CuraDebt

CuraDebt

CuraDebt was founded in 1996 in Irvine, California. They offer affordable pricing, low minimum debt qualifications, and industry experience. However, there are a number of troubling questions surrounding their business practices and ownership that should be carefully considered before enrolling with them.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 9.2 8.7 Read Review
#2 9.0 9.7 Read Review
#3 8.9 9.8 Read Review
#8 6.0 9.8 Current

The Good

• Low Fees
  • Experienced and Accredited
  • Easy to Qualify

Low Fees

CuraDebt offers competitive pricing, charging only 20 percent of a client's debt for their settlement services. This price is slightly lower than many competitors.

Experienced and Accredited

This is one of the longest running debt settlement companies in the industry. CuraDebt has been helping people get out of tough financial situations since 1996. The company holds certificates with major industry accreditations, including the AFCC, IAPDA, and FTC.

Easy to Qualify

CuraDebt only requires $5k or more in unsecured debt to qualify for their services. This is a lower minimum debt requirement than many competitors and allows more people to use their services.

The Bad

• Lack of Transparency
  • Employees
  • Not Available in All States

Lack of Transparency

One main concern with CuraDebt is their lack of transparency. The company is filed in Nevada, but has no offices in the state. Instead, they list an address on their website in Hollywood, Florida in a building owned by Regus. According to Regus, a company that rents virtual and physical office spaces, there are three CuraDebt employees who work there.

While the company does have some ties to the U.S., it appears that most of their operation is located in Columbia.

Employees

According to their website they have ten employees. Due to this small staff, CuraDebt may not be able to handle large caseloads.

Not Available in All States

CuraDebt is only available in 36 states. The states they do not operate in are Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, North Dakota, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and West Virginia.

The Bottom Line

CuraDebt offers many advantages including competitive pricing, accreditations, a money-back guarantee, and 15 years in business. Even so, the company's low number of employees is a serious cause for concern, in our opinion. We do not recommend CuraDebt at this time.

View Top Rated Companies

13 CuraDebt Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

June 14th, 2016 East Orange, NJ

I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CURABEBT AND AM SO IMPRESSED WITH JAMES FREEMAN. HE MADE ME SO COMFORTABLE AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. I FEEL AS IF A LARGE WEIGHT WAS LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS. THANK YOU JAMES

1 1

May 26th, 2016 Waterloo, IA

I spoke to Jiim at CuraDebt and was told of a way to help with my debt problem right away. He was very professional and helped me decide to let them help me turn my problem into something I could live with. Thank you Jim and CuraDebt

May 12th, 2016 Sunnyvale, CA

My experience with CuraDebt was excellent. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and made me feel comfortable. Yamile was especially wonderful to work with. I feel I'm in a much better place now thanks to all of their assistance.

April 21st, 2016 Miami, FL

Curadebt is one of the most courteous, thorough, and professional company I have ever dealt with. They do what they say they are going to do. They keep you informed every step of the way. I can't be more appreciative for what they have done for me.

March 30th, 2016 Manassas, VA

I consulted CuraDebt to help reduce some of my debt through their debt relief program and so far, I don't have any complaints AT ALL. I've been working with Zac and he has answered all my questions, has always responded promptly (within the hour), and has been very informational and educational. He discloses everything about the program and how it would affect me in the short and long long, which provides a lot of comfort and trust for me especially when it comes to my finances and working with a debt provider that I can rely on to guide me in doing the right things. I truly appreciate that I have him as my advisor and that I know I can come to him with any questions. I'm definitely in great hands. Speaking to him, learning about the program, and enrolling into it has definitely put a lot of ease on my finances and emotional health and I wouldn't be where I am without his services and expertise.

February 5th, 2016 Columbus, OH

My experience with Curadebt has been excellent! My Representative was professional and very helpful! He knew how to handle things so well it made the process easy! I highly recommend this service!

February 3rd, 2016 Riverside, NJ

CuraDebt was the answer we were seeking when we ran into the 'credit card debt wall' head on. It was a big step we were taking, especially since it was the unknown. I spoke with Mario the first time I called. He was fantastic! He listened, he explained and he advised. He provided me with valuable information and he told me to understand what we were going to commit to if we decided to go with CuraDebt. Mario did not sugarcoat the process of becoming 'debt-free'. He explained that as long as we were committed, the payoff was worth the time and effort. And he did not lie. Less than 4 years later, we successfully completed the program and it feels like we got rid of a 1,000 pound weight off our chest. I never thought this day would come, but with the backing and guidance of CuraDebt, we have crossed the finish line. But we know it's not over yet. Like an addict, we have to steer clear of the temptation of credit cards. As much as I think Mario & CuraDebt is the best thing since sliced bread, I don't want to have to call them for help ever again. He did his job, and he did it well. Thank you, Mario & CuraDebt....we finally have our peace of mind back.

January 8th, 2016 Newark, DE

(Excellent Debt Elimination Initiation Experience with CuraDebt via James): Recently, after executing extensive research, I selected the CuraDebt Organization to assist me with managing my current debt challenge, based on their top 10 rating, BBB (A+ rating), and the indication of a more enhanced customer focus approach. Well, needless to say, I was not disappointed. Specifically, I currently have had the pleasure of being assigned the Debt Specialist in the name of James, and he is EXCELLENT. When I first filled out my application on line, James made immediate contact with me via phone/e-mail. Ironically, we initially kept missing one another (phone tag), but he was most tenacious and pursued his contact efforts towards a successful end result. Additionally, I found that at the very onset of our professional relationship, it was very easy to engage with James regarding the details surrounding the serious issues (health and family related), which led me to my current financial situation. I immediately felt a sense of empathy on his part, together with a keen sense of the economics impacting this matter. Although the enrollment process required a lot of paperwork and the revealing of very personal financial matters, James made the process appear seamless on my end, which was greatly appreciated, given my current health and stress levels. In completing my documentation and submission package to the appropriate legal entity, James was simultaneously thorough, detailed oriented, efficient in approach/style, but yet compliance driven with respect to associated requirements. In conclusion, James truly represents the CuraDebt tenets in an outstanding/professional manner. I consider myself very fortunate to have him as a support system, during my navigation thru the CuraDebt journey over the next four (4) years. ML, Bear, DE (1-8-2016)

December 17th, 2015 Tampa, FL

After the first minutes talking with James, we knew we where are the right please. James was extremely willing to help us, clarify any kind of doubts or concern regarding the process. More than helpful and patient with our questions. Cura Debt is the leader in client satisfaction because of employees like James a truly asset to the company. His performance and professionalism should be shared with other members of the team and rewarded by management.

December 4th, 2015 Matteson, IL

I've had nothing but a great experience partnering with CuraDebt to help resolve tax burdens for people. The team is responsive and is always there to make sure clients are taken care of in the greatest way.

November 20th, 2015 Festus, MO

I am thrilled with the service Curadebt has provided. It was a real life saver for our family. Our debt will be paid off a year ahead of schedule. Yamille was wonderful to deal with. She explained things I didn't understand so patiently. She was always so supportive, sympathetic, and reassuring. I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks, Yamille!

November 19th, 2015 Bronx, NY

I was assisted by Jim and he went over the process of paying my debt in different scenarios and how my debt was going to be paid. He provided great service and followed up thoroughly. i would recommend him to anyone having debt issues and he also is very knowledgeable. I experienced great customer service with jim.

November 18th, 2015 Nottingham, PA

Katerine T. has done a great job negotiating settlements with our creditors. The settlements so far have been less than the original estimates made by Curadebt. We are not finished yet, hopefully, future settlements will be in the same range. Keep up the good work Katerine.