Beachbody Logo

Beachbody

8.0

Beachbody was started in 1998 and provides a variety of exercise programs mixed with diet systems to increase weight loss. Now with Beachbody On Demand, the company continues to grow and expand its fitness solutions.

The Good

• Multiple Weight Loss Programs
  • Combines Diet with Fitness

Multiple Weight Loss Programs

Beachbody offers a plethora of weight loss options. These include portion control, meal replacements, and educational materials. Below is a brief explanation of each one along with the starting price and system contents.

Shakeology
This option includes a variety of shakes that are packed with protein, probiotics, and many other nutrient-rich ingredients. Each flavor comes in either a 30 serving bag or 24 single serve packets. Prices start at $129.95 per item. Shakeology also offers taste samplers, combo packs, challenge packs, and the option to alternate two flavors. This option is designed for individuals who are looking for a way to lose either a small or large amount of weight.

3-day refresh
The 3-Day Refresh was developed for those who are looking to lose a few pounds quickly. It is projected to help individuals kick start their healthy lifestyle while feeling revitalized. Packages start at $69.95 and include six packets of Vanilla Fresh, three packets of Fiber Sweep, a Program Guide, and a bonus Maintenance Guide.

2B mindset
2B Mindset Kit is a video-based program that teaches you behavioral habits when it comes to eating. It promises to help customers lose weight while still being able to eat their favorite foods. Packages start at $119 and go up to $200.

Ultimate Portion Fix
This system is designed to help with portion control and add variety to your meals. Color-coded containers are given to assist in eating enough of the right food type. It also includes cookbooks, a logbook, and workouts that will help you get the most out of this style of weight loss. The Base Kit starts at $119 and goes up to the Combo Challenge Pack at $245.

Beachbody Ultimate Reset
The Ultimate Reset Kit is a gentle cleanse over a 21-day period to help your body restore its natural functions. This system comes with six supplements, program and nutrition guide, Beachbody Coach support, caddy, and a bracelet. The base kit starts at $199.95 and can reach up to $349.95.

Combines Diet with Fitness

A handful of the weight loss programs include access to some of the top workout guides Beachbody has to offer. The Ultimate Portion Fix offers a 21-Day Fix system that includes the color-coded portion containers with simple fitness workouts to optimize your results.

The Bad

• Too Many Options
  • Website Is Hard to Navigate

Too Many Options

While there is definitely a diet plan for everyone, having so many to choose from can be confusing and overwhelming. Each has their own set rules, guidelines, and options and it makes it difficult to know which one will be the best option for you.

Website Is Hard to Navigate

As you click around the website for information, many of the links will take you to a page with a completely different layout, all with a 90’s retro feel. The cleanest and easiest layout is at www.teambeachbody.com. You will notice that this is a completely different web address from an initial google search which takes you to www.beachbody.com. In addition, Shakeology also has its own web address. The more time you spend clicking through the links you will see that a lot of the programs can be combined, but there is no easy way to view all of the different exercise and diet combinations.

The Bottom Line

Beachbody is a well-known fitness company with great resources. For those sincerely interested in its product line, be sure to do your research. Call the support center to ensure that you are getting the best option for your weight loss goal. Overall, it provides in-depth products but lacks the web organization and design needed for a user-friendly experience.

Amber Thompson Show Low, AZ

I LOVE this company! I have been a long time customer, the new app where you can choose from many different workouts is so perfect! The instructors and workouts are always fun and new!

The Voice Over Closet Anaheim, CA

They have such fun workouts on the website! And they have tons and tons of options, everything from yoga to pilates and weightlifting, and they have all different levels of difficulty!

Sicely Lyn Russell Chandler, AZ

I only use Beachbody for workouts and I love them! They have so many options to choose from that it makes it easier for me to work out! It makes me want to work out because I can choose workouts that I like!

Ashton Rogers Fayetteville, AR

I have been using Beachbody for their workouts and I just completed the 80 Day Obsession. I loved the workouts and especially love the fact that its real-time so I can follow along with the cast each day. This makes it so much more enjoyable and it motivates you to do your best. I have gained muscle and feel like I'm in great shape thanks to 80 Day Obsession. I just started another program that Beachbody provides and I plan on doing many more.

Jeff Curtis Mapleton, UT

Tony Horton is the man! Practically everything I know about exercise I have learned from him. Great for at-home learning on your own schedule for a small fraction of the cost of a personal trainer or dietician

Jared Provo, UT

I have used Insanity and P90X multiple times and have enjoyed both! I would change a few things about each of those, but I know Beachbody has different exercise programs that cater to different needs.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

I bought the 21 day fix through Beach Body and loved it so much! I didn't end up ever using the containers, but did love the videos! They were fun to do!

Dayna Brown Logan, UT

Where else can you find this kind of variety of workouts and meal plans all in one place?! Beachbody has something for everyone! For me, I like to switch up my workout routine frequently, otherwise I get bored. It's amazing to have many options that can offer a new challenge!

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

The transformations I have personally seen with friends that use Beachbody are seriously mind blowing! Their transformations have inspired to also start Beachbody. This program definitely works if you do it! The workouts are fun and there are many programs to choose from so you don’t get bored.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

I have tried Beachbody and find that the diet meal plans are a great partner to the workouts. The meal plans keep the nutrition high for great energy. And makes the for satisfying taste. The meal plan keeps track of calories and sugar intake. I like that they have already done the work so I can avoid dietary issues and have greater success staying fit and healthy.

kylie bodell North Salt Lake, UT

I absolutely love the workouts that Beachbody has to offer. Being a mom of four young kids it’s helpful to workout at home with the Beachbody on demand. It has so many different workouts that are unique and fun. My absolute favorite Beachbody workout is liift 4! I have seen amazing results with this workout program, and it has definitely been a lifesaver for this mom!

Monica Dobbins Wichita, KS

From Shakeology to their workout programs, I can’t say enough positive things about them. They do make it so easy to help you stay healthy. They even gave an app that you can take on the go to access all of their workout programs online. No dvds necessary anymore!!! Several of these programs have helped me to get back into shape after moves and children. I love this company!!

Christi Gilbert Gettysburg, PA

I like the app with a variety of work outs to choose from at a variety of difficulty levels.

take7 Sandy, UT

Love their workouts. Never tried their other products. It's nice to have when you can't get to the gym and still want to get a good burn for your workout of the day. It can be easily adjusted to my slower lighter level too. Good for me to buy and have forever.

Brittney Miskin Riverton, UT

I love beachbody! They have so many health and fitness options, there really is something for everyone. Their diet and exercise plans teach you add healthy eating and exercise into your life in such a way that makes it a lifelong change, not just a fad.

Wmosmith12 Smithfield, UT

I like Beachbody. They have such a variety of different workouts for all abilities. I like the streaming and find they have great products.

Jennifer Wilson Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a Beachbody fanatic. I do all the programs over and over. Beachbody gives me the best at home workouts. I can find any type of program I want on BOD. The trainers are amazing g and I love their product.

Kimi Bayles West Valley City, UT

Beachbody has the most convenient and easy diet plan to follow! All the guess work and counting isn’t a problem now that I’m using the portion containers. and best of all, it fits perfectly into my lifestyle!

Nick Hansen Eagle Mountain, UT

I loved spending regular time working out with Tony Horton in the P90X video series. When I was regular with that program and followed the diet plan, I had a six pack for the first time in my life.

Hallieford West Valley City, UT

I really like the Beach Body work out DVD’s. I do 10 minute workout with some yoga ...and Rockin’ Body make it fUN! .... and husband has done INSANITY with Shawn T. For years. It’s a crazy hard good workout !!

Summer Cerritos, CA

I have beach body’s on demand workout subscription. I love the workouts. The only thing I don’t like is that the female’s on the workouts often have very sexy outfits. It’s makes me uncomfortable.

BMF Smith Washington, DC

The Beachbody products work if you use them. I have purchased several items from the company, which have included dumbbells, a multi-function bench, and a Max-Trainer. All have worked flawlessly.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I love the videos. Honestly they work really good. I don’t love the price. It works if you use it and it is fun. I especially like the country dancing one’s and I’ve never country danced in my life. I would change the price if I could but it does work so I guess it’s worth it

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I purchased the BeachBody workout DVDs, and they sent me a specific diet plan included with my purchase. I followed it diligently for weeks. I really enjoyed their recovery drink (orange). It really helped me recover from workouts. My only complaint is the price. It was just too much for me to sustain.

Ashley Johnson Las Vegas, NV

Good variety of workouts available. Love my man Shawn T especially!! A little overpriced for what they provide, though.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I love Beachbody! Their bars are delicious. I didn't love the shakes as much as I have other ones I have tried but they were satisfying. I do love their work-outs and the large variety to choose from.

Barbara Matthews West Jordan, UT

2B mindset is the bomb. It’s worked better for me than anything I’ve tried. I love the simplicity and that it is something I can do for my whole life.

russbayles West Valley City, UT

Have done Beachbody off and on for years now. Love the Beast workouts and currently doing Hard Corps. Keep putting out good workouts. The Beachbody measuring plan has really helped my diet and I keep losing weight.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

I love beachbody. The trainers are great and there are tons of programs available. I love being able to choose what type of workout I want to do each day.

Katie Carver Cheyenne, WY

I love the Beachbody programs! I have been using them for over 10 years. I love that there are so many workout programs available for streaming at a very affordable price.

Connor Farmington, UT

This is very easy to use and implicate into your lifestyle. I like the accountability factors as well as the portions. I'm not an avid user but still implement some of their suggestions into my daily life.

Mary Clarks Summit, PA

I followed the 21 day fix diet and exercise program and lost a little weight but a couple inches which is pretty good I think for such a short period of time.

Had purchased the program for one year. I found it that it was not as motivation as actually being in the gym and interacting with the trainer. I also found it extremely expensive. The local gym charges for classes in a month of only 10. If you wanted the additional stuff it would cost you more. I personally don’t have that type of budget.

Sage Robertson Cedar City, UT

I have had the Beachbody program for over 2 years now. I love being able to work out where ever I need and they have the best workout programs out there.

Charity Bond Smithfield, UT

Pretty good. Very nice to customers but they charge to much for their products, you can buy most of their stuff for cheaper somewhere else

Chris Milke Olney, MD

Used Beachbody videos and nutrition advice intermittently over the years. Videos are great and motivating. Keep up the good work.

MattB Salt Lake City, UT

I love BeachBody workouts and the flexibility they off for me to get my exercise from home anytime. Their recovery shake is one of my favorites.

Kim Kunz Fallbrook, CA

Great program in theory but the workouts and regiments are a little intense for every day people. I don't want to be working out all the time. I just want to be able to get stronger at home. The shakes are expensive.

Camille Lynnwood, WA

Not a fan of the shakes or the portion program. The video library is nice, but I want to own it outright, not pay annually to borrow. I mean, we use them enough to own them, so give us the option!

Seth Managua, MN

This was the most expensive brand I have ever tried. I will give it to them that they have the right ingredients. But there products DO NOT taste good. The just leave a bad after taste. YES it works but it’s not a taste way to get healthy

Justin McMurtrey South Jordan, UT

I’ve used beach body for years and the always had great dvds. We use beach body Ondemand everywhere we go. It’s great to have premium work outs on the go.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I tried the Beach Body diet plans along with their workout DVD's. I really liked their recipes and drinks/shakes. I just couldn't stick with it because of the cost of their products.

Destiny Martinez Wichita, KS

I really enjoyed the videos that were on demand when I first got this. After using it for a few weeks I just wished there were more Zumba videos and I wish there were more stepping videos. That's my only concern.

Tracy Womack Cedar City, UT

My Beachbody program is so easy to use. They have some of the best nutritionists out there and they have workouts for everyone to use.

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

I have had a beachbody subscription for 2 years now and I love it! I love how you can download their workouts on your app for simple work outs.

Allee Wassmer Lehi, UT

Great company love the customer service and enjoy using this company. Always satisfied

Katie Lewis Eagle Mountain, UT

I love Beachbody and the options they have.. they are so easy to work with and the price is perfect. I love the results

Fay Falatea Kaneohe, HI

Great product just gets expensive. Love the health tips and seeing the before and after photos from their weight loss journey.

MaryAnn Nampa, ID

I have recently started using Beach a Body. I’m anxious to see my body get stronger. The app is user friendly, set up was easy, support is great!

Leslie Comstock Orem, UT

Have enjoyed the many different workouts they offer that allows me to challenge myself daily. Try it you’ll like it!