Whether you’re looking for a free service to get you up and running or a service to cover your high-volume email marketing, VerticalResponse offers a number of features to create and deliver emails to your customers, then analyze how well your communications were received.
- Generous free plan
- Responsive design templates
- Social media integration
- Customer support
One of the best things about VerticalResponse is its generous free plan. Where most competitors offer a free limited trial, VerticalResponse’s doesn’t expire. Their free plan allows for 1,000 contacts, 4,000 emails per month, and lets you link to a Facebook and Twitter. If you need more than what the free plan offers, VerticalResponse has a variety of plans—both per month plans and per email plans—so it’s easy to find a plan to fit your needs. They also offer high-volume plans, as well, and can offer pricing if you call for a quote.
VerticalResponse provides free professionally designed templates on all of their plans. Their templates adhere to a “responsive design’ principle which means that they will adjust no matter how your customers are viewing their email—on a phone, tablet, or PC. After selecting a template, you can drag and drop images and text into the email and position them easily wherever you’d like. Easily adjust colors, sizes, patterns, and add customized buttons and links.
The autoresponder is designed to help you business but save you time. It allows you to set up automatic email commands, for example when a new customer joins your list. Automated Follow-up Emails can also automatically resend an email message to those contacts who didn’t open the original email. And follow-up reports make it easy to see important statistics like who opened your email and what links they clicked on, which makes individualized followup quick and easy.
Since 60% of time online is spent on social media, VerticalResponse has placed a big emphasis on everything converting seamlessly to sites like Facebook and Twitter. That means not only is your entire customer list getting your emails, followers can easily share the message with their friends online.
VerticalResponse is reachable by phone, live chat, or email if you have questions, with several more answers posted online between their forum, blog, and YouTube channel.
- Difficulty importing contacts
- Lack of pricing transparency
- Limited features
- Not optimized for all browsers
- Response time
Despite claims on their website that VerticalResponse offers contact management tools to upload your existing contact lists, users have experienced glitches when it came time to actually do so. And while there are some nice pre-designed templates, these templates are relatively limited in number and diversity.
If you’re interested in finding out pricing on high volume plans, you will not find that information online. Likewise, you can’t simply email to find out pricing. Instead, a representative will email you back to set up a phone call.
The $8.80/month plan is one of the most affordable on the market, but it doesn’t include all of the features that VerticalResponse offers. The social media marketing tools, surveys, and event-planing features will cost you extra.
VerticalResponse isn’t optimized for all browsers. It is designed to work with Explorer or Firefox, so if you prefer other browsers, like Chrome, you’ll have trouble using the program.
Despite offering a live-chat for support, they’re often busy or unavailable requiring you to email your question instead, which can then cost you even more time to find your answer. Their phone service is not 24/7, and is only available Monday through Friday, 6am-5pm PST.
- Monthly: Starting at $11.00/month for 500 contacts
- Send unlimited emails
- Connect 3 Facebook or Twitter accounts
- Remove VerticalResponse branding in email footer
- Automated Follow-up Emails
- Upgrade to “pro” for $12.75/month and also get up to 6 Facebook or Twitter accounts, dedicated contact person, delivery rate improvement review and an email template with your logo
Pay as You Go
- Monthly: Starting at $7.50 for 300 emails
- Send emails and share them with social followers
- Buy and use email credits like stamps
- Volume discounts-the more you buy, the more you save
- No monthly fees or contracts
- Credits are good for 3 months from the date of purchase
- Autoresponder welcome emails (included for limited time)
- Connect one Facebook and one Twitter account
- Unlimited contacts
- Unlimited signup forms
- Unlimited social followers and posts
- Award-winning phone, chat and email technical support
High Volume Senders:
- Must contact for pricing