ShopSite

ShopSite Logo

ShopSite

verified
Unlimited product listings.

ShopSite is a software that allows business owners to create an online store without having any coding knowledge, social media understanding, or integration capabilities. ShopSite was created in 1966 by a company called Central based in Provo, Utah and was one of the very first solutions on the market. In 1998 the company was acquired by a large public company called Open Market in Boston. In 2001, ShopSite spun off from Open Market and became ShopSite, Inc. The functionality of the ShopSite software allows for advanced settings to be integrated into an online store with minimal experience. There is a tier range however, which does restrict the online store to some degree. The platform is best for business owners looking to create a store with all necessary functions without having to be a master in coding.

Selz LogoSelz ›

9.5

Overall
Score

SquareSpace LogoSquareSpace ›

6.6

Overall
Score

3dcart Logo3dcart ›

6.2

Overall
Score

ShopSite LogoShopSite ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• Functionality
  • Market and Growth Opportunities
  • No Transaction Fees

As mentioned previously, the ShopSite platform makes building out an online store simple and straightforward. In addition to being able to build out an entire online store, ShopSite allows for business owners to then market and grow their businesses all through their software. ShopSite does not charge transaction fees which allows for business owners to maximize their profits. It is also available in all 50 states and international.

The Bad

• Software Price
  • Product Tier Range

Since there are no transaction fees charged, customers that build out a site using ShopSite are expected to pay for the software. While there are free options available, in order to utilize all functions and capabilities, customers will need to pay $59.99 for the Pro plan to build out their online store. Instead of paying a monthly fee, there is an option for a one-time payment for each plan. Additionally, there is a lowest product tier range that clients often are obligated to uphold.

The Bottom Line

Customers who need to build out an online store and do not have the coding knowledge or experience necessary to do so will find the ShopSite software to be valuable. This is a great place for new businesses just starting to sell products online to use. While there may be some upfront costs, clients will benefit from the fact that their transactions are not charged.

Richard Blasco
June 8th, 2017 Houston, TX

Outstanding support. Any questions or assistance I needed was always answered with exceptional turn around time excellent insight. A true partner in building my business.

Michael M Gorman
June 2nd, 2017 Bowie, MD

When the ISP I was using started providing very poor customer service, I went looking for another. Based on reviews I narrowed it down to several, but for each I asked the following two questions: 1. Can & Will you migrate my website without any intervention from me. 2. Can you provide access to ShopSite which was my Store processor. The ISP that answered them both got my business. ShopSite is a great product and its customer service is excellent. Never had a problem that wasn't able to be resolved very quacking and was done right the first time. Excellent....