Purina Pet Foods Logo

Purina Pet Foods

Is This Your Business?

7.7

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021

Purina pet food was founded in 1894 and was formerly know as Ralston Purina. In 2001, the company merged with Nestle's Friskies Petcare Company and is now known as Nestle Purina PetCare. It offers a variety of dog food brands:

• Alpo
  • Purina Pro Plan
  • Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
  • The Pioneer Woman Dog Treats
  • Waggin' Train

Its food options range from dry to wet food and meals suitable for most dogs. The Purina website includes a helpful tool to help choose the right food for Fido (out of 300+ options), with several filters:

• Dry or wet food
  • Small or large breeds
  • Puppy or senior dogs
  • Grain-free food

Purina dog food is sold at nationwide retailers like Petsmart. It is also available for online ordering at store.purina.com and through well-known retailers like Amazon, Chewy, and Tractor Supply Co.

Want more info? Keep reading for Purina dog food reviews from pet owners like you.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

My dog literally only eats this food. I get the small bites one since my dog is small. It's priced very well, right in the middle of the range, and it doesn't have additives, and it doesn't try to tell you your carnivore dog needs more vegetables. It'd proper dog food and my dog does it.

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I own a 2 year old German Shepard that has a lot of energy. She spends most of the time in the yard burning energy do I needed to find a high protein/ calorie food for her. She seems too like it a lot because it is usually gone in under a minute. It’s fairly cheap and doesn’t smell too bad for dog food.

BaiLeY WiLsOn Dickinson, TX

I feed both of my cats Purina cat food to help with their urinary track infections and have had amazing results.

Angela Wellsville, UT

Our 87lb black lab is straight muscle and hungry! She loves her Purina Dog Chow. We feed her twice a day and her coat is healthy and shiny and she is in great health. The cost is hands down the reason we choose Purina - so much more for the same cost of other brands for half the amount. Some will argue the ingredients are inferior to other brands, but we’ve tried some of the more expensive brands and didn’t notice any difference in her coat or her behavior.

Frances Harmatuk Baltimore, MD

I trust Purina for all my cat food needs. We love the Purina Pro and I was super thrilled that it was on the recommended brands when I went to the vet this year.

Violet Acosta Stewart Gulfport, MS

This is one of the only brands of dog food my dog will eat. Her stomach is sensitive and she is able to stomach this, it's amazing. Not only that but she's very picks and will only eat this.

mary San Diego, CA

we recently adopted a dog from the shelter and this is what they fed the dogs there (purina donates free food to them). We appreciated that gesture so much that we stuck with this brand and really like it (well, our dog really likes it)

Silvia Lobendahn Orem, UT

Our dogs love Purina dog foods. We have been feeding them this food for over 8 years and now that our dogs are starting to get older we will be able to continue to provide them with food they love as they transition to a chow that incorporates their needs.

kylie bodell North Salt Lake, UT

Purina pet food is our dogs favorite food! The quality of ingredients of dog food is what we appreciate the most for our family dog! You definitely can’t go wrong choosing this high quality pet food. Our favorite is purina one lamb and rice dog food.

Zac Cannon Gulfport, MS

My dog has eaten Purina ONE since he was a puppy. He loves it and never gets sick of it. We have recently switched food to Science Diet (Doctor's orders), but Purina was good to him and he loved it since his puppy years! Our Cat still eats Purina Cat Chow and it's absolutely the only food she eats!

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

My kitties devoured the new Purina Purely Fancy Feast Filets. Unlike other cat foods where the fish doesn't smell fresh, you could tell in Purina's food everything was made fresh and they loved it. I have already stocked the kitty food cabinet with more because of how fast they ate it

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I Obviously have no idea what this taste like but my dog seems to like it. The value is good. I will say it’s not the cheapest one you can buy but it does seem like my dog likes it more than Walmart brand. I guess it’s a trusted company because I’ve seen her around for so many years and it’s what my parents used for our pets

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I buy Purina dog food for my dog because it is a name that I trust, it is a good price, and They have had a history of producing healthy safe food over many years. I trust my dog will get the nutrients and benefits he needs out of Purina dog food.

Whitney Stanko Smithfield, UT

I get the Purina small bites for my little puppy. He loves them so much and the price I pay for as big as bag as I get is not bad at all! Very healthy for my dog. He loves it! Never had problems with him getting sick from eating it. He remains healthy!

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

I have always trusted Purina for my pets. Quality ingredients, mean I am taking good care of my animals

Nell Damascus, MD

Using Putin’s EN for my nee puppy. My veterinarian highly recommended it because it has simple ingredients of rice and chicken

Kristin Fleming Tallahassee, FL

My dog loves the food!! Very simple ingredients and perfect for her diet. She never misses any pieces of food when eating Purina.

Brodie Smithfield, UT

We have used many different dog foods from Purina and have been so happy with each of them. We never have a problem with our dogs tummy not liking it!

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

We use this brand at my local animal shelter. Our pickier eaters don't turn down Purina often! The taste and smell is fur-pal approved. The bags are also pretty full, so you get your moneys worth.

Holly Brown Baton Rouge, LA

My dogs are in love with this brand and their food, I have never seen them so excited and full of energy until I started them on this! Great price to pay for my furry friends’ happiness.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I own 4 dogs and had to experiment with different foods to find the most affordable food that my dogs would actually eat. I had a very mixed reaction with my dogs to Purina. It wasn’t too expensive, but my dogs didn’t always finish their food. They would go hungry and eat because they finally got hungry enough when I used Purina. It wasn’t their favorite.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Purina Pet Foods was a great source of nutrition for our puppy. We were able to use Purina throughout our pet's life. That helped in health and digestive processes and kept us out of the vets office. Great value!

Robert Paugh Long Beach, MS

I had all three of my chows on Purina for there whole lives. I have a border collie that is 6 years old and she has been on Purina also. Purina has a great selection of merchandise. Purina is highly recommended.

Madison Kneiss Long Beach, MS

purina one is amazing food and a great price. i buy the chicken and rice. my dogs love it. the ingredients are more chicken than any of the fillers that other budget friendly foods put in their food.

Madelyn Madison, MS

PURINA IS A TRUSTED NAME FOR WELL OVER 50 YEARS. IT'S THE ONLY BRAND MY DOGS HAVE EVER HAD. IT'S QUAILYY DOOG FOOD WITH A VERY REASONABLE PRICE. DEFINITELY SUGGEST TO OTHERS TO TRY IT

Brenda Mertes Houston, TX

Purina is philanthropic and healthy for pets. This has always been my go-to brand for my dogs. They love the stuff! It is also a great price and knowing that some of it goes back to pet-related charities is comforting.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Purina Pet Foods has been a name I can trust for many years. I have bought many bags of dog food and it is always good quality that I know my dog likes and that is good for him.

Breanne Stanko Logan, UT

Purina dog food Is great! I got the small bites for my puppy and he loves them. Full of great nutrition and natural foods. Very healthy for him. And the price I pay for a 15 lb bag is not bad at all!!

Braden Stanko Smithfield, UT

My family uses Purina Small Bites for our dog. He loves it and it is very healthy. It is nutritious and our dog loves it. Great dog food. The price we pay for as big of a bag we get is so worth it!!

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have purchased Purina Pet Foods many times over the years and they have a great selection for my dog and other animals. They are a good price, high quality and a name that I can trust. Also, my dog likes the food.

Beth Knight Nakhon Sawan, 60

I’ve always fed my dogs with Purina. They use healthy ingredients and my dogs always love eating it

Mason Allen Provo, UT

One of the best quality pet foods out there. Their puppy blends are a must-have. Only issue is that they can get expensive compared to other brands.

MatC Tucson, AZ

Purina is the best brand of dog products we ever tried. Oliver eats it well and is full of energy. His favorite is chunks of beef and rice in gravy.

Opi Logan, UT

Price has always been less than other top brands, while still providing high quality nutrition for my dog. Will continue to buy.

April Jones Salt Lake City, UT

My Great Dane eats this just as well as the overpriced brand, has had zero stomach issues, and is full of energy!!! And it cost me 60% what the high cost brands cost!

Amalia AMLU5848 Arvada, CO

I exclusively purchase Purina for my dog. I buy the bags in bulk for a reasonable price. There are a variety of options from puppy to adult dog food with different meats and veggies.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

My family has a Schnauzer and we have always bought her different flavors of Purina One. She loves them all and she has always been healthy with respect to her diet.

Briauna Norton Jacksonville, FL

I have been feeding my dog Purina since he was 8 weeks old and he has never had any health problems. His veterinarians highly recommend this food brand due to its variety.

Aaliyah Lobendahn Orem, UT

We’ve tried many different brands of dogs food for our pets but we’ve always come back to Purina because our pets love it! No matter which recipe we try they always come back for more.

Diego Flores New York, NY

Quality products and affordable. My pets are very healthy and strong, and it’s all thanks to Purinas Pet Foods. A quick and affordable product for loving pet owners

Olivia Orlando, FL

Both my my dogs loved Purina’s products. The variety of favors in the Beneful line for wet and dry foods gave me plenty of options for my picky eaters.

Larson Riverton, UT

My pets love Purina pet food. It has all the nutrients your animals could need. If you are buying food for your animals, Purina is a great product for a great value.

Sherry Arnold Alpine, UT

My sister who works for a vet recommended this band to me when my dog didn't seem to like Science Diet. He will eat it a little better, but still not a fan. I think he just isn't a fan of dog food ;).

Brooklyn May Logan, UT

Purina dog food is literally the best dog food. It’s so healthy for my dog and he loves it. It keeps him full and it is natural ingredients. Not very expensive either!

Kristi Johnson Logan, UT

I love that I can purchase it at Sam’s Club and able to get it for a discount. My dog loves it and is very healthy

Charity Bond Smithfield, UT

It’s great!! They gave my dog a shiny coat and it keeps my dog in very good shape and gives dogs lots of energy

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I always buy Purina pet food for my dogs. I have been using it for years now, and I’m very happy with the price and how my dogs love it.

jkenny90 , TX

I still occasionally use the Purina One dog food to feed my dog as she enjoys the taste of it and it is very affordable.

cb Thibodaux, LA

I feed my dog Purina and he loves it! Not very expensive and very big portions of the food so a big bag lasts me a good while.

Mary Haring Sandy, UT

Purina Dog Chow was my dog’s favorite. It was affordable and one of the only foods that didn’t give him an allergic reaction.