Name.com

Name.com was founded in 2003 and provides domain registration, reselling, transfer, web hosting, and email services. The company is extremely customer service oriented and makes it easy for clients to build a website suited for individuals or small businesses.

Very philanthropy driven, Name.com supports causes such as the bike-to-work incentive program and offers a hosting initiative for the expansion of .org websites online. Name.com is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with over one million domains registered and almost as many websites.

The Good

• Price
  • Number of TLDs Available
  • ICANN Accreditation
  • Advanced Security
  • Knowledge Base

Price

Name.com is extremely transparent when it comes to pricing. When visiting the website, consumers can easily view all the pricing information for the standard and premium domains. Currently, Name.com charges 12.99 per year for .com domains — unless you get it on sale, then it could be as low as $9.99 per year.

Number of TLDs Available

Anyone searching for a large number of TLDs to purchase in bulk may want to look into Name.com. The domain provider offers a selection of over 500 domain names and extensions.

These names cover a broad spectrum of categories, from professional TLD extensions such as .attorney or .expert to more unique TLDs like .cafe, .deals, .boutique, and more. Name.com far surpasses the majority of domain name companies that only offer 100 domains.

ICANN Accreditation

Name.com is an ICANN-accredited domain name registrar. This means that Name.com met all technical, operational, and financial criteria necessary to qualify as a registrar business. This accreditation allows Name.com to offer domain name registration services under gTLDs with direct access to gTLD registries.

ICANN charges a mandatory annual fee of $0.18 for each year of domain registration, renewal, or transfer. While you still have to pay this fee with Name.com, the company includes the ICANN fee in the total price.

This means there is no additional fee that is added once you go to checkout. With Name.com, customers know how much their domain name will cost from start to finish. Although the fee is only 18 cents, it changes the advertised price and puts off some consumers.

Advanced Security

Name.com takes customer security very seriously. In 2019, the company increased its security measures to protect your domain and personal information. This included upgrading its former Whois Privacy product to Advanced Security.

To understand why this is significant, you first must understand what information is accessible through the public Whois database. Whenever you register a domain name, ICANN requires that you provide some personal details. This includes your name, address, phone number, etc. This information is then automatically added to a publicly accessible database called Whois. The Advanced Security product offers Whois Privacy, a secure domain lock, and an SSL Certificate via Encryption Everywhere.

According to Name.com, the Domain Lock Plus provides the following protection: "The Domain Lock Plus adds a significant layer of security to your domains by restricting the ability to transfer them or make changes to their contact information when the lock is in place."

Name.com's SSL Certificate through the Encryption Everywhere program encrypts the information on your website to increase security. You have to pay an extra $4.99 for Advanced Security, but it's worth protecting your personal information.

Knowledge Base

Name.com's Knowledge Base is an excellent resource for consumers. Those with questions on how Name.com works, how to set up an account, how to transfer a domain name, and more will be impressed with the variety of helpful articles.

You can also find the contact information for all departments of Name.com. This is especially helpful as it can direct you to an article or a frequently asked question page that refers to your exact problem. If an article can't solve your issue, you can open a support ticket, request a callback, or start a live chat with an agent.

The Bad

• Costs to Transfer a Domain
  • Convoluted Refund Policy

Costs to Transfer a Domain

One disadvantage of using Name.com is transferring domains. If you want to transfer a domain into Name.com's registry will have to pay a transfer fee. The fees range from $7.99 to $59.99

Here are a few examples of Name.com's Transfer pricing:

• .com — $8.25
  • .net — $10.99
  • .in — $7.99
  • .info — $21.99
  • .io — $59.99

This is not a complete list. If you're interested in seeing the full list, we recommend visiting the company website for further information.

Many other domain registrars will cover the transfer fee's cost — so it's disadvantageous that Name.com does not. The transfer process itself is standard protocol, no more complicated than other domain companies, which the same rules apply. For example, your domain must be registered for at least 60 days for you to be eligible to transfer to Name.com.

Convoluted Refund Policy

When going through Name.com's refund policy, it can get pretty confusing.

For example, Name.com states that most domain name purchases can be refunded within the first five days of purchase, provided Name.com can remove the domain from your possession and return it to the registry.

However, there are a few exceptions to the five-day rule:

• .CA — Refundable within 4 days of purchase.
  • .MX — Refundable within 45 days of purchase.
  • .COM.MX — Refundable within 45 days of purchase.
  • .UK — Refunds are permitted on a case-by-case basis.

Additionally, refunds are not permitted with premium domain names. Name.com can't cancel nor refund pre-registrations. Domain name renewals are never refundable. Expiring domains are also never refundable.

This list of exceptions and conditions goes on for quite a while. If you are thinking of purchasing a product from Name.com, we suggest carefully reviewing the Refund Policy, so you're not stuck trying to get your money back for a product that doesn't work for you.

The Bottom Line

This ICANN-accredited, popular domain provider is recommended for several reasons. Name.com is one of the most affordable choices when it comes to domain names. The price increases after the first year, but this is mentioned when signing up, so at least you know what to expect. We appreciate Name.com's dedication to customer security. The Advanced Security will cost you, but the protection level it provides is well worth the money.

3.2

Dan Bowser New Bethlehem, PA

Name.com was recommended for registering a new domain name. I have domains registered with other firms for many years. Over that time, problems have arisen. While eventually worked out, it took time, energy, and much frustration to accomplish. I made an error entering information for our domain with Name.com. I couldn't correct the error and sought help from tech support. They not only responded promptly with on-point help, they followed up to see if I was satisfied or had other questions. It was so easy to correct an error of my making. Thanks, Name.com. I look forward to our future relationship.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Dan, We are so happy that you have joined the Name family, and it brings us great joy to hear that your support experience was quick and efficient. Keeping your domain contact details up to date it very important, so we're glad you got it all sorted out! Thank you for your kind review! Amy

Jul. 7th, 2021

Don E Huntington Beach, CA

Great host site...was able to get domains for my daughters...lifetime email addresses with no concerns about the domain. Unfortunately, I made a mistake in one of the domains, and name.com was able to help me correct my mistake and get the correct domain....and provide me a full refund on the wrong domain/email package. Very easy interface including the on-line chat function w/ real people! Good pricing, ease of use, two thumbs up/5 stars

Reply from Name.com

Hello Don, We're excited to hear that our team was able to help in setting up your daughters lifetime email addresses! Thank you for your support and kind review. Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 9th, 2021

Happy Life Doha, DA

I got my domain names all for very good prices on Name.com plus the customer support is great, as they answered my doubts promptly and with clarity. Name.com is really professional and truly gives regard to customer satisfaction!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Happy Life, We couldn't be happier to hear about your experience thus far! We very much appreciate your support and will continue to provide you with world class services and support. Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 28th, 2021

Omar del Castillo

I've been a client of Name.com since 2011 and so far is the best domain registrar company I've found. The easy management of my domain, prices, their response whenever I need them and anything related to client service is excellent. I only trust my domains to Name.com. I hope they never change.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Omar, We could not be happier to hear that you have found a home for your domains with us! We sincerely appreciate your support and kind words over the years and will continue to do our best to provide great prices and service! Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Xeanaex LLC ,

Christopher is absolutely AMAZING!!! I was having an incredible domain registrar transfer issue, and Christopher came through for me BIG TIME! I had been talking to several support team people and Christopher jumped in voluntarily and took over my case, and after MUCH patience with me, he totally got the issue resolved. Christopher's patience and persistence made me a Name.com customer for life!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Christopher!!! That was a HUGE prayer answered!!! Name.com is an amazing company, thanks to Christopher! OH! And Ashlyn too!!! Thank you too!!! As we say down south, THANK YA'LL!!! :)

Reply from Name.com

Hello Xeanaex LLC, Wow, we are so thankful for your glowing feedback about our team and company as a whole. We greatly appreciate your support and promise to continue to provide you with the best support experience! Best Regards, amy

Mar. 17th, 2021

John Public Weehawken, NJ

Name.com has the best pricing (renewals, transfers etc), best service, and the best domain name extensions available. Name.com has great email, hosting, and web design programs as well. They blow GoDaddy and others away. Try them and see for yourself!!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello John, Thank you for your glowing review! We sincerely appreciate your support and taking the time to share about our offerings and level of service. Best Regards, Amy

May. 4th, 2021

Jose Lobato Lisbon, 11

Support Team Christopher and Blake are top professionals - very kind, very quick and efficient answering, giving feedback and fixing problems ! I am very happy and impressed with Name.com Support Team ! Congratulations ! José Lobato

Reply from Name.com

Hello Jose, We strive for quick and efficient service, and are so happy to hear that Christopher and Blake delivered that for you. Thank you for your kind words and choosing Name! Amy

Apr. 20th, 2021

Driton Thaci ,

We have experience for 5 years with Name.com. It is one of the best experiences we have as a business. We are more then happy with their flexibility. We experienced a refund for a product we included mistakenly to our purchase list, and the refund happened too fast.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Driton, We are elated to hear that our team was able to help quickly issue your refund. Thank you so much for taking the time to share! Best Regards, Amy

Mar. 12th, 2021

Raj Hunt, TX

Hello, I am Raj Thiruselvan from Omantra Films LLC CEO, producer, director, I have been doing business with Name.com since 2011. Name.com provides Excellent customer service, Billing or Tech support team on time right away resolve any issues and kind to the customers that's A+plus. Write a ticket tech support always there to help. Thank you Name.com Bravo

Reply from Name.com

Hello Raj, We want to thank you for being a part of the Name family for nearly a decade. It brings us great joy that we are able to provide you with the tools and support you need. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 19th, 2021

Deano Sutter Los Angeles, CA

I have all my domains with them. It's super simple to use. Recently I had an add-on with g-suite and had an issue with the DNS records ... I am not that familiar with how add-ons work, so didn't know what to do ... I sent them a message and within a few hours they pointed me where I needed to go. The guide was simple and step by step to solve the issue ... and the issue is solved. To be honest, they've always had incredible customer service which to me is everything!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Deano, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We are so happy to hear that our team was able to get everything squared away with your G Suite add-on! Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 12th, 2021

MichD Smiths Falls, ON

Something went wonky with my email, which is the email I use for my work. I reached out to name.com by email. They responded right away and they had the problem fixed within 2 hours. I only recently set up my work email with them, but they have been hosting my website for a few years now. They are a great company! I have never had any significant problems and if I do they respond very quickly.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mich, Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to hear that our team was able to assist in getting your work email back up and running! We appreciate you being a part of Name and for taking the time to share. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 11th, 2021

Stephen Plustwik Melbourne, VIC

'Transfer of domains to Name.com: seamless migration of my email services' I would like to commend Name.com and their engineers for the ability to preconfigure the DNS records of incoming domain transfers. I just successfully brought across two names on which I rely heavily for email. I had been a bit nervous about this migration and had been putting it off . . . until I thought the process through and realised that, with the preconfiguration or duplication of records (functionality available at Name.com), it is about as seamless as you can get . . . and so it was. To try and put the process in layman's terms: I initiated the transfers with Name.com; I waited the usual several days for the transfers to take place; in the meantime, I went to my previous registrar and carefully copied the domains' DNS records into the corresponding place (transfer manager) at Name.com; once I received notification from Name.com that my domains had been transferred, I updated their nameservers as soon as possible to the Name.com defaults; then I allowed some time for the DNS records to propagate, ran some send-receive tests, updated the domains' web forwarding, and bingo! My domains had found their new home and 'settled in' immediately! This is perhaps a hidden gem or a lesser-known feature of Name.com; I am very glad that I discovered it because it has become a big reason for continuing to choose Name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Stephen, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your transfer experience - we have excitedly shared this feedback to our dev team! Emails are such an integral part of day to day business operations, so our team is so pleased to hear that our transfer process was seamless and avoided any sort of downtime. Best Regards, Amy

Aug. 21st, 2020

jiri macak Bangkok, 10

Fast, professional, kind & understanding, supportive-support! Thank you very much for your care, services and products!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Jiri, We want to thank you for your kind and supportive review! Our team is very grateful for our amazing customers like you. Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 9th, 2021

Joshua Houston Sitka, AK

I have used Name.com for over 7 years! During that time I've learned much about html and websites. I use them for hosting and as a registrar. Anytime that I've had trouble, they are always good at responding. Their Support articles are often helpful, too.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Joshua, We not only appreciate your kind words, but for also choosing us as your domain registrar for nearly a decade. Our team and resources will always be there in your time of need! Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Katie S ,

Name.com offers a wealth of products, exceptional customer service, and ease of use. I've never worked with a registrar/hosting company of this caliber. I've been using them for years and refer them to as many people as possible, because they're superior to everyone else. I highly recommend name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Katie, Thank you for sharing about your experience! We sincerely appreciate you being a part of the Name family and referring us to others. Thank you for choosing us as your domain registrar, we appreciate your business and support. Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 20th, 2021

Greg Bock , LEW

Support technician got back very quickly and not only did he answer my question but he included related information about what I was trying to do as well as some pointers for next steps. Probably save like 5 back and forth emails by writing one really good one! 10/10

Reply from Name.com

Hello Greg, Music to our ears! We are so happy to hear that our team was able to assist with your current needs and provide guidance for the future. Thanks for your review! - Amy

Nov. 30th, 2020

Clayton Silva Waxahachie, TX

Ted has been so helpful after a stressful day and was kind and patient and amazing I couldn't have gotten this done without him he is a true gem and yall are lucky to have him working at your company he make things happen!!! So grateful Thank Ted!!!!!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Clayton, We're so glad to hear that Ted had a hand in making your day less stressful. We agree, Ted is an amazing asset to the team. Thanks for sharing! Amy

Nov. 18th, 2020

Valerie A. Williams New York, NY

I used another registrar for years and got tired of being bombarded with email (despite trying to unsubscribe) and upsells I don't need. As of last month, I've moved all my domains to Name.com. They run promotions that include privatization, give discounts on bundled TLDs, and I like that there are no surprises when it comes time to renew. I contacted support for the first time yesterday regarding an SSL installation issue and received a prompt response. Thumbs up from me!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Valerie, We're so happy to hear that you've chosen Name as your domain registrar and that it has been an enjoyable experience. We agree, upsells can be quite a lot at times, so we try to keep our outreach as intentional as possible. Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share about your experience thus far! - Amy

Oct. 5th, 2020

Robert Wills Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I ran into a domain loss problem that occured during the move dyn to name for all domains. As soon as the disconenct happend I contacted Name.com and within a few hours my domain was restored. It was unfortunaute but the way it was corrected is where the peice of mind comes from that Name.com is repectable. My only complaint is the direct phone number needs to be dug up but it does exist and it worked and I am happy now.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Robert, We are so happy that our team was able to get everything sorted out for you. Thank you for your feedback regarding our contact information, we are always working to improve our customers experience. Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 29th, 2020

George Beaufort, SC

Super fast replies to my questions and great service from the two Name.com Reps: Samantha and Blake

Reply from Name.com

Hello George, We couldn't be happier to hear that our agents were there to help. Thank you so much for your great review! Best Regards, Amy

Jun. 8th, 2021

Zare alex Berlin, BE

I needed immediate help and customer service helped me as quickly as I could. It was really great and good.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Zare, We are elated to hear that our team was there right when you needed them. Thank you for your review! Amy

May. 20th, 2021

JP Walker Sorrento, FL

Excellent and fast customer support! I'm learning as I build my website and support is used a lot. It's also great to have all e-store needs in one place.

Reply from Name.com

Hello JP, Building a website can be quite the process, so we're glad to know that our team was there to help. Thank you for your review! Best Regards, Amy

Mar. 10th, 2021

Q.C. Services Lowell, MA

I’ve received an outstanding attention from Ted ( Representative ) over the phone! He was Patient, Precise & Professional ! Keep it up with Ted’s standard !

Reply from Name.com

Hello Q.C. Services, Thank you for your kind review. We certainly agree, Ted is amazing at servicing our customers! Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 9th, 2021

Firas Shammas Paris, 75

well, i tried to renew my payment method and pay for the renewal of my hosting but all was blocked for no reason, once i contacted the support team via email, i have got the answer in few minute and was all set perfectly

Reply from Name.com

Hello Frias, We are sorry to hear about your troubles checking out, but relieved to hear that our team was there to help. Thank you for your feedback! Amy

Jan. 22nd, 2021

ISMAIL MUSOSI Kampala, 102

I was faced with a problem with my purchase but the people at name.com cancelled it in less than 24 hours and gave me a chance to start over, I was really scared that I had lost money but I was saved and I recommend anyone else to work with name.com because I am also a customer

Reply from Name.com

Hello Ismail, Wonderful news! Sometimes things change, so we're happy that our team could accommodate your request. Thank you for your review. Amy

Oct. 27th, 2020

terrier123 Brighton, BNH

We have found name.com fantastic in terms of excellent customer service, quick to respond to requests and above all friendly, polite and are willing to go the extra mile to support their customers with anything that they need and as a NEW customer this is obviously exceptionally important!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Terrier123, We're so happy that you've joined the Name family! And, even more happy that we could provide you with the service you need to manage your domains. Thank you for your review! - Amy

Sep. 14th, 2020

Osama Saadeldin Toronto, ON

Good and reasonably priced products and service. But the best part is the customer service. I have used many providers before and found name.com to be the best in my opinion and for what I need. In 5 years I tried all their products and ran into problems multiple times but their support staff rushed with a quick and painless solution and saved the day. I highly recommend name.com.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Osama, We greatly appreciate your review. Thank you for choosing Name as your domain registrar for the past 5 years! Best Regards, Amy

Nov. 10th, 2020

jennifernyhof Chicago, IL

I had some difficulty installing my own SSL certificate (which was totally my fault). They worked quickly to investigate and then resolve the issue.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Jennifer, Securing your site is important, we're glad to hear that our team was able to help with the installation. Thank you for your review! Amy

Apr. 5th, 2021

Mileena Colón Attleboro, MA

I am a new customer and I’m just overall satisfied with the customer service and the services this company offers. Thank you Name.com!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mileena, Welcome to the Name family, we are so happy you're here! Thank you for your kind review. Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 10th, 2021

Abdullah Al Mamun Dhaka, 13

I have been a user of name.com for several years. They're a great company to work with. The support is quick, friendly and helpful!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Abdullah, We could not be more grateful to receive your review. Thank you for choosing Name as your domain registrar. Best Regards, Amy

Feb. 9th, 2021

Juan Zerpa Seville, SE

I have been a user of name.com for several years and their attention has been impeccable. They always respond, their website works well, it is intuitive and fast. Juan Z.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Juan, We very much appreciate you being a part of Name and taking the time to leave a review! Best Regards, Amy

Jan. 4th, 2021

Michael Lecuyer Viola, DE

I have not had the same poor access to customer service others have had, at least no yet. There are two things I find a problem: They advertise that the "Startup" level will run a website. Not entirely true in the most popular software WordPress. They have CPU and memory restrictions that remind you of a 266 from the eighties. 256M or memory and a very limited use of the CPU. My PI3, running a website has a Gig of memory and 4 processors. For example a plugin update will never appear to complete. You have to test the web site to see when the update competed. It is impossible to run UpdraftPlus as it will never complete because it quickly exhausts the meager resources. Problem 2. If you exceed three failed logins of any type you will be locked out of your cpanel, and any other service. In my case I'm trying to fix my email password so if I check email with a client the three attempts are made and I cannot get into the cPanel to fix it for some undermined time. A person who was trying to log into our website spent a half hour trying to log in when they had failed to type their password correctly. The more they tried the deeper they got in the tarpit.

Jasmine Sethi Ypsilanti, MI

Great customer service. Polite and prompt.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Jasmine, We appreciate your kind words! Thank you for taking the time to share. Best Regards, Amy

May. 20th, 2021

milton hahnel Perth, WA

Good promt service competive prices when registering a domain name overall good

Reply from Name.com

Hello Milton, We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide a great experience for you. Your review and support is greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Amy

Mar. 31st, 2021

Dawn Korman Chicago, IL

I received top notch step by step instructions from Ted who helped me clean up the giant mess I’d made. Thanks!!!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Dawn, Great to hear that Ted was there to help! Thank you for your review and being a part of Name.com. Best Regards, Amy

Nov. 19th, 2020

MikeD Denver, CO

I'm not tech savvy at all. When I needed to make a website, name. com was by far the easiest and best for me to use. Would definitely recommend!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Mike, Elated to hear that our hosting product allowed you to get your site up and running with ease. Thank you for sharing about your experience! Amy

Nov. 18th, 2020

Yong Fremont, CA

I used too many Domain Name Registrars...name.com is the only one crazy team! I tried to transfer over 20 domain from Godaddy to name! Do you know what's happened?! We all know the domains are transferred need to 3-5 days! I registered and transferred my domain on Sep 14th! But my account is closed on Sep 17th! And the most bad thing is I never got any reminders that my account is closed...Though my account is closed, the domain keeps transferring... They closed my account, but keeps transferring...what's do the guys want to do?! I contact their support...but only ask me to send the email to [email protected], But until now, no any response got! In all, 100% stay away to name.com Bad workflow, bad support!

Reply from Name.com

Hello Yong, Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for any confusion. We have looked further into your account and it seems that our fraud team is currently communicating with you via email for resolution. Our fraud team will have the ability to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about the current standing of your account. Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 23rd, 2019

Barbra Barbour Norfolk, VA

I ran into trouble from the start. They advertised a great deal on domain names and they was no disclaimer saying only certain names were eligible. I bought one at the advertised price, but when I tried to register a second one the next day they attempted to charge me $125 for it. I should have known it wasn't going to get better. Fast forward a year, I'm trying to log into my account and can't. I sent a password request and that's when the real trouble started. While claiming that security is important to them, they expect you to send private info, including a scan of your drivers license, over an unsecured connection. It took more than a week of going back and forth while they did nothing to improve the situation at all. I have moved my domain to another registrar and I will never do business with them again.

Tony G New York, NY

I transferred 90% of my domains to another registrar early this year because of name.com's lack of reliability and functionalities, and planned to transfer the rest to google.com when it graduates from its beta phase as a domain registrar. One month later, I became to receive "Renew now to avoid service disruption" hoax notifications from name.com on domains that were already under another registrar's management. In their emails, name.com threatened that the whois "Privacy Service" would expire within 24 hours, but I could renew them at $0 with name.com. Those were the domains that had nothing to do with name.com any more, and their records should have been deleted the moment when they were transferred awsy from name.com. All the emails that I sent requesting name.com to stop its hoaxs just went nowhere. Each time, they made a pology after a delay, and then continued its abusive as usual. I had enough. On September 7, 2016, I decided to transfer all the domains away from name.com. Yet, there was another big surprise - my account was blocked by name.com's newly updated "Domain Name Registration Agreement." Without clicking the "Accept" button, I could not use the domain management tools, including lifting the privacy service, unlock the domains and obtain the auth codes so that I could transfer the domains away to another registrar. While I was very busy these days, I was forced to spend a significant amount of time to deal with this gorssly abusive perpetrator. As of this date of September 20, 2016, 13 days after I requested the transfers, all the domains are still held up by name.com.

Byron Kensington, MD

I started with Name.com about 8 years ago when it was registered in Washington DC. Then it moved to Colorado. Now it says it's in Washington state. ... The registration and renewal fees use to be 8.99; now it's 12.99 and up. Customer service use to be professional; now you're lucky to reach anyone and especially lucky if you feel the person you are talking to or corresponding with is an adult. The latest terms and conditions say that should you qualify for a refund for something, the company reserves the right to pay you with Bearglecoin, their new coupon system. This company is no longer professional; I'll be moving my domains, as well those owned by my clients.

Simon Vetterli

I bought a hosting and a domain with name.com. I had some technical issues - but they are not able to solve the problem. I solved everything by myself - and in the end, they are asking to review the case... Also - an email for cancel the service - no answer since more than 5 days. What will happens with the domain I bought -> no answer from them. In the near future I will not choose a company like this anymore. Better pay a bit more for a hosting - instead of having a non working hosting provider. I am somehow "happy" to see, that I am not the only one with this kind of experiences...

Isaac Zoran

There's a good reason why name.com support a bike to work incentive programme, it's because they charge you more than the amount requested at the point of payment. I purchased a name from them adevertised at their discounted rate. At the point of payment, it clearly showed 1.99 but upon submitting the payment it changed to the full price of 10.99. I seriously DO have to find an alternative way to work tomorrow as they've taken my money for transport, and their support system stinks. The only way I got an answer was by hounding them on facebook, but even then they refuse to admit what happened. My advice? Any online company is only as good as it's support system, and name.com has a lousy support system. Stick with a more reputable company to avoid paying more than what you intended.

michael steiner San Jose, CA

This is the absolute worst experience I have had in the 54 years I have been alive. The sight navigation is the most cumbersome I have used in the last 7 years. The templates are very limited and extremely hard, nearly impossible to use. I would rather upload my own html docs and use them but, even though I have my own domain which i purchased through name.com they have no record of it. Support 0, ease of use 0. I will use one of the 3 other hosting companies where i can use a channel do do the things I want and not be locked in to a template that is barely editable. Negative 10 is my rating for this site.

syn

First, I'm a new dad who has come to learn that I don't have as much time as I used to as you can imagine. After being with Name.com for many years I decided why not try their hosting. I've seen their ads on the site trying to entice users with various deals over the years as well. I figured why not give it a shot now, after all - this isn't the stone age of hosting anymore and it should be pretty straight forward. Unfortunately I was wrong. I decided to opt for the starter package before investing any further. I'm glad I stopped at that point and encourage anyone who is considering using Name.com to reconsider. After purchasing the hosting I decided to put Wordpress on it via cPanel which was actually very straight-forward. "Wow" I thought, very simple and very quick. Next I decided to get started on setting it up, only to find that some error had occurred in regards to me not being able to access cPanel any longer. I didn't have any more time at this point and figured I'd shoot a quick email and hope to get a reply. I did get a reply, it took longer than I had hoped. In fact, it came so late that I had to wait for another chance to sort this issue out. The next day I had some time and figured I'll try to continue off where I left. I was told in the email that my issue had to do with Name.com's server needing time to fully propagate the site. Unsure if thats correct because after all I did install WP. Anyways, I figured enough time has passed and that issue should be done with. OK, time to use FireZilla to login via FTP and start building up the site. Wait, that can't happen. I used the config file provided by Name.com specifically made to ensure that FireZilla was properly setup to connect. I try to login to the FTP with my password from Name.com, or for some reason the password I set with WordPress. Nope and nope. Oh wait, now I can't get into cPanel again. WTF is going on here. I'll shoot them another email, hopefully they will get back to me quickly because I was actually looking forward to this and now having to deal with this is is starting to upset me. Wait another day. I then receive an email saying that I logged in so many times with wrong passwords that it got caught in their firewall and am told that I should double check my passwords - fair enough. "That's great they have a firewall" I think, and I double check my passwords. Yep, everything should work. Too bad that I can't even access the FTP. Alright one last try. Lets login and start this all over again, I have some free time again. Nope. I still cannot log into FTP, no matter if I make a new account or use the special account they provide as default. Better than that, I can't even log into cPanel again. Name.com you have greatly disappointed me. The time spent on making your ads or blog posts funny to attract new users should be better spent making things straight-forward for your already paying users. I was with you for many years, and I say was because this is ridiculous. I'm fed up with the lack of support you have, and the services other than your bulk-domain checker, which is the main reason this rating has a 2. Not only am I going to one of your competitors, but I'm looking to make sure that whenever looks for a Name.com review they'll find one of your previous customers warning them of what kind of garbage they have to wade through. BTW, I'm still waiting on an email reply. Thanks for nothing.

Kamal Tirupur, TN

Good, we need you to respond much faster, to address our issues

Reply from Name.com

Hello Kamal, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any delay in resolution, we will continue to work to improve our response time for our customers. Best Regards, Amy

Apr. 27th, 2021

Rob Gibson Newcastle-under-Lyme, STS

They are efficient and professional while offering good value for money. Support is also top drawer.

Reply from Name.com

Hello Rob, Transferring your domains to a new registrar can certainly be nerve-racking. We're glad that you chose us to help you through this process and that it was an enjoyable experience! Best Regards, Amy

Sep. 29th, 2020

Samantha Cape Canaveral, FL

After I signed p my phone never stopped calling with callers from Indian outsourcers. Seriously never stopped ringing. 15 callers and you have to answer the phone to get them to stop. After you answer you have to say hello, hello, hello, hello because if you don't; talk to them they will keep calling. When you tell them to quit calling nicely. They hang up.

Reply from Name.com

Hi Samantha, we're sorry to hear about this. It sounds like we need to add privacy protection to your domain name, so telemarketers may no longer view your domain's whois information. If you reach out to our Support Team (), they can provide you with a promo code.

Jul. 17th, 2019

Danny Parvino Georgetown, OH

Tech Support never answers phone. This after a seemingly failed upgrade on there part years of email lost and no way to get a person on the line. Chat is only open during business hours and that seems to be the only way to contact the comapany. 15 Years of uptime with no down time with last provide moved to name.com been down with no company email for two days and can't get help.. Time to move to a different Provider.

Rob Clifford Boston, MA

Purchasing two domains through Name.com recently has led to HUGE spam emails, texts, and phone calls -- the calls all, of course, from U.S. phone numbers but without fail having a delay and an Indian male voice on the other end. I know about WhoIs and setting privacy (which Name.com makes you pay for), but didn't matter, they obviously are selling contact info. I have domains which I purchased through Google, Tigertech, and a few other companies, and honestly have never had anything CLOSE to this level of barrage after the fact. I am not exaggerating. It's been obnoxious.

Ikramy Ghidan

I'm really disappointed with their support services. They have no clue at all. I asked them to change my primary domain to another one I registered. Once they did that, my hosting stopped displaying PHP files. I contacted them many times and they keep repeat the same message instead of actually fixing the problem. They just marked my tickets as solved while they're not, and now I'm paying for something that I'm unable to use.