As one of the first commercial dieting plans offered in the United States, Weight Watchers transformed into WW International. Founded by Jean Nidetch in Queens, New York in 1963, WW now offers meal plans, food tracking, exercise support, and community efforts all on a digital platform with WW Studios located across the nation.

#1 Personal Trainer Food chevron_right
#2 Beachbody chevron_right

The Good

• Three WW Freestyle Programs
  • Program Resources
  • User-Friendly App
  • Rewards Program

Three WW Freestyle Programs

The revamped version of the original Weight Watchers program now offers a variety of digital tools, information, recipes, and coaching. The three plans offered are Digital, Workshop, and Coaching. Digital is the basic plan which is incorporated into both the Workshop and Coaching programs.

Digital —$4.61 per week for one month

• Track food, activity, and weight online or in the app
  • 4,000+ recipes

• Weekly private Wellness walk-ins
  • Guidebooks and materials

Coaching + Digital — $12.69 per week for one month

• Digital plan features
  • A dedicated coach that you choose
  • Unlimited one-on-one phone sessions
  • Personalized action plans
  • Personalized skill training

Pricing may vary based on your location, specifically for the Worksop program. WW offers a 1-month, 3-month, or 6-month commitment plan. Discounts are applied as you move up to the 3-month and 6-month plan.

Program Resources

There are a variety of resources available when signing up with WW Freestyle. They include a free mobile app, easy online access, ZeroPoint foods, and the SmartPoints system. ZeroPoints gives you food options that will not add any points to your daily point goal. SmartPoints is used to track how much you are eating in a day or a single meal. Similar to calories, a number of points are assigned to a food item letting you know how many points you have left in the day to eat. The WW app will keep track of how many points you have eaten in a day as you input each meal.

User-Friendly App

The Weight Watchers app is free to download and helps you keep track of meals, workouts, and access to the WW community. Meal tracking is made simple with recipes provided by WW, nutrition information for popular restaurants, and tips on what to snack on throughout the day. Sync your Apple watch, Fitbit, Garmin or your choice of activity tracker to the app for easy exercise tracking. The WW community is a place where you can connect with and support others on your fitness journey.

Rewards Program

Weight Watchers has created a rewards program for its members call WellnessWins. You earn points by tracking meals, activity, weight, and attending workshops. It comes included with all three program options. Rewards in the first tier consist of a cookbook, online shop credit, partnered fitness app memberships. From there they range up to the third tier with rewards such as a yoga mat, Bluetooth speaker, Wiivv custom-fit insoles, and much more.

The Bad

• Cancellation Fees
  • Studio Locations

Cancellation Fees

While the cancellation process may be simple, there are a few things you should be aware of. An early termination fee of $64.95 will be applied when canceling a 3-month or 6-month commitment plan. Monthly fees and registration fees will not be refunded, although full refunds are available for individuals who fall under specific circumstances. Some of these include canceling for a medical reason, pregnancy, or relocation to a place that is more than 15 miles away from a WW studio.

Studio Locations

WW Studios are popping up all over the country but unfortunately, they can’t be everywhere. If you are interested in the Workshop program, make certain that there is a studio close to you. A lot of the benefits within this program come by visiting these studios. There is the Digital option or the Coaching option but that leaves you with the basic service or the expensive service.

The Bottom Line

Weight Watchers’ new Freestyle system has evolved into a user-friendly, digitized resource for those looking for fitness advice. It offers many features to its customers, even in the Digital plan. Prices are higher than average but for those desperate for support and are in a financial place to afford it, then it is a good option. For those who are just looking for fitness community or expert advice on meal plans, there are plenty of other options out there to serve specific needs.

Overall, the company offers quality services and have been in the diet industry for many years. Analyze what kind of support and/or resources you need before signing up. Make sure that you will need or use all of the provided features to make it worth it.

Melissa Giddings

November 13th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought I was ready for this but I wasn’t. As easy it is to use the app it was still very overwhelming.

Picnicky82

November 13th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used weight watchers to lose over 40 pounds. 3 years later I have kept the weight off because with learned good eating ha it’s through weight watchers.

Betty

November 10th, 2020 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. What more could I ask for! I love the mobile app. It is super easy to use and helps me keep on track with my weight.

Pcander

November 4th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been a member of weight watchers for 20+ years and have been successful in losing weight when I stick to it.

Morgan whiting

October 2nd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love weight watchers. I was able to lose 45lbs and keep it off. I love the weekly checkins. It keeps me on track.

Brittany Wilkinson

September 13th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weights Watchers makes weight loss a little easier. It is super convenient to have the app on your phone and know what foods you can eat that won't hurt your weight loss journey.

Tagg

September 11th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers makes it easy to eat foods you normally do with their point system. It isn't necessarily healthier food, just better portions.

Kim Young

September 9th, 2020 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a very reasonable, doable program. The app and online support is user-friendly and - most importantly - the program works.

AF

September 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Losing weight in a healthy way is so hard! I think Weight Watchers is a healthy approach to losing weight. I had success a few years ago when I joined. I liked the group that I was apart of, and think the way they did the points was good.

Yvonne

September 6th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used this and am using this service now. I love how easily it is to learn and implement into my daily life. I love to eat real food. I’ve learned how to eat healthier & enjoy that this is a program that you can take anywhere with you whether you stay home or travel this simply works.

Shante Reeder

September 4th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers is such a great starting point for people who are looking to loose weight, but don't know much about nutrition. I loved how much flexibility I had while doing WW, and that I was still able to eat normal food.

Myken

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Weight Watchers on and off over the years. I think it's a great program and I appreciated the engagement and support of the employees/mentors. The weekly weigh in's with encouragement from the staff were a huge part of my success.

JStel

March 11th, 2020 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After studying integrative nutrition for one year (now certified to health coach), I returned for a short trial of the WW program during summer 2019. I joined not only to boost my personal success in weight loss, but also to compare the newly revised methods and mission of WW against my personal knowledge relating to health and weight loss. I was very pleased! There is a much improved emphasis on healthier nutrition and balance, and greater attention to other critical aspects of weight loss outside of what goes in our mouths. I walked away 10 pounds lighter, and with a new ability to recommend WW to individuals who choose to follow a more controlled weight loss program. Hooray for WW's!!

cb

March 6th, 2020 Thibodaux, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I currently use the app to try and lose weight and it is amazing! It scans items and keeps track of what you eat so you don't have to worry about going over and ruining your diet!

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a life time weight watchers member. It worked for me. Did not feel deprived and made it easier to keep off.

Kimsreview

March 4th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use weight watchers app and love it. It is so easy to use and monitor what you are eating. I love that it can scan items and give you the points immediately. They have done a great job with making the app easy to use and intuitive.

Rocio Diaz

March 3rd, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very motivational program and the point system makes it very easy to keep up with. Once off of it it is very hard to keep the weight off. Not long term diet plan.

Linda Webb

March 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight watcher is a great resource for loosing weight. This program really works and is worth the money

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae)

February 29th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the only online app that I Wouk do recommend to anyone. It’s the best way to track what you’re eating and be able to still go out and lose weight.

Aidan Keogh

February 28th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have only used Weight Watchers online. For the money all I really was able to use was there app which counted calories. I felt like there were many other apps available which I didn't have to pay for that did exactly the same thing or did it even a little better.

Mark Wells

February 27th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I may have just started with my program, but I'm already seeing results. When I started I was almost 300 pounds. I'm now down to 280 thanks to the point program that is helping me watch what I eat.

Julie Taylor

February 23rd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just did the Weight Watchers online and I didn't feel that it was worth the money. There are many online trackers that are available that have no cost for the same service.

Shauna Horne

February 23rd, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers has a really good program. The knowledge I gained has been helpful in my daily eating routine and I like that there is flexibility in the foods you can eat.

Adria

February 22nd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always had success with weight watchers. Can eat a lot of the same food I typically eat and I lose weight

Eddie Rios

February 22nd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers is a simple and effective tool for diet meal panning and dieting in general. It helped me form new healthier eating habits and allowed for easy tracking of nutrition and points. They have an easy to follow system that helps in weight loss, improved health, and better eating habits overall.

JDWain

February 22nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the weight Watchers app and it is quite affordable. Helped me realize how bad of choices I was making before using weight Watchers and helped me lose weight fast!

Jessica

February 21st, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight watchers is the only diet plan I have been able to lose weight on. I love how easy the new app is to track your points.

Syl

February 21st, 2020 North Port, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would recommend Weight Watchers to everyone! I have join Weight Watchers in the past and I have always been very happy with my results. I joined again last year. The meetings are very boosting and helpful to me. The staff is awesome! I love the app for my phone.

Jaci Rhoades

February 20th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tried this app for a few months. For me, it was not worth the price. you have to do a lot of homework and study what foods have what points and make sure you don't go over your points. I much rather prefer a low-carb diet/Mediterranean diet.

Jami Lucas

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did this program after I had my 3rd child and was grateful that it was so easy to follow and allowed so much freedom.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers is an awesome diet plan. It helped me eat the right portions with the right focus on calories, sugar, and carbs intake. The portions are tasty and filling. The plan is also easy to follow. I lost quite a bit of weight on the meals for sure.

take7

February 19th, 2020 Sandy, UT

Helped me discipline myself and get the headstart I needed to my healthy lifestyle journey... healthy eating journey. I like that its real food and not dieting where I'm leaving things I enjoy out but taking the time to plan and consciously count and realize what I'm eating and how much of it! Grateful to have it. I no longer use it but it works. I learned a lot of good things that have helped me maintain that lifestyle today.

Molly Keogh

February 19th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did Weight Watchers and did the program where you were able to just use the app. It made me much more aware of what I was eating. I think that their are many other apps out now that do the same thing that you don't have to pay for.

Braylyn Linford

February 19th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are great if you are self disciplined in doing and following their plans. It’s a great way to lose weight and change a lifestyle

Kim Kunz

February 13th, 2020 Fallbrook, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great program but a little expensive. I loved the in-person meetings but there arent very many options near me. The online version wasn't as efficient for me.

Michelle Schow

February 10th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the Weight Watchers point system because I don’t feel as restricted. I can still eat foods I enjoy (within reason) if I balance it with other healthy choices.

Reckholdt

February 6th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight watchers is great. I feel like it is pretty easy to stick to because you can theoretically eat whatever you want. I have known a lot of people who have been very successful. I tended to eat more snacks and less healthy foods just because i could for the points m, so I wasn’t as successful at reaching my goals.

Danielle Powell

February 5th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is no longer the complicated plan it uses to be. It's much easier to find points online and the mobile app helps get you encouraged

Christyan Bennett

February 5th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight Watchers Dietary Plans helped me to loose 25 pounds in about 2 months. I was so impressed with the results and would recommend it to anyone in search of a fast and easy way to loose weight!

Lindsay

February 1st, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can not say enough good about Weight Watchers!! I’ve been an online only member for over two years and consistently kept off 35 pounds!!!

kayshel

January 31st, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think WW is an excellent plan to help in losing weight. The plan is sensible and the support helps a lot.

Cara McAffee

January 29th, 2020 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The food is surprisingly very good for the low calories that are included. I have lost 10 pounds since being on weight watchers and it’s a very nice way to control your diet

Cam McClellan

January 26th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I lost weight when going on weight watchers. It is super easy to assign points and eat the foods you are used to eating, just less of them. I would highly recommend.

Allison Campbell

January 24th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight watches is an amazing program to lose weight in a short amount of time. It helped me lose about 20 pounds within 3 months.

Madison Kneiss

January 22nd, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weight watchers definitely works if you work the program. It is expensive for the little you receive as far as going to meetings and having the app. $30 month for those things is a little high in my opinion.

Zac Cannon

January 18th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did Weight Watchers briefly while I was prepping for a summer of Drum corps to lose a few extra pounds to get in shape for a long summer of running and rehearsing. It helped to jump start my weight loss and made my summer easier on my body. My parents and I all benefitted from the program.

Malayah

January 15th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been on weight watchers for a while now and I’m very close to reaching my goal. Even when I want to eat not-so-healthy food, weight watchers keeps me in check. I love the prize feature.

Laurie Massie

January 14th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been doing WW for almost 3 years. I’ve lost 35 lbs, and have been able to keep it off. It works!

Dayjah

January 10th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not actually work, they false advertise and use actors for their things. Definitely would not recommended

Sarah Russie

January 3rd, 2020 Clearfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Flexible plans that teach you how to view food and eating situations properly. Long term, though, you will likely hit a plateau before reaching your goal weight, then be stuck dieting just to try to maintain for the rest of your life. If you go off the diet, weight gain will be higher than start weight. Still needs better balance in order to solve health and weight issues long term.