Purina Pet Foods Logo

Purina Pet Foods

Is This Your Business?

7.6

Purina pet food was founded in 1894 and was formerly know as Ralston Purina. In 2001, the company merged with Nestle's Friskies Petcare Company and is now known as Nestle Purina PetCare. It offers a variety of dog food brands:

• Alpo
  • Purina Pro Plan
  • Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
  • The Pioneer Woman Dog Treats
  • Waggin' Train

Its food options range from dry to wet food and meals suitable for most dogs. The Purina website includes a helpful tool to help choose the right food for Fido (out of 300+ options), with several filters:

• Dry or wet food
  • Small or large breeds
  • Puppy or senior dogs
  • Grain-free food

Purina dog food is sold at nationwide retailers like Petsmart. It is also available for online ordering at store.purina.com and through well-known retailers like Amazon, Chewy, and Tractor Supply Co.

Want more info? Keep reading for Purina dog food reviews from pet owners like you.

Chewy Logo
#2 Chewy chevron_right
4.8
Blue Buffalo Logo
#4 Blue Buffalo chevron_right

Frances Harmatuk Baltimore, MD

I trust Purina for all my cat food needs. We love the Purina Pro and I was super thrilled that it was on the recommended brands when I went to the vet this year.

Nell Damascus, MD

Using Putin’s EN for my nee puppy. My veterinarian highly recommended it because it has simple ingredients of rice and chicken

Kristin Fleming Tallahassee, FL

My dog loves the food!! Very simple ingredients and perfect for her diet. She never misses any pieces of food when eating Purina.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

One of the best quality pet foods out there. Their puppy blends are a must-have. Only issue is that they can get expensive compared to other brands.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

Purina Pet Foods just wasn't for me. My dog didn't like the food and I switched to something more natural.

Brodie Smithfield, UT

We have used many different dog foods from Purina and have been so happy with each of them. We never have a problem with our dogs tummy not liking it!

Opi Logan, UT

Price has always been less than other top brands, while still providing high quality nutrition for my dog. Will continue to buy.

Kristi Johnson Logan, UT

I love that I can purchase it at Sam’s Club and able to get it for a discount. My dog loves it and is very healthy

Charity Bond Smithfield, UT

It’s great!! They gave my dog a shiny coat and it keeps my dog in very good shape and gives dogs lots of energy

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

I liked purina dog food until my veterinary told me to stop using it because they don't use quality ingredients.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

It is decent for the price. They have a bunch of different lines to chose from. But my dog personally didn't thrive on it.

Ashlee Aurazo Orem, UT

They are pretty good priced and go on sale regularly. My dog likes it and has since she was a puppy.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

The options are awesome! And our dog's favorite food. We tried others, but she seems to love this one especially.

Harsh roki Chandler, AZ

Don't know about the ingredients but my dog adores it! Always buy him the treats of this brand.

mary San Diego, CA

we recently adopted a dog from the shelter and this is what they fed the dogs there (purina donates free food to them). We appreciated that gesture so much that we stuck with this brand and really like it (well, our dog really likes it)

April Jones Salt Lake City, UT

My Great Dane eats this just as well as the overpriced brand, has had zero stomach issues, and is full of energy!!! And it cost me 60% what the high cost brands cost!

Ellie Cheyenne, WY

This is a dog food I can trust. I know my dog is healthy and happy on this food, and I love the quality products.

Amalia AMLU5848 Arvada, CO

I exclusively purchase Purina for my dog. I buy the bags in bulk for a reasonable price. There are a variety of options from puppy to adult dog food with different meats and veggies.

Rathan Kumar Trabuco Canyon, CA

Purina Dog Chow has been the only food one of my dogs will eat. Great product and she absolutely loves it.

Jeremy Webb Dallas, TX

Purina is one of the poorest dog food options out there. Their food gave my dog countless stomach issues to the point where he would barely eat. As soon as I switched brand away from Purina, he was back to normal and I will never go back or recommend!

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I always buy Purina pet food for my dogs. I have been using it for years now, and I’m very happy with the price and how my dogs love it.

Nora Holland Long Beach, MS

I always feed my dogs Purina. They look so healthy and their fur coats are so smooth.

Alexa Pitre New Orleans, LA

My animals like Purina but it’s too expensive. Wish it was more affordable. Great quality though.

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

Purina pet food gave my dog volcano diarrhea. Works for my other dog though so I buy it for her.

DeeDee G. Norcross, GA

I use purina for my dogs personally. For what ever reason dogs love specifically the purina brand. A little bit on the more expensive side though.

jkenny90 , TX

I still occasionally use the Purina One dog food to feed my dog as she enjoys the taste of it and it is very affordable.

cb Thibodaux, LA

I feed my dog Purina and he loves it! Not very expensive and very big portions of the food so a big bag lasts me a good while.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

My family has a Schnauzer and we have always bought her different flavors of Purina One. She loves them all and she has always been healthy with respect to her diet.

Eny Donnelly Port Saint Lucie, FL

Good product , my dog love the food and very safe, and affordable, I really like it

kaylee Salt Lake City, UT

We always buy Purina. They are inexpensive and the dogs love it! It’s not super high quality, but it’s great for the price.

Jackson Barousse Thibodaux, LA

My dog loves Purina! I love the variation of different types of dog food and all at a affordable price!

Holly Brown Baton Rouge, LA

My dogs are in love with this brand and their food, I have never seen them so excited and full of energy until I started them on this! Great price to pay for my furry friends’ happiness.

Mary Haring Sandy, UT

Purina Dog Chow was my dog’s favorite. It was affordable and one of the only foods that didn’t give him an allergic reaction.

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

My dog seems to like this food ! They have different options for how old the dog is. The price of the bag is reasonable!

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I own 4 dogs and had to experiment with different foods to find the most affordable food that my dogs would actually eat. I had a very mixed reaction with my dogs to Purina. It wasn’t too expensive, but my dogs didn’t always finish their food. They would go hungry and eat because they finally got hungry enough when I used Purina. It wasn’t their favorite.

Adria Riverton, UT

Purina always has so many options and they have great quality with affordability

London Larson Layton, UT

My dog likes this stuff! she has had it ever since she was born! it has good ingredients and i think it’s a good product.

Jessica Clearfield, UT

Quality dog food for a good price. We’ve tried a lot of different brands and this is his favorite so far.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Purina Pet Foods was a great source of nutrition for our puppy. We were able to use Purina throughout our pet's life. That helped in health and digestive processes and kept us out of the vets office. Great value!

Hallieford West Valley City, UT

Putin’s has been perfect for my active dog! High quality ingredients and low prices!

Briauna Norton Jacksonville, FL

I have been feeding my dog Purina since he was 8 weeks old and he has never had any health problems. His veterinarians highly recommend this food brand due to its variety.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

The food quality is not great, uses a lot of fillers in their food which makes dogs fats

JR Suguturaga Orem, UT

Good quality at a good price. My dog usually enjoys to variety and seems to keep him healthy.

Kilee Wagner Eagle Mountain, UT

Our puppy loves the pro plan line of Purina. Great quality for a great price. Like the flavor varieties too!

Silvia Lobendahn Orem, UT

Our dogs love Purina dog foods. We have been feeding them this food for over 8 years and now that our dogs are starting to get older we will be able to continue to provide them with food they love as they transition to a chow that incorporates their needs.

Tungsten Hale Orem, UT

Purina has a great line of dog food products that my dogs are always in love with.

Aaliyah Lobendahn Orem, UT

We’ve tried many different brands of dogs food for our pets but we’ve always come back to Purina because our pets love it! No matter which recipe we try they always come back for more.

Danielle Parry Wylie, TX

Cheaper than other brands with good products. ok for our dog. Switched to a all natural brand

dmc11 St Louis, MO

Excellent offerings, feel safe feeding their products to my pets. Trusted by my family for years.

Alan Olmedo Lubbock, TX

My pets love Purina and the price is very affordable compared to other pet foods.