Name.com

LAST UPDATED: January 22nd, 2022

Name.com was founded in 2003 and provides domain registration, reselling, transfer, web hosting, and email services. The company is extremely customer service oriented and makes it easy for clients to build a website suited for individuals or small businesses.

Very philanthropy driven, Name.com supports causes such as the bike-to-work incentive program and offers a hosting initiative for the expansion of .org websites online. Name.com is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with over one million domains registered and almost as many websites.

The Good

• Price
  • Number of TLDs Available
  • ICANN Accreditation
  • Advanced Security
  • Knowledge Base

Price

Name.com is extremely transparent when it comes to pricing. When visiting the website, consumers can easily view all the pricing information for the standard and premium domains. Currently, Name.com charges 12.99 per year for .com domains — unless you get it on sale, then it could be as low as $9.99 per year.

Number of TLDs Available

Anyone searching for a large number of TLDs to purchase in bulk may want to look into Name.com. The domain provider offers a selection of over 500 domain names and extensions.

These names cover a broad spectrum of categories, from professional TLD extensions such as .attorney or .expert to more unique TLDs like .cafe, .deals, .boutique, and more. Name.com far surpasses the majority of domain name companies that only offer 100 domains.

ICANN Accreditation

Name.com is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar. This means that Name.com met all technical, operational, and financial criteria necessary to qualify as a registrar business. This accreditation allows Name.com to offer domain name registration services under gTLDs with direct access to gTLD registries.

ICANN charges a mandatory annual fee of $0.18 for each year of domain registration, renewal, or transfer. While you still have to pay this fee with Name.com, the company includes the ICANN fee in the total price.

This means there is no additional fee that is added once you go to checkout. With Name.com, customers know how much their domain name will cost from start to finish. Although the fee is only 18 cents, it changes the advertised price and puts off some consumers.

Advanced Security

Name.com takes customer security very seriously. In 2019, the company increased its security measures to protect your domain and personal information. This included upgrading its former Whois Privacy product to Advanced Security.

To understand why this is significant, you first must understand what information is accessible through the public Whois database. Whenever you register a domain name, ICANN requires that you provide some personal details. This includes your name, address, phone number, etc. This information is then automatically added to a publicly accessible database called Whois. The Advanced Security product offers Whois Privacy, a secure domain lock, and an SSL Certificate via Encryption Everywhere.

According to Name.com, the Domain Lock Plus provides the following protection: "The Domain Lock Plus adds a significant layer of security to your domains by restricting the ability to transfer them or make changes to their contact information when the lock is in place."

Name.com's SSL Certificate through the Encryption Everywhere program encrypts the information on your website to increase security. You have to pay an extra $4.99 for Advanced Security, but it's worth protecting your personal information.

Knowledge Base

Name.com's Knowledge Base is an excellent resource for consumers. Those with questions on how Name.com works, how to set up an account, how to transfer a domain name, and more will be impressed with the variety of helpful articles.

You can also find the contact information for all departments of Name.com. This is especially helpful as it can direct you to an article or a frequently asked question page that refers to your exact problem. If an article can't solve your issue, you can open a support ticket, request a callback, or start a live chat with an agent.

The Bad

• Costs to Transfer a Domain
  • Convoluted Refund Policy

Costs to Transfer a Domain

One disadvantage of using Name.com is transferring domains. If you want to transfer a domain into Name.com's registry will have to pay a transfer fee. The fees range from $7.99 to $59.99

Here are a few examples of Name.com's Transfer pricing:

• .com — $8.25
  • .net — $10.99
  • .in — $7.99
  • .info — $21.99
  • .io — $59.99

This is not a complete list. If you're interested in seeing the full list, we recommend visiting the company website for further information.

Many other domain registrars will cover the transfer fee's cost — so it's disadvantageous that Name.com does not. The transfer process itself is standard protocol, no more complicated than other domain companies, which the same rules apply. For example, your domain must be registered for at least 60 days for you to be eligible to transfer to Name.com.

Convoluted Refund Policy

When going through Name.com's refund policy, it can get pretty confusing.

For example, Name.com states that most domain name purchases can be refunded within the first five days of purchase, provided Name.com can remove the domain from your possession and return it to the registry.

However, there are a few exceptions to the five-day rule:

• .CA — Refundable within 4 days of purchase.
  • .MX — Refundable within 45 days of purchase.
  • .COM.MX — Refundable within 45 days of purchase.
  • .UK — Refunds are permitted on a case-by-case basis.

Additionally, refunds are not permitted with premium domain names. Name.com can't cancel nor refund pre-registrations. Domain name renewals are never refundable. Expiring domains are also never refundable.

This list of exceptions and conditions goes on for quite a while. If you are thinking of purchasing a product from Name.com, we suggest carefully reviewing the Refund Policy, so you're not stuck trying to get your money back for a product that doesn't work for you.

The Bottom Line

This ICANN-accredited, popular domain provider is recommended for several reasons. Name.com is one of the most affordable choices when it comes to domain names. The price increases after the first year, but this is mentioned when signing up, so at least you know what to expect. We appreciate Name.com's dedication to customer security. The Advanced Security will cost you, but the protection level it provides is well worth the money.

3.3

Oluwatobi Adeyemo Burlington, ON

I had a problem with the domain i purchased. This was my fault because i had spelt the domain name wrong. Brooklyn, the customer service person that attended to me was extremely patient with me, and processed my refund. she did not just send me a mail and expected me to sort it out by myself but was patient for me to do what i had to do and she did what she had to do till the refund process was completed. Name.com is also a customer-centric organisation for them to understand that such issues might occur and they have policies to help though who have such issues.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Oluwatobi, Things happen! We're so glad that our team was there to get everything sorted for you and your domain. We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to share about your experience and for choosing us as your domain registrar.

Jan. 10th, 2022

aileen l.

easy to research and buy domains impossible to get help via customer service would transfer domain out of name.com after purchasing if you want to build a site and enable someone else to be the admin - name.com doesn't seem to let anyone but the domain holder access the domain :(

Reply from Name.com

Hello Aileen, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take account security very seriously and want to ensure the safety of both domain ownership and management. If the domain owner has any questions about updating contact information or allowing account access, please have them contact [email protected] so we may further assist. Kind Regards, Amy

Jan. 24th, 2022

Hitesh Sharma Delhi, DL

Really appreciate your quick response. It reinforces my confidence in your company. I see your company as a very logical and ethical practicing company with a team of professionals who act quickly on customers issues. I thank you once again and wish you all the success to you all.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Hitesh, Thank you for glowing review and feedback. We appreciate you as a part of Name and will continue to do our best to provide our customers with the best possible service.

Jan. 13th, 2022

Thierry Parrot Caluire-et-Cuire, 69

I missed the account transfert from DYN and didn't apply the Name email for renewing domain account. Contacting the Name support chat after the suspension of the domain, I got a very clear and supportive response from the hosting expert to launch the process for restarting the domain and accessing my account again. Domain has been re-established immediately.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Thierry Parrot, Thank you so much taking the time to share about your experience. We greatly appreciate your support and for being a part of Name!

Dec. 22nd, 2021

Kenneth Guida Teaneck, NJ

Name.com is a easy company to do business with. I have all my domains registered with them. The price is right and the customer support is wonderful.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Kenneth, We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share about your experience. Thank you for choosing Name as your domain registrar, we're lucky to have you!

Jan. 24th, 2022

HimPetras Los Angeles, CA

I have only been a customer of name for about a week now and my domain is just sitting until I figure out what the heck I’m going to do with it. However, I have had some interactions with the customer service team and they have been delightful! Customer service is so important!! 5 stars for now, name!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello HimPetras, We are elated that you are a part of the Name family and have enjoyed your experience thus far. Your delightful review is very much appreciated!

Stephen Holland Decatur, IL

Reliable company with good support. When I have the occasional question or problem they deal with it efficiently. I’m not a developer, so my questions sometimes exceed what a hosting company can reasonably be expected to answer, but they do give appropriate answers to everything I’ve asked. They are a cPanel shop, so nonsupport fo NoSQL databases, but you do get both PostGres and MySQL. SSH works. They provide auto-lockout if too many bad login attempts happen (ask me how I know). Going through the logs they also have some spam blocking set up. Mail server lets you send email from your own domain rather than having to use a gmail or other account. Lots of blog and other prebuilt software solutions. They also don’t advertise your domain as being for sale on Whois queries. (That was the original reason I switched to name.com).

Reply from Name.com

Hello Stephen, That's what we're here for! We want to make sure we are accessible for any level of question or potential issue. Thank you so much for sharing about your experience, we're so glad you've chosen us as your domain registrar. Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 13th, 2021

dorith candy Melbourne, VIC

I must have been one of the worst customers Name.com ever put up with. I was always asking "how do I"? Despite sending me the answers from Zendesk, I still didn't understand how to set up a simple website. Perhaps I should not have had a go, but my time is running out. The response to my questions were fast, and polite. They could have told me to go away , try another company? But they didn't. The service wasn't just "good" it was "excellent"

Reply from Name.com

Hello Dorith, That's what we're here for. Our goal is to be as helpful as possible, no matter the issue. We're so glad that you continued to contact our support team for assistance and began the process of launching your site. Thank you for choosing us as your domain registrar! Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 8th, 2021

Dan Bowser New Bethlehem, PA

Name.com was recommended for registering a new domain name. I have domains registered with other firms for many years. Over that time, problems have arisen. While eventually worked out, it took time, energy, and much frustration to accomplish. I made an error entering information for our domain with Name.com. I couldn't correct the error and sought help from tech support. They not only responded promptly with on-point help, they followed up to see if I was satisfied or had other questions. It was so easy to correct an error of my making. Thanks, Name.com. I look forward to our future relationship.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Dan, We are so happy that you have joined the Name family, and it brings us great joy to hear that your support experience was quick and efficient. Keeping your domain contact details up to date it very important, so we're glad you got it all sorted out! Thank you for your kind review! Amy

Jul. 7th, 2021

Frank White Toronto, ON

Our Domain was moved from Dyn to Name.com without any notice to us by Dyn. Our Domain expired and like most we had outdated email addresses for recovery. Name.com helped us regain our Domain name and get back online where we updated our info and renewed our domain. So we are now a Name.com customer.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Frank, We could not be happier to hear that your domain has been recovered and your site is back up and running. Thank you for your kind review and feedback, we sincerely apologize if you did not receive the notification regarding the acquisition. Kind Regards, Amy

Sep. 21st, 2021

Máté Verhás Budapest, BU

Name.com has been providing me with hosting and domain services for many years now and I've been very satisfied with their work. Everything goes smoothly and in rare cases when I encounter any issues, their helpdesk is quick, precise and helpful. Haven't been able to produce any issue that they couldn't fix within 24 hours.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Máté, We could not be happier to hear that we are able to provide you with the type of services you deserve. Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Amy

Aug. 27th, 2021

tfast78 Baton Rouge, LA

Very good prices and easy to navigate. The services offered are perfect for a new startup that doesn't want to over complicate things. Less than a month in and I have already used the tech support to help me correct an issue that I created. It was taken care of quickly and, for someone with the stresses of starting up a new business, that is priceless. I would suggest their services to anyone looking.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Tfast78, Congratulations on your new endeavors! We are so glad to hear that our team was able to quickly sort things out so you can continue focusing on your new business. Thank you for your kind review! Amy

Aug. 23rd, 2021

Don E Huntington Beach, CA

Great host site...was able to get domains for my daughters...lifetime email addresses with no concerns about the domain. Unfortunately, I made a mistake in one of the domains, and name.com was able to help me correct my mistake and get the correct domain....and provide me a full refund on the wrong domain/email package. Very easy interface including the on-line chat function w/ real people! Good pricing, ease of use, two thumbs up/5 stars

Reply from Name.com

Hello Don, We're excited to hear that our team was able to help in setting up your daughters lifetime email addresses! Thank you for your support and kind review. Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 9th, 2021

gordon abernethy

Clear and easy site to use Perhaps you could allow two emails per domain name, one free and one paid

Reply from Name.com

Hello Gordon, Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We are also glad to hear that our UI provides an enjoyable platform to manage your domains!

Jan. 10th, 2022

Adham Sabry Sydney, NSW

I am writing another negative review for name.com for them lying in the response here: "Hello Adham, Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any frustration. After further review, it seems that our team has been assisting as much as possible over the past week. Unfortunately, there are times when we have exhausted all resources and our customers have content related issues and will need to consult a web developer for further assistance. If we may be of further assistance regarding any other items, please let us know." ---- This is a lie, there is no web developer involved nor offered and never actually needed and we've been seeking for a refund since 3 days now and they are refusing to provide our refund. Very unprofessional and none-trust-worthy.

Oct. 22nd, 2021

Cfo Pharma Tirana, TR

The experience with the company name.com was good and its professionalism is noticeable

Reply from Name.com

Hello Cfo Pharma, We could not be more pleased to hear this. Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

Dec. 8th, 2021

Stephen Plustwik Melbourne, VIC

'Transfer of domains to Name.com: seamless migration of my email services' I would like to commend Name.com and their engineers for the ability to preconfigure the DNS records of incoming domain transfers. I just successfully brought across two names on which I rely heavily for email. I had been a bit nervous about this migration and had been putting it off . . . until I thought the process through and realised that, with the preconfiguration or duplication of records (functionality available at Name.com), it is about as seamless as you can get . . . and so it was. To try and put the process in layman's terms: I initiated the transfers with Name.com; I waited the usual several days for the transfers to take place; in the meantime, I went to my previous registrar and carefully copied the domains' DNS records into the corresponding place (transfer manager) at Name.com; once I received notification from Name.com that my domains had been transferred, I updated their nameservers as soon as possible to the Name.com defaults; then I allowed some time for the DNS records to propagate, ran some send-receive tests, updated the domains' web forwarding, and bingo! My domains had found their new home and 'settled in' immediately! This is perhaps a hidden gem or a lesser-known feature of Name.com; I am very glad that I discovered it because it has become a big reason for continuing to choose Name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Stephen, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your transfer experience - we have excitedly shared this feedback to our dev team! Emails are such an integral part of day to day business operations, so our team is so pleased to hear that our transfer process was seamless and avoided any sort of downtime. Best Regards, Amy

Aug. 21st, 2020

ALQAN BOX SEKATSKAIA AHHA 1986 Novosibirsk, NVS

i LOVE NAME . COM . very amazing and beauty company and great people who working on NAME . Thank You them . Ana .

Reply from Name.com

Hello ALQAN BOX SEKATSKAIA AHHA 1986, We couldn't do it without wonderful and supportive customers such as yourself. We are extremely grateful for your kind words!

Josh Smith Brunswick, VIC

Quick friendly support, they fixed my DNS issue on time

Reply from Name.com

Hello Josh, It is wonderful to hear that all is resolved. We greatly appreciate your kind review and continued support.

Jan. 6th, 2022

Driton Thaci ,

We have experience for 5 years with Name.com. It is one of the best experiences we have as a business. We are more then happy with their flexibility. We experienced a refund for a product we included mistakenly to our purchase list, and the refund happened too fast.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Driton, We are elated to hear that our team was able to help quickly issue your refund. Thank you so much for taking the time to share! Best Regards, Amy

Mar. 12th, 2021

Joshua Houston Sitka, AK

I have used Name.com for over 7 years! During that time I've learned much about html and websites. I use them for hosting and as a registrar. Anytime that I've had trouble, they are always good at responding. Their Support articles are often helpful, too.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Joshua, We not only appreciate your kind words, but for also choosing us as your domain registrar for nearly a decade. Our team and resources will always be there in your time of need! Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Raj Hunt, TX

Hello, I am Raj Thiruselvan from Omantra Films LLC CEO, producer, director, I have been doing business with Name.com since 2011. Name.com provides Excellent customer service, Billing or Tech support team on time right away resolve any issues and kind to the customers that's A+plus. Write a ticket tech support always there to help. Thank you Name.com Bravo

Reply from Name.com

Hello Raj, We want to thank you for being a part of the Name family for nearly a decade. It brings us great joy that we are able to provide you with the tools and support you need. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 19th, 2021

Deano Sutter Los Angeles, CA

I have all my domains with them. It's super simple to use. Recently I had an add-on with g-suite and had an issue with the DNS records ... I am not that familiar with how add-ons work, so didn't know what to do ... I sent them a message and within a few hours they pointed me where I needed to go. The guide was simple and step by step to solve the issue ... and the issue is solved. To be honest, they've always had incredible customer service which to me is everything!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Deano, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are so happy to hear that our team was able to get everything squared away with your G Suite add-on! Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 12th, 2021

MichD Smiths Falls, ON

Something went wonky with my email, which is the email I use for my work. I reached out to name.com by email. They responded right away and they had the problem fixed within 2 hours. I only recently set up my work email with them, but they have been hosting my website for a few years now. They are a great company! I have never had any significant problems and if I do they respond very quickly.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mich, Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that our team was able to assist in getting your work email back up and running! We appreciate you being a part of Name and for taking the time to share. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 11th, 2021

Osama Saadeldin Toronto, ON

Good and reasonably priced products and service. But the best part is the customer service. I have used many providers before and found name.com to be the best in my opinion and for what I need. In 5 years I tried all their products and ran into problems multiple times but their support staff rushed with a quick and painless solution and saved the day. I highly recommend name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Osama, We greatly appreciate your review. Thank you for choosing Name as your domain registrar for the past 5 years! Best Regards, Amy

Nov. 10th, 2020

Valerie A. Williams New York, NY

I used another registrar for years and got tired of being bombarded with email (despite trying to unsubscribe) and upsells I don't need. As of last month, I've moved all my domains to Name.com. They run promotions that include privatization, give discounts on bundled TLDs, and I like that there are no surprises when it comes time to renew. I contacted support for the first time yesterday regarding an SSL installation issue and received a prompt response. Thumbs up from me!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Valerie, We're so happy to hear that you've chosen Name as your domain registrar and that it has been an enjoyable experience. We agree, upsells can be quite a lot at times, so we try to keep our outreach as intentional as possible. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience thus far! - Amy

Oct. 5th, 2020

Robert Wills Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I ran into a domain loss problem that occured during the move dyn to name for all domains. As soon as the disconenct happend I contacted Name.com and within a few hours my domain was restored. It was unfortunaute but the way it was corrected is where the peice of mind comes from that Name.com is repectable. My only complaint is the direct phone number needs to be dug up but it does exist and it worked and I am happy now.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Robert, We are so happy that our team was able to get everything sorted out for you. Thank you for your feedback regarding our contact information, we are always working to improve our customers experience. Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 29th, 2020

Jeffrey Sweeney Rotterdam, ZH

Very professional and responsive. Look forward to working with them over the long term.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Jeffrey, Thank you for your very kind review and choosing Name as your domain registrar! We're excited to welcome you to the family and look forward to working with you in the future. Kind Regards, Amy

Nov. 8th, 2021

BITCOIN Habana, 04

Never had a problem with their service. The only time I needed help, the problem was solved in less than 24 hours.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Bitcoin, Thank you for sharing about your experience! We are happy to know that our team was able to quickly assist with everything that you needed. Kind Regards, Amy

Oct. 4th, 2021

Happy Life Doha, DA

So far I am fully satisfied overall. Besides the low prices for domain registration, their prompt customer support is the main reason I am impressed with. Thank you Name.com

Reply from Name.com

Hello Happy Life, We couldn't be happier to hear about your experience thus far! We very much appreciate your support and will continue to provide you with world class services and support. Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 28th, 2021

Katie S ,

Name.com offers a wealth of products, exceptional customer service, and ease of use. I've never worked with a registrar/hosting company of this caliber. I've been using them for years and refer them to as many people as possible, because they're superior to everyone else. I highly recommend name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Katie, Thank you for sharing about your experience! We sincerely appreciate you being a part of the Name family and referring us to others. Thank you for choosing us as your domain registrar, we appreciate your business and support. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 20th, 2021

Greg Bock , LEW

Support technician got back very quickly and not only did he answer my question but he included related information about what I was trying to do as well as some pointers for next steps. Probably save like 5 back and forth emails by writing one really good one! 10/10

Reply from Name.com

Hello Greg, Music to our ears! We are so happy to hear that our team was able to assist with your current needs and provide guidance for the future. Thanks for your review! - Amy

Nov. 30th, 2020

Clayton Silva Waxahachie, TX

Ted has been so helpful after a stressful day and was kind and patient and amazing I couldn't have gotten this done without him he is a true gem and yall are lucky to have him working at your company he make things happen!!! So grateful Thank Ted!!!!!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Clayton, We're so glad to hear that Ted had a hand in making your day less stressful. We agree, Ted is an amazing asset to the team. Thanks for sharing! Amy

Nov. 18th, 2020

ISMAIL MUSOSI Kampala, 102

I was faced with a problem with my purchase but the people at name.com cancelled it in less than 24 hours and gave me a chance to start over, I was really scared that I had lost money but I was saved and I recommend anyone else to work with name.com because I am also a customer

Reply from Name.com

Hello Ismail, Wonderful news! Sometimes things change, so we're happy that our team could accommodate your request. Thank you for your review. Amy

Oct. 27th, 2020

terrier123 Brighton, BNH

We have found name.com fantastic in terms of excellent customer service, quick to respond to requests and above all friendly, polite and are willing to go the extra mile to support their customers with anything that they need and as a NEW customer this is obviously exceptionally important!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Terrier123, We're so happy that you've joined the Name family! And, even more happy that we could provide you with the service you need to manage your domains. Thank you for your review! - Amy

Sep. 14th, 2020

Michael Lecuyer Viola, DE

I have not had the same poor access to customer service others have had, at least no yet. There are two things I find a problem: They advertise that the "Startup" level will run a website. Not entirely true in the most popular software WordPress. They have CPU and memory restrictions that remind you of a 266 from the eighties. 256M or memory and a very limited use of the CPU. My PI3, running a website has a Gig of memory and 4 processors. For example a plugin update will never appear to complete. You have to test the web site to see when the update competed. It is impossible to run UpdraftPlus as it will never complete because it quickly exhausts the meager resources. Problem 2. If you exceed three failed logins of any type you will be locked out of your cpanel, and any other service. In my case I'm trying to fix my email password so if I check email with a client the three attempts are made and I cannot get into the cPanel to fix it for some undermined time. A person who was trying to log into our website spent a half hour trying to log in when they had failed to type their password correctly. The more they tried the deeper they got in the tarpit.

Q.C. Services Lowell, MA

I’ve received an outstanding attention from Ted ( Representative ) over the phone! He was Patient, Precise & Professional ! Keep it up with Ted’s standard !

Reply from Name.com

Hello Q.C. Services, Thank you for your kind review. We certainly agree, Ted is amazing at servicing our customers! Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 9th, 2021

Firas Shammas Paris, 75

well, i tried to renew my payment method and pay for the renewal of my hosting but all was blocked for no reason, once i contacted the support team via email, i have got the answer in few minute and was all set perfectly

Reply from Name.com

Hello Frias, We are sorry to hear about your troubles checking out, but relieved to hear that our team was there to help. Thank you for your feedback! Amy

Jan. 22nd, 2021

Chris Hahn Lake Park, MN

Great experience! Very helpful! Thank you!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Chris, We are so happy to hear that your experience was fantastic. Thank you for your kind review!

George Beaufort, SC

Super fast replies to my questions and great service from the two Name.com Reps: Samantha and Blake

Reply from Name.com

Hello George, We couldn't be happier to hear that our agents were there to help. Thank you so much for your great review! Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 8th, 2021

Mileena Colón Attleboro, MA

I am a new customer and I’m just overall satisfied with the customer service and the services this company offers. Thank you Name.com!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mileena, Welcome to the Name family, we are so happy you're here! Thank you for your kind review. Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 10th, 2021

Abdullah Al Mamun Dhaka, 13

I have been a user of name.com for several years. They're a great company to work with. The support is quick, friendly and helpful!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Abdullah, We could not be more grateful to receive your review. Thank you for choosing Name as your domain registrar. Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 9th, 2021

Merryn Waight

I like that it is good pricing & it is simple

Reply from Name.com

Hello Merryn, Thank you for your kind review and choosing us as your domain registrar!

Dec. 8th, 2021

Juan Zerpa Seville, SE

I have been a user of name.com for several years and their attention has been impeccable. They always respond, their website works well, it is intuitive and fast. Juan Z.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Juan, We very much appreciate you being a part of Name and taking the time to leave a review! Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 4th, 2021

Yong Fremont, CA

I used too many Domain Name Registrars...name.com is the only one crazy team! I tried to transfer over 20 domain from Godaddy to name! Do you know what's happened?! We all know the domains are transferred need to 3-5 days! I registered and transferred my domain on Sep 14th! But my account is closed on Sep 17th! And the most bad thing is I never got any reminders that my account is closed...Though my account is closed, the domain keeps transferring... They closed my account, but keeps transferring...what's do the guys want to do?! I contact their support...but only ask me to send the email to [email protected], But until now, no any response got! In all, 100% stay away to name.com Bad workflow, bad support!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Yong, Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any confusion. We have looked further into your account and it seems that our fraud team is currently communicating with you via email for resolution. Our fraud team will have the ability to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about the current standing of your account. Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 23rd, 2019

Barbra Barbour Norfolk, VA

I ran into trouble from the start. They advertised a great deal on domain names and they was no disclaimer saying only certain names were eligible. I bought one at the advertised price, but when I tried to register a second one the next day they attempted to charge me $125 for it. I should have known it wasn't going to get better. Fast forward a year, I'm trying to log into my account and can't. I sent a password request and that's when the real trouble started. While claiming that security is important to them, they expect you to send private info, including a scan of your drivers license, over an unsecured connection. It took more than a week of going back and forth while they did nothing to improve the situation at all. I have moved my domain to another registrar and I will never do business with them again.

Tony G New York, NY

I transferred 90% of my domains to another registrar early this year because of name.com's lack of reliability and functionalities, and planned to transfer the rest to google.com when it graduates from its beta phase as a domain registrar. One month later, I became to receive "Renew now to avoid service disruption" hoax notifications from name.com on domains that were already under another registrar's management. In their emails, name.com threatened that the whois "Privacy Service" would expire within 24 hours, but I could renew them at $0 with name.com. Those were the domains that had nothing to do with name.com any more, and their records should have been deleted the moment when they were transferred awsy from name.com. All the emails that I sent requesting name.com to stop its hoaxs just went nowhere. Each time, they made a pology after a delay, and then continued its abusive as usual. I had enough. On September 7, 2016, I decided to transfer all the domains away from name.com. Yet, there was another big surprise - my account was blocked by name.com's newly updated "Domain Name Registration Agreement." Without clicking the "Accept" button, I could not use the domain management tools, including lifting the privacy service, unlock the domains and obtain the auth codes so that I could transfer the domains away to another registrar. While I was very busy these days, I was forced to spend a significant amount of time to deal with this gorssly abusive perpetrator. As of this date of September 20, 2016, 13 days after I requested the transfers, all the domains are still held up by name.com.

Byron Kensington, MD

I started with Name.com about 8 years ago when it was registered in Washington DC. Then it moved to Colorado. Now it says it's in Washington state. ... The registration and renewal fees use to be 8.99; now it's 12.99 and up. Customer service use to be professional; now you're lucky to reach anyone and especially lucky if you feel the person you are talking to or corresponding with is an adult. The latest terms and conditions say that should you qualify for a refund for something, the company reserves the right to pay you with Bearglecoin, their new coupon system. This company is no longer professional; I'll be moving my domains, as well those owned by my clients.

Simon Vetterli

I bought a hosting and a domain with name.com. I had some technical issues - but they are not able to solve the problem. I solved everything by myself - and in the end, they are asking to review the case... Also - an email for cancel the service - no answer since more than 5 days. What will happens with the domain I bought -> no answer from them. In the near future I will not choose a company like this anymore. Better pay a bit more for a hosting - instead of having a non working hosting provider. I am somehow "happy" to see, that I am not the only one with this kind of experiences...

Isaac Zoran

There's a good reason why name.com support a bike to work incentive programme, it's because they charge you more than the amount requested at the point of payment. I purchased a name from them adevertised at their discounted rate. At the point of payment, it clearly showed 1.99 but upon submitting the payment it changed to the full price of 10.99. I seriously DO have to find an alternative way to work tomorrow as they've taken my money for transport, and their support system stinks. The only way I got an answer was by hounding them on facebook, but even then they refuse to admit what happened. My advice? Any online company is only as good as it's support system, and name.com has a lousy support system. Stick with a more reputable company to avoid paying more than what you intended.