Delta Dental Logo

7.1

Kelly Fisk Puyallup, WA

Compared to other dental insurance companies, Delta Dental has been reliable coverage for our family for more than 10 years. They have decent discounts with our plan for emergency or routine procedures needing completed and are professional when contacted.

jcleaton San Diego, CA

Have had Delta Dental for many years as Dental insurance. Have only good things to say about their coverage and organization. Is there another dental insurance company out there?

tania woeste Saint Cloud, MN

They are very friendly over the phone with answering our questions and it’s nice to have since dental is not covered on my husbands insurance for himself. They are also very reasonable in their pricing.

Natalie Brown Boulder, CO

Delta is an alright dental company. They covered quite a bit of my needed dental work, but getting needed work processed through them can be a bit of a hassle. Their rules and restrictions for needed work during a fiscal year were a little annoying also, as some stuff I needed to be done was refused to be paid for. Because of that, I had to pay out of pocket for some of my dental work.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

We have been a customer of Delta Dental for the last 10+years. We have never had any issues with insurance and Delta Dental working together. Our dentists have never had any issues either. Delta Dental has been a breeze to work with.

Syl North Port, FL

I have had Delta Dental since 2003. My communication with the company has been minor, just to request an insurance card. I never had to concern about a claim or wait for their approval to get services done.

Melanie Rio Rancho, NM

Delta Dental is a decent dental insurance, for the very basics like cleanings, but when you think you’ll go in to get fillings or dental work done and it will be covered, you end up walking out with a hundreds or thousands dollar bill to pay.

Gail Strother Bentonville, AR

I had recent dental work done that needed to have approval for coverage before the procedure. Delta Dental was quick and efficient. The customer service team was friendly and helpful

Darcy Chavez Provo, UT

Great coverage and they helped me a ton when I went to a shady dentist's office in Utah. They overcharged my insurance on three separate occasions and Delta helped me get that money back and fight the claims.

So we have the family plan. this was also the only company that would sell us a plan that was reasonable. we do have copay and deductibles but your plan is excepted at our dentist office and with the price as well as your work with our dentist is the main reason we are paying our annual fee for the third year now thank you for providing the basics at a reasonable cost and the extra stuff is something you work with us with.

Kristiane R Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

We had Delta Dental Insurance for a few years and we never had any problems with them making claims. They had comparable rates to other companies that we have had and they accepted our Dentist. We pleased with them overall.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had Delta Dental for years with our employee insurance coverage and they have been great to work with. They cover a great deal of our expenses and helped out with our braces too. They pay quickly and do a great job!

Cris Balmanno Riverton, UT

I've never had a problem with billing or anything else. They pay the dentist quickly and the coverages are good.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

2 free cleanings a year and 1 free X-ray, not bad price-wise, and I've found that most dentists accept it

Brian Jensen Donna, TX

I have moved from Iowa to Texas. Delta Dental Iowa told me I needed to by a policy in Texas, so I did. When I went to the dentist they told me I had a 6 month waiting period. Nobody told me that at either insurance company when I cancelled and signed up for the new insurance. In fact the people I talked to said the opposite. Delta Dental advertises "No waiting period" So I feel I have been lied to and had I known I had a waiting period I would have found other insurance. They get one star only because I can't give them less.

Sarah Jarrett

They dental coverage doesn’t actually cover very much basic routine cleaning and that’s pretty much it. They don’t cover orthodontic work which I feel they should cover.

Kenneth Bouldin

Delta Dental was my Tricare dental insurance company. Good rates, had the best local dental office, no problems with paperwork or billing.

John J Silver Spring, MD

Everything that an insurance company can do wrong, Delta Dental does wrong. Refusing to cover procedures that the insurance covers is standard procedure at Delta - they just refuse everything and force the patient to recoup to money Delta owes them. Delta take months, literally, to process anything, including time-sensitive issues. Delta Dentals customer service line is Dante's 3rd level. Just inhuman idiots working the phones over there, whom will refuse to help you with anything regardless of circumstance. It's worse than Comcast. So, in short, do not spent a dime on Delta Dental.

Bob and Barb Portland, OR

I have been with Delta for over 45 years through company benefits. They have almost alwayus been a very good company to work with.

Gary & Corliss Connelly Boca Raton, FL

Easy to deal with and good follow up. I have had Delta Dental for over 20 years and have never had a problem with payments for services.

Bertha Graves Riddle, OR

Cleaning, filling, crowns, we have been going to this dental practice for 10+ years and we have had grest care and Delta has been good with the coverage for our care.

KKin Preston, ID

I used delta dental for my dental services and they were really great to work with. They are who my employer uses and they are very user friendly

Mark Park City, UT

I have had Dental Insurance through Delta Dental in the past, because that's about what we could afford. The experience was ok, although it was very confusing at times when it came to coverage.

Jack and Thelma Unangst Cave Creek, AZ

always does a fine job at paying excess billing above our co-pay. We have been with them for years and have never had a problem with service. Dependable and fair.

Kim , NC

Their premiums are inexpensive. However there is a 6 month waiting period if you need anything done other than a routine exam or cleaning. They also pay less than 50% of any other procedure.

Julie Taylor Ogden, UT

We have had Delta Dental for several years now. The coverage has always been good. They are quick to pay benefits and let us know if we have a portion to pay.

Mhorne182 Pleasant Grove, UT

Every dental insurance I have had seems to be very similar. Delta has always paid my claims on time and we have not had any major issues so I assume they are a good company. But benefit seems to be pretty standard.

TJ

Never had a problem with them. Always covered routine dental care

Jessie

Very professional, good customer service

NR

Covers my basic dental needs. Gets the job done. Not sure what else. I have never had an issue therefore I cannot really comment on customer service.

Sarah Smith

Great price. My dentist is the best I've ever had. Improve by having more uniform good care and service from all providers.

S.Faith

Great with claims and covers all aspects of dental. Lower out of pocket & covers most dental practice.

John

Delta has not paid for treatment that is covered in my dental plan, calling just connects me to unhelpful people. Delta does not even have a qualified person to review the case with my dentist.

Connie Budick City of Saint Peters, MO

Good when I can find a Dentist that will take it. Need it close to home I'm looking now for a new Dentist.

Bill Judge Oxford, NC

Excellent! Best coverage for the money. Dental office was impressed with amount paid for authorized services.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

The have the same coverage as most dental insurance companies but Delta can be a pain in the butt. It took 8 months for them to process a retainer request. They said if I did x,y,z I could get it approved and I did that and they still did not approve it. Such a waste of time.

Alexis Hirschi Salt Lake City, UT

They have been a good insurance company. I was not ever a fan of having to assign myself to a specific dentist in a list of only certain options, but prices were good for what I got.

Leisha Logan, UT

Delta Dental was great to work with and we had great coverage for many years. Now I’m self employed, so I pay out of pocket for dental cleanings.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

Delta Dental's coverage is reliable and cost effective. I have never had a problem getting my dental care costs covered.

Nicole Balvanz Iowa Falls, IA

The company is okay. I don't have any other option to go with besides Delta Dental. They don't cover a lot of necessary stuff, which ends up being very expensive for me and my family in the long run. Not very happy with Delta Dental.

chmills1cm San Antonio, TX

The new Delta dental I have from Virginia is well worth it and even covers now I think my employer made a good choice with this one

Deanna Moore Dumfries, VA

Very happy with my dental insurance from Delta Dental. The coverage is easy to understand, and their customer service team is efficient.

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

Delta Dental has been our Dental insurance for several years. They have good coverage and are quick to pay benefits and to explain there reasoning.

Shedot1 Clearfield, UT

If you can find a provider you like that takes Delta Dental it’s great! Never had a problem, but not sure how policies differ. I like our dentist but he’s 30 min away.

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We were happy to see numerous options for dentists that took Delta Dental in our area. We have been very happy with our provider and with the service we have received. Would recommend.

Rebecca Harvey Long Beach, MS

This dental insurance is super affordable and they covered a lot of my oral surgery I needed. I was very grateful to this company!

Connor Farmington, UT

They cover a lot and include a lot of perks. They are easy to use at the dentists as well and have great customer care and interaction.

JF Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

PPO only, HMO is JUNK. decent coverage for the premiums. max annual benefit is too low for family with moderate usage. wish could get electronic EOB only

Anthony Sgambati Rocklin, CA

We’ve had Delta Dental insurance for decades! Always very clear explanations of benefits and helpful staff when I have a question.

Ron Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

I am not happy with my Delta Dental plan. I am forced to use them through my employer. I have been waiting for two years to get an answer from them on my implant. I think they just wait for patients to get exhausted to verify coverage so they don't have to cover patient care needs. If possible get any dental insurance company out there besides Delta.