When choosing the perfect dog food for your pup, many pet owners find themselves overwhelmed. It can be challenging to know which brand, type of food, and nutrients your dog needs. Fortunately, Chewy carries a variety of premium dog food and dog treats. Whether your dog needs basic kibble, grain-free, or prescription dog food, Chewy is likely to have what you need.

Chewy's overall mission is to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet lovers and its partners — vets and service providers.

The Good

• Variety of Dog Food
  • Save with Autoship
  • Competitive Pricing
  • 24/7 Customer Service

Variety of Dog Food

Chewy's greatest strength is its vast selection of products. Merely searching for dog food will bring up over 3,800 results. If this number seems overwhelming, you can quickly narrow down the options by filtering your search. You can filter your search by type of food (dry, wet, raw, frozen, etc.), brand, required diet, life stage, breed size, food flavor, health feature, packaging type, texture, price, and customer ratings.

We applaud Chewy for offering such an extensive selection of dog food. This makes it super easy for dog owners to find exactly what they need. It doesn't matter if your precious pup needs a grain-free, high-protein, shredded chicken mix for their sensitive stomach; you're more likely to find it at Chewy than your local supermarket.

Save with Autoship

If you plan on ordering dog food regularly, then we recommend checking out Chewy's auto-ship program. The program is completely free, and on your first order, you'll save 30 percent (after that, you'll save 5 percent). You can choose the delivery frequency and easily change, cancel, or reschedule shipments at any time.

The auto-ship program is excellent for anyone with pets, but especially those with a busy lifestyle. No longer do you have to worry about remembering to buy dog food at the grocery store, worry about lifting/carrying the bag into your home, or scouring the newspaper looking for coupons.

Competitive Pricing

Not only does Chewy offer numerous sales and daily deals, but its regularly priced items are competitive. Many of our reviewers were happy with Chewy's prices, stating that they were extremely reasonable (especially for the quality of the products) and often cheaper than local pet stores and supermarkets. Plus, if you spend over $49, you'll get free shipping. However, if you don't plan on spending that much, all other orders ship for a flat rate of $4.95.

24/7 Customer Service

It's tough to find a company that parallels Chewy's customer service. The company is consistently praised for its knowledgeable and accommodating staff. Plus, Chewy is notorious for sending out handwritten notes with humorous pet puns, birthday cards, and some customers have even received a painting of their pet along with their order.

The Bad

Shipping Limitations

While most of what Chewy.com does is at a high-quality level, the company lacks a few things. There is no shipping available outside of the contiguous United States.

Chewy does not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, any other U.S. territories, Canada, or any other country.

The Bottom Line

Overall, we highly recommend Chewy for your dog food needs. The company's extensive product selection is perfect for even the pickiest of eaters. If you're unsure or feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choices, simply call Chewy's customer service line. The company has been highly praised for its customer service. And a company representative will gladly help you find the perfect dog food for your pup. Of course, you should always speak to your veterinarian before to ensure your dog is getting the nutrients it needs. Currently, Chewy doesn't ship to anywhere else other than the contingent United States, and there is no mention of whether that will change.

4.8

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think the toys at Chewy are super cute. They are durable. The food is also good. The problem comes in at the price tag. I am a college student with a dog, and ordering the food from amazon is just way cheaper.

Cdavid

November 13th, 2020 , MO

I was able to find a dog kennel that I was looking for at a reasonable price. I love their selection.

Saranie Wahlen

November 11th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy has high quality products and we usually get our packages within a day of ordering them. This is a great company to order from when you have pets.

Sandy

November 6th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've actually used chewy's website to buy cool care for my clippers they're the only ones who've had them in stock. Shipping is always on time.

Victoria

November 5th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a new dog owner, I was kind of confused when it came to what products were best for my dog until I came across this website. It is so great and easy to find the things I need and also set up where the product ships every few months for things such as dog food. It really helped me!

Jada Guzman

October 27th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products! Super fast shipping and very laid out terms and conditions of products

Alyssa Hansel

October 26th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using chewy! When I got my first pup I was able to order everything I needed for her! The app also offers great discounts to new members!

Makenna Romano

October 16th, 2020 Brea, CA

We have been buying food for my dog for a while now and he loves it. There pricing and shipping is great. I highly recommend chewy.

Brittney Veillon

October 15th, 2020 Gonzales, LA

Great delivery and even more amazing prices they also have great customer service.

Joey shimko

October 15th, 2020 Folsom, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is great I found dog food for cheap and they shiped it to my house so I did not have to go to the store to go get it.

Morgan whiting

October 3rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like to use Chewy when I need a more obscure pet product. They have almost everything a dog could want.

Dominique

September 19th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We order all of our dog food from Chewy. It is an easy to use site and delivers food right to our door in a timely fashion. This has been especially useful during COVID, allowing for one less trip to the store.

Dayna

September 14th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is an amazing online pet supply company. Their shipping is super fast and their return policy is amazing.

Tagg

September 11th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy makes it easy and convenient to get pet supplies shipped directly to my door.

Dre35

September 3rd, 2020 West Valley City, UT

This is a great website, and the pricing is not bad! Especially with prescriptions.

Natalie Brown

April 4th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is a great company and has some very good products. I have yet to buy anything from chewy and be disappointed. Their prices are also very nice and I find them being less than in-person pet stores. Their delivery is also on point and extremely fast! They also have a policy where if you buy over $50 worth of items the shipping is free and your things are delivered in 1-2 days! I have used chewy numerous times for dog food, and other needed animal supplies. I will keep using them even after this review!

Rocio Diaz

April 1st, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy's online shopping experience is wonderful and it has a large variety of products for all of your dog's needs. Chewy is also decently priced. They also many name-brand dog foods that are tailored for your dog's specific needs.

Gerald Hays

March 26th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have good customer service and prompt delivery. The food that I order from them was quality dog food.

Lori Claassen

March 24th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so happy I found Chewy.com! It makes it soo convenient to do their auto shipment! You can set or change the auto shipment any time and it’s great! My cats always have food and litter right on time!

Deborah integlia

March 8th, 2020 Bedford, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I so love this company! They have most everything you can imagine for your pet. Their service is tops and I so appreciate the free shipping.

myles Ragas

March 7th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dog absolutely loves this websites food. I always buy it for him and the prices are low.

Linda Hays

March 7th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The dog food I ordered came quickly and was a fair price. It was great getting it delivered to my door.

Alyssa Hansel

March 6th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super Great app, they offer amazing discounts! I order so many treats and goodies for my new pup with Chewy and I am super satisfied. They really helped me get this new pet parent thing down! Definitely recommend to all pet owners!

Jada Scott

March 4th, 2020 Norman, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love chewy! If youre a pet parent and want to stock up on your pets favorite foods and treats while not doing broke? Chewy is just for you. They even send postcards and etc for your animals birthday. You cannot beat the prices.

Logan Hudson

February 28th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy has always been quick with delivering my dogs food and I have not had any issues with my dogs having reactions to the foods. The prices are reasonable as well.

Erin Glendening

February 26th, 2020 Gonzales, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is fairly priced, and prompt with their delivery. You can even set it to deliver on a schedule, it’s perfect for dogs with allergies. Food is always fresh.

Brandie Rudy

February 21st, 2020 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is my absolute favorite. I love having access to so many products and brands. I feel like they care about my pet as much as I do. The prices are comparable to other retail stores and the convenience of online shopping and free delivery is amazing.

Tyler Wagner

February 17th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can not beat Chewys customer service and their prices. They ship on time and have a great selection.

Kilee Wagner

February 12th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy has the best customer service. We had a product that wasn't working and they shipped a new one to us with 1 day shipping!

Jesse Rice

January 30th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the fact that I can go online and order what I need for my pets I love the selection of not only food but there toys to.

Cam McClellan

January 30th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy.com is so easy to use and convienent. Their customer service is top notch as well!!

Madison Kneiss

January 25th, 2020 Mount Hope, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast and easy delivery! Most items are priced well and I have never had any issues with any orders!

Tiffany I

January 15th, 2020 Gaithersburg, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is my favorite pet site. It’s so easy to find what I need for my dog and not overpriced. I always spend enough for free shipping.

Michelle W

November 27th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is seriously awesome! I love all of the different brands available for my cat and dog. The videos are the best when brands describe their food.

Landon Edwards

November 5th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The food is very good quality. It ships quickly, and is worth your money. Our dogs love the food, and we love the options of toys and clothing on their site.

Rilynne Edwards

November 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use Chewy for both of my dogs. Their website is easy to use, and the food is always great quality. The shipments come on a schedule made by you, so you'll never be short on dog food.

Regina

October 29th, 2019 Lindon, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've bought several water bowls from Chewy that works great. It's the type that refills itself. It is so convenient!

Madison Scott

September 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chewy is great. The prices are the same, comparable to Walmart. But you also can do automatic shipping and its free! So you really don't have to give it much thought. It's awesome.