IAMS Logo

7.0

Founded in 1946, IAMS is a well-known pet food brand based in Mason, Ohio. The brand offers 20+ products for dogs, including wet and dry food options.

Online, shoppers can sort through different options, like type of food, age of dog, size of dog, special needs like weight management, digestion issues, grain-free foods, and high-protein recipes. The IAMS product line includes specific formulas for several popular breeds:

• Bulldog
  • Chihuahua
  • Dachshund
  • German shepherd
  • Labrador retriever
  • Yorkshire terrier

IAMS dog food can be purchased at retailers across the country, as well as with popular online retailers like Amazon, Chewy, and Walmart.

Want more info? Read on for IAMS dog food reviews from customers like you.

Chewy Logo
#2 Chewy chevron_right
4.8
Purina Pet Foods Logo
#3 Purina Pet Foods chevron_right

Tara Bindrup Smithfield, UT

Iams is a quality dog food for a reasonable price. I have feed my pets exclusively Iams pet food for many years with no problems. I like how it is readily available in big box stores in many sizes and diet options such as puppy, adult, senior and weight control.

Anita Long Beach, MS

I have used Iams for 20 years. This company has maintained a high quality product at an affordable price. I switched over from another natural brand that cost almost double. I've had happy, healthy dogs who live (and lived) long lives.

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

We have a wonderful Chocolate Lab named Jessie. She is a beauty with a lot of heart and spunk. She is a very active dog, running outside and playing with the kids. We are a big family and want the best for our pets. IAMS is the only dog food we buy for her. Her coat is soft, silky and sleek. Because she is active, she is fit, and IAMS gives her plenty of energy to keep up with us. Our vet is pleased with her health. Thanks IAMS. We are Loyal Customers! Jessie, and the Steele clan.

lscho2 Salt Lake City, UT

Our family has always used Iams and our dogs have seemed to like it! It also doesn’t smell bad like other dog food. The smell is not strong.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I get the big bags of IAMS when they are 10.00 off at Costco. When they do this its a crazy good deal. I would not say it's the best food on the market but it's good for the price.

Brianna bourgeois Long Beach, MS

I have a pure bred husky and a jack Russell and Iams has food for all types of breeds. We have never had a problem with it, my dogs love their food, and the amount of plaque on their teeth has reduced since we switched.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

IAMS is a favorite dog food with higher nutritional value and health of pets in mind. While many brands are adequate, IAMS is a step above providing better taste and and healthier ingredients for healthier pets. Low price too so you can't lose.

Angelina Hamilton New Orleans, LA

With my two dogs, my younger black lab has a very sensitive stomach and IAMS works great for her! My other dog was an older basset hound and the size of the food made it easier to chew. I am very pleased with the dog food and will always buy IAMS.

Angela Wellsville, UT

We purchased Iams for our black lab when she was a puppy. It was obviously a higher quality food, but the cost is a major turn off. She did have some stomach upset on occasion also. We have since gone to a more economic choice and she is a very content and happy dog and I have a few more dollars in my pocket. It’s always easy to find though and available just about everywhere.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

IAMS is the only food I will give my dog. I love knowing that he is getting the nutrition that he needs to remain healthy.

Katie Valdosta, GA

All five of our fur babies eat IAMS. Our cats have benefitted from both the urinary tract infection and indoor cat formulas. Our dogs eat the green bag. Miley, Millie, Arlo, Jasper, and Paisley give IAMS four paws up!

Connor Farmington, UT

Not only is IAMS sold everywhere, but it is so affordable! They have different products for different types of dog build and age, and my dog loves this stuff. Both their food and treats are a hit.

Gail Clarks Summit, PA

We have used this dog food and puppy food for 3 years. GREAT! Puppy has no problem with it and we transitioned our 2 year old golden doodle when she turned a year old to the adult food.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

IAMS is my dog food of choice. They have a great selection and also can be specific to my small dog. They use the best of ingredients with the safety control that I trust and my dog loves eating it.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

IAMS is an okay company. I have tried a lot of different foods for my dog because he is picky. He liked IAMS okay, but I ended up switching to something more natural.

leilani's life West Jordan, UT

Our dog throws up everything we give her till we found this brand they are great on her tummy and she loves them

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

I use IAMS cat food. My cat likes it and they seen to use quality ingredients. Costco carries it so it makes it for a good price

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I own 4 dogs and have had to search thru different foods to find something affordable that my dogs would actually eat. My dogs had a pretty positive response to IAMS, however it was pretty pricey when compared to some of the other options out there. For the price alone I decided on going with a different brand.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

IAMS is the best dog food. I love the nutritional blend that keeps my pet healthy and active. The food is well liked by my dog and it is affordably priced.

Juliann Mecham Managua, MN

IAMS has a really high Quality product for their dog food. They really want to take care of their pets and created a formula to do so. I would highly recommend IAMS for your pet. It helped my dog greatly.

Erika Shumway Managua, MN

IAMS is a great dog food brand. It is healthy and provides with lots of good nutrients. I highly recommend IAMS. I use it for the dog I take care of, and he loves it.

Larson Riverton, UT

IAMS is a great type of dog food. It is full of good nutrients for dogs. You can buy it for a great price, and is guaranteed that your dog will like it.

Annabella San Jose, CA

Good, classic, never failing dog food. All 4 of our dogs have eaten IAMS and never got sick or upset stomachs from it, even our pups with sensitive stomachs.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used IAMS many times for dog food and they have the correct size for my dog and it keeps my dog healthy and my dog loves it. It has everything I need for my dog.

Destiny Martinez Wichita, KS

I have given my dog this dog food for the last year when she developed allergies. After giving her this food she is not longer sneezing or having any allergies.

Ron Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

Fed my dog Iams for 15 years prior to her passing this past year. My dog always had healthy skin and remained healthy all the way up until her death. I would highly recommend Iams to pet owners.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

We used IAMS dog food for years. Was a nice fit for our German Shorthair. We liked that they had different pellet sizes since as our dog aged she needed the smaller pellet size because it was easier to chew.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I buy IAMS for my pet and I like the price. I like the selection and that they have the right stuff for smaller pets like mine. I like the ingredients and trust the company.

Sandra Douglas Evanston, WY

Our dog love this brand of dog food. She is so spoiled that when I give her another brand, she refuses to eat it and pouts.

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

I’ve used this for my dog for awhile now. It comes in variety of flavors and options. I feel like it keeps my dog fat and healthy. I would recommend.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

We use IAMS dog food for out dog. They have a good variety and the food has helped his digestive system.

Melanie Rio Rancho, NM

Overall, IAMS is a decent dog food. Has only been recalled a couple of times. Puppies really liked the puppy food, adult dogs not so much.

Tony Riverton, UT

Purchased the "mature" Iams dog food and our dog seemed to like it ok. Comparable price-wise to everything else out there.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Our dog, Cinder, enjoys Iams Dog Food. She has a sensitive stomach and she has never had an issue with loose stools like some other brands give her.

Shawn American Fork, UT

We were thinking we were investing in a higher grade dog food. I noticed my dog has more gas than usual when on this food. She did seem to like the taste.

Anthony Sgambati Rocklin, CA

Our favorite and most trusted brand! Wouldn’t feed our pups anything else! Iam’s is the best by far!

Melissa Riviere Clarks Summit, PA

I have a French Bulldog with a very sensitive stomach. She does very well on the IAMS Proactive Health minichunks.

Madison Scott Pleasant Grove, UT

I love this product. I feel like I am giving my beloved furry friend a healthy product without spending more on her than my own children's food!

Bryndie Managua, MN

Super yummy food for dogs! The ingredients look great. There’s nothing in here that I’m worried about my dog eating.

Christina Shumway Managua, MN

IAMS is really healthy and all pets love it. It is nutritious and I know I can trust them.

JamieD Los Angeles, CA

I really like Iams, especially their puppy line. Our little puppy loved everything we got

Debbie Fish Biloxi, MS

Been feeding Iams for years. Seems to be a pretty good food, my pup eats it with no complaints!

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

After feeding this to my dog, he got sick and wouldn't eat. Once I looked at the ingredients and say all of the preservatives, I switched from Iams. Now he eats Taste of the Wild and he LOVES it.

Kaitlin Ashcroft Mesa, AZ

My dog loves her IAMS food. As soon as I put the bowl down its gone. She is thriving and love her food!

Holly Brown Saint Amant, LA

My dogs didnt lose weight or look any different, but they weren’t looking forward to eating and didnt have much of an appetite

Danielle Powell Long Beach, MS

Great dog food. Helped control my dog's weight and was easier on her stomach

Amanda Montebello, CA

I mixed IAMs with another dog food for my oldest dog and she liked it for a month but stopped eating it after.

chris Francom Houston, TX

This was one of few brands that didn’t give my puppy stomach issues. He seems to enjoy it.

Jason Draper, UT

IAMS didn't work well for our dogs because it was too expensive and they didn't enjoy it very much.

Matthew Hall Moselle, MS

My dog had bad reactions to the food. Took a few food changes to get the diet under control.