Freedom Debt Relief

Call Now Visit Site

Freedom Debt Relief verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $4 billion in debt since their founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. They offer multiple debt services and are available in 38 states. However, they may have potentially higher prices than other companies in the industry.

The Good

• Excellent Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Reviews
  • Online Dashboard

Excellent Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages including:

• Minimum of $7.5k in debt to begin settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of total debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation when a consumer decides to enlist the company's services. One debt consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire settlement process. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. With their level of experience, they know that one of the most important things they can offer consumers is industry accreditations. In fact, according to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining the settlement process, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the settlement process.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts.

The Bad

• Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Potentially High Prices (Up to 25 Percent of Enrolled Debt)

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers services in only 38 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $7.5k.

Complaints

While most of the reviews for FDR are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have include the following:

• It takes too long to settle debts
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, industry experience, thoughtful debt consultants, and more. However, because their price of 20 percent of debt is an average, clients could end up paying more. We recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them, and they are available in your state.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

316 Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

May 22nd, 2015 San Jose, CA

It's only been about 3 month it look like it working

May 21st, 2015 Baltimore, MD

The process has definitely been A bit overwhelming, however if I had a question someone was there to take the time to talk with me and comfort me.

May 17th, 2015 Tampa, FL

Freedom has been great. The customer service is very good. They've listened to my concerns and so far every one has been answered or resolved. I changed all my information as instructed with the creditor and haven't received any nagging calls. It's really been a smooth process. They say is can take four months to start getting settlements and I'm making the monthly payments like I'm supposed to. Really great!

May 15th, 2015 Brighton, MI

Got my first settlement so so Happy! Can't wait until I am debt free thank-you Freedom Debt Relief dor all you have done.

May 14th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I do not see much progress, plus the calls have not stopped. m going nuts with the calls, plus my credit is getting worse and sores, I need some progress. I am considering dropping this program if t does not get better fast

May 13th, 2015 Dayton, OH

I would like to Thank everyone at Freedom for their hard work in helping me and my family become dept free. Once again thank you so much for an awesome job that you do.

May 11th, 2015 San Diego, CA

Do not be fooled by this company. They take your money and pay themselves but do not pay your creditors as they say they will. They lied to me about my accounts and I was involved with one of them in a lawsuit that could result in a judgment against me. People should know that if they are in trouble with a creditor, they can contact them without using a company who charges 21% of the original debt. Companies will work with you, and you can negotiate your own settlements. Horrible company.

May 8th, 2015 Cleveland, UT

I have had a wonderful experience with Freedom Debt Relief thus far. I have been with them less than 6 months and they have already settled one of my accounts. Senior Debt Specialist Kevin Morgan has helped me every step of the way. I am so grateful I have chosen to work with Freedom Debt Relief.

May 7th, 2015 Miami, FL

I found the customer service was exceptional.

May 6th, 2015 Hamburg, NY

I couldn't be more happy. Anytime I need answers they were there for me. Freedom Debt Relief is a company I would highly recommend to family and friends or anyone who need debt relief this company is goes up and beyond to help you.

May 5th, 2015 Saint Louis, MO

FDR staff are wonderful. They told me to sit back and let them do their jobs and they would take care of everything for me--and they have!

May 4th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

After some confusion in the way some of the material was handled, freedom came through for us in an outstanding way!

May 2nd, 2015 Reynoldsburg, OH

I have no real basis for rating. I am pleased to see there is progress. I look forward to the elemination of Citibank and their robocalls.

April 30th, 2015 El Sobrante, CA

I must say that I was impressed with the immediate response taken with the accounts, they thus far do live up to ad.

April 29th, 2015 Lancaster, PA

There is no worrying and unwanted stress with Freedom, they handle everything for me. I pay into a fund, and when I have enough, they settle my debt.

April 24th, 2015 Grand Rapids, MI

So far great service, told @onset first settlement would be in about 3 months, and we now have our first settlement in 3 months!!! And the best is we settled for about 50% of the debt!!! Thank You, we had not heard much about this process (settlement of debts), but am very happy with this "first". Thank you Tim W

April 23rd, 2015 Cottage Grove, MN

It is going well. I am wondering if we can settle the home depot account.

April 22nd, 2015 IL

the experience was fine.

April 21st, 2015 Rochester, NY

Have been very easy to work with and have been willing to be flexible while I was between jobs.

April 20th, 2015 Fresno, CA

I started the program 8 months ago with the thought I would have to put up with approximately two to three months of telephone calls from creditors. Actually at 8 months they have finally started to die down. That was one of the most terrible parts of starting the program. But also during the 8 months one company has been settled with so I have four more. At this stage of participating in the program it is at a peaceful time and I am just waiting until FDR has negotiated with the four other creditors and I will be home free. Thank you because I couldn't have done it on my own.