Squarespace is an online, hosted tool designed to help you set up an ecommerce store in the quickest way possible. It allows you to focus on the design and feel of you store, while it focuses on the technical parts, like hosting, domain handling, servers, etc..

The Good

• Pricing
  • Quality of Templates
  • Mobile Friendly

Pricing

Squarespace offers four different monthly pricing options:

• Personal — $16 per month
  • Business — $26 per month
  • Basic — $30 per month
  • Advanced — $46 per month

If you want to pay upfront for a year, the costs average out respectively at $12, $18, $26, and $40 per month.

The personal and business packages are labeled as website packages while the basic and advanced are labeled as online stores. It is worth noting that the personal plan is the only one without ecommerce functionality, meaning you aren’t able to sell products with that plan.

Quality of Templates

Squarespace offers very modern and contemporary looking templates. Design is definitely a priority, and it shines above competitors in this area. There are only 22 different templates available, yet most of them contain several variants within them. All 22 templates are available with each plan.

Mobile Friendly

All of the Squarespace templates are mobile friendly and responsive on mobile devices. This helps make your site more accessible to a broader range of users; it carries SEO benefits as well.

The Bad

• Advanced Marketing Tools
  • Backend User Functionality

Advanced Marketing Tools

While Squarespace does have the basics, there are a lot of more advanced marketing features that either aren’t available or require some workarounds. For example, there are SEO options, but most require a workaround or two to get the right metadata in place.

Backend User Functionality

Due to the easy-to-use design platform, the backend functionality is not easy to navigate. This could be due to the fact that it is designed for you to use the platform that was created. If you don’t know too much about the technical side of things, this shouldn’t be an issue, but if you’re one who likes to make changes on the backend, you’ll want to make sure you’re okay with the limitations.

The Bottom Line

Squarespace is the perfect all-in-one ecommerce tool, especially for those looking for design-oriented, easy to use software. If you are more technologically savvy, this may be too simple of a tool for you, but the number of template designs and professional look may still be worth it in the end.

Juan

December 16th, 2019 Beaver, PA

Squarespace is a good place to create your own ecommerce website. It is easy to use and inexpensive.

Connor

December 5th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The possibilities are endless on Squarespace and provide a great opportunity to make your small business website your own. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the possibilities, but the help option is extremely helpful and the customer service is great if you get stuck.

Tony

November 12th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Square and it's very easy to use. Fees are standard of any bank and they also provide a free card scanner.

Kathryn Robinson

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Squarespace for online donations for a school fundraiser. I love the reports and data information Squarespace provides. It worked perfectly for the fundraiser and we were able to generate a lot of online donations using this platform.

Eric Smith

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have not had any trouble using squarespace. Its easy to upload new inventory and manage current inventory and I love the custom reports we can make.

Cooper

October 14th, 2019 Midway, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super user friendly interface with great variety of options to choose from. I enjoyed my experience.

Ellen Morris

October 4th, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SquareSpace is great because of how intuitive and easy it is to use. I have always been able to figure it out and I love how attractive the templates are.

Barry Henline

October 1st, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service for any small business to get up and running quickly with a great pricing structure.

bailey jo

September 27th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

easy to use, aesthetically pleasing- can be set up for any company- ecommerce service providers, portfolios- everything

Anne Sainsbury

June 10th, 2019 Payson, UT

Last year I had a friend who was raising money so she could go to India with the humanitarian group called Days for Girls. She sold necklaces and used Squarespace as her POS device. I helped her sell the necklaces and squarespace worked great and without any hiccups! Ultimately, we were able to use it to receive the money from customers and earn enough for her trip!

Dean

May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Squarespace for a number of events and functions and they make it so easy to do business. Their fees are low for the service they provide and customer service is amazing!

Ashley

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If you want to stand out with a professional website, Squarespace is your answer. The templates are so beautiful and creative. You have a free trial to begin and its so surprisingly easy.

Rose Perez

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We created our website for our non-profit business using square space. It was easy to use and very user friendly for our customers

Brennan

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel like what sets SquareSpace apart from other ecommerce platforms is their back end software. The reporting from an accounting standpoint is amazing. We have never had problems with customers or product transactions. I would recommend Squarespace to anyone needing help with their ecommerce.

Brody B

February 8th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used SquareSpace for a previous businesses e-commerce website and was always happy with their service. Customers seemed to love the ease of use processing their payments and we never had any issues with charge disputes. The back end software is what I liked most about their e-commerce services. Reporting and reconciliation has never been easier.

Lindsey B

February 5th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used SquareSpace for our eCommerce transactions on our company website for years. The reports are very easy to use and the accounting aspects make reconciliation simple. I also know many people that use SquareSpace and have never heard any negative comments. That must say something when it comes to their overall product and service. I would highly recommend SquareSpace to anyone looking.

Shawn

December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use square space for our website and it has been great simple to use and they just started offering finance options for our clients which will be very helpful since we have large purchases on our site.

Rischelle Mikkelson

December 5th, 2018 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Square is very easy to integrate into our website with using Word press. They also have a payment option which is convenient for our customers. We get paid quickly and refunds are easy.

Gavin Schmalz

November 5th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SquareSpace is a great service if you need to build a website. the website templates that squarespace offer look great and the process of setting a website up is very simple. Squarespace offers features for selling things online and can help you manage your orders. they can also help link your website with Paypal or process credit cards for easy payment.

Violet Owl

June 28th, 2017

I had a problem with deleting an image. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I decided to reach out to customer service through their live chat. They were friendly and patient and didn't stop helping me until we solved the problem. I was very pleased and help that I chose squarespace to host my domain.

Ali Hanif

June 28th, 2017

SquareSpace has an awesome customer service team, although they aren't available real time if you tweet at them they get back to you same business day. the forums are quite detailed and you often can get your questions answered there, with the help of the community which is quite vocal

Patty Mascia

June 28th, 2017 Missoula, MT

I reach out to Squarespace via Twitter & was sent a link for one-on-one chat support. Lisa B. walked me through reinstalling the DNS (apparently I had broken the site myself - oops! XD) and was very patient with my browser-juggling. She was very kind and helpful, and I truly appreciate her guidance.

Sandra Dubas

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have used their service for the last couple of years and most of the time I'm satisfied with what they have to offer. Their mobile app is very easy to use but I couldn't find a way to export my my inventory from their app. Also, their templates are simple and very useful.

Maile Curtis

June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Great content and layouts. It was really easy to build a website that I wanted for my business. I never had a problem with them.

Kamau Patrick

June 5th, 2017

100% uptime, user friendly, responsive customer care, good designs. Although it doesnt have 100% of features i wanted,i still believe its the best service that fits me. Their secure websites for customers is such a good thing!

Noah Love

April 19th, 2017

I moved my site over it square space and bough I had no understanding of building a website, each template allowed me to customize to my liking. I love how free I am to make my site my own. The pricing and domain and email set up is streamlined for convience and the add-on's are amazing!!!

Naz Taha

April 18th, 2017

Key worden: excellent service , elegant layouts, show of Analytics, globalisering, userfriendly, Social media, quick response on Twitter

Chad Hamre

October 19th, 2016

I really like squarespace for simple content sites, but I was using it for ecommerce. Eventually I need to migrated to something like shopify or tic tail, but was horrified to find out there was no way to export my ecommerce inventory from the app. This was crazy since I had manually created thousands of products, and there was no way to keep that work if I moved. After being held prisoner for a year, I finally found a chrome extension (http://export-squarespace-products.com) that would let export my entire product feed from squareapace and make the move to shopify. Ahhh.

william Sayer

December 1st, 2014 Greenville, SC

We had issues with my wife's website for her business on Squarespace. It worked fine on the IPhones we tested, but on the default browser for the Samsung Galaxy it would not navigate once you reached the homepage. You also couldn't fill in the information in the contact form on her page. She contacted Squarespace and they initially sent a generic email explaining some ridiculous steps that wouldn't work. She persisted in getting help from their customer support and they said it worked fine in Google Chrome on the Galaxy. Great! Now we just have to tell all of our potential customers to get Chrome! When my wife said that it was the default browser that didn't work and not Chrome, they said everything was fine on their end (just ignoring her concern). Galaxy owners outnumber IPhone owners 2 to 1. Most people don't download Chrome. They use the default browser. This is truly a horrible business practice. There is a valid problem here and they won't do a thing to fix it. By the way, this was tested on 3 different Galaxies with the same result.