Paul Davis Restoration

LAST UPDATED: September 8th, 2020

Founded in 1966, Paul Davis Restoration is a full-service property emergency service and restoration provider with more than 300 independently operated and owned franchises throughout the United States and Canada.

Property damage can be devastating for a family or business and restoration or reconstruction of properties can be complex. Paul Davis Restoration strives to streamline restoration and reconstruction services by providing multiple services through one point of contact, cutting costs, and minimizing disruption.

The company's residential and commercial restoration services include the following:

• Water and flood damage restoration
  • Fire and smoke damage restoration
  • Wind and storm damage restoration
  • Trauma and biohazard clean up
  • Mold remediation

AdvantaClean Logo
AdvantaClean chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Emergency Response
  • History of Innovation
  • Quality Assurance Department
  • Training and Certifications
  • Commitment to Sustainability

Emergency Response

In cases of property damage, timely remediatory action by a restoration company is critical. All Paul Davis Restoration franchisees are ready to respond to crises through their 24/7 hour services. The company promises to have a first contact within 30 minutes and arrive at the property within hours. Once onsite, Paul Davis Restoration provides prompt assessments and immediately mitigates further damage.

History of Innovation

With over 50 years in the property damage emergency services and restoration industry, Paul Davis Restoration has provided breakthroughs in technology such as computerized estimates and new water damage assessment and monitoring technology. MICA, the company's web-based monitoring tool used in water damage reparations, takes efficient and accurate data during the drying process and makes it available for insurance clients through a simple dashboard.

Paul Davis Restoration also uses thermal imaging that assesses water damage and leaks without having to tear down drywall or pull up carpet, cutting on costs and saving time. This technology is also used to provide more photographic evidence and justification of repairs to insurance adjusters. Generally, damaged soft content items such as clothes, blankets, and leather goods have been cleaned through dry cleaning. Paul Davis Restoration avoids the dry cleaners with its cost-efficient advanced washing systems that use effective, environmentally friendly detergents to restore food-grade quality clean items.

Quality Assurance Department

Reputable property emergency service and restoration companies will work closely with insurance companies on a client's behalf, reducing stress in a difficult situation. Paul Davis Restoration has a Quality Assurance Department staffed with experienced restoration insurance professionals that provide clients assistance in collecting data, writing and reviewing estimates, and negotiating with insurance adjusters.

Training and Certifications

Clients who select Paul Davis Restoration as their property emergency service and restoration company have the reassurance that their property is in experienced hands. To ensure the highest standard of quality service, Paul Davis Restoration franchise technicians must complete training through IIRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) courses. Paul Davis Restoration's training facility, located at its headquarters in Jacksonville, Florida, provides the best-in-class training through its IIRC approved "flood" house, training modules, and various restoration courses.

Commitment to Sustainability

Paul Davis Restoration uses green cleaning products. The restoration and reconstruction company is dedicated to reducing its environmental impact by using more natural ingredients. Property owners concerned with the cleaning products' contents can check out Paul Davis Restoration's ingredient disclosure statement to learn more.

The Bad

Preferred Vendor Program

It may not be in a property owner's best interest to use their insurance company's preferred providers when selecting a property emergency service and restoration company. Insurance companies want clients to use preferred providers because the insurance company has special pricing arrangements with preferred providers.

As a preferred provider, the restoration company will try to keep the prices low to maintain the partnership. This pricing arrangement may affect the amount of work and money a client gets in their insurance claim. Paul Davis Restoration has a national business development team that works to become preferred vendors with insurance companies.

The Bottom Line

Paul Davis Restoration has fifty years of experience in the property emergency services and restoration industry. Through its history of innovation and state-of-the-art training certifications, clients have the reassurance that their property will be minutely taken care of from the assessment through its restoration or reconstruction.

Paul Davis Restoration takes additional stress off of a client by working with insurance companies on clients' claims and providing multiple services through one contact point. We recommend asking if Paul Davis Restoration is a preferred provider with a client's insurance company and how that may affect a claim before hiring.

Lurdes

Paul Davis & company were great to work with. They were there from the very beginning. I had no idea what to do after the fire in our rental unit. They took care of everything & kept us informed of what was happening & what needed to be done. They answered any questions the tenants or I had. They gave us an estimated time that the tenants could move back into their units. They ended up getting them in there earlier than expected. They did an awesome job repairing everything. I would not hesitate in calling them again. I have worked with other before but I can honestly say that I had no headaches or worrying about what needed to be done with Paul Davis. They handled it all. The gave more than 100% & I couldn’t have worked with a better crew than Paul Davis’s guys. They were great.

Peggy Oppocher

I was impressed by each person who worked here, except for the guy who worked on the garage door. My husband could have told you exact facts about the garage door, but he passed away. We didn't realize til some time after he finished you could open the door about two feet even tho it was locked. Also the man who put the siding on did an excellent job except for picking up all the nails. The man who put the rocks back on the sides of the garage deserves a medal. It was a perfect job.

They were in constant communication and my phone calls were returned in a timely manner. Any questions that I had they were more than willing to answer for me and I found that the answers were in every case truthful.They cleaned everything up. They made a very frightening situation manageable and did everything they could to keep me informed. I was very impressed.

Booher

They were just very easy to work with and very responsive when we had contact back and forth with them. I thought they were very helpful. They explained everything that they were going to do and gave us a time frame and did it all within that time. Got it done and it looked really nice. We had to have some painting done afterwards and whoever the yhad come and do the painting, they did a really nice job.

Judith

They always returned my calls. They always called me when the ywere on their way to give me a heads up. They came out the very same day we called and anytime they said the ywere going to show up, they did. I just felt like they were on top of the job everyday. They were very thorough and didn't leave anything behind for me to do. I felt like they were very respectful of my property. They were very personable and friendly. Great customer service skills and great people skills.

Barbre

I went through my insurance company and they directed me to them. Paul Davis Restoration jumped right on it. We had part of our ceiling fall in our closet and they were wonderful... they just were quick did a good job and follow through. After they were done, we went in our closet and you couldn't even tell anything had happened. They even got the carpets to look nice and neat.

Shields

They were really attentive. They went the extra mile. I had a blind that they couldn't clean so they worked with Home Depot to get me another one and then that one was defective and worked with me to get that one replaced. They went the extra mile.

They did a great job with cleanup. You can hardly tell there was a flood there anymore. They got back to us right away. There were a couple time sthat they didn't know the answer but were able to just be honest with me the whole time.

Marilyn

They made sure that they vaccumed, they cleaned up. And then they sent another company over to clean the carpet, which we just weren't happy with. Paul Davis got back to me with phone calls and they tried their best to get it done as soon as possible. Everything looks so nice.

Wallace

They were always very open and would always communicate very well with me and let me know what's going on. What they could or couldn't do. They were just very on top of everythign the entire time. They would ask us if there was anything else they needed us to do.

Vaughn

They were clean coming and going. Their initial customer service was great. They responded quickly, came in, and got the work done drying up the floors. However I've been trying to get them to come back for quite some time and that is a little frustrating.

Aitken

Absolutely satisfied. They made everything back to normal as fast as they possibly could and it was just a great experience with them. Customer service was amazing. They treated me with respect and were contantly checking up on my situation.

Reply from Paul Davis Restoration

This is awesome feedback -- thanks for sharing!

Sep. 2nd, 2020

Nancy Cornett

Fast and extremely efficient response. I was facing hip replacement surgery in less than 2 weeks after the flood and all the team was so very supportive and had my condo in clean and safe condition for my return from the hospital to recover instead of going to a rehabilitation facility.

Facklam

They do water medication and restoration from water damage and so we went with Paul Davis. Prompt at returning my calls and answering any questions I had. Incredibly thorough and professional. Their work looks better than my house looked before.

Norton

You can't even tell that there was any damage and it looked beter I thought from before the fire. They were very reliable and very prompt to get it done. Service was better than I could have imagined. The promptness and attention to detail was highly commendable.

Boyer

Paul Davis came out and tore out part of my wall to determine what caused the damage and then work with the insurance company to get them to pay for. They were good at getting everything dried out and taken care of quickly. Everything was well taken care of on time without any problems.

Kai

They were really courteous. They filled me in on what was going on and always made sure I had a chance to ask questions or anything. Everything they brought in they took out the place looked fantastic by the time they were done.

Alicia

They always return my calls. We were informed during each step of the process and and they emailed me quickly. Also the subcontractors they use were really good also. They repaired a kitchen that had been flooded and the game room. They cleaned up everything and we were satisfied

Brian

Paul Davis team went above and beyond what they said they would do. Used them when we had water damage in the house. After they were done, there were a couple of things that we questioned, but they came back and rectified it to make us happy. Brandon, the guy that was heading up the job, did a great job and made all the difference in the world.

Kyle

I was very satisfied. They were friendly and prompt. Kept me in the loop. They cleaned and just tried to make less impact on my life as possible. They picked up all the debris that the ybrought into the home.

Amber

The clean up crews were very professional and efficient. The reconstruction crew was very friendly and had no problem interacting with my kids while they were building the wall. They were very fast and clean.

Shalise Jacobsen

They were kind, helpful and honest. They went above and beyond any expectation. They kept in touch with me and gave me updates as we waited for news from my insurance company.

Sheya

Had a leak in our ceiling and our insurance company recommended them. They were straight forward if it was gonna cost more or if it was something that I could fix and they actually help me know what to do to fix it.

Long

You know they did restoration for walls in my house and reconstructed my kitchen 2 years ago. It took a little bit longer than I would have liked, but when they got to the actual work they did a great job on it.

Johnson

Customer service was pretty good and the company was honest with me. I was satisfied with the clean up just not rebuild. My feedback is to not let their subs do the work for them.

Mcintyre

I had fire and water damage. They were very willing to answer questions and took time to explain things. They were just very helpful, friendly, and thoughtful.

Damewood

I've had water damage to my home - to my wood floors. They always answer or return my calls. They are polite, efficient, and on time. The cleanup was excellent.

Stapleton

They're very good to work with and they're always on time and clean. They put down paper everywhere and took their shoes off. They did a great job.

Frodsham

They seem very competent, friendly, and careful about the security of my home. The project was done on time and within the budget that they quoted.

Reply from Paul Davis Restoration

Thank you for the positive feedback. Our team works really hard to help take great care of our clients so we appreciate hearing when things go exceptionally well!

Sep. 2nd, 2020

Michael Ayers

Major ceiling repair required. It took Paul Davis only 2 days to complete and the result is amazing. You cannot tell there was ever a problem.

Madi

The construction company that was remodeling my basement picked them. They were very responsive, very friendly, and very helpful.

Ellsworth

Using them was the best option for my insurance company and I chose them because they were the best in the industry in my area. The cleanup was good.

Cannon

Everybody in there was very pleasant. Good information on what they're doing and their time line was appropriate.

Strahm

At times they were quick to follow up, but slow to complete the follow up. I was satisfied with the cleanup.

Pam

They were professional and you couldn't see that any work was done It look exactly as before the disaster

Mike C.

They were extremely helpful and fixed not just our water damage but they also fixed where the water was coming in at.

Mark E

These people know what they are doing, they work fast and do a quality job! I was more than impressed.

Stockett

Paul Davis restoration repaired some water damage. Did everything in a timely manner and communicated very well.

Justin

I think that they've been very good and respectful with us. They work around our schedules and everything's been great.

Rafael Morelli

They have been quick to respond and accommodate our needs as things have come up.

Evan D. Byington

They did an excellent job in working with us and our homeowners insurance company.

Lynda

The repairs work was excellent and completed to our satisfaction. We would use them again!!!

Shelby

They did exactly what they said they would do within the time frame they said they would do it.

Phoukhao

The cleanup was good. You're too slow, though. They didn't come to work for two weeks.

Shawna

I chose Paul Davis because of emergency water remediation and they were very efficient.

Lisa huntsman

Everyone we worked with at Paul Davis was so friendly, efficient and listened to what we wanted

Welch

We had a problem with flooding and they came and fixed it. They were good at communicating.

Murray

My insurance chose them them for my water damage. There was some miscommunication with the company.

Steve and Joanne Hill Clearfield, UT

worked well with clients, were open to assist clients questions and needs

Eleanor Marino Woods Cross, UT