies

In addition to the store, there is a large educational section, which includes a well-stocked blog, weather tracker, calculators, and videos. There is a section offering printables designed to help you prepare your own readiness binder – a great idea, since online articles are unlikely to be available in a true crisis.

Interested users can also connect with the company on social media, including a delightful Pinterest page featuring a wealth of informative information along with fun extras.

The Bad

The only criticism we have is a minor one – we think the informative articles would be easier to browse if they were indexed topically, rather than arranged by publication date. Using the search function somewhat overcomes this obstacle, though the user will still need to scroll through article previews to search for a particular topic.

The Bottom Line

The Ready Store is a solid company which we are happy to recommend. The selection and Price Match Guarantee assure consumers that they will find what they are looking for at a competitive price. There are a lot of useful educational resources as well, including a lot of DIY and homesteading content which is not as common on the preparation sites we have seen.

X close
X close

4 The Ready Store Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

May 15th, 2016 North Richland Hills, TX

I ordered a case of MRE’s. I heavily use them when backpacking/hiking. Every single heater I had did not work. This is not a user error, but a defective product. I emailed the company only to never have anyone contact me with my inquiries/concerns, even after multiple emails a month later.

Product that does not work: 0/1 Stars
    Non-existent customer service: 0/1 stars

It cannot get any more black/white than this. Too many good products/companies to waste another dime giving the Ready Store a second chance if they can’t even make contact.

2. User Score

November 5th, 2015 Missoula, MT

We have used the ready store twice now. Both orders took quite a while to get. We are still waiting on part of a order placed in August and have had nothing but excuses when we call in to ask about it. They claim back orders and short supply but the exact same items have arrived from their competitor within 2 weeks without issue. They are also still selling the items they claim not to have without so much as a notification on their site about delays nor a email. We placed a large order thinking their issues last time were a fluke but after 3 months of excuses with this order we will not order from them again and give our business to their competition.

3. User Score

September 21st, 2015 Sun City, AZ

Nice courteous people but they shipped me four
    5 gallon water containers without the included lids.
    Never responded to my emails requesting correction
    of the problem.

4. User Score

July 20th, 2015 Manteca, CA

I can’t say enough good things about the Ready Store. Our family have been customers for several years now. We live in Alaska and have always found that they ship quickly and all items arrive in perfect condition. Their tutorials are a great help and the reviews they put up with every item help a lot with decision making. Their telephone representatives are courteous, kind and never condescending. (I’m sensitive to that attitude, being 73 and used to younger folk talking down to “the old folk”.) If you have any questions, they are always happy to answer quickly and though I’ve never had any reason to return anything, I’m positive they would handle that as efficiently and politely as they do everything else. I’d recommend them highly to everyone.