Weight Watchers Logo

Weight Watchers

Is This Your Business?

7.7

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021

As one of the first commercial dieting plans offered in the United States, Weight Watchers transformed into WW International. Founded by Jean Nidetch in Queens, New York in 1963, WW now offers meal plans, food tracking, exercise support, and community efforts all on a digital platform with WW Studios located across the nation.

The Good

• Three WW Freestyle Programs
  • Program Resources
  • User-Friendly App
  • Rewards Program

Three WW Freestyle Programs

The revamped version of the original Weight Watchers program now offers a variety of digital tools, information, recipes, and coaching. The three plans offered are Digital, Workshop, and Coaching. Digital is the basic plan which is incorporated into both the Workshop and Coaching programs.

Digital —$4.61 per week for one month

• Track food, activity, and weight online or in the app
  • 4,000+ recipes

• Weekly private Wellness walk-ins
  • Guidebooks and materials

Coaching + Digital — $12.69 per week for one month

• Digital plan features
  • A dedicated coach that you choose
  • Unlimited one-on-one phone sessions
  • Personalized action plans
  • Personalized skill training

Pricing may vary based on your location, specifically for the Worksop program. WW offers a 1-month, 3-month, or 6-month commitment plan. Discounts are applied as you move up to the 3-month and 6-month plan.

Program Resources

There are a variety of resources available when signing up with WW Freestyle. They include a free mobile app, easy online access, ZeroPoint foods, and the SmartPoints system. ZeroPoints gives you food options that will not add any points to your daily point goal. SmartPoints is used to track how much you are eating in a day or a single meal. Similar to calories, a number of points are assigned to a food item letting you know how many points you have left in the day to eat. The WW app will keep track of how many points you have eaten in a day as you input each meal.

User-Friendly App

The Weight Watchers app is free to download and helps you keep track of meals, workouts, and access to the WW community. Meal tracking is made simple with recipes provided by WW, nutrition information for popular restaurants, and tips on what to snack on throughout the day. Sync your Apple watch, Fitbit, Garmin or your choice of activity tracker to the app for easy exercise tracking. The WW community is a place where you can connect with and support others on your fitness journey.

Rewards Program

Weight Watchers has created a rewards program for its members call WellnessWins. You earn points by tracking meals, activity, weight, and attending workshops. It comes included with all three program options. Rewards in the first tier consist of a cookbook, online shop credit, partnered fitness app memberships. From there they range up to the third tier with rewards such as a yoga mat, Bluetooth speaker, Wiivv custom-fit insoles, and much more.

The Bad

• Cancellation Fees
  • Studio Locations

Cancellation Fees

While the cancellation process may be simple, there are a few things you should be aware of. An early termination fee of $64.95 will be applied when canceling a 3-month or 6-month commitment plan. Monthly fees and registration fees will not be refunded, although full refunds are available for individuals who fall under specific circumstances. Some of these include canceling for a medical reason, pregnancy, or relocation to a place that is more than 15 miles away from a WW studio.

Studio Locations

WW Studios are popping up all over the country but unfortunately, they can’t be everywhere. If you are interested in the Workshop program, make certain that there is a studio close to you. A lot of the benefits within this program come by visiting these studios. There is the Digital option or the Coaching option but that leaves you with the basic service or the expensive service.

The Bottom Line

Weight Watchers’ new Freestyle system has evolved into a user-friendly, digitized resource for those looking for fitness advice. It offers many features to its customers, even in the Digital plan. Prices are higher than average but for those desperate for support and are in a financial place to afford it, then it is a good option. For those who are just looking for fitness community or expert advice on meal plans, there are plenty of other options out there to serve specific needs.

Overall, the company offers quality services and have been in the diet industry for many years. Analyze what kind of support and/or resources you need before signing up. Make sure that you will need or use all of the provided features to make it worth it.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

Weightwatchers is a great weight loss diet plan. It is inexpensive, and it works! Ive tried many other weight loss plans, and this is by far my favourite so far.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Nakhon Sawan, 60

My family has used Weight Watchers in the past and we were surprised by how easy it was to use and make part of our day to day life. You could eat a lot of tasty and healthy foods while still balancing that with treats. We found that we were not only losing weight, but living a healthier lifestyle as well.

Beth Knight Nakhon Sawan, 60

Weight Watchers is the only weight loss program I’ve actually enjoyed being on. You can eat whatever you want to as long as it’s in moderation. This has made a huge difference in how I view and participate in dieting

hminfo Olney, MD

WW is by far my preferred weigh loss and maintenance plan. It is good plan to try to stick to for the rest of your life and is not a crash diet. It is something achievable that doesn't leave you feeling deprived. It teaches you to eat properly with no food choices "banned."

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

Weight watchers is not my favorite company. I think that it can work for some people but the way that they track points and exercise is not for me. It is also a very expensive program.

Meg TX

Love the app, website and the new plans.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

Weight Watchers or WW as they are know, is a great diet plan. They have easy to use tracking, meal plans, and mobile apps. I'm not a good self motivator, and I suggest for those people paying the little extra for the in person mtgs. The have great coaches to keep you motivated. There is something about meeting with other people to hear their successes that help.

Alexa Williamson Orem, UT

I have lost a total of 20 lbs on weight watchers and I am happy with the life style change it helped me realize I needed. When I was doing weight watchers I found out I was pregnant and they gave me a refund and were super easy to work with!

JStel Grand Junction, CO

After studying integrative nutrition for one year (now certified to health coach), I returned for a short trial of the WW program during summer 2019. I joined not only to boost my personal success in weight loss, but also to compare the newly revised methods and mission of WW against my personal knowledge relating to health and weight loss. I was very pleased! There is a much improved emphasis on healthier nutrition and balance, and greater attention to other critical aspects of weight loss outside of what goes in our mouths. I walked away 10 pounds lighter, and with a new ability to recommend WW to individuals who choose to follow a more controlled weight loss program. Hooray for WW's!!

take7 Sandy, UT

Helped me discipline myself and get the headstart I needed to my healthy lifestyle journey... healthy eating journey. I like that its real food and not dieting where I'm leaving things I enjoy out but taking the time to plan and consciously count and realize what I'm eating and how much of it! Grateful to have it. I no longer use it but it works. I learned a lot of good things that have helped me maintain that lifestyle today.

AF ,

Losing weight in a healthy way is so hard! I think Weight Watchers is a healthy approach to losing weight. I had success a few years ago when I joined. I liked the group that I was apart of, and think the way they did the points was good.

Yvonne ,

I’ve used this and am using this service now. I love how easily it is to learn and implement into my daily life. I love to eat real food. I’ve learned how to eat healthier & enjoy that this is a program that you can take anywhere with you whether you stay home or travel this simply works.

Kimsreview Atlanta, GA

I use weight watchers app and love it. It is so easy to use and monitor what you are eating. I love that it can scan items and give you the points immediately. They have done a great job with making the app easy to use and intuitive.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Weight Watchers is a simple and effective tool for diet meal panning and dieting in general. It helped me form new healthier eating habits and allowed for easy tracking of nutrition and points. They have an easy to follow system that helps in weight loss, improved health, and better eating habits overall.

Syl North Port, FL

I would recommend Weight Watchers to everyone! I have join Weight Watchers in the past and I have always been very happy with my results. I joined again last year. The meetings are very boosting and helpful to me. The staff is awesome! I love the app for my phone.

Zac Cannon Biloxi, MS

I did Weight Watchers briefly while I was prepping for a summer of Drum corps to lose a few extra pounds to get in shape for a long summer of running and rehearsing. It helped to jump start my weight loss and made my summer easier on my body. My parents and I all benefitted from the program.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I love the WW app! It's so easy to use, and it really helps me count my points and diet correctly. The lifestyle of WW is exactly that. It's a lifestyle, and once you change your mindset, you can be successful on the program.

Mary Hardy Annapolis, MD

Easiest diet to follow. The recipes are simple and tasty too. Lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Thank you

Heather Milke Olney, MD

Love WW. Love my local leader. Love that they work with my employer to have meetings in my office. Easy to follow. Good lifetime plan option.

Amy Gardiner Germantown, MD

Lost 50lbs on weight watchers many times (lol) but I have always found WW to be easy to use and friendly to real living!!!

Picnicky82 Logan, UT

I used weight watchers to lose over 40 pounds. 3 years later I have kept the weight off because with learned good eating ha it’s through weight watchers.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

Weights Watchers makes weight loss a little easier. It is super convenient to have the app on your phone and know what foods you can eat that won't hurt your weight loss journey.

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

Weight Watchers is such a great starting point for people who are looking to loose weight, but don't know much about nutrition. I loved how much flexibility I had while doing WW, and that I was still able to eat normal food.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I have used Weight Watchers on and off over the years. I think it's a great program and I appreciated the engagement and support of the employees/mentors. The weekly weigh in's with encouragement from the staff were a huge part of my success.

cb Thibodaux, LA

I currently use the app to try and lose weight and it is amazing! It scans items and keeps track of what you eat so you don't have to worry about going over and ruining your diet!

Mark Wells Dallas, TX

I may have just started with my program, but I'm already seeing results. When I started I was almost 300 pounds. I'm now down to 280 thanks to the point program that is helping me watch what I eat.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

Weight Watchers is an awesome diet plan. It helped me eat the right portions with the right focus on calories, sugar, and carbs intake. The portions are tasty and filling. The plan is also easy to follow. I lost quite a bit of weight on the meals for sure.

Reckholdt Draper, UT

Weight watchers is great. I feel like it is pretty easy to stick to because you can theoretically eat whatever you want. I have known a lot of people who have been very successful. I tended to eat more snacks and less healthy foods just because i could for the points m, so I wasn’t as successful at reaching my goals.

Christyan Bennett New Orleans, LA

Weight Watchers Dietary Plans helped me to loose 25 pounds in about 2 months. I was so impressed with the results and would recommend it to anyone in search of a fast and easy way to loose weight!

Malayah Norcross, GA

I’ve been on weight watchers for a while now and I’m very close to reaching my goal. Even when I want to eat not-so-healthy food, weight watchers keeps me in check. I love the prize feature.

Sarah Russie Clearfield, UT

Flexible plans that teach you how to view food and eating situations properly. Long term, though, you will likely hit a plateau before reaching your goal weight, then be stuck dieting just to try to maintain for the rest of your life. If you go off the diet, weight gain will be higher than start weight. Still needs better balance in order to solve health and weight issues long term.

Melanie Rio Rancho, NM

I lost weight on Weight Watchers point system. I like that you can eat what you want, so long as you stay within your allotted daily points. It makes it easier to stay faithful to your diet plan and still lose weight! I lost 119 pounds doing this and exercising daily.

AK Riverton, UT

What I like about Weight Watchers is that you're using REAL food.... not shakes or powders. I also liked that I could cook food for my whole family to enjoy, not just me. The group meetings weren't convenient for me, but I did find them helpful!

Amberlee Hildebrand Orem, UT

They served me well. The plan was effective and the support was excellent.

Betty Brigham City, UT

I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. What more could I ask for! I love the mobile app. It is super easy to use and helps me keep on track with my weight.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae) Riverton, UT

This is the only online app that I Wouk do recommend to anyone. It’s the best way to track what you’re eating and be able to still go out and lose weight.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

Weight Watchers has a really good program. The knowledge I gained has been helpful in my daily eating routine and I like that there is flexibility in the foods you can eat.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

Love the weight Watchers app and it is quite affordable. Helped me realize how bad of choices I was making before using weight Watchers and helped me lose weight fast!

Jaci Rhoades , TX

Tried this app for a few months. For me, it was not worth the price. you have to do a lot of homework and study what foods have what points and make sure you don't go over your points. I much rather prefer a low-carb diet/Mediterranean diet.

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

I did Weight Watchers and did the program where you were able to just use the app. It made me much more aware of what I was eating. I think that their are many other apps out now that do the same thing that you don't have to pay for.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

I love the Weight Watchers point system because I don’t feel as restricted. I can still eat foods I enjoy (within reason) if I balance it with other healthy choices.

Ashley Johnson Las Vegas, NV

Great program for weight loss and maintenance. So nice to have a community of support. A little pricey, but worth it!

Lmt3 Provo, UT

I liked the weekly meetings. They helped me realize I wasn’t the only one who struggles with weight.

Laurie Massie Lakeland, FL

I’ve been doing WW for almost 3 years. I’ve lost 35 lbs, and have been able to keep it off. It works!

nicola jones Dunoon, AGB

it works and it keeps you thin if you use it right! easy to manage and record and gives you a timeline for weight loss

Pcander ,

I’ve been a member of weight watchers for 20+ years and have been successful in losing weight when I stick to it.

Morgan whiting Los Angeles, CA

I love weight watchers. I was able to lose 45lbs and keep it off. I love the weekly checkins. It keeps me on track.

Rocio Diaz Jacksonville, FL

Very motivational program and the point system makes it very easy to keep up with. Once off of it it is very hard to keep the weight off. Not long term diet plan.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

I have only used Weight Watchers online. For the money all I really was able to use was there app which counted calories. I felt like there were many other apps available which I didn't have to pay for that did exactly the same thing or did it even a little better.

Julie Taylor Ogden, UT

I just did the Weight Watchers online and I didn't feel that it was worth the money. There are many online trackers that are available that have no cost for the same service.