Pupford Logo

7.1

LAST UPDATED: July 29th, 2021

Pupford’s company mission is to give every dog parent access to the best training resources and nutrition products. Alongside selling all-natural dehydrated dog food, training treats, and supplements, Pupford has partnered with YouTube’s number one dog trainer, Zak George, to provide a free dog training course.

Pupford’s dehydrated dog food is made from whole food ingredients — no grain fillers, meat meals, or fake meats. It is available in Chicken and Beef, as well as single portion samples, and is suitable for dogs in all life stages, including large breed animals that are 70+ pounds as an adult dog. The company also offers other pet products including freeze-dried sweet potato and beef liver dog treats to help while you train your dog.

In addition to pet food, several joint care supplements are available for different life stages, from puppy to senior dog.

To top it off, for every bag of food purchased, Pupford will donate a meal to a shelter pup in need.

Keep reading our breakdown for pros and cons, plus Pupford reviews from consumers.

The Good

• Dehydrated All Natural Dog Food
  • The Pupford Promise
  • Premium Ingredients
  • Digital Dog Training Guide with Zak George

Dehydrated All Natural Dog Food

Dehydrated dog food is minimally processed and made from real-food ingredients that have been dehydrated and freeze-dried.

Unlike other dog food companies, Pupford chooses to dehydrate its ingredients instead of baking them. Traditional dry dog food, or kibble, loses a lot of the vitamins, minerals, and proteins in the baking process, and Pupford’s goal is to keep all those high-quality ingredients intact.

Additionally, dehydrated food maintains the natural flavor of the food’s ingredients like beef and chicken much better than baked dog food.

The Pupford Promise

Pupford stands behind its products and offers to exchange, replace, or refund any product, if the customer is unhappy. As long as pet owners return the item within 30 days, Pupford will issue customers a full refund.

Items must be unopened on second and subsequent orders.

Premium Ingredients

To give dogs the best nutrition possible, Pupford dog food uses Ingredient Synergy, meaning the ingredients work together to create a healthy digestive environment. Its food recipes include a natural balance of fruits, vegetables, and meats. This improvement in the digestive system can boost a dog’s immune system, improve digestive health, and can even improve their behavior.

Pet owners can expect the following ingredients in a Pupford meal:

• Apples
  • Yeast extract
  • Yucca schidigera extract
  • Zinc
  • And more

Dog owners can use Pupford’s dehydrated pet food as a full meal or as a topper to enhance their pet’s diet. All they have to do is scoop the suggested amount, add water, and let it sit for a minute.

It even comes with a suggested guide to help your canine transition to this new food.

Digital Dog Training Guide with Zak George

Pupford has teamed up with YouTube’s number one dog trainer, Zak George. The 30-Day Perfect Pup training class focuses on positive reinforcement and is all about pet owners creating a stronger relationship with their dog.

With 15 years of experience training hundreds of dogs — of all ages and breeds — Zak George offers his expertise to all dog owners.

By signing up for the free class, pet owners will receive the following:

30 Days of Training

• Guided videos for new skills and behaviors (sit, down, leash, crate training, etc.)
  • Daily dog training tips and guidance via email
  • A comprehensive eBook that outlines all skills and tactics to help train your puppy

Dedicated Support

• Exclusive access to a private Facebook community of dog professionals and other dog parents
  • Unique content from dog trainers and experts
  • Access to exclusive Q and A sessions

Training Membership Perks

• Exclusive giveaways and content via email and other channels
  • Premium access to a community of trainers and professionals via chat, email, and social media

The Bad

• Only Two Flavors
  • More Expensive than Traditional Dry Kibble

Only Two Flavors

Currently, Pupford only has two recipes for pet parents to choose from: chicken or beef. While not a deal-breaker, many pet owners like being able to switch up their dogs’ diet every so often and it would be nice if Pupford had a few more options to select from.

More Expensive Than Traditional Dry Kibble

Dog owners might be a little taken back by the prices of Pupford's meals. The 9-lb bag costs $70 and a 4-lb bag costs $35.

However, even though the pet owners will be paying more, the 9-lb bag of dehydrated food makes over 34-lbs of wet dog food and has a shelf life of 12-18 months.

The Bottom Line

Dog owners looking for food that will help improve their dog’s health should look into Pupford’s dehydrated meals. The process Pupford takes to ensure that the meals don’t lose essential nutrients is impressive and great for pet owners wanting a product with a longer shelf life.

Even though Pupford’s meals appear to be more expensive than other dog food companies, dog owners will want to consider all the benefits. The meals are smaller and lighter — making them easier to store —  and the dry food powder can make over 34 pounds of prepared wet food.

Pupford teaming up with Zak George is a unique factor that sets it apart from other companies. The company not only genuinely cares about giving dogs the proper nutrition — so they can live a long and healthy life — but also about giving pet parents access to the best training resources.

Pupford meals are formulated for dogs of all ages, made from high-quality ingredients, and packed with essential nutrients, making it an excellent choice for your pet.

Stacy Handler Freehold, NJ

I have purchased the dehydrated treats, as well as the flirt pole. The treats are really excellent for training. You don’t have to worry about what you are giving your dog, plus they are in small, easily consumed bits so you can reward your dog quickly and repeatedly. I’ve tried the chicken and beef, was not a fan of the salmon just because it’s got a very strong fish odor. Obviously that is not a strike against the company, since they are giving you real proteins. I also purchased the flirt pole. Still getting my dogs used to it, but it appears to be high-quality. What I like best about Pupford is the customer service. Anytime you email in a question, you get a very quick response. Also, my package was damaged in the shipping and some items either fell or were taken out by whichever random weirdo thought they needed my flirt pole and chicken treats. I emailed the company and immediately received a replacement for the toy and for the treats. The treats are a bit on the expensive side, as you would expect for getting meat. I also buy chicken in bulk and dehydrate it, but the pieces are much larger than the tiny, quickly consumed bits. And it is a bit of a pain to make a large batch of dehydrated chicken. So I do a mix of both (the Pupford freeze-dried treats, and dehydrated chicken cubes) to stretch my dollar.

edub Icky Sonora, CA

I like their product, however, they give NO warning of a new shipment. If you have a subscription, they DO NOT notify you other than to write "your order has been received" - I think they should warn customers of pending shipments so the customer has time to modify or add to their order. Since this has happened twice now, I will not use them anymore.

Virginia

I am a member of their facebook page and I like the way they make themselves available to the public and have free samples available before you buy it. I purchased two flavors, chicken and beef, and my dog did not like the chicken and they gave a full refund without asking questions and they let me keep the bag and donate it to a local shelter. It is easy to prepare and my dog enjoys it. I have already recommended them.

Ryan Stokes Sandy, UT

My dog absolutely loves the PupFord food. When I used to feed her the normal food it would buy, she would just kind of eat way later than I actually give it to her. Now she sits there patiently and can't wait to eat her dinner. I love the fact that this food has real ingredients! I love my dog and I want the best for her, so I am happy that she loves this food!!

Elise

They've been great. My puppy did not like the pulp of the initial food that I bought so they sent a sample of the other flavors. They are very responsive and I have had a very good experience with them but my puppy doesn''t like it and it is a little expensive.

mike Lehi, UT

We''re a vet clinic and we were looking for dehydrated food. It seems like it is really good food, the quality is the same for every bag, they are very strict on the recipe and ingredients. The reps are really good about getting in contact with us and getting us the stock we need to sell.

Mia Tacoma, WA

My dogs love pupford dehydrated chicken. They have been eating Healthy Kitchen grain-free and Pupford is a great alternative and is much easier on the wallet. The biggest and actually only problem I have is with the Pupford bag which is a real pain. It doesn't seal properly and I need to transfer it to a plastic container every time I have a new bag. It may sound silly but that bag issue is a reason why I'm a stop using the product until a solution is found. A true Ziploc like other dehydrated products use would solve the problem instantly.

Jillian

Their site is easy enough to use. I really like the ingredients in the dog food. It smells pretty good and the puppy really likes it and she is kind of a picky eater and just nobbles on her foor but she gobbles this up.

Shockwave Disc Dogs LLC. Mechanicsville, MD

We have very active dogs and they LOVE Pupford Dog Food. Having Disc Dogs that compete on a regular basis we need a high quality food for them, with Pupford we have found that. Pupford customer for life.

Brandy Malad City, ID

Great dog food! Great customer service. I''ve emailed questions and always had very quick responses. Once a smaller bag of food was sent to me by mistake and they sent the correct size right away.

Deedee Yucca Valley, CA

Love them! My pup loves the dehydrated raw (I use it as a topper/gravy for her dry kibble) and also the training treats. There a big hit and can also be cut in half to get twice the treats :)

Ken S Grants Pass, OR

Great product, their freeze dried liver treats are a fantastic way of getting and keeping my dog's attention! I also like being able to have more sent on a schedule automatically.

Megan

I like that my dog eats it although it smells kind of funny and the potatoes or something, my dog doesn''t digest so it always shows up in his poop. Customer service allows me to text so I can communicate with them at work.

Brenda

It is an excellent product with really good, quality stuff. The customer support has been very prompt in responding to any questions via email or their website.

Lauren

I saw it in some of Zak George''s videos but my dog didn''t like it and my vet advised against sing a chicken product so we ended up returning it. They were very helpful and they did respond when we reached out.

I like the quality of the ingredients and the personal attention. The staff takes time to explain, they listen to the customer and explain the ingredients and options.

Sergio Urbana, IL

I think pupford provides great products that my dogs really enjoy. It's pricey and they haven't been a solution to all of my dog's bowel issues but he really enjoys their taste.

Dennis

The delivery didn''t seem super fast, it took longer to get here than it normally should. I like the convenience and the quality of it.

Erik Minneapolis, MN

We love Pupford. Although we haven't tried everything they offer the food is top notch, And the customer service has been amazing!

Michael

I saw it in the puppy training video with George. It''s a good hybrid healthy dog treat and my dogs like it a lot.

Jasmine

It is messy since you have to add water and all of that but I like that I can see actual pieces of vegetables in the food.

Shallen Mendota, IL

I think Pupford is excellent! They are very quick and attentive with all questions/responses and courteous as well.

Kevin S South Bend, IN

I really loved the beef liver treats. It was easy and convenient to purchase. Faster delivery would have been nice.

Jeff

Customer service was pretty easy, when I had to call in to cancel orders they do it right away.

The food seems to be good but my dog has thrown it up before and I don''t really like that about it.

Sara Michael Oneida, WI

Great company. Pup loves the food and I love the folks I have worked with there.

Susan Tucson, AZ

Great staff! Our dog Loves this food, did the monthly auto ship so we won't run out.

Loren

The food is very easy to prepare and the people are very nice.

Kelley

I got it as part of a training kit and my dog loves the food.

Robert

I purchase dog food from Pupford because it is convenient and the food is good.

Cal Smith

Dogs (3) love food and treats. Shipping is slow and expensive.

Liz Eagle Mountain, UT

Their food is amazing! And their company has great customer service.

Pam Lakeland, FL

We tried one bag. The pup liked it fine but I found it to be messy and I did not care for the smell. Sorry!

Kellie B Las Vegas, NV

I couldn''t ever get my puppy to eat it! I was so sad. I love the idea of fresh food.

Kathy Corwith, IA

Our dog loves the liver treats for. pupford. Delivery was fast.

Sstan Burleson, TX

The pupford product arrived in a timely manner and my dog loves them

Larson Riverton, UT

Pupford is a great type of dog food. It has very good nutrients for the dogs. I would recommend buying Pupford dog food to my friends and family.

Holly Des Plaines, IL

Excellent resources, great advice and treats!

Stephanie Jashinsky Saratoga Springs, UT

My dog absolutely loves the beef liver treats!

Kristina H. Melbourne, FL

We are very happy because both dogs *love* the treats!

Nicholas Lake Villa, IL

My dogs eat this food all the time and I'm pretty sure that they like it. I like it because it's affordable.

Steven Stratton San Antonio, TX

Dogs wouldn't eat the food; I've cancelled twice and continue to get monthly fee

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

Pupford is a great dog food. It is the only one my dog actually will eat. No complaints here.

Brooke Herbon Kaysville, UT

Great dog food, my dog seems to have more energy as well as actually enjoys her food.

maureen fayle Orchard Park, NY

was not happy with the customer service or the product.

Deborah Everhart Cowpens, SC

My babies want eat it. Still have half a bag.