Get easy to use, innovative software – CoreCommerce platforms come with a variety of user-friendly features designed to grow with your shop business online. This company includes all of their “extra features” standard with each package at no additional cost. The CoreCommerce Best Value Promise states that CoreCommerce will stand by their service, and offer the best pricing per product in the eCommerce market. There are zero transaction fees on every plan, which saves you a small percentage compared to other eCommerce competitors. SSL certificates are also offered free of charge.
Things that we liked with CoreCommerce were:
- Offers over 200+ free templates and themes to choose from (one of the highest number of themes in the industry).
- 150 products for their $40 plan, “Pioneer”.
- Supports over 50 different payment processors including its own processor, CoreCommerce Processing.
- $50 in credit for Facebook ads.
When you’re ready to design your shop CoreCommerce comes with hundreds of free templates designed in-house by a design team, and there’s no extra charge for “premium” templates. If you’d like a different theme, you can opt to have the design team create a more unique custom template for you.
To get a dedicated SSL certificate installed CoreCommerce bills about $95 each time. Otherwise a standard SSL Certificate will be included on all CoreCommerce shop platforms. Some eCommerce companies have their own in-house payment system or gateway but this company does not.
A couple of things that concerned us with CoreCommerce were:
- Highest price for a starter plan, $40 per month.
- Only $50 of Facebook ads credit with their most expensive plan.
- No live previews or demos of their templates.
It is easier for a customer to use an eCommerce platform’s service when they can use a theme offered by that company. It’s even better when the user can preview the theme and get a feel and idea for how they will want it to look with their brand and products. Having a live preview feature for themes and templates helps users explore the pages and features available with that theme.
CoreCommerce still works with over 50 payment gateways to support payments through your shop. They also don’t include a CDN like other eCommerce sites do. Not having a CDN will affect the overall SEO and web traffic to your shop. Also the Bandwidth is fairly limited which may slow down traffic on your page.
- Level 1 Plan: Pioneer at $39.99/month – Get 2 GB Bandwidth, 1 GB Storage, 150 Products, 5 Email Accounts, 24/7 Support, and $50 Facebook Ads Credit.
- Level 2 Plan: Advanced at $89.99/month – Get 4 GB Bandwidth, 5 GB Storage, 1,000 Products, 10 Email Accounts, 24/7 Support, and $50 Facebook Ads Credit.
- Level 3 Plan: Professional at $139.99/month – Get Unlimited Bandwidth, 10 GB Storage, 6,000 Products, 15 Email Accounts, 24/7 Support, and $50 Facebook Ads Credit.
- Level 4 Plan: Premier at $199.99/month – Get Unlimited Bandwidth, 50 GB Storage, Unlimited Products, 25 Email Accounts, 24/7 Support, $50 Facebook Ads Credit, and a White Glove Setup.
Fees (Transaction Fees): All CoreCommerce plans have 0% Transaction Fees.
Hidden fees (Y/N): Yes. If you go over the product amount for your plan, you will be charged extra or upgraded to new plan that allows more products to be hosted. There is also an installation fee ($95) every time your certificate is renewed. You may choose to opt for a 3 year certificate to avoid this fee in the future.
Free trial (Y/N): Yes. The free trial period lasts one month (30 days). The free trial includes 2,500 products 50 MB of storage space.
Storefront Security (10=highly secured): 8. CoreCommerce storefronts are highly secure. This company is certified PCI compliant, and they host thousands of stores online today. CoreCommerce handles a great amount of transactions by having over 50 secured gateways to choose from. Along with these CoreCommerce security system benefits, they’ve partnered with GoDaddy to provide a top, highly secure SSL certificate free of charge which protects every customer’s information. All CoreCommerce store come with a free SSL, but a dedicated SSL certificate will help your store hold a more professional feel, keep user experience cohesive, and help build customer trust overall. The dedicated SSL is available as an extra and costs more to install.
Storefront Design (10= highly designable): 9. CoreCommerce gives you hundreds of free templates to choose from that are designed in-house. Premium themes are also available at no extra cost. If you prefer a different theme for your shop, CoreCommerce has an in-house design team design available to build unique themes/templates specific to what your shop needs. Otherwise customers with little coding experience can design their own storefront by using the standard edit/design options, HTML, or CSS. Custom designs may be priced extra depending on project.
Time in business: CoreCommerce has been in business since 2001, serving eCommerce needs for both individuals and businesses across the globe.