Since 1999, New Era Debt Solutions has resolved over $200 million in debt. The company has hundreds of 100 percent completed client cases, and an average completion time of only 27.73 months—a shorter average than most debt companies. According to the company’s website, New Era settles the debt for approximately 43.73 percent of the enrolled balance and the average consumer will save 56.27 percent.

Rank Chart
New Era Debt Relief Reviews | BestCompany.com
15%-25%
None
6.5

The Good

• Free Consultation
  • Work with a Certified Credit Counselor
  • Offers Debt Counseling in Spanish

Additional Services Offered

If debt settlement isn’t right for you, New Era Debt Relief has several other debt relief options they can help you with. Filing for bankruptcy, debt consolidation, and debt reduction are a few of the programs offered.

Good Reviews Of Customer Service

Reviews explain how New Era’s representatives go above and beyond for clients. Customers love how approachable and helpful representatives are. Many also like how New Era’s representatives help customers deal with creditor phone calls.

The Bad

• Missing some major industry accreditations
  • Only available in 43 states
  • No online dashboard for customers to see their progress

Only Works With Unsecured Debt

New Era only settles unsecured debt. Secured debt like federal student loans, car loans, credit union debt, and home mortgages are not eligible for New Era debt programs. This practice is typical in the debt settlement industry.

Lacking Industry Accreditations

The website makes no mention on whether or not they are accredited with AFCC or the FTC. While the site displays an IAPDA accreditation, this is just one of several important accreditations.

Doesn’t Work Nationwide

New Era practices in 43 states and 10 major cities. A list of these available locations are listed on the company’s website.

Want to know which debt settlement companies are top rated? Click here

The Bottom Line

New Era Debt Solutions potentially has some of the lowest prices in the debt settlement industry. The biggest drawbacks of this company are that they do not have a few important industry accreditations and don’t provide as much visibility for your account as other companies.

View Top Rated Companies

X close
X close

1 New Era Debt Solutions Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

June 14th, 2017 Pomona, CA

When we were looking for New Era, the first place we pulled some stuff off was in ConsumerAffairs and that helped us in our decision to go with them. When my husband and I started last December, New Era said the program would be about three years but we’re looking right at a year and a half because we’ve accelerated our payments. We called them, they explained to us how the program worked and we signed up with them. They took care of all of our accounts for us. What I’ve been happy about was that they were able to get the companies to not contact us right away. So, we haven’t had all the phone calls. Actually, I believe every single one of our accounts is settled now. We’re just paying out what’s left.
    The cost might be a little bit high though. But, we were so eager to get out of debt. I had no time to devote to taking care of all that myself. So, it’s been nice to have somebody there to be able to do it for me and not have the worry on my shoulders. So, the extra cost was worth it because I didn’t have to deal with the companies. I’ve enjoyed working with them. I love how the rep has been available. Any time I need him, I can much call and get a hold of him within 24 hours. And they’re always good and accommodating. When we’ve had to lower our payments one month, or raise our payments another month, they’ve always been so good to work with us on that. We’re not quite out of the program yet but we’re getting near the end. So, we’re very excited to be done with it soon. If anybody were to ask us and say they’re in debt, I would tell them to call New Era because they’ve done it for us and I think they’ll do it for them, as well