How we rank for
8% Membership Fees
Most services come with a price tag. In the case for Dropship Services, this comes in the form of membership fees. Many companies have different services included with their fees so it is important to keep in mind that membership fees are only one point of the ranking criteria.
10% Wholesale Prices
Dropship services offer products to you at wholesale prices. To ensure you are getting the most out of your company we check to make sure you are getting a Wholesale Low Price Guarantee. With this guarantee, if you find that you are being charged too much, you can get refunds or discounts (depending on the company).
12% Products Offered
Determining a Dropship Service requires you to know what products you want to promote. Amount of product, type of product and brand of product vary among Dropship Services. This criterion is very important when determining your service because it needs to match your business model for you to be successful. It is also important to note whether or not minimum order quantities are enforced per order.
10% Delivery and Package Quality
- Delivery: Your dropship service needs to be able to honor your shipping promises. If you offer 2-Day shipping for all of your orders, then you need to make sure that your service can close on that. Also, tracking on shipments is very important. Customers like to have an idea when they will see their package delivered.
- Package Quality: Depending on your service will determine if you require special packaging. This includes: blind shipping (no return address, no sign that this is coming from a 3rd-party), custom packaging and overall quality (common damages of boxes, tape coming off, etc.)
8% Real-Time Inventory System
Real-Time Inventory System is broken up into two sub-categories: notifications and export capabilities.
- Low inventory notifications help alert you so that you do not have to put products on backorder or keep your customers waiting.
- Data export capabilities are the ability to pull pictures and descriptions directly from the dropshipper’s site and unto yours. This comes in handy when you have thousands and thousands for products.
8% Shopping Cart Integration
The ability for the dropship service to integrate with your shopping cart will ensure immediate alert for a new shipment. This is vital for time-saving and quick delivery.
5% Free Trial
This gives you a preview of the Dropship service. This score is determined by length of the free trial and what it entails. A free trial shows that the Dropship service is confident in its’ service and wants you to see for yourself!
4% BBB Rating
Although not a perfect indicator, and sometimes biased (based on some things that we’ve seen in the industry), the BBB ranking is a very important data point for most consumers, and therefore we have given this a higher weight. Keep in mind that there are many companies that have very low ratings on their BBB score that are based on the industry they are in, and not consumer feedback.
15% Consumer Reviews
This site is designed to let consumers share their experiences. Given our expertise in many industries and the knowledge that we have gained over the years, we know that some of the most important opinions come from real customers. That is why we have allocated so much of our overall rating to the voice of our validated customer reviews. The Consumer Reviews Score is broken down into three metrics:
- The Average User Score
- Total Number of Reviews
- Total Number of Reviews in the last 12 months
These 3 metrics not only help us understand what consumers are saying, they also help us gain an understanding of volume and recency. All of which are critical to understanding the value of a company in the eyes of the consumer.
Note: this is different from the user score that is displayed on each company profile. The “user score” that is publicly displayed is the average of all user scores published for a given profile.
User Review Moderation
In order to prevent fake and misleading user reviews, BestCompany.com has a review moderation team specifically assigned to moderating all user reviews for all companies listed on the site. This team follows a very specific and strict moderation process that has been designed by gathering learnings from mistakes other major review sites have made in the past.
This moderation process involves a “flag” system where a flag is assessed for each negative attribute associated with a user review. Too many flags result in a disapproval of a user review. Some of the things our moderation staff looks for and assigns potential flags to include:
- Email address verification of the user
- IP address duplication and region check
- User review semantic verification
- Is the user an employee of the organization?
- Is the user associated with a competitor of the organization?
- Foul language of any kind
- Relevance of the content pertaining to the company and the review
As you can probably tell, we take our user review moderation process very seriously. We believe accuracy and authenticity is critical when it comes to user reviews, and as a result we are constantly finding new ways to evolve our user moderation process to make it better. Please note that while we do our best to manually moderate each and every user review, mistakes can be made; however, our dedication to resolving errors in our process is what sets us apart from other review sites in the industry.
20% Expert Review
Along with the criteria points mentioned above, we take into account a variety of other factors that help determine the viability, stability and trustworthiness of a company. As experts, we conduct an extensive research process specifically tailored to each industry that considers many additional factors including:
- Financial Standing of the organization
- The number of industry experts and professionals on staff
- The company’s ability to scale
- Historical revenue/growth
- Past and current lawsuits
- Customer service and transparency
- And much more.
We consider this Expert Review process a vital component of how we rank and review companies. As a result, the factors included are always changing, adapting, and updating. We also reserve the right to voice our expert opinions as a part of each review.