- Other TLD prices
- Number of TLDs available
- Bulk price
- Security features
- Cross selling
- Customer support
- ICANN accreditation
To purchase a .com domain name with Above.com, it will cost $9.45/year. This price is less expensive than the average going rate in the domain name industry. Low rates typically hover around $11.99 to $15.99. This makes Above.com's pricing competitive in this area. You can also backorder .com domains for $15.70.
Other TLD Prices
Prices for other Top-Level Domains (TLDs) like .net, .co, .org, .info, etc. range from $8.00/year to $29.95/year. These prices are on par with most competitors in the industry for additional TLDs. If you want to backorder a .net, .org, .us or .biz domain, prices range from $12.00 to $18.10/year.
Number of TLDs Available
Above.com offers hundreds of Top Level Domains (TLDS). Many TLD companies offer a greater variety of more than 500 TLDs but most do not. This puts Above.com on par with most domain companies in this area. Above.com is also a domain name marketplace where customers can buy or sell their domain names or park them there if they choose.
Above.com is one of the very few domain registrars that offer bulk pricing. For bulk discount rates, you have to purchase 100 domains or more if you have or wish to transfer a domain into the Above.com Domain Registrar. The exact discount percentage requires talking with a sales representative. They also offer Bulk Transfer Financing.
Above.com offer customers free WHOIS privacy with the purchase of one or more domain names. Many companies charge for this feature on a yearly basis, ranging from $9.99 to $11.99/year. All domain registrars are required to list the personal information (name, address, etc) of the domain name owner on this public database, which makes them vulnerable to hackers, identity theft and spamming. Above.com's privacy protection hides this personal information from the public. Offering free privacy protection is a very competitive feature, putting Above.com above the competition in this area.
When it comes to upselling, Above.com gives customers a break. Once you purchase a domain name, Above.com gives you the option to add on other available or suggested domains. Next they require your personal and credit card information. They then take you to the payment page from there. While some domain companies bombard users with 2 or more upsells while checking out, Above.com does not, making them superior in this regard.
Above.com gives customers more options than the average domain registrar in the area of customer support. They offer both email, phone, live chat, forums and other related support. The details include:
- Phone support: Above.com does not supply hours for their phone support. This is a significant negative. They do share their head office hours, which are 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, Australian Eastern Standard Time. (This may or may not apply to phone support availability). Most companies offer phone hours along with their contact numbers, so Above.com falls short in this area.
- Email Support: While some domain registrars do not display their email addresses openly, Above.com does. They also offer more than one email-a contact email, expert help email and an abuse email to report unscrupulous activity such as spamming.
- Live Chat Support: Above.com offers a Live Chat feature that functions in real time. Many companies offer a Live chat feature that operates as a contact form. Compared to most domain companies who offer 24/7 chat support, Above.com has set chat support hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30am to midnight USA Pacific time and Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm USA Pacific time.
- Fax Support: Unlike many companies today, Above.com leaves a fax number for customers who have a fax machine and want to use that option.
- F&Q Section: Falls under the category of "autopilot"on Above.com's site. Autopilot means evergreen informational support already available. Above.com offers a full Facts and Questions page with commonly asked questions and answers. Many companies offer this as well.
- Quick Start Guide: A separate page with detailed instructions on how to autopilot monetization for your domain name with topics such as making infographics and video tutorials.
- Online Manual: A separate page about a paragraph long detailing all the domains Above.com offers. They also provide a link to discounted domain pricing and the full list of supported domain name extensions.
Additionally, if customers want to contact Above.com through postal mail, the company puts their mailing address on the contact/support page. This is different than many domain registrars, who do not offer their company's address as a means of contact.