If you’re looking to purchase a .com domain, eNom charges $13.95 for the first year. Although there are a few registrars that offer cheaper pricing, eNom’s pricing falls within the average price range for most domain names offered by other sellers, making it competitive. One thing consumers may not find favorable is that eNom’s advertised prices are subject to change. The sales prices apply to new 1-year registrations only and doesn’t apply to renewals, transfers, multi-year registrations, premiums, or previous purchases. However, when purchasing a .com name for $13.95, we found the renewal price remained at $13.95/year.
Number of TLDs Available
Customers wanting to purchase a large number of Top Level Domains at one time (large meaning 100 domains or more) can do so with eNom. eNom offers hundreds of domains to choose from. Some companies only offer around 100 different TLDs while some offer over 500. eNom offers closer to the 500 and more range, making them competitive in this area.
For domain security protection, eNom offers several options for customers, including:
- ID Protect (WHOIS Privacy Protection): Hides your personal information listed on the public WHOIS database to protect you from identity theft, spamming and other foul play. eNom charges $4.95/year and higher for ID Protect services. (Upon checkout, the price comes to $8.00/year when purchasing a domain name only). This price is lower than most domain companies, who average at $9.99/year for privacy protection.
- Symantec Safe Site (For web hosting plan customers): Provides websites with a globally recognized Norton Secured Seal to let shoppers know the site is safe to visit. Symantec is designed for large businesses starting at $20.00/month or $299.00/year.
- GeoTrust Website Anti-Malware Scan: Monitors websites for malware to avoid attacks that could damage their business. eNom charges customers $15.00/year (and up) for this service.
- SiteLock: Shields websites from hackers by monitoring the website’s network and software. It also helps to dispose of any vulnerabilities it discovers. Sitelock costs a minimum of $15.00/year and up.
Enom’s prices are high for security protection compared to some competitors for their web hosting protection services; however, WHOIS Privacy protection is much cheaper, starting at $4.95/year.
Consumers can expect a total of 2 upsells when purchasing an eNom domain name. Once you find an available domain name, eNom tries to upsell you for additional available domain names, which they list on the same page. These additional domains have 3 categories: Suggested, Premium and More Domain names. Once you opt to checkout, there is one final page with one more suggested add-on, which is ID Protection (WHOIS Domain privacy). Compared to certain companies who make consumers for through several sales pages with pop ups or long scrolling lists of boxes to check (or uncheck) for additional products or services, eNom keeps the checkout process very simple and unobtrusive. Note: There may be more upsells after account registration, but otherwise, the total upsells remains at 2. Two upsells is the average number for domain registrars, making eNom on par with its competitors.
Simple Domain-Transfer Policies
If for some reason a customer is unsatisfied with eNom or just wants to transfer their domain to a different registrar, there is plenty of information on the internet on how to do so by many of the major domain registrars (i.e. GoDaddy). This implies- and other companies have stated-in print that the process of transferring your name somewhere else from eNom is an easy process. This means eNom has a good reputation for easy domain transfer, considering the stereotype of domain registrars have for holding names hostage, making it difficult to switch registrars if you become dissatisfied, charging exorbitant fees or creating delays to avoid losing business. External eNom transfers are estimated to take up to 7 days, which is standard in the domain industry at 5-7 days.
If customers have a question, a tech support issue or need assistance, eNom offers 24/7 support by phone, email and “Live” Chat. They also have a Support page on their site with commonly asked questions and answers. The “Live” Chat feature does not function as an instant messenger interface; rather, it acts as a support ticket. It can also be used to access commonly asked questions and answers without having to go to the Support page. Some customers may be disappointed in this, preferring to talk to a representative in real time. Having 24/7 availability puts eNom ahead of some companies who only offer phone support during limited hours.
Other TLD Prices
To purchase other common Top Level Domains (TLDs), it costs slightly more than the .com pricing. For example, a .org name is $14.75 while a .net name is $15.23. This also matches up with the majority of domain name sellers in the industry. The only less competitive feature is that a few companies make the other TLD prices the same as their .coms. So for example, is a .com is $13.95, then the .org, .net, .info, etc are also $13.95/year. eNom’s pricing goes up a bit for other domain extensions instead.
eNom, like all domain registrar companies, has to pay an 18 cent annual fee to ICANN for each domain they register. When purchasing a domain name, eNom does not disclose whether or not they are passing the ICANN fee onto the customer by including it in the domain price or if they are absorbing the cost themselves. Either way, the ICANN fee is not added onto the domain price at checkout, so customers pay the advertised price.
If you want to purchase a large number of domain names at once, eNom does not advertise a bulk discount of any kind. This puts customers at a disadvantage when compared to a few companies that do offer bulk pricing discounts. Let’s say you buy 300 domains together, they may give you 30% off. eNom does not appear to offer something like this.
eNom offers no mobile app that allows customers to manage their domains from a smart device. They do offer a service called goMobi that makes a mobile website for customers to make their online businesses easily accessible and responsive to mobile users. goMobi helps mobile websites to run fast with an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. with immediate access on to all the key information about the business through their mobile device and can contact them with just one click or touch. Regarding price, emobi is free for the first 30 days and becomes a monthly fee starting at $7.00 and up (depending on which plan you choose).
eMobi, however, does not substitute for a downloadable application for mobile users who are domain name customers of eNom. Not offering apps, free or subscription, for Android and iOS puts eNom mobile users at a disadvantage compared to a few of their competitors who do offer iOS and Android apps for their services.
For web registration, eNom offers the following registration pricing for each of these common domain names:
- $39.95 a year for a .com domain.
- $39.95 a year for a .org domain.
- $39.95 a year for a .net domain.
- $39.95 for a .info domain.
Less common domain names are available at different prices. Bulk purchasing prices are also available.
Additional Services Prices
Enom also offers the following additional services:
- WhoIs privacy: $8.00 per year.
- Business Listing: $20.00 per year.
- Pop Email: $19.99 per year.
- Linux Web Hosting: Starting at $4.88 per year.
- Website Creator: Starting at $2.85 per month.
eNom has several different hosting options available, including web hosting, virtual private servers, and cloud services.
eNom supports a variety of domains, including .com, .net, .org, .info, as well as several other domain names that are accessible through a search engine that lets users pick their domains.
Accepted Payment Types
We found that eNom takes American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Since prices are billed monthly, eNom does not take other forms of electronic payment.
eNom offers telephone support and a ticketing platform, which initiates correspondence through email. eNom does not have live chat for customer support.
- eNom offers both Linux and Windows web hosting.
- Dream Objects, a cloud hosting system that lets users back up their sites and develop API objects.
- Scalability is one of the many features of eNom’s products and services, especially its Dream Objects and other cloud services.
- justCloud, which is another one of eNom’s services that allows users to share files securely.
- Scalable email hosting, costing as little as $.03 per day, with POP3 email accounts available at a cost of $19.99/month.
- Multiple virus and malware protection for web pages on eNom’s hosted web service.
Company Contact Information
5808 Lake Washington Blvd. NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
Support Phone: (425) 274-4500
Sales Phone: (425) 274-4703
*No contact email, except through ticket system.