NomNomNow Logo

NomNomNow

9.9

LAST UPDATED: July 31st, 2020

NomNomNow knows that dog owners want the best for their furry companion. That’s why the company only delivers human-grade dog food meals made from the freshest restaurant-quality ingredients that are never frozen. It operates kitchen facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area and Nashville, Tennessee.

Veterinary nutritionist, Dr. Justin Shmalberg, formulated NomNomNow's dog food recipes. After trying conventional medicine to help his dog Liberty with her intractable seizures, and having no luck, Dr. Shmalberg sought another solution. In his search, he came across integrative veterinary medicine — conventional medicine and complementary and alternative therapies — which included supplements and a natural diet for Liberty.

NomNomNow’s mission is to help pet owners find the best integrative health solutions for their pets. The company’s core philosophy is that the best medicine for pets is preventative medicine — and that starts with feeding your pet healthy food.

Keep reading for pros and cons of buying from this fresh dog food delivery service, plus hundreds of NomNomNow reviews from real pet parents.

The Good

• Delivered Right to Your Door
  • Fresh, Healthy Dog Food
  • NomNom Nutrient Mix
  • Dog Treats
  • Pet Food Consultation
  • INSIGHTS - Microbiome Test Kit
  • Probiotics for Dogs

Delivered Right to Your Door

NomNomNow’s fresh meals are delivered just a few days after being prepared and are delivered straight to your home — eliminating the drive to the pet store. To help the perishable meal packages last longer, dog owners can place the extra meals in their fridge or freezer.

Your homemade dog food subscription can be delivered either weekly or every two weeks:

Weekly Recurring Order Delivery:

• 28 meals per delivery
  • Free shipping
  • Subscription price will be charged every week.

2 Weeks: Most Popular

• 56 meals per delivery
  • One delivery every two weeks
  • Free shipping
  • Subscription price will be charged every two weeks.

Fresh, Healthy Dog Food

Many owners are eager to improve their dog’s diet but are unsure where to begin — and definitely don't have time to make home-cooked meals.

NomNomNow aims to help pet owners by delivering fresh cooked, personalized, pre-portioned meals for their pet. This isn't just a dry kibble delivery service or even canned food delivery. NomNomNow only makes premium dog food. Its balanced and complete meals are made from fresh ingredients and contain the essential nutrients your dog's body needs.

Customers will need to set up a profile for each pet (with information like age, weight, activity level, and health issues). Then, NomNomNow can create a perfectly portioned meal plan, based on Dr. Shmalberg’s recommendations for balanced nutrition. Meals are specially formulated based on your dog's profile, so no matter your dog's breed — whether you have a little puppy, large breed puppy, or even a senior dog — your meals will have the right combination of fresh fruits, protein, vegetables, vitamins, and nutrients that are best for your dog's health.

There are four different flavors of food for dogs. Each of these fresh meals includes different protein sources, as well as various fruits and vegetables:

• Heartland Beef Mash* - beef, carrots, eggs, peas, potatoes
  • Tasty Turkey Fare* - turkey, brown rice, carrots, eggs, spinach
  • Chicken Chow-Wow - chicken, spinach, sweet potato, yellow squash
  • Porkalicious Potluck - pork, green beans, kale, mushrooms, potatoes, yellow squash

Each of the recipes also includes the NomNomNutrient Mix and fish oil for healthy fatty acids. They also exceed the AAFCO dog food standards and are made from whole food ingredients for a well-balanced diet.

*Grain-free dog food meals for pets with food allergies

NomNomNutrient Mix

One thing that helps NomNomNow stand out from other homemade dog food delivery companies is its specially formulated nutrient mix. This mix of naturally derived vitamins and minerals is blended into each meal to create a more balanced diet for your furry friend. The NomNomNutrient Mix for dogs includes the following:

• Vitamin D
  • Manganese
  • Taurine
  • Choline

Dog Treats

In addition to feeding your dog fresh, healthy meals, NomNom also sells treats for your pup:

• Chicken Jerky Treats: 2oz for $12, 4oz for $20
  • Beef Jerky Treats: 2oz for $12, 4oz for $20

These pet food products are available for one-time orders and shipping is free for orders over $30.

Pet Food Consultation

Owners can contact NomNomNow for a free nutrition consultation to ensure their dogs are getting the nutrients they need from this meal delivery service.

INSIGHTS - Microbiome Test Kit

In addition to its fresh dog food subscription service, NomNomNow offers insights into your pup's health and well-being. It recently launched a dog-specific microbiome test kit that can help dog owners learn more about their pets’ digestive and overall health.

Dogs with digestive problems (diarrhea, gas, constipation, IBD) or skin issues (food sensitivities or itchy skin) may be missing healthy gut bacteria.

NomNomNow: INSIGHTS is an at-home testing kit that gives owners an in-depth look at the composition of their dog’s gut bacteria. Pet owners will need to collect a sample from their dog and send it to the company. A NomNomNow scientist will analyze the levels of good and bad bacteria in the stomach and send the pet owner the results.

NomNomNow: INSIGHTS is available for $59.

Probiotics for Dogs

Alongside INSIGHTS, the company also formulated a full spectrum probiotic for dogs. The probiotic is designed to help maintain and boost your dog’s digestive health and wellness. Created with prebiotic fiber for additional bacteria development, 20 billion CFUs and seven full spectrum probiotic strains, the probiotic blend is appropriate for all dog breeds.

Each bottle contains a 30-day supply and comes with free shipping.

NomNomNow’s Full Spectrum Probiotic for Dogs is $45 per bottle.

In addition to the full-spectrum option, the company also offers a different blend of GI Targeted probiotics at the same price point.

The Bad

• Only Delivers to the Continental United States
  • No Returns on Perishable or Opened Items

Only Delivers to the Continental United States

Like several other meal delivery services with an emphasis on fresh food and timely delivery, NomNomNow does not deliver to Hawaii or Alaska. This is likely due to the distance, and the ability to keep meal packs fresh during the extended delivery time. These homemade meals do not contain artificial preservatives. For that reason, this and most other delivery services don't yet ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

No Returns on Perishable or Opened Items

NomNomNow does not allow any returns on items that are perishable or opened. So, that rules out any returns on its fresh food deliveries. However, treats and supplements can be returned if unopened.

If a customer wishes to return a non-perishable item, it must be returned within two weeks and include all the original packaging. Customers are also responsible for the cost of return shipping and a $5 restocking fee (per item) which will be deducted from the refund.

The Bottom Line

NomNomNow is not just a dog food delivery service; the company is a delivery service that focuses on your dog’s health by offering freshly prepared, restaurant-quality ingredients portioned to meet your pet’s unique needs. It also offers to test for insights into what your dog should be eating, as well as probiotics to help improve Fido’s digestion.

Dog owners can sign up for a subscription and have their pets’ food delivered every week or every two weeks, or they can buy the variety pack (no subscription necessary) — which is helpful for pet parents who want their picky eater to try each of the four recipes. The service even offers a sample of its Flavor Flakes supplement in every first order to help picky eaters transition to their new diet.

While the return policy seems a little inflexible — customers are responsible for the return shipping and a $5 restocking fee — it’s not without reason. All of NomNomNow’s meals are made fresh and sealed in individual packages to preserve freshness; opening a meal pack can compromise the meal. Perishable meals are non-returnable.

Pet owners looking for a natural pet food delivery service should look into NomNomNow.

Have you ordered premium quality dog food from this company? Let us know about your experience (and your dog’s experience) with a quick review below.

Anne & Mozart Las Vegas, NV

NomNomNow is my "home kitchen away from home" for my beloved fur baby. When I decided to switch dog food from kibble/canned to fresh human-grade, NomNomNow met my needs. Aside from providing excellent food that my dog loves, NomNomNow has a user-friendly website and reliable customer service, which makes it easy to make account changes, ask questions, or seek help with my purchases. There had been changes with food packaging, delivery frequencies, and price within the last year, which I don't fully agree with. However, NomNomNow had been very transparent and communicative to their customers regarding these changes, which allowed me to make timely and informed decisions, and that is why they earned my trust and loyalty.

Jessica Oakland, CA

My dog and I love NomNomNow! He has been Nomming since February 2018 and is still going strong. He rotates between two different recipes and does his happy dance and spin move each time I take his meal out of the fridge. Having his meals pre-portioned makes it '''so '''easy for me and my family to feed him. I've had to change his portions a few times for various reasons and it was really simple and easy to make those changes. It took some time to understand my account and deadline, but once I got the hang of it, going out of town and updating my pup's profile was really simple. My dog is my world, and I'm so glad to have found a company that puts his '''health and his needs''' first.

Michelle Raymond

I was searching online for a healthy alternative dog food. Not only was my dog getting up there in the years but was prone to Colitis and has a sensitive stomach. My puppy Jax had just turned 14 in August of 2018 and he was starting to show signs of slowing down. I'm such a skeptical person when it comes to ordering online, but I had to do something because Jax was really deteriorating in the last year, constantly sleeping. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to having found this amazing company, NomNomNow. I'm so glad I took a chance and ordered from this company. I'll never use another company again for my dogs food needs. So here's the deal... You begin by signing up and filing out a simple questionnaire and then pops up the recommendations for your pet. Anything can be adjusted online or by calling customer service, per your request, one week prior to delivery. I truly love their customer service team! They are the sweetest genuine people you'll ever hear on the other end. They do not let you off the phone unless you're satisfied! NomNomNow makes their food fresh immediately before your delivery date. The food arrives on time, frozen, like clock work every month. I can't say enough great things about NomNomNow. They've given my baby, Jax back his younger spunky self. He's even lost 2 pounds with little effort. This is sorely due to NomNomNow knowing what serving size is right his weight. I've been using NomNomNow since October 2018 and haven't looked back. Thank you NomNomNow for giving us our Jax back!! <3

Rachel

NomNomNow is a fantastic company keeping my little one well fed. From day one, I have only had good experiences dealing with their customer service. Each person I've spoken to is clearly an actual human who comes across as very dedicated to the "cause." My little guy cannot get enough of each meal, calling for it sometimes hours before it's time and licking his bowl clean every time. I love that I don't have to think about it at all. It's sized to him and his needs. It comes to my door in pretty eco friendly packaging (They really are doing their best eco-wise). What more could I say besides I can't recommend them highly enough?

Amanda Hayes

NomNomNow is one of the best foods I ever fed my dog. The portion size is a little hard to figure out at first. I suggest putting a brief description under each activity level so people can understand a little better. Also, my pup is allergic to pork. We (my pup and I) wish their was an option for 3 meals to be delivered not just 2. Lastly I wish I could switch all my pups over to NomNomNow but with the prices a little high and no option for a bundle pack of more than one dog sadly I can not put all of them on this wonderful food! Another fact is that your customer service team is wonderful! You have the best team to talk to, they are always nice, get back to me, and never ever have I had a bad phone call with them! So to review...Bundle pricing for families of more than one pup,an option of 3 meals, and your customer service is all stars!

Nancy West McKees Rocks, PA

We love it!''. I decided on this diet when my Yorkie was diagnosed with diabetes. I was feeding him prescription science diet as per vet. It was expensive and he liked it all right but there was no variety. He was hungry all the time at first with the diabetes and gained a lot of weight. I saw an ad for Nom Nom and did some research, talked with my vet and Nom Nom to make sure my dog would be ok on it. We've been on it about six months now. I split one packet between my two yorkies on top of science diet kibble twice a day and they both love it! I love the ease of feeding out of the packets, no measuring and it comes delivered frozen right to my door every month! Also Bruzer has gone from being overweight at 18# to a perfect 13#. My dogs are part of our family. They are our babies and I feel really good feeding them NomNom!

5 Brooklyn, NY

We tried it out and my dogs diarrhea completely went away and we decided to stick with it because it seems great for our dog. It appears very fresh. When I called them with a few questions early on, they were very responsive. Our dogs seem to be losing weight when we switched to this stock and then I called someone and they increased the portion size by ten percent and it helped and we are happy with that. I wish it were more affordable. If there were maybe like coupons or some sort of discount if you're doing it for a year or more, that would be nice. Some sort of loyalty program to help customers keep doing it for a long time.

Katharine Alexandria, VA

My dog didn't like the regular food that I bought at the pet store, so we were adding human food to it all the time, which was a good for her. When I saw an ad for nom nom that showed what it was made out of, I thought it was worth trying. I got the sample pack and my dog loves all the food. The company has been very responsive. I haven't had nay issues and the food comes properly packaged in correct qualntitites. It's more expensive than it needs to be but it's still not outrageous. I've recommended them to several of my friends and they have started using it. I think Nom Nom could mix up the flavors every now and then and have samples of different flavors to try out.

Mary

The ingredients are super clear. It's convenient and they keep the prices pretty doable. You can get fresh good food for them and it really doesn't cost much more than kibble. I think it's really great but when I first started getting it like a year ago, it seems like it's slightly changed since then. So I don't know if just to save money the quality has gone down a little bit. When I first started getting it, it was really easy to see the whole food in there, but the meats don't seem to be the best quality but I think it's still highly rated. Anytime that I've had to email NomNomNow or call them to change the order or for questions, I actually get a human being and not just an automated response. They've gotten back to me every single time the very next day and that's not something you expect with really any companies unfortunately. One thing that I like about the recipes is that they don't seem to be like this cheapy dog food where it follows trends of human diet like the whole gluten free thing. Overall, their recipes are simple and for the regular person that doesn't know much about nutrition, it seems pretty straight forward and a good choice to feed your dog.

Kimberlee Fargo, ND

I had just lost a dog and the dog that was left was depressed and she wasn't eating anything. One of my friends recommended NomNomNow as something that would help her eat again, so I ordered it and she's been eating it ever since. I like that it's all real food. I can tell what's in it just by looking at it. I like that it's fresh and comes once a month. I love that it has pretty good portions for both of my dogs so I've been able to use that as weight monitoring. When she needed to lose weight and when she needed to gain weight. The customer service is always extremely responsive, even when I call in off hours. Typically someone answers and if they don't, I get a response as quickly as they can the next day. There have been errors in orders which does not happen very often and they made them right immediately.

Angela

You can see the ingredients that are actually in the dog food. I have a small dog that has weight issues so I wanted to see the raw diet. Every time I've had questions about my order, I get them a call and they get right back to me and they fit it. They give me extra product to get him through or they fix it however they have to. I suggest that anybody that can afford to feed their dog a raw diet, should give their dog NomNomNow. Their dog will be healthier and happier. Bruce's coat is great, he's taken off 8 pounds and he's been on it for 8 months. The customer service is high end. The product is high end.

Breha

I have been feeding my dog, Yorick, Nom Nom Now for about a year and I remain incredibly happy with the quality of the food, and the amazing customer service. My dog still does a little happy dance before each meal so I know he agrees with this review. He has maintained a very healthy weight, soft fur, and good bathroom results. I also love the jerky treats - convenient and Yorick looks forward to his nightly bedtime snack almost as excitedly as he does his meals. Well done, Nom Nom Now team!

Kady

We are very happy with NomNomNow. Our pup has been eating it since we adopted her a year ago. We like knowing everything that goes into her food plus the convenience of having it delivered. When my sister adopted a puppy recently, she started ordering it for him. She was pleased enough to now order it for her cats too! The only additional thing I would like to see from NNN is complete transparency about how they source their meat like the company Evermore does. I have asked a representative at NNN, but all she could tell me is that the meat is '''human grade''.

Alex

Nomnomnow has completely changed my dogs life. As a German Shepherd who has had chronic digestive issues her whole life (a common condition for the breed), Nomnomnow's fresh food basically cured her. Also, I would have to do all kind of tricks to get her to eat her meals before (adding butter, meat, cheese, etc.) to tempt her because she would just not be interested. With nomnomnow, she can not WAIT to eat it. It's been a total game changer and made both our lives so much easier and better!

Jill

Healthy fresh food that dogs love. It is such a pleasure to feed my dogs real honest food rather than dry pellets! This company has the best customer service that I have ever encountered. They guided me step by step through the transition from standard dog food to eating fresh food. Great, friendly advice every step of the way. When the delivery company failed to deliver the food as scheduled, they caught the problem and air shipped a fresh delivery to us. My dogs are so healthy and happy eating real food. If you love your fur babies, this is the way to go!

Liza

I have been using this company to order dog food for my dog for the last five months and I have only positive things to say about the company. My delivery is always on time and customer service has been great whenever I have had questions. The product itself is wonderful! My dog seems to be a lot happier, she has a lot more energy, she has lost weight And the vet says she is in great shape! I recommend this company to all of my friends who have dogs

Chelsea John

Great company! My dog never cared about food before and was slightly underweight before I found this food. Now he goes crazy for it! He's put on the correct amount of weight and his coat is much softer. Customer service has been absolutely wonderful any time I have had any questions and I can tell that they actually care and want to help. So glad I found NomNomNow!

Kaela Kinnare

Hands down the best food company I've tried. They worked closely with me to plan my dogs' meals according to their weight, activity, and breed. They're customer service is also excellent. I had my questions answered within the day which I greatly appreciated. My dogs go ecstatic for the food. It is super fresh, looks appetizing, and is full of nutrients that my pups need.

Sandy A.

My dog Ellie LOVES this food! I love the fact that it's human grade food. In my opinion, if it's not fit for human consumption then you shouldn't give it to our pets! Another thing I really appreciate is the way it's packed to stay frozen. One particular time I wasn't able to get the food to my freezer til the next morning, and it was still frozen!

Nat Bee

NomNomNow is fantastic! Quality of the food is phenomenal and it's only a little bit more than we were spending on dry & wet food. Our pups love it and have had no GI issues since we switched about 8 months ago. Their customer care is also amazing, so accommodating and helpful! It's automatically billed and we do the once/mo delivery, which is the most cost effective (you just freeze the extra and thaw as needed).

S. Weathers

NomNomNow is a great service for pet owners who are concerned about their pets diet. My dog is healthy, fit, and NomNomNow is a big part of why he is. The product is fresh, and my dog loves it and I like knowing exactly what my dog is eating. Customer Service has always been helpful when I needed them and they were quick to respond. As of this review, I love this service and recommend them to everyone I know who has a pet.

Amar

I choose nomnomnow over other brands because of my veterinary nutritionist and other online reviews. The food seems nice and is individually packaged per meal, though there have been entire shipments where the package and peel ae open so maybe they should do a little more quality control. I also feel like they should be a little more forgiving with their postponement policy but otherwise they are pretty good.

Barbara

A wonderful company and they care about what your dogs are eating. The are great to deal with. I deal with the same person all the time and they don't try to push anything on you. When they lost a shipment, it was replaced right away. The food is very good quality. The packages are easy to open and they have a variety of vegetables in there. I purchase it because I could eat it if I needed to because it is fresh and has good nutrition. I like the fact it is made in the USA. I highly recommend it.

Heather Murfreesboro, TN

I'm extremely grateful for the product that they put out there for us to buy. She is healthier, she had a lot of health issues and her blood work is now spectacular and she plays like a puppy again. She used to barely eat her food and the first time I put this down, she went nuts over it. you can see the actual ingredients, so you know exactly what you're getting and what is going into your dog's digestive system. They really make you feel like family and that they truly care for your pets and your experience.

Mona San Jose, CA

They seem to be very trustworthy and I have already recommended it to several people. It seems like it is healthy for the dogs and I like what I have read about it. The company's support is great, they're always trying to accommodate and they're very professional, polite, and respectful. I am very pleased with the dog food and the staff. My suggestion would be make it easier to for delivery so we don't have to wait a week.

Brianna New Richmond, WI

They've always been really great. We specifically like nom nom now because it is human grade ingredients. It is healthy for them and we have seen improvements in them since we have feeding it to them. It is quality, it always comes at the proper temperature and it always looks good enough that in a pinch you could eat it and not be afraid of the ingredients. They always ship immediately and they have always worked with us well and they have made improvements to the packaging so we're happy.

Charlotte Valparaiso, IN

My dog doesn't really like other food. We have had several health issues with our dog and they helped us determine what food is best for him and what quantity. They gave us all the information about every last ingredient and they respond quickly. I have noticed a difference in my dog, he had more energy and his skin issues have cleared up and he has starting eating his food.

Janet Sacramento, CA

I would like if they recycled the boxes and covering they shipped because I really hate having the box every two weeks. Other than that, I think they are an amazing company and hope they stay in business forever. My dog loves it. They are amazing, when I first started they sent me two weeks of free food so that in case something were to happen to the delivery of the food I would have two weeks free. They have really good customer service. They are really friendly and answer all my questions. When I needed more food, they were able to change it.

Craig Vernal, UT

Tried another brand after doing a lot of research online. Then the Nom Nom seemed to care better. When I compared their dog food to what I had before, it's fresher. I'm not certain that you know my dog can tell, but I just think it's better. It's a little bit more money but I think the quality is better and that's what I was looking for for my pet. I like the fact that it's made with fresh ingredients. I'm on the multi meal plans of 2 weeks of chicken, 2 weeks beef, 2 weeks turkey, so we have variety and it they shipped two weeks at a time. I have enough of a gap where I can mix it all up being able to provide different kinds of food for my dogs is does. That beat the same thing day in and day out because I know I do not like the same thing day in and day out.

Patti New York, NY

I think that whoever is considering giving their dog fresh food, this is the place to go without a doubt. My dog just loves it and it's the highest quality food I've ever seen. I'm very impressed by the way it's packaged. When you first start with them, they walk you through the process and any time I've had to change orders it's easy to reach out.They follow through if you have to send them an email. There's not been one time where I've called where I've needed something and then they have not been able to solve it immediately.

Jodi

My dogs love it and that's the important part and that it give the most nutrients. We had a hurricane here in Florida and it didn't get there in time and it was warm and they immediately sent me enough to get him through. I love NomNom and I would like them to maybe consider fish as appropriate because there's a lot of French bulldogs which are allergic to most proteins other than fish.

Amy Enid, OK

The quality is amazing. It's all fresh food. You open it and it looks good enough for a human to eat so it's excellent. Any time I've had an issue, they responded immediately and then you're sent out what you need and they usually add extra stuff to the next box. Just above and beyond customer service. It's an excellent product. You can tell the difference in their health. Their teeth are cleaner. Their fur is softer and shinier. They're just healthier in general.

Lori Waterford, MI

I've just had problems with the packaging and just can't get them to listen to what the problems were with the packaging. It continues to the point where I'm going to slowly wean our dogs off NomNomNow with a different company. I have three dogs, each with a different health problem and issues. One needs to lose weight, one needs to gain weight, one has a heart condition. They claim that they build the dog food per dog and it comes in separate bags. It's not labeled so you have no clue which one belongs to which dog and as far as we can see, there's nothing different about anything they claim that you pay more for for the service.

Jennifer Fort Worth, TX

I like the way it's packaged and delivered. It's fresh and human grade food. You know the nutrients in it. When I first signed up, somebody called me and talked to me about my dog and stuff. I thought that it was great but then I had issues with the consistency of the food and the portions missing and things like that. I tried to get in touch with someone and wasn't able to so that was kind of an issue. They need to be careful and consistent in the way they are portioning it out because they make small batches. At one point she was getting packages that had sixty on it and then they gave me fifty for a week and then it just changed.

Edward Deltona, FL

It's great. My dogs freak out eating it. They both love it. I made this one phone call about switching the brands and adding another dog. It was super easy and super nice. Online, it describes what your dog should get. It's a certain tailor-maid size for your dog, but when I added my other dog, it basically looked like the same thing, same size packaging.

Karen Ashland, OR

Our dog ends up pooping out the carrots and the peas so I end up grinding that up. I exchanged some emails with them and that wasn't really resolved in my mind. The packaging is very hard for us to separate the two parts from the plastic packaging and sometimes it runs through the machine wrong so it's almost impossible because it's still sealed on the outside edge that you can't really get a good grip on anything.

Jessica Oakland, CA

I stick with it because my dog loves the food. It's convenient how they send it to me once a month. It's already pre packaged in size. It's very convenient for me and my dog absolutely loves it. My dog gets bored with other first that I've tried before and he's never gotten bored with this. He's been using it for well over a year now and it switches out the flavors and stuff every month. The customer service is very responsive. They answer the phones and talk to you in a follow up. They're very friendly.

They take great care to make sure it's preserved, it's refrigerated on its way. It also has really good nutritional value. They really respond very quickly and then follow up. I've had nothing but really positive customer relations with them. I have confidence in them. I know that they care about my dog. They're really going out of their way to make sure that she's got the right quantity and the right flavors. My dog was very fussy and would eat so it was really kind of discouraging. I had another brand of prepackaged cooktop that didn't appeal to her and now she eats it all.

Mary

I really like it. It looks good enough to eat. Just put it over rice and we just can have it for dinner. Sometimes it seems like it's a little hard to get someone to talk to answer questions. When you do get someone, they're always extremely helpful. My dog developed pancreatitis so I wanted to get her something that was healthy and low salt and didn't have all those ingredients in it that were making her sick and it's been great for her.

Addie

It's freshly made and my dog absolutely hates kibble. I like that it comes shipped and we don't have to think about it. We could see the vegetables in there and that it's really chicken. The customer service has been absolutely amazing. I love that we have our own personal account person to call up and it was my dogs birthday this month and they sent a little birthday gift in there. I've just been amazed. If I've had a question about the account, they've gone ahead and fixed it without an issue.

Kevin

My dogs love it. I put the meal down and it's gone within 2 minutes. The first order that I placed, they were supposed to send me promotional bags of chicken jerky or something like that and it didn't come so the next order they sent it too. My dogs were really overweight and I was trying to find some food that didn't have a whole lot of additives or anything like that and one of my dogs lost twenty pounds in six months using NomNomNow.

Jennifer

I like that it's delivered promptly. I never run out. I don't have to go to the store to get it, it comes right to my house and I know that my dogs are getting something nutritious and good. They're very responsive anytime I've ever contacted them for any type of information they needed. They've been available and able to provide answers to my questions. I've been very pleased with NomNomNow's services. The food is geared specifically towards your pet and their weight and breed. They have a qualified nutritionist that weighs in on the specifics of your bet.

Samantha Leach Santa Clara, CA

I really like nom nom now. It has helped me to manage my dogs weight. I have also noticed their coats are softer. My one dog's skin allergies have cleared up as well. I really recommend them. They have great customer service too!

N/A

Good product originally (and the dog still seems to enjoy it most of the time) which is why despite my complaints I'm still a customer. BUT - quality has deteriorated as I feel the company tries to scale rapidly at the expense of quality control and customer service. Have had more issues in 2019 with quality and deliveries than I did in the past. For example: 1) they switched from regular ice packs to dry ice to help the environment and reduce costs, but they don't put enough dry ice in the package so whereas before the food would arrive frozen/cold, now it often arrives at room temperature and while part of the box seems somewhat cool, the other half is often warm and sometimes (not often, but sometimes) pouches have air in them indicating, or at least giving the impression of spoilage. 2) The size of the portions is not consistent anymore - some are def small/big i.e. the variability in portion size is greater than in the past. 3) on occasion my dog has had loose stool after starting a new batch - which leads me to believe quality control has gotten worse and bad batches are being shipped with increasing frequency - this may be related to the temperature at which packages are shipped. 4) On-time deliveries have taken a hit (especially in early 2019) - they have been delivered late more often, and tracking packages and dealing with customer service's slower response have gotten materially more frustrating this year as well. 5) The company changes delivery days and cadences without sufficient advance notice (e.g., switched from friday delivery to thursday, switched from weekly to bi-weekly) - again, trying to cut costs is totally understandable from a business standpoint, and marketing these changes as more eco-friendly is also fair and encouraged, but it cannot come at the expense of quality/service. Even simply better communication would have helped me as a customer organize myself better. I still like the product but feel the company is pursuing the Silicon Valley model where fast growth / adding subscribers is more important than the basics - which should be to create healthy and safe pet food that is delivered on time, and supported by trained and responsive staff. Hopefully management sees these are opportunities for improvement rather than complaints to be ignored / dismissed. I look forward to being able to write a glowing review this time next year when these issues have been ironed out.

Kirsten

My dog loves the food. I really like the fact that my dog is eating healthy food. I really have no complaints regarding anything other than the packaging. Since they have changed it, it's more of a hassle to open the packages. Now, I have to give my dog 2 small packages of food instead of the one big package because I have a bigger dog. The packages are hard to open and take up a lot of room in my refrigerator. one

Michelle T.

My dog loves NomNomNow! I trust NomNomNow to deliver high quality nutritious dog food. The delivery program is incredibly reliable and convenient. It's been a game-change for my dog's health and energy. The team is responsive and friendly, I'm very happy with the product and the service!

Susan

I have been using NomNomNow for both my 9 year old labradoodle and my 3 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback for at least 2 years. My labradoodle has always had food issues, but since switching he eats every day without any GI issues.

TracyKC

We love NomNomNow! Our pup enjoys each and every healthy meal. She is excited for both breakfast and dinner for over a year now. She''s healthy, sheds less and is happy. Plus we get a month at a time and it comes promptly on the day we expect. Customer service is timely and attentive. They are a great company. Happy customers here!

Anonymous Oakland, CA

I've been happy with the service. The delivery has always been accurate and on time. A very unexpected result of feeding my dog this food is that he now eats and begs for vegetables. He never even liked them before and now he adores them. This company has also made it easy to keep his weight healthy.

Nicole Antonis

I think the fact that the food changes weekly and comes weekly is great. However, I'm not excited to have a delivery only once a month. Now I'll need to remember to defrost food a couple of days in advance and I don't know why my cost won't be cheaper, as prior to this new change, the less deliveries you had, the cheaper it was...plus, now I'm unsure if I'm just getting one food the entire month? My dog is picky and needs it switched weekly so depending on how this works, we may cancel service. My reviews for recommendations would be higher if this all wasn't changing.