- Risk-Free Trial: Simplx offers a 7-day trial for $1.95 for members to decide if they want to join.
- Extensive list of name brands including:
- All returns and customer service issues are handled by the supplier
- Tracking numbers are provided for all products
- Advanced search tools allow for ease in finding inventory
Simplx has a long history of deceptive business practices, with many complaints registered about billing, customer service and deceptive business practices.
- Billing: Customers report that their credit cards are charged for services which have been cancelled according to Simplx policy.
-Billing amounts are not fully disclosed to customers when they sign up and many report that they receive bills for amounts which they never agreed to.
- Customer Service: While representatives are easy to contact, their hard-sell tactics and lack of answering basic questions is difficult to understand. There is a strong push to close a sell when talking to customer service representatives from Simplx rather than to give information so that prospective customers are aware of what they are purchasing.
- Deceptive Business Practices: Former customers report that Simplx is not a true drop shipping service, but a company that set up affiliate marketing sites or gives referrals for affiliate marketing.
-After signing up for a discounted 7-Day trial of $1.95, customers are then directed to apply for a membership and pay $19.95 to offset the processing of the application. These fees are non-refundable. Reports from customers who paid fees suggest that those whose applications are rejected were so because they did not currently have a webstore.