How we rank for
We determine how much an email marketing company charges for its services. Email marketing services offer a number of possible pricing models such as a flat, one-time fee, or monthly pricing. We will also look at any pricing packages a company offers at varying costs.
6% Free Trial
Simply put, we evaluate a company on whether it offers a free trial or demo of its services.
6% Money Back Guarantee
We also look at any money back guarantees the company may offer, as well as any conditions to or limitations of these guarantees.
10% System Features
While email marketing services offer a number of features to their services, we evaluate these companies on the following:
- Inbox/Email Preview: Allows users to preview an email prior to sending it to customers
- A/B Testing: Allows users to run two simultaneous email campaigns to determine their success relative to one another
- Survey: Allows users to draft and distribute surveys to their contacts list
- Clickmap: Allows users with analysis on how customers are engaging with their email marketing campaigns, i.e., tells users what links users are clicking on within the emails they receive
- Autoresponder: Allows users to automatically send either recurring or triggered email messages to their contacts list
9% Image Hosting Capacity
Image hosting means the company will allow users to upload their own images to the company’s website to be stored on company servers. Each company does image hosting a little differently; while some provide unlimited hosting, others limit image sizes to a certain number of gigabytes or megabytes; meanwhile, other simply limit the number of images a user can upload.
6% Image Library
We determine whether an email marketing company has and gives users access to an array of images already loaded to the company servers.
7% Social Media Integration
We examine a company’s ability to integrate with social media platforms, as well as any social media marketing capabilities the company provides to its users.
8% Mobile-Friendly/Responsive Templates
A responsive design implies that the company’s content and templates will automatically adjust in size and display to fit whatever screen the user happens to be viewing it on (e.g. smartphone, tablet, desktop, etc.).
15% Consumer Reviews
This site is designed to let consumers share their experiences. Given our expertise in many industries and the knowledge that we have gained over the years, we know that some of the most important opinions come from real customers. That is why we have allocated so much of our overall rating to the voice of our validated customer reviews. The Consumer Reviews Score is broken down into three metrics:
- The Average User Score
- Total Number of Reviews
- Total Number of Reviews in the last 12 months
These 3 metrics not only help us understand what consumers are saying, they also help us gain an understanding of volume and recency. All of which are critical to understanding the value of a company in the eyes of the consumer.
Note: this is different from the user score that is displayed on each company profile. The “user score” that is publicly displayed is the average of all user scores published for a given profile.
User Review Moderation
In order to prevent fake and misleading user reviews, BestCompany.com has a review moderation team specifically assigned to moderating all user reviews for all companies listed on the site. This team follows a very specific and strict moderation process that has been designed by gathering learnings from mistakes other major review sites have made in the past.
This moderation process involves a “flag” system where a flag is assessed for each negative attribute associated with a user review. Too many flags result in a disapproval of a user review. Some of the things our moderation staff looks for and assigns potential flags to include:
- Email address verification of the user
- IP address duplication and region check
- User review semantic verification
- Is the user an employee of the organization?
- Is the user associated with a competitor of the organization?
- Foul language of any kind
- Relevance of the content pertaining to the company and the review
As you can probably tell, we take our user review moderation process very seriously. We believe accuracy and authenticity is critical when it comes to user reviews, and as a result we are constantly finding new ways to evolve our user moderation process to make it better. Please note that while we do our best to manually moderate each and every user review, mistakes can be made; however, our dedication to resolving errors in our process is what sets us apart from other review sites in the industry.
18% Expert Review
Along with the criteria points mentioned above, we take into account a variety of other factors that help determine the viability, stability and trustworthiness of a company. As experts, we conduct an extensive research process specifically tailored to each industry that considers many additional factors including:
- Financial Standing of the organization
- The number of industry experts and professionals on staff
- The company’s ability to scale
- Historical revenue/growth
- Past and current lawsuits
- Customer service and transparency
- And much more.
We consider this Expert Review process a vital component of how we rank and review companies. As a result, the factors included are always changing, adapting, and updating. We also reserve the right to voice our expert opinions as a part of each review.