SmartSites is an award-winning website design and digital marketing agency, founded in 2011 by brothers Alex and Michael Melen. Headquartered in Paramus, New Jersey, the company boasts a team of over 60 designers and developers and works with clients across the country.

As an industry leader, SmartSites has been recognized for several accomplishments:

• 700+ websites launched
  • 400+ satisfied clients
  • $100 million+ revenue generated for clients
  • Google Premier Partner agency
  • Bing Elite Agency
  • HubSpot Certified Partner
  • Zapier Certified Expert
  • 2019's NJBiz Top 250 Private Companies

Interested consumers can browse through a variety of case studies at SmartSites.com or fill out a referral form. Additionally, sales and support are offered via phone and email.

#2 Avalaunch Media chevron_right
#3 WebiMax chevron_right

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Services
  • SmartSites Results
  • Industries Served

Provides a Variety of Services

SmartSites is a full-service digital agency and aims to be a full digital partner for its clients. SmartSites helps its clients with the designing, building, and managing of websites. The company will keep websites up-to-date, optimize for SEO purposes, write content, help with link building, profile customers, and help companies get their site ranking organically.

SmartSite's services include the following:

Design

• Blogging Services
  • SEO Copywriting
  • Website Migration

SmartSites Results

SmartSites team of over 60 digital experts has helped drive the performance for small businesses and Fortune 500 companies throughout the nation. Having helped over 400 clients in various industries, SmartSites devotes an entire page of its website to case studies. The case studies show the company's multiple clients and how SmartSites helped each company maximize its digital marketing efforts.

Each case study reveals how the company wanted to improve and SmartSite's plan of action — whether that includes a Google Adwords campaign or adding a blog to the website. SmartSites then includes the results of the company's efforts — disclosing its clients' percentage increase for organic traffic or click-through rate.

Industries Served

When it comes to industries, SmartSites doesn't discriminate. The digital marketing agency has clients from the entertainment and media industry, home services, industrial and commercial, hospitality, medical and healthcare, business to consumer (B2C) and business to business (B2B).

The Bad

Undisclosed Information

SmartSite's website has plenty of information about the company's products and solutions. However, there is no information regarding prices, contract length, fees, cancellation policies, or refunds. To find out this information, potential clients will need to contact the company via email, phone, or social media.

The Bottom Line

SmartSites is an award-winning digital marketing agency — and certainly has the credentials to back it up. The company is a Premier Google Partner, Bing Elite Agency, HubSpot Certified Partner, and has an A+ rating with the BBB. The company doesn't disclose pricing information or any terms and conditions for its services, but that is standard throughout the industry, and clients will have to contact the company directly to receive that information.

5.0

Naama lach

March 23rd, 2020 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our company works specifically with Connor O. and he gives us the best service we can ask for. He is always there to help us when we need him. He has given us outstanding service and communication. We rely on him for many things and he has never failed us.

Plasma Powders & Systems, Inc

March 18th, 2020 Freehold, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been working with Smartsites for about two years now. They have been nothing short of incredible. They are setting the bar high for all digital agencies. Ashley was a true professional. Explaining all phases of the website development, responding to our emails quickly, answered every question we could ever have, and overall, was a joy to work with. I would recommend her and her team to anyone for website development. Thank you so much for all your hard work. We look forward to the continued business!

Josh Smith

March 9th, 2020 Maryville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awesome group to work with! Helped tweak my campaigns to save money while bring in more sales.

Amadeusz Radosz

February 27th, 2020 Ridgewood, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using Smarsites for a few months now, and I have seen a large influx of new customers contact us from all of their efforts. We created a new google ads campaign which brings in a very good average of clicks as well as people contacting us. They also made a beautiful and attractive landing page gor google, overall I am very happy with their efforts!

brian dailey

February 26th, 2020 Glenside, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great team to work with for SEO. Dylan was great to work with

Howard Weinreich

February 24th, 2020 Stony Point, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a great experience dealing with this company They have answered our questions and concerns in a very timely manor. We have seen results within the first few weeks

John

February 24th, 2020 Maplewood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartSites were great. They were strong with communication, very responsive and not overly pushy.

Christopher Carcich

February 14th, 2020 Wayne, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartSites developed an online presence that led to a noticeable increased in our business.

Ed Murcia

February 7th, 2020 Plainfield, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Once again Michael and his team especially Ashley M, project manager, exceeded my anticipated expectations!! My ‘Becker Pump” E-Commerce site is by far, in my opinion, “BEST IN CLASS” beyond a shadow of a doubt. And Alex and his team; who manage my Google Ads and CTR campaigns with precision control and rigor attention to details, thus the outstanding and consistent increase in daily traffic. My Hat’s off to all at SmartSites! I’d highly recommend SmartSites.

Feb 07, 2020

Hi Ed, Thank you for your positive review! So glad to hear Michael and his team are treating you well! We are so glad to be a part of your success and are looking forward to continue working with you. - Team SmartSites

Geneva Grainger

February 6th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They helped me get my Adwords set up when my account had been suspended. They were the only ones that could get the job done! Highly recommend.

Feb 07, 2020

Hey Geneva, Thanks so much for your positive review! Glad we were able to help. - Team SmartSites

Bill ODonovan

January 28th, 2020 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We're halfway through the project, and I'm very happy with the results. Joe K convinced me that a dedicated Landing Page for Google Ads would help a lot. His team took the time to get it right and put up with numerous revisions that I requested. Excellent customer service and expertise!

Feb 07, 2020

Hey Bill, Thanks so much for your positive review. Glad to hear Joe is giving you the best service here. - Team SmartSites

Daniel Morris

January 25th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartSites is an amazing company! They did an amazing job with our website and Matthew communicated with us right away when we had questions. They are the best! Thank you!

Feb 07, 2020

Hi Daniel, Thanks so much for your positive review! Glad to see you are thrilled with our work and that Matthew helped you along the way. - Team SmartSites

Zachary Lezberg

January 24th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Smartsites has been great to work with. I have been specifically working with Michael and Matthew. Michael is handling my PPC marketing campaign. He is very thorough, really took time to understand my business needs, and continually tracks and provides me ideas to improve the campaigns. He's also VERY responsive - when I need something, he is quick to respond. I find that super important. Matthew has also been fantastic to work with. Matthew is project managing the design of our new website - start to finish. He has been phenomenal with offering suggestions and ways to improve the designs. he is extremely responsive and also took a lot of time to understand my business and needs. I highly recommend using Smartsites. They get it. They take time to understand your business. They are affordable and they care.

Feb 07, 2020

Hi Zachary, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review and sharing your experience with us! We know you are in good hands here at SmartSites with Michael and Matthew. - Team SmartSites

Katie Johnston

January 20th, 2020 Wayne, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ashley, Matt & Michael have been so great helping us in building our businesses. We use Smartsites for 2 of our companies with great success! We would highly recommend them to anyone with an established business who is looking to grow and any new business looking to get their website and SEO up working quickly.

Thomas Siska

January 8th, 2020 Saddle Brook, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We just started working with Smartsites in October 2019 to re-do our website and help us with our Pay Per Click marketing with Google Adwords. They are a very professional organization and have made the process easy. Our website is still in the developmental phase so I cannot review this part in detail but I have been working very closely with Michael G reconfiguring my PPC with Google and the process has already yielded significant positive results. Michael is extremely knowledgeable We are very pleased with the results so far and I will do another review after our new site is up and running.

Justin Bodenhamer

January 7th, 2020 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dylan is amazing, great communication and fun company to work with. Provided great results

Jack

November 8th, 2019 Howell Township, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used smartsites to do the pay per click for my website they did the work quickly Joe K is easy to work with. he also worked well with my web guy which is important to me also because I'm a busy guy and I don't have time for drama. Overall he did a great job and I would hire them in the future

Dana Bolgar Popov

November 4th, 2019 Rockville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very happy with my experience, Michael has been fantastic at keeping me posted every step of the way, and extremely diligent with ongoing optimizations to make our campaigns successful! Really appreciate the knowledge, skill and responsiveness. Thank you Smart Sites!

Gregory Havio

November 1st, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contracted SmartSites to create a web presence for our two companies EZ Sleep Advisors and EZ Sleep 4 U. SmartSites built two websites and integrated Twitter feeds. The process was seamless and the websites were delivered fast. The price was affordable and also included web hosting. I have no complaints with my experience with SmartSites and would recommend them to a friend.

Fidel

October 27th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent from inception to execution of all tasks assigned

David Fraunberger

October 17th, 2019 Monmouth Junction, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I utilize SmartSites to grow businesses with PPC, SEO, Websites and digital marketing services. They are a Google Channel Partner which gives them access to cutting edge techniques and betas through Google that other agencies don't have access to. Campaigns with SmartSites yield an extremely high ROI. I also utilize them for numerous design services. Highly recommend.

Avi A

September 16th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In today’s day and age, it is hard to sift through all of the companies out there that specialize in web development and internet marketing as everyone claims to be an expert. What I have found in working with SmartSites for a few years now is that it’s not just about coding a website or designing some graphics but about paying close attention to the little details that really make your project stand out. Whether I needed a simple logo or a full blown website, our project manager, Matt, and his team have put forth their greatest effort to make sure we are satisfied with the outcome.

Jon Barr

September 10th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had been looking for some help with online marketing for my event company and got referred to SmartSites by a contact in my industry. I have to say, the Melen brothers went above and beyond! Alex was always available to answer any of my questions and for someone who is a novice with this stuff he really broke down how to get my company and inventory more exposure online. I can not recommend these guys more!

Jon Moore

September 10th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Smart Sites is a very professional, extremely organized company to work with. After hiring them to handle our website, our phones ring more than they ever had and our website is getting more traffic than ever. After working with several other website companies Smart Sites is hands down the only company I would recommend.

Scott Kahn

September 9th, 2019 New Milford, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Business has increased as a result of the work done by the SmartSites team. The website completely satisfies all visual and functional requirements. They are the best around.

Dr. Alex

August 30th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have worked with this group for several years. We are in the process of a second website redesign. SmartSites is knowledge, understanding of your market and exceeds expectations. They are more than just a website company, let them show you how they can drive you more business!

Kaityln Lee

August 29th, 2019 Englewood Cliffs, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartSites designed our website , did organic seo , and pay per click advertising. this helped us generate a majority of our leads and get a good return on investment.

Lara Henawi

August 21st, 2019 Westwood, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SmartSites is the best, hands down. They've helped our e-commerce store improve in so many ways through their marketing and advertising tools. They are thorough and always available to help and answer any questions that we have. We are extremely happy with their services and are very excited to see what more they can do for us in the future.

Dr. Russell Samofal

August 19th, 2019 Wayne, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Incredible results! I could not be happier with my decision to work with SmartSites. I first talked to Mike when I was just setting up my practice, and now I have multiple doctors and locations. I am very happy with SmartSites and how digital marketing has helped my business.

Vlad Byhovsky

August 5th, 2019 White Plains, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am very happy with SmartSites. We have worked with them for a couple years now and expect to keep the relationship for many more years to come.

Dr. Leonid Rubinov

August 2nd, 2019 Cliffside Park, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I knew there was something that needed to be done with my online presence but I was challenged with what my primary focus should be. SmartSites was able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Michael spent time with me understanding who I wanted my target audience to be. This way, we were able to build a new website and created a strong online presence. Working with SmartSites was extremely beneficial for my practice and I would highly recommend them.