This company doesn't currently service Virginia

Change your location, or find companies in your state

Debt Relief A La Carte was founded by Jared Strauss, a man who worked in debt collection for years before deciding to put his skills to use helping those struggling with debt. His company and process has an 88 percent success rate (compared to the industry average of 10 percent) but requires a considerable lump sum of money to work.

The Good

• Lowest fees in the industry (10 to 15 percent of enrolled debt)
  • 88 percent success rate
  • 72 day completion time

Lowest Fees

The fees for Strauss’s service are some of the lowest in the industry: he only charges 10 to 15 percent of the amount saved by his clients. This is considerably less than other companies which charge 18 to 25 percent of the total debt.

Shorter Program Time

While many leading settlement companies offer services under the expectation that debts will be resolved in 12-48 months, Strauss states that the average time the process will take is 72 days. This can save consumers a lot of money by cutting down on monthly fees that would have been paid for the program.

Friendly and Professional

Customers have repeatedly and earnestly emphasized Strauss’s friendliness, courtesy, professionalism, and most importantly his ability to deliver impressive results over a short period of time. Some have remarked on how much they appreciated being able to sit in on his company’s calls and participate in the debt relief process personally.

The Bad

• Lacks industry accreditations
  • Larger lump sum of cash required to start than other companies
  • All settlements are run by one man

No Accreditations

One concern that we have with Strauss’s Debt Relief A La Carte is that we could not find any industry accreditations that ensures that the company is operating according to best practices.

Large Sum Of Cash Needed

The biggest potential negative to be aware of when considering Debt Relief A La Carte is the fact that while Strauss’s process seems to work quickly and reliably, it also relies on customers having access to a larger lump sum of cash than other companies. The exact amount required will vary from case to case, but it may be more than some people can afford.

Scalability

The other concern we have with Debt Relief A La Carte is that it is very much a “one-man-band” company that hinges on Jared Strauss. He is able to deliver impressive results, but as far as we can tell, the entire operation depends on him. This calls into question whether or not the company can grow and continue to provide this premium level of service to all of its future customers, as there is only so much one man can do.

Want to know which debt settlement companies are top rated? Click here.

The Bottom Line

Although Debt Relief A La Carte does require more money up front, between the savings, success rate, speed, and customer service, it earns a recommendation from us if you have enough cash on hand to make it work. For those with more limited immediate financial means, it might make sense to look elsewhere. We recommend taking advantage of their free consultation to see if it’s a good fit for you.

View Top Rated Companies

Frequently Asked Questions

How Much Does Debt Relief A La Carte cost?

The company (Jared) offers a much lower percentage settlement fee for services when compared to the average larger debt settlement company. The typical debt settlement company charges on average of 18 to 25 percent of the total of enrolled debt. Debt Relief a la Carte charges 10 to 15 percent. A breakdown of fees can be found on the “About” page of the website.

Can I Get A Free Consultation?

A free consultation is provided upfront to assess each individual’s circumstances and lay out a plan for settlement.

What Types of Debt Does Debt Relief A La Carte Work With?

Debt Relief a la Carte is able to attempt to settle only unsecured loans including medical, credit card, installments, lines of credit, legal bills, collections, deficiency balances on repossessed cars, or even deficiency balances on foreclosures.

What Is the Minimum Debt Amount I Can Sign Up With?

There is no minimum amount of debt required to enroll in services.

More Information

About Debt Relief A La Carte

From once working in the debt collection industry, Jared Strauss now uses his knowledge to help others get out of debt. Jared owns and operates Debt Relief A La Carte. Since 2002, he has helped individuals and families settle millions of dollars in debts. Jared promises that you will have the option of knowing what enrolled accounts will settle before you spend any money.

Price

You will pay a fee of 10 to 15 percent of the total debt you save.

Account Set-Up

• IAPDA accredited: No

Time in Business

Founded in 2002

Minimum Debt Requirement

The website says they have no minimum debt requirement

X close
X close

2 Debt Relief A La Carte Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

January 28th, 2016 Cape Coral, FL

It was a pleasure working with Jared, his customer service is out of this world and the results are very satisfying. He is very knowledgeable about this market and showed this expertise when navigating on though negotiations. At the end of the day my 47K debt was negotiated down to around 15K, plus his service fees. I am very happy with the results and I am on my way to rebuild my credit! Thanks Jared!

2. User Score

October 31st, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

I am writing to express my deep appreciation for your help in settling a judgment I had against me for over 10 years. The amount of the judgment was for 32,000.00 and you managed to settle it for $10,300.00 in approximately 6 weeks. When I decided to do something about this problem, I did much research to try to find the right person to help me with this. I tend to be skeptical, and in truth, it is difficult for me to trust someone that I haven’t met, but I decided to go with you because of the testimonials I read about you. Time and time again, your clients spoke not only about your extensive expertise and professionalism, but also about your honesty and integrity. These two qualities were of outmost importance to me. I can’t say enough about how true the testimonials I read about you were! You far exceeded my expectations! You helped me settle a debt that had been weighing on me for many years, you helped me feel as if I have a new lease on life now, and you did it all with so much professionalism and class. You truly care for your clients; it is rare in today’s day and age to find genuinely nice people like you. I have recommended your services to many people and wish you the best success in life! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Anna G.