Name.com

michael steiner San Jose, CA

This is the absolute worst experience I have had in the 54 years I have been alive. The sight navigation is the most cumbersome I have used in the last 7 years. The templates are very limited and extremely hard, nearly impossible to use. I would rather upload my own html docs and use them but, even though I have my own domain which i purchased through name.com they have no record of it. Support 0, ease of use 0. I will use one of the 3 other hosting companies where i can use a channel do do the things I want and not be locked in to a template that is barely editable. Negative 10 is my rating for this site.

syn

First, I'm a new dad who has come to learn that I don't have as much time as I used to as you can imagine. After being with Name.com for many years I decided why not try their hosting. I've seen their ads on the site trying to entice users with various deals over the years as well. I figured why not give it a shot now, after all - this isn't the stone age of hosting anymore and it should be pretty straight forward. Unfortunately I was wrong. I decided to opt for the starter package before investing any further. I'm glad I stopped at that point and encourage anyone who is considering using Name.com to reconsider. After purchasing the hosting I decided to put Wordpress on it via cPanel which was actually very straight-forward. "Wow" I thought, very simple and very quick. Next I decided to get started on setting it up, only to find that some error had occurred in regards to me not being able to access cPanel any longer. I didn't have any more time at this point and figured I'd shoot a quick email and hope to get a reply. I did get a reply, it took longer than I had hoped. In fact, it came so late that I had to wait for another chance to sort this issue out. The next day I had some time and figured I'll try to continue off where I left. I was told in the email that my issue had to do with Name.com's server needing time to fully propagate the site. Unsure if thats correct because after all I did install WP. Anyways, I figured enough time has passed and that issue should be done with. OK, time to use FireZilla to login via FTP and start building up the site. Wait, that can't happen. I used the config file provided by Name.com specifically made to ensure that FireZilla was properly setup to connect. I try to login to the FTP with my password from Name.com, or for some reason the password I set with WordPress. Nope and nope. Oh wait, now I can't get into cPanel again. WTF is going on here. I'll shoot them another email, hopefully they will get back to me quickly because I was actually looking forward to this and now having to deal with this is is starting to upset me. Wait another day. I then receive an email saying that I logged in so many times with wrong passwords that it got caught in their firewall and am told that I should double check my passwords - fair enough. "That's great they have a firewall" I think, and I double check my passwords. Yep, everything should work. Too bad that I can't even access the FTP. Alright one last try. Lets login and start this all over again, I have some free time again. Nope. I still cannot log into FTP, no matter if I make a new account or use the special account they provide as default. Better than that, I can't even log into cPanel again. Name.com you have greatly disappointed me. The time spent on making your ads or blog posts funny to attract new users should be better spent making things straight-forward for your already paying users. I was with you for many years, and I say was because this is ridiculous. I'm fed up with the lack of support you have, and the services other than your bulk-domain checker, which is the main reason this rating has a 2. Not only am I going to one of your competitors, but I'm looking to make sure that whenever looks for a Name.com review they'll find one of your previous customers warning them of what kind of garbage they have to wade through. BTW, I'm still waiting on an email reply. Thanks for nothing.

mousa abulibdeh Hebron, HBN

it's good company, most of my domains with them

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mousa, Thank you for your glowing review! We only succeed because of great customers like you. Kind Regards, Amy

Oct. 4th, 2021

Randy Buffalo, NY

This company's customer support is excellent. The people are so helpful.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Randy, We could not be happier to hear that your support experience was an enjoyable one. Thank you for your kind review and support! Kind Regards, Amy

Aug. 10th, 2021

Samantha Cape Canaveral, FL

After I signed p my phone never stopped calling with callers from Indian outsourcers. Seriously never stopped ringing. 15 callers and you have to answer the phone to get them to stop. After you answer you have to say hello, hello, hello, hello because if you don't; talk to them they will keep calling. When you tell them to quit calling nicely. They hang up.

Reply from Name.com

Hi Samantha, we're sorry to hear about this. It sounds like we need to add privacy protection to your domain name, so telemarketers may no longer view your domain's whois information. If you reach out to our Support Team (), they can provide you with a promo code.

Jul. 17th, 2019

Danny Parvino Georgetown, OH

Tech Support never answers phone. This after a seemingly failed upgrade on there part years of email lost and no way to get a person on the line. Chat is only open during business hours and that seems to be the only way to contact the comapany. 15 Years of uptime with no down time with last provide moved to name.com been down with no company email for two days and can't get help.. Time to move to a different Provider.

Rob Clifford Boston, MA

Purchasing two domains through Name.com recently has led to HUGE spam emails, texts, and phone calls -- the calls all, of course, from U.S. phone numbers but without fail having a delay and an Indian male voice on the other end. I know about WhoIs and setting privacy (which Name.com makes you pay for), but didn't matter, they obviously are selling contact info. I have domains which I purchased through Google, Tigertech, and a few other companies, and honestly have never had anything CLOSE to this level of barrage after the fact. I am not exaggerating. It's been obnoxious.

Ikramy Ghidan

I'm really disappointed with their support services. They have no clue at all. I asked them to change my primary domain to another one I registered. Once they did that, my hosting stopped displaying PHP files. I contacted them many times and they keep repeat the same message instead of actually fixing the problem. They just marked my tickets as solved while they're not, and now I'm paying for something that I'm unable to use.

Andi Chiser

We purchased from name.com, domain and email service, and it was a DISASTER. We completely moved our business to other provider and was the best decision ever. Customer service is basically in-existent, we received always the same email on our emails or hosting issue. There is no chat or phone line to call. We lost a lot of data, time and money....

M. Alhakim Round Rock, TX

This is the worst evil small corporation I have ever dealt with. They missed up my email server once I have decided to move to a different hosting company and redirected the DNS lookup to godaddy.com so all my emails stopped coming in. Also they did some technical wizardry on my email account so I only get certain emails and not the others. Then they added my phone number to some black list so it goes to their voice mail when I dial support. They are evil to the core.

Christine Los Angeles, CA

I wish I took the time to look up reviews for name.com before subscribing. Both the product & service are terrible. I've gone a month not being able to send or receive emails & cannot get anyone to answer the customer service line for assistance. Emails are responded to with a message saying "a ticket has been created." I am now trying to cancel & change hosts but still no answer to calls (a voice mail picks up & says all reps are busy then the line hangs up) Super frustrating & hurting my business, The old adage, you get what you pay for applies 100% here.

Franklin Ribeiro

Customer service has been horrible (so far). They mention in their site that they can refund you if you request the domain registration to be cancelled within 5 days of the registration. I requested the cancellation 2 days after the domain was registered and all I got was an email asking me to confirm. I confirmed, but I have not got any confirmation from their side and, of course, no refund yet.

seldi rubakantha

The company is fundamentally bunch of con artists. They lure you to register with them and when your domain expires they have their partners in crime who buy the domain you even without realizing your domain expired. Then they use blackmailing to sell the domain back. I was told not to trust non reputed companies mainly less unregulated places. I learned my leasson, it may help other avoiding these company.

Ruth Bell

I cannot recommend this service. If you register a domain there and don't pay an additional amount for whois privacy, expect your whois information to be published on who.is which is operated by name.com. There, your information can be indexed by search engines and in order to remove it, you will have to pay an additional amount of 30$ to who.is. Furthermore, you will have to buy whois privacy in order to protect your personal information from future publishing.

Hardeep Singh

Poor service and much poorer support team. Support team is careless to reply to customer issues. Name.com dont listen anybody and take decision. Its very poor server administrator as well who talk bull****. I uploaded word press here and it got hacked then these fu**** people suspended my account without ant notice.... There hosting has lot of heck issues.

ubernerd Salt Lake City, UT

i registered my domain with them and wanted hosting, i've never had problems with hosting services before. i've used plenty of free hosting ( 000webhost.com, google webservices, amazon sw3) and its always worked. i tried using the cpanel and it gives me a ssl error. so i tried connecting through my c9.io account and its not working. finally i thought why not just try the old fashion way with FTP and for ***** sake I can't log in!!! This is extremely frustrating. i just started a legit business and i can't get my website uploaded. Not Gonna use them after this year deal ends.

Zee Design Islamabad, IS

Really kind and helpful team. Never disappointed.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Zee Design, We could not be happier to hear this. Thank you so much for leaving your kind review! Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 13th, 2021

Dawn Korman Chicago, IL

I received top notch step by step instructions from Ted who helped me clean up the giant mess I’d made. Thanks!!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Dawn, Great to hear that Ted was there to help! Thank you for your review and being a part of Name.com. Best Regards, Amy

Nov. 19th, 2020

Rob Gibson Newcastle-under-Lyme, STS

They are efficient and professional while offering good value for money. Support is also top drawer.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Rob, Transferring your domains to a new registrar can certainly be nerve-racking. We're glad that you chose us to help you through this process and that it was an enjoyable experience! Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 29th, 2020

Don Patterson Avon Park, FL

Within 2 days of registering a domain thru name.com, I have rec'd over 40 phone calls and an equal number of emails - all wanting to host and/or design my site. In other words, they sold my info. PS, I am a web designer. NEVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE

Zoe

The customer Service is non-existent. There is no response. Not even an automated email reply that your request has been received and action will be taken in such and such time. You can rate something if it exists. Big Zero for their support.

Sergey

I transfer 100 domains to name, but when I change nameserver it is not beeing propagated, 7 days later after changing nameverver on name.com domain panel, WHOIS was still indicating previous hosting company IP / name / location Therefore your site will stay off during those days. Really bad domain nameserver change service

Dovie Lanham, MD

Horrible, horrible customer service! They do not ever pick up the phone and after you sit on hold forever it tells you to leave a voicemail but you can't leave a voicemail because the mailbox is full! Then you just get disconnected. Look elsewhere because you will be disappointed.

Frank

I think the prices are good but the customer service not help. I had a problem with a SSL certificate and they don´t help me and resolve the problem. I think for a company a good customer service is very important. You risk to pay for buy nothing.

MikeD Denver, CO

I'm not tech savvy at all. When I needed to make a website, name. com was by far the easiest and best for me to use. Would definitely recommend!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mike, Elated to hear that our hosting product allowed you to get your site up and running with ease. Thank you for sharing about your experience! Amy

Nov. 18th, 2020

r warren

AVOID AVOID AVOID as soon as I bought a domain I began to receive calls NIGHT AND DAY from web designers trying to sell me products Disgusted PS I wish i found these reviews beforehand. Feel like an idiot

Jonathan Taylor

Do not use this company, you will regret it. They will close your account without warning, you will lose your website, and all your emails, they are vicious. nit at all professional and complete liars

Mike Ziadeh Mansfield, OH

I just purchased a domain name on Tuesday. By Friday, I have received 60+ phone calls, texts, and emails from this garbage company. I will be transferring my domain name ASAP!

Ben

I am with company several years but now there is a problem in my domain and the support is AWFUL. They HOLD my domain and destroy my business, I am transferring all my domain to NameCheap.

Richie A

Complete waste of space, they offer no telephone support and email support takes over two days to get a response, I am still trying to resolve an issue with them three days later. Don't touch with a barge pole.

Ibrahim amadou moussa

No answers after 3 days of open ticket so

Reply from Name.com

Hello Ibrahim, Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate your ticket based on the information provided. Please email [email protected] so we may further assist.

Dec. 15th, 2021

Kamal Tirupur, TN

Good, we need you to respond much faster, to address our issues

Reply from Name.com

Hello Kamal, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any delay in resolution, we will continue to work to improve our response time for our customers. Best Regards, Amy

Apr. 27th, 2021

Digipulse Productions Irvine, CA

Ted did an awesome job assisting in resolving an issue I was having.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Digipulse Productions, Thank you for sharing about your experience. We are happy to hear that Ted was able to help! Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 6th, 2021

Mike Nicastro Davenport, FL

Great hosting company. Reasonable rates and fast support. Highly recommended

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mike, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that we're providing you with the services and support that you need. That is our number one goal! Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 9th, 2020

M I Saint Paul, MN

I'm getting notice my domains are expiring tomorrow but when I go to renew them, I get blocked out by my browser with a message the connection isn't secure.

KK

Very bad customer support. You won't get reply even for two days if you submit a ticket or send an email. And their call times are very limited. Stupid service.

Joe Bleach Alexandria, VA

Precise information that proves to be helpful.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Joe, Thank you for your kind words and choosing Name as your registrar. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 4th, 2021

Paul Hallelujah

Nice domain name, but constant issues with mail servers and web editor, does not work, always leads to upgrade, likely a scam.

robert shaw Fairfield, NJ

NO SERVICE BY PHONE EMAIL. Had to chargeback through credit card company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

brian Phelan, CA

They run a domain renewal scam that will charge you an additional month of fees if you choose not to renew the domain.