A Forever Recovery is a rehabilitation center located in Battle Creek, Michigan. Among other things, it helps patients work through drug addiction and adapt its programs to individual needs. In particular, it is highly recommended for its detoxification services and individualized terms of treatment.

Rank Chart
5.0
#4
a-forever-recovery-thumbnail
4.8

The Good

• Detoxification
  • Types of programs

Detoxification

A Forever Recovery isn’t the only organization to offer onsite detox, but it does an excellent job of describing exactly what a patient can expect during this part of recovery. During this time, the organization conducts extensive medical tests, such as a urinalysis and blood level tests, to establish what kind of treatment the patient needs. After that, A Forever Recovery monitors the duration of the detox and amps up vitamin and mineral levels. In short, the company strives to keep patients informed and relaxed during what is, for many people, an extremely difficult part of recovery.

Types of Programs

A Forever Recovery provides several different program options. Not only does it offer the popular 12-step recovery model; clients can also choose from a Christian-based treatment, a cognitive approach, holistic practices, self-help, and even Native American practices. The organization respects each individual patient and strives to make it possible for a variety of patients to recover with it.

The Bad

• Lack of specialization
  • Looser program

Lack of Specialization

For some clients, it can be a disadvantage for a recovery center to cater to so many different individuals. For example, patients who prefer a Christian-based approach might want to work with a company that specializes in that approach, not one that offers it on a platter with several other options. Similarly, someone who believes that holistic practices will help them the most in their recovery might want to attend a facility where only holistic practices are emphasized.

Looser Program

A Forever Recovery’s programs may feel too loose for some patients because the organization leaves several important decisions, such as program length and discharge, up to the patient.

The Bottom Line

All in all, A Forever Recovery has its pros and cons, but it has an excellent reputation and strives to cater to a variety of patients.

If you prefer a regimented program with a company that specializes in its recovery approach, A Forever Recovery may not be the right choice for you, as it is a bit more flexible than most companies. However, if you would enjoy the flexibility and individualized options that A Forever Recovery offers, it might be a wonderful option to help you overcome your addiction and become whole again.

X close
X close

2 A Forever Recovery Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

January 19th, 2017 Alma, MI

I went to A Forever Recovery to get help with a drug problem I’ve had since I was 16. I had been to other rehabs before and none of them were able to help me the way AFR did. The staff there are unbelievable amazing. Having someone to talk to who actually understands what you’re dealing with, not just saying they understand helps more than you can imagine. You don’t feel as if you’re being judged for the things you did when you were getting high. Having that makes AFR a safe environment where you get the help you need. Going to AFR changed my life. For the first time since I started using drugs I’m enjoying my life again. I didn’t think I could be this happy or have this much fun without drugs. My relationships with my dad just gets better and better. We can talk again and it isn’t a strained conversation about me getting high or the rehabs he thinks I should look at. My dad was the one who found A Forever Recovery and set everything up for me to go there and I’m so grateful that he found the facility and convinced me to give rehab another try. I’m clean today because of the work he put into finding me a facility that would be able to help me.

2. User Score

September 21st, 2016 Alma, MI

Having my daughter go through the program at A Forever Recovery was the best decision I could have made regarding her treatment for drug abuse. She has been in and out of rehabs since she started using heroin. The thing with my daughter though is that she tries to stay clean. After every rehab she went to when she graduated and came home she would try so hard to stay clean. The sheer effort and willpower it was taking just to simply not use drugs was making her miserable. Her drug addiction was wearing on everyone and this last time she relapsed we started looking for something different. When we found A Forever Recovery it was the perfect solution. The program at AFR is different from every other program she’s ever been to. Having different treatment options seems so smart to me and yet it’s the other rehab my daughter’s been to that has had different options. My daughter was able to choose the recovery path she wanted to take and that she thought would be most beneficial to her. It made a huge difference with her right from the start. She was really able to take charge of her own recovery. I really appreciate that facility is in a secluded area. Knowing that she doesn’t have temptation right outside the door really eased my mind while she was there. My daughter graduated from the program 6 months ago. This is the longest she has stayed clean and sober. She’s still working on her recovery and still talks to the counselors at AFR when she has a tough day and yet she’s not miserable in her effort to stay clean and sober. She’s happy and healthy and doing what she needs to in order to ensure she stays clean and sober. I’m incredibly impressed with the way A Forever Recovery handled my daughter. I highly recommend A Forever Recovery if there’s someone you need to send to treatment for drug or alcohol abuse. The program along with the staff there really changed my daughter’s life to such a drastic degree that some days I can’t believe how well my daughter is doing now.