Chewy Logo

Chewy

7.8

When choosing the perfect dog food for your pup, many pet owners find themselves overwhelmed. It can be challenging to know which brand, type of food, and nutrients your dog needs. Fortunately, Chewy carries a variety of premium dog food and dog treats. Whether your dog needs basic kibble, grain-free, or prescription dog food, Chewy is likely to have what you need.

Chewy's overall mission is to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet lovers and its partners — vets and service providers.

The Good

• Variety of Dog Food
  • Save with Autoship
  • Competitive Pricing
  • 24/7 Customer Service

Variety of Dog Food

Chewy's greatest strength is its vast selection of products. Merely searching for dog food will bring up over 3,800 results. If this number seems overwhelming, you can quickly narrow down the options by filtering your search. You can filter your search by type of food (dry, wet, raw, frozen, etc.), brand, required diet, life stage, breed size, food flavor, health feature, packaging type, texture, price, and customer ratings.

We applaud Chewy for offering such an extensive selection of dog food. This makes it super easy for dog owners to find exactly what they need. It doesn't matter if your precious pup needs a grain-free, high-protein, shredded chicken mix for their sensitive stomach; you're more likely to find it at Chewy than your local supermarket.

Save with Autoship

If you plan on ordering dog food regularly, then we recommend checking out Chewy's auto-ship program. The program is completely free, and on your first order, you'll save 30 percent (after that, you'll save 5 percent). You can choose the delivery frequency and easily change, cancel, or reschedule shipments at any time.

The auto-ship program is excellent for anyone with pets, but especially those with a busy lifestyle. No longer do you have to worry about remembering to buy dog food at the grocery store, worry about lifting/carrying the bag into your home, or scouring the newspaper looking for coupons.

Competitive Pricing

Not only does Chewy offer numerous sales and daily deals, but its regularly priced items are competitive. Many of our reviewers were happy with Chewy's prices, stating that they were extremely reasonable (especially for the quality of the products) and often cheaper than local pet stores and supermarkets. Plus, if you spend over $49, you'll get free shipping. However, if you don't plan on spending that much, all other orders ship for a flat rate of $4.95.

24/7 Customer Service

It's tough to find a company that parallels Chewy's customer service. The company is consistently praised for its knowledgeable and accommodating staff. Plus, Chewy is notorious for sending out handwritten notes with humorous pet puns, birthday cards, and some customers have even received a painting of their pet along with their order.

The Bad

Shipping Limitations

While most of what Chewy.com does is at a high-quality level, the company lacks a few things. There is no shipping available outside of the contiguous United States.

Chewy does not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, any other U.S. territories, Canada, or any other country.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we highly recommend Chewy for your dog food needs. The company's extensive product selection is perfect for even the pickiest of eaters. If you're unsure or feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices, simply call Chewy's customer service line. The company has been highly praised for its customer service. And a company representative will gladly help you find the perfect dog food for your pup. Of course, you should always speak to your veterinarian before to ensure your dog is getting the nutrients it needs. Currently, Chewy doesn't ship to anywhere else other than the contingent United States, and there is no mention of whether that will change.

4.8

Sarah Mercival Tallahassee, FL

Chewy is a great place to buy dog food for a reasonable price. I also love that they send your fur baby a box of goodies monthly. It’s always something my dog looks forward to

Marniwho ,

We use to use another service for our pet food delivery but then we found Chewy. The experience has been great! I can pause my monthly orders, or easily add in a special treat for my pups. I had to call CS when I messed up an order and they were great at figuring out what I had done and making it right.

Sandy Wight Lynnwood, WA

Chewy is top notch. We had just received a big bunch of dog food from Chewy and then our dog passed away. We called Chewy and they were so nice. They said donate the food to a shelter and we will give you a 100% refund. What a great company!

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Quick and easy access to great brand of dog food. Shipping minimums for free shipping are easy to hit and they always arrive in a timely manner so our dog isn't ever without food.

Natalie Min Potomac, MD

good dog food and makes shipping and reordering easy

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

As a new dog owner, I was kind of confused when it came to what products were best for my dog until I came across this website. It is so great and easy to find the things I need and also set up where the product ships every few months for things such as dog food. It really helped me!

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Love my autodelivdry option for my dog food. It arrives on time, and I can change or cancel as needed.

KKin Preston, ID

We've ordered our special dog food through Chewy and have been very happy with the results. The dog food has been delivered quickly and safely

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I think the toys at Chewy are super cute. They are durable. The food is also good. The problem comes in at the price tag. I am a college student with a dog, and ordering the food from amazon is just way cheaper.

Dominique Denver, CO

We order all of our dog food from Chewy. It is an easy to use site and delivers food right to our door in a timely fashion. This has been especially useful during COVID, allowing for one less trip to the store.

Natalie Brown Boulder, CO

Chewy is a great company and has some very good products. I have yet to buy anything from chewy and be disappointed. Their prices are also very nice and I find them being less than in-person pet stores. Their delivery is also on point and extremely fast! They also have a policy where if you buy over $50 worth of items the shipping is free and your things are delivered in 1-2 days! I have used chewy numerous times for dog food, and other needed animal supplies. I will keep using them even after this review!

James Stone Manchester, MD

Great place to find supplies for your pet. Quick and easy to order and delivery is easy.

Jwat1213 Mount Airy, MD

Great prices and fast shipping. They also have a great selection of dog food

Saranie Wahlen Eagle Mountain, UT

Chewy has high quality products and we usually get our packages within a day of ordering them. This is a great company to order from when you have pets.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Chewy's online shopping experience is wonderful and it has a large variety of products for all of your dog's needs. Chewy is also decently priced. They also many name-brand dog foods that are tailored for your dog's specific needs.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Super Great app, they offer amazing discounts! I order so many treats and goodies for my new pup with Chewy and I am super satisfied. They really helped me get this new pet parent thing down! Definitely recommend to all pet owners!

Jada Scott Norman, OK

I love chewy! If youre a pet parent and want to stock up on your pets favorite foods and treats while not doing broke? Chewy is just for you. They even send postcards and etc for your animals birthday. You cannot beat the prices.

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

Chewy is my absolute favorite. I love having access to so many products and brands. I feel like they care about my pet as much as I do. The prices are comparable to other retail stores and the convenience of online shopping and free delivery is amazing.

Sandy West Valley City, UT

I've actually used chewy's website to buy cool care for my clippers they're the only ones who've had them in stock. Shipping is always on time.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

I love using chewy! When I got my first pup I was able to order everything I needed for her! The app also offers great discounts to new members!

Makenna Romano Brea, CA

We have been buying food for my dog for a while now and he loves it. There pricing and shipping is great. I highly recommend chewy.

Lori Claassen Herriman, UT

I am so happy I found Chewy.com! It makes it soo convenient to do their auto shipment! You can set or change the auto shipment any time and it’s great! My cats always have food and litter right on time!

Rilynne Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

We use Chewy for both of my dogs. Their website is easy to use, and the food is always great quality. The shipments come on a schedule made by you, so you'll never be short on dog food.

Cdavid , MO

I was able to find a dog kennel that I was looking for at a reasonable price. I love their selection.

Joey shimko Folsom, LA

It is great I found dog food for cheap and they shiped it to my house so I did not have to go to the store to go get it.

Dayna Riverton, UT

Chewy is an amazing online pet supply company. Their shipping is super fast and their return policy is amazing.

Erin Glendening Gonzales, LA

Chewy is fairly priced, and prompt with their delivery. You can even set it to deliver on a schedule, it’s perfect for dogs with allergies. Food is always fresh.

Landon Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

The food is very good quality. It ships quickly, and is worth your money. Our dogs love the food, and we love the options of toys and clothing on their site.

Madison Scott Pleasant Grove, UT

Chewy is great. The prices are the same, comparable to Walmart. But you also can do automatic shipping and its free! So you really don't have to give it much thought. It's awesome.

Jada Guzman Tampa, FL

Great products! Super fast shipping and very laid out terms and conditions of products

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I like to use Chewy when I need a more obscure pet product. They have almost everything a dog could want.

Tagg Ogden, UT

Chewy makes it easy and convenient to get pet supplies shipped directly to my door.

Deborah integlia Bedford, NH

I so love this company! They have most everything you can imagine for your pet. Their service is tops and I so appreciate the free shipping.

Logan Hudson Norcross, GA

Chewy has always been quick with delivering my dogs food and I have not had any issues with my dogs having reactions to the foods. The prices are reasonable as well.

Kilee Wagner Eagle Mountain, UT

Chewy has the best customer service. We had a product that wasn't working and they shipped a new one to us with 1 day shipping!

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Chewy is my favorite pet site. It’s so easy to find what I need for my dog and not overpriced. I always spend enough for free shipping.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Chewy is seriously awesome! I love all of the different brands available for my cat and dog. The videos are the best when brands describe their food.

Brittney Veillon Gonzales, LA

Great delivery and even more amazing prices they also have great customer service.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

This is a great website, and the pricing is not bad! Especially with prescriptions.

Linda Hays Layton, UT

The dog food I ordered came quickly and was a fair price. It was great getting it delivered to my door.

Tyler Wagner Eagle Mountain, UT

You can not beat Chewys customer service and their prices. They ship on time and have a great selection.

Jesse Rice Biloxi, MS

I love the fact that I can go online and order what I need for my pets I love the selection of not only food but there toys to.

Regina Lindon, UT

I've bought several water bowls from Chewy that works great. It's the type that refills itself. It is so convenient!

Gerald Hays Layton, UT

They have good customer service and prompt delivery. The food that I order from them was quality dog food.

myles Ragas Houston, TX

My dog absolutely loves this websites food. I always buy it for him and the prices are low.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

Chewy.com is so easy to use and convienent. Their customer service is top notch as well!!

Madison Kneiss Mount Hope, WV

Fast and easy delivery! Most items are priced well and I have never had any issues with any orders!