With over 9,000 merchants already listed on Ecwid, business owners would be joining a community that serves over 175 countries and has over 50 languages available. Ecwid has a top Facebook e-commerce app. Ecwid allows for flexibility and provides a space for an online presence. Business owners also have the ability to operate multiple stores and host on their own website.
- Strategic partners
- Pricing packages
Ecwid provides a flexible shopping cart service that can integrate with your current website. Ecwid makes it easy to provide an online store that is seamless and compatible with virtually any website, all the business owner has to do is insert a few lines of code.
Ecwid has a number of strategic partners to help facilitate their e-commerce platform. These partners include website builders, web hosters, and even service providers who use Ecwid's global e-commerce solution. These partnerships include:
- Endurance International Group
Ecwid offers four different pricing packages for business owners to choose from. There is a free option that is rather limited, but business owners can upgrade their store at any point. None of the plans require transaction fees to help maximize profits.
Business owners can decide which features are necessary to their operation and what they will need to help their business grow. Each package is broken down as follows:
- 10 products
- Mobile optimized
- Add a store to any website
- Sell simultaneously on multiple sites including
- Accept payments directly on website
Venture - $15/month ($12.50/month if paid annually)
- 100 products
- Discount coupons available
- Sell anywhere with PayPal Here and iZettle
- Enhanced SEO capabilities
- Android and iOS store management app
- Live chat support
- Everything that comes in free plan
Business - $35/month ($29.17/month if paid annually)
- 2,500 products
- White glove setup and on-boarding
- Advertise on major marketplaces
- Wholesale pricing groups
- Edit orders
- Phone support
- Ability to sell eBay.com
- Everything that comes in Venture plan
Unlimited - $69/month ($57.50/month if paid annually)
- Unlimited products
- Priority support
- Customization included in annual plans
- Square POS integration
- Everything that comes in Unlimited plan
After a business owner decides which package will best suit their needs, they will need to add the appropriate code and set up their shopping cart. Depending on specific package details, business owners will be able to conduct the following to improve their shopping cart experience:
- Add products and categories - through the "catalog" page, you can see demo products and categories. From here, you can remove current specifications and add your own. There is also the "gallery" feature available to improve the browsing experience. There are also product option capabilities to include items such as size and color.
- Customize store's look - there are default settings optimized to suit browsers and settings, but you can change the appearance of the online stores using CSS. Simply navigate to system settings, design, and then CSS Themes.
- Add social networks - Ecwid is also compatible with social networks so a shopping cart can be added to a Facebook profile.
- Package discrepancies
- Limited domain authority
In order to maximize the use of Ecwid's e-commerce platform, business owners will need to purchase the most expensive package. Their premier package is comparable in price, but the drop off between the Unlimited package and the business package is quite substantial.
Limited Domain Authority
Ecwid also doesn't have the same level of domain authority as other e-commerce platforms. This is not necessarily going to impact revenue streams, but it is something to be aware of when making a decision for a shopping cart platform.
The Bottom Line
Ecwid allows business owners to keep their website and run an online shopping cart in a seamless and supported manner. Business owners who decide to use Ecwid on their website will need to follow three relatively steps to get their shopping cart up and available for use:
- Create an Ecwid account
- Log into Ecwid control panel, open dashboard page, select integration code and copy it
- Paste the copied code into the source code and refresh the page