With over 45 years in the weight loss industry, Nutrisystem offers easy meal prep without having to track points or calories. The Nutrisystem mission is to “...help you transform your life inside and out...” The meal plans start at $10.18 per day with the choice of pre-set meal plans or the option to customize the food you get each month.

Personal Trainer Food chevron_right
Hello Fresh chevron_right
Weight Watchers chevron_right

The Good

• Four Weight Loss Plans
  • NuMi App
  • Maintain Your Weight
  • Referral Program

Four Weight Loss Plans

Nutrisystem offers four weight loss plans that build on each other as you move from the cheapest option up. All programs last four weeks, they consist of six small meals a day, and on average, increase weight loss to one to two lbs a week.

• Basic — This plan costs $10.18 per day with a pre-selected menu without the option to customize.
  • Core — This plan costs $11.07 per day and gives each customer the option to customize their meal plan from over 100 food options. It also includes access to counselors, dieticians, and health tools.
  • Uniquely Yours — This plan costs $12.50 per day, includes the resources from the Core plan but gives customers more freedom to choose their meals. They can choose from over 160 options from both frozen and non-frozen meals.
  • Uniquely Yours Plus — This plan costs $13.93 per day and includes everything from the Uniquely Yours plan but also offers 28 protein shake options.
    Nutrisystem has several additional meal plans specifically for men, those with diabetes, and a vegetarian option.

NuMi App

NuMi is the official Nutrisystem mobile app. It is free to download and syncs with your account and customizes the features to your meal plan. It offers community challenges, a barcode scanner for logging food, reminders to keep you on track, daily tips and inspiration, an all-inclusive place to track your weight, water intake, and physical activity.

Maintain Your Weight

Nutrisystem Success is designed for those who have reached their weight loss goal and now just want to maintain it. Customers will continue to eat their favorite Nutrisystem meals and snacks as they learn to incorporate healthy habits on their own. You have the option to make dinners on your own, weekends on your own, or breakfast and dinners on your own. This transition plan includes the following:

• 10 color-coded, pre-measured food containers, and guide
  • Customized meal plan
  • Access to Nutrisystem meals and snacks

Referral Program

One of the best features Nutrisystem has to offer is its referral program. When a customer refers a friend, the friend will get $100 off their order and the customer who referred them will also get $100 off their next order. Even better is that there is no limit to how many friends you can refer. Each friend will save $100 but if you refer three friends you save $300 on your order.

The Bad

• Eligibility
  • Cancellation Fee and Exchanges

Eligibility

Before you purchase a weight loss meal plan from Nutrisystem, first ensure that the food they offer will not agitate a pre-existing medical condition. As listed in the Nutrisystems Terms and Conditions, individuals who fall under one of the categories are not eligible for the weight loss diet:

• Women who are pregnant
  • Those allergic to soy, peanuts, or latex
  • Individuals who have anorexia or bulimia
  • Those suffering from chronic kidney disease
  • If you require a gluten-free or ketogenic diet

Cancellation Fee and Exchanges

In order to cancel your plan, you must call the toll-free number. If you cancel after the 14 days but before the first four weeks before the next auto-delivery, you will be charged $125. This is for the discount you received when signing up for the auto-delivery option.

Exchanges are available within 30 days of your order as long as the product is unopened. Allow 14 days for Nutrisystem to process the return. This may affect your meal schedule so plan accordingly.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Nutrisystem offers a wide variety of easy prep meals that are low in calories and will provide your body with the nutrients it needs. While it is a little pricey, it completely takes the guesswork out of meal planning. If you are someone who lives with a medical condition, please do your research on the ingredients and/or speak with a Nutrisystem representative. As per most companies, cancellation and exchanges can be a bit of a hassle. For those looking for something simple and straightforward, this is a diet plan you should consider.

4.1

Keron Grey

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I love the book with all the shakes that are in there, it gives me the chance to have a variety in my smoothies and my meal planning.

Hunter Brister

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nutrisystem provides delicious foods that are healthy for you on a specified subscription time. I would recommend using Nutrisystem.

cb

March 6th, 2020 Thibodaux, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tried Nutrisystem last year and I've lost 30 pounds! Very tasty meals that aren't hard to make at prices that won't leave you broke.

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did nutrisystem for 3 months and lost 30 lbs. I did the cheapest plan and did not enjoy the dinner and lunch food. The breakfasts and snacks were delicious. I

Teagan hickman

March 1st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I did nutrasystem a couple years ago and lost 30 pounds really in a matter of 3months...

take7

February 26th, 2020 Sandy, UT

Has many menu meal dietary needs options for subscribers. The portions are great and the food was fine. I didn't stick with it because it wasn't cost effective for me but it did help me jumpstart my weight loss so that I could continue on my own. Helped me see portion sizes and control.

JDWain

February 22nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Nutrisystem and it works great! they send you all the food youll need for the duration of your plan and you just eat what you have. I find a pitfall a lot of people fall into is that they are eating extra besides what Nutrisystem send you and then wonder why it didn't work.

Eddie Rios

February 22nd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nutrisystem is great for their diet plans. The meals are easy to buy, and stay on the diet plan. The food is tasty and economical. You also don't crave desserts as they provide good options. The nutritional value and health improvements are the best results from Nutrisystem. Highly recommended by our family!

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nutrisystem is by far the best diet plan meal program out there. Portion sizes are big and filling. But most importantly is the right nutritional balance for healthy weight loss. It teaches you a new way to view food and portion size that helps in weight loss. Great for the price, well worth it.

Kellen

February 20th, 2020 Layton, UT

It works great for me. Has helped me lose forty pounds and taste really good too.

Mykahla Nelson

February 19th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not recommend this company! I found this was a really hard to follow the food plan and I did not like some of the food!

Toni Baker

February 15th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love nutri system's I lost so much weight on their the food was great everything was funding good and love to try it again

Jami Lucas

February 9th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I decided to try this diet after my last baby and lived how easy it was and how yummy the food was.

Makayla Manus

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

The Nutrisystem diet plan worked really well. I lost weight and still got to eat foods I love.

Mikayla Ralston

January 28th, 2020 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I used Nutrisystem for a couple months a few years ago. We did lose weight, but after a week or so of eating the meals, we were very tired of eating the food. It wasn't the best. It was tough to make it through a month.

Madison Kneiss

January 27th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

VERY SATISFIED WITH THIS SYSTEN FOR WEIGHT LOSS AS WELL AS HEALTH GOOD TASTE BIG SELECTION AT COMPATIBLE PRICE

Sarah Russie

January 3rd, 2020 Clearfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not very balanced and the food is very over preserved and caused me health issues. If you follow it to a T you will lose weight, but plan on it hurting your health in the long run. They do a good job of teaching people to properly view portions and how to make a complete meal, though.

Michelle W

December 4th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

Nutrisystem is extremely easy to follow, and it helps you keep track of the food you should and shouldn't be eating. Very effective and helped me drop that 10 pounds I couldn't get rid of!

Connor

November 28th, 2019 Farmington, UT

Nutrisystem is so easy because they send ready-made meals. They are portioned out and are pretty delicious and easy to warm up, etc.

Martha Gourley

November 25th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased Nutrisystem one time. I brought it home and opened the box. When I started looking at each box, I knew it was not for me. I just could not eat all that dried up, reconstituted food.

Aliza Henline

September 28th, 2019 Provo, UT

Food is too small and too processed! Might make you lose weight but not good for you :(

Sage Robertson

August 3rd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really love the Nutrisystem diet program. They have great prices and great customer service.

Mazi Marcel Womack

July 19th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have only heard good things about Nutrisystem so I decided to use it myself. So far so good, and I am getting great results.

matthew

July 2nd, 2019 Logan, UT

my father in law does this and he loves it. he's always eating different food and he actually enjoys them. I’ve eaten the food and tried it personally and it works very well and the food actually is super great. Helps me eat a portion for my self and not over eat. its a good way to loose weight and not worry about cooking. kinda expensive but worth it if you want to loose weight and still eat good food.

Whitney Stanko

June 28th, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super great way to loose weight and also not have to cook food. Food is actually good and there is a variety. Glad you can say what you don't want in your food if you don't like something.

Rosann Stanko

June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I tried Nutrisystem for several months and only lost the basic 5 pounds. I also felt a lot of the food started to taste like tomato sauce. It’s a wonderful idea and I liked the portion control the best because then I wasn’t eating too much food each day. A few of the meals were not good at all, but the customer service department gave me credit for those meals when I called in. I also visited with a counselor to help get ideas to lose more than the basic 5 pounds and they had great ideas, but I still wasn’t able to lose more weight.

Rylie Crandall

June 27th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Nutrisystem because I liked how I didn't have to put in a lot of effort into meal planning because they did everything for me.

Jason

June 27th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nutrisystem wasn't my favorite because I didn't feel like it was very effective for me.