Dropship Direct

Dropship Direct Logo

Dropship Direct

Monthly Membership Costs: Undisclosed

Dropship Direct is located out of Lincoln City, Oregon. They offer products in several industries. Some of their main industries include: at home, electronics, gifts, sports, outdoors, automotive, etc.

365 Dropship Logo365 Dropship ›

6.6

Overall
Score

SaleHoo LogoSaleHoo ›

Worldwide Brands LogoWorldwide Brands ›

Dropship Direct LogoDropship Direct ›

Reviews

The Good

• Experience
  • No Minimums
  • Filters

Experience

Dropship Direct has been in business for over 10 years, giving them a lot of experience in the services they provide. Their website is equipt with multiple features to make your experience simple and fast. Dropship Direct provides the following features:

•  PushList datafeed technology provides 100% fully customized inventory datafeed templates
  • Orders can be submitted online or via email with a CSV format
  • Optional fast checkout
  • UPC, eBay Category ID, and Amazon ASIN data is automatically available for those using PushList
  • Organic and "green" products are plentiful

No Minimums

Dropship Direct doesn't require a minimum drop ship orders (99% of the time). You have the flexibility to order exactly the amount of product you need.

Filters

Dropship Direct offers multiple filters to make you ordering experience simple and convenient. Catalog can be browsed with the following filters:

• New Products
  • Brand
  • Free Shipping
  • Flat Rate
  • QuickShip

The Bad

• Approval
  • Pricing
  • Inventory Updates

Approval

In order to see pricing information with Dropship Direct, one must sign up for a free membership and be approved. This process can take up to 2 business days. Customer service representatives are willing to give some information over the phone however as to pricing between applying for an account and being approved.

Pricing

Wholesale pricing is slightly higher than some of the competition, and using PushList to automate listings is not free, which is not disclosed before creating a membership with Dropship Direct. However, Dropship Direct offers wholesale pricing and discounts on bulk orders.

Inventory Updates

Inventory is not updated in real-time, as it is with the competition.

The Bottom Line

For those wanting to start a Dropshipping business, Dropship Direct is a good option. PushList is not free to use and is required for those selling products with Dropship Direct. This can be considered the membership fee. It is important to note that inventory is not real-time and that these levels should be monitored to ensure that products can be offered to customers.

Dropship Direct does not have minimums for "99%" of their inventory and they offer blind shipping services so that customers build loyalty and recognition of your services and can become repeat customers.

PushList automates listings and inventory for eBay and Amazon Marketplace as well as several other sites. Personalized templates are also provided. The cost for using PushList is less than $30/month and free for high-volume sellers. Considering the relative low-cost and automation benefit, the relative cost as compared to other dropshipping suppliers is low.

Mike Little
June 25th, 2018 West Jefferson, NC DETAILS

I had 6 years experience with these people...yes, I was dumb enough to stay that long. They offered very little help in getting started. My total sales during this time was 4 products, not including what I personally bought from them. Far warning, their data feeds are terrible. I had to do custom php programs to get all products into my database because of poorly formatted data. I.E. hundreds of pricing errors that will get you burnt, custom codes used by them to identify certain products as call for price (but they never provided instructions as to what codes they were using until I inquired), DID I SAY PRICING ERRORS???, missing descriptions, missing product names, wrong images for products, missing images, etc. At the worst point, 30% of the products could not be offered for sale due to errors with the data. Support was okay (not the best) up until they replaced their data delivery system twice within 2 years...the last one was 3 months before the busiest online shopping time of the year. The original data delivery system was by far the best of the three...it just kept getting worse every time they would implement changes. At one point, they even cut me off from their system because I got pretty irritated about their lack of response to pricing, data errors, and lack of customer support response time (credit Kodi). I offered solutions to their support staff, but it seemed like they didn't care about all the data errors. I will not do business with them again until they replace their technical department head and fix their customer support. The product selection is great, but not priced competitively.

Ferro
February 14th, 2018 Centreville, VA

This is their response when I submitted application as a new buyer!!! I had to send 4 emails to inquire about my application status and received 1 response below after my 4th email! Basically, they're telling me, we don't want your business...poor!!! "Hello there, DSDI is temporarily ceasing operations while we review our Business Model. Unfortunately, we aren't accepting any new applications/resellers. Further communication will be forth coming and will be listed on our website. Team DropshipDirect.com" Unprofessional, disrespectful and ignorant company!

Lisa Parks
December 18th, 2017 Plano, TX DETAILS

BEFORE SIGNING UP ....... TRY CALLING THEIR SUPPORT. ( CALLED 20 TIMES AND THEY DON'T PICK UP OR ANSWER EMAILS. THEY DO NOT PICK UP OR SHIP OUT YOUR PRODUCTS. EVERY REVIEW ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS TRUE. IF THE OWNER IS READING THIS........ YOU ARE LOSING MONEY AND RUNNING A POOR BUSINESS OR YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE TERRIBLE.

Dennis Fernandez
December 18th, 2017 DETAILS

If I can give zero, I will! Worst dropship company to work with. Customer service is very poor. Invetory is not real-time. You will lost more money if your customer returns an item because they charge %15 to 35% restocking fee. It will take 1-2 days before you get a reply or not get a reply at all. They will just keep you hanging. And then, without any warning they will delete their inventory and if you are dropshipping to Ebay, these are reasons enough to get you kick out permanently. They don't care! Don't even bother signing up. Gruesome!!!

Samantha
November 1st, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

They never pick up, orders are always late, prices are too high to even get anything sold!

Kaylee
October 25th, 2017 DETAILS

I was very excited to use a dropship company with such a large inventory base, but it's been a fiasco trying to get someone to explain how to push to Amazon. They make it sound very easy but when trying, I found they left out many important steps. Amazon is the only support I've received through this. I left a message with DRDI voicemail on both numbers, they rarely answer and they don't return calls, once a girl answered and she was vague and just gave me the basics answers. I gave them a chance twice, I'm just not impressed.

Kai
September 18th, 2016 West Palm Beach, FL

I signed up and went through the whole process only to find out that they do not have competitive prices. I cant sell anything on ebay and amazon. Might get away with something on etsy as people think they're getting a unique product but that's scammy to me so i wouldnt do that if i were you. Ansd why do you have to pay for the Pushlist tool when it doesnt work.

Cardio
May 18th, 2016 Kirkland, WA

A lot of product however they have poor support. not recommended for beginners

Kristi
April 20th, 2016 Visalia, CA

Dropship Direct's website is not user friendly. The help link has very little information, there is not 24hr support which is important for those in different time zones, and the forum questions rarely have responses. The product pricing is not discounted enough to get a decent profit margin. If you are selling on Amazon you will just about break even once Amazon takes all of their fees. The customer service is non-existent. You are unable to view the product prices until after you pay a "Refundable" application fee. I paid the fee only to discover the prices were not discounted enough for me to profit. I emailed my "Rep" hoping she would be able to help me find profitable products, being that their catalogue is not easy to navigate, I was hoping I just overlooked something. Turned out she was on a vacation. When she returned she emailed me to ask me to call her. I called, but received a voicemail, so I left a message. I did not get a call returned. I continued my research and finally came to the conclusion that this was not going to work for my business. I emailed their Accounting department to request a refund, being that they do not disclose prices until after you pay, I believed a refund was warranted. I did not get a response. I emailed my Rep, this time also explaining the situation and requesting a refund and left my phone number. I did not get a response. Finally, I called and was told I had to sell 300 products a month to get a refund. There was not an attempt to assist me in locating products I could profit from or anything else to keep me as a customer. It's as if they know someone selling on Amazon cannot profit, so there is no point in helping them. Once they get your not "refundable" application fee they are done with you. I've never experienced anything like this. I would definitely call this a scam.