Freedom Debt Relief

Freedom Debt Relief Logo

Freedom Debt Relief

verified
The minimum debt requirement is $10k

Freedom Debt Relief, a subsidiary of Freedom Financial Network, has resolved over $10 billion in debt since its founding in 2002. The company has considerable industry experience and high customer satisfaction ratings. With all the major industry accreditations, Freedom Debt Relief is a great option for many consumers. Freedom Debt Relief employs professional debt experts to negotiate and settle debt for those suffering financial hardship.

The company offers multiple debt settlement (involves working with creditors to lower total debt owed) and debt consolidation (involves consolidating all customer debt into single monthly payments) services and is available in 34 states.

Freedom Debt Relief charges 20% of your total enrolled debt. To settle a $20,000 debt, that will cost you around $4,000.

The Good

• Excellent Settlement Program and Services
  • Experience and Accreditations
  • Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews
  • Online Dashboard
  • No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

Excellent Settlement Program and Services

Freedom Debt Relief has several great advantages to its debt settlement services including:

• Minimum of $10k in debt to begin debt settlement
  • Average cost is 21.5 percent of the total unsecured debt
  • One representative to work with

Freedom Debt Relief offers a free consultation with a highly trained debt consultant when a consumer decides to enlist the company's debt settlement services. The same debt settlement consultant will remain with the client throughout the entire debt settlement program. If consumers are not satisfied with FDR, the company offers a money-back guarantee.

Experience and Accreditations

As an accredited debt relief company, Freedom Debt Relief (FDR) has over 14 years of experience in the debt settlement industry. Freedom Debt Relief has years of experience standing between the creditor and the customer. Freedom will work to negotiate with every creditor the customer has, in order to secure lower credit card debt (or any type of unsecured debt).

FDR will walk customers through the debt relief process: first, customers will stop making monthly payments to creditors. Instead, customers will make a monthly payment into a separate account, saving a lump sum for debt negotiation (the minimum payment into this account is different for each company). Freedom will then contact each creditor on the customer's behalf.

Unfortunately, this process will affect your credit score. If you miss any minimum payments on your debt, this will decrease your credit score.

Freedom Debt Relief understands the importance of proving its ability to negotiate with creditors by maintaining accreditations. According to multiple surveys we conducted, people value national accreditations, in their debt settlement company, above all other features. FDR is accredited with the AFCC and the IAPDA.

Great Freedom Debt Relief Reviews

Most Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive. They commend FDR for having good customer service, explaining debt management, and keeping them updated on where they are at in the debt settlement program.

Clients with unsecured debt (credit card debt, personal loans, medical debt, student loan debt) usually find that the company can save a large percentage of money that would otherwise go to their creditors. Despite the debt settlement program's tendency to negatively affect credit scores, customers with mountains of credit card debt find it extremely helpful.

Online Dashboard

One feature that sets FDR apart from the rest is a unique and intuitive online dashboard to track clients' pace throughout the program. This helps people to actually see their progress while settling their debts. Such resources let customers make informed decisions that will affect their credit scores.

Not many debt settlement companies in the industry offer such helpful tools. These tools help customers stay ahead of their creditors and tackle every type of debt (whether it's credit card debt, student loan debt, utility bills, etc.).

No Fees Charged Until After Debt is Settled

As opposed to a debt consolidation company which consolidates all of a customer's debt into one monthly payment, debtors approach Freedom Debt Relief as a last resort in order to escape high amounts of debt. Because customers come to FDR in order to escape high payments, the company doesn't charge any fees until after debt is settled with creditors. However, this is true of most debt relief companies, like National Debt Relief and Pacific Debt.

First, customers will open an account through Freedom Debt Relief into which they will put all of their money that would have gone toward paying their debt (this is the main reason why this program hurts your credit score more than debt consolidation).

Next, FDR will use that account to work with your creditors to find a lower total debt to pay (FDR can cut total debt down to 50 and even 30 percent in some cases).

Debt settlement companies make money by charging fees on either enrolled debt or saved debt (fees charged to saved debt are more beneficial for customers). Though its services are highly trusted and thorough, its fees are a bit higher (around 20 percent fees on enrolled debt).

The Bad

• Freedom Debt Relief Cost
  • Limited Availability
  • Complaints

Freedom Debt Relief Cost

One concern with Freedom Debt Relief is their price. Freedom Debt Relief charges $4,000 to settle $20,000 in debt (20 percent of total debt). If Freedom Debt Relief cuts your debt in half, you would end up paying $14,000 instead of $20,000. Users are charged an average of 20 percent of their total debt to use FDR. While this number is in line with their competitors, it is only an average. Customers could end up paying more than this to use FDR.

Current national debt relief trends indicate that debt settlement companies tend to charge a percentage of enrolled debt as opposed to saved debt. This means that the more total debt you have, the more debt settlement companies will charge you.

Although working with a debt settlement company still saves you from paying thousands of dollars to creditors, it's better to work with companies that charge a percentage of saved debt rather than enrolled debt.

So exactly how much will Freedom Debt Relief cost you? It will cost you around 20 percent of your total enrolled debt, but customers will have to have a consultation to get an accurate estimate.

Limited Availability

Freedom Debt Relief offers debt settlement programs in only 35 states. Additionally, the company requires a minimum debt amount of $10k (the amount of which is charged fees of up around 20 percent). Most debt settlement companies will require a minimum amount of debt in order to ensure payout.

A debt settlement company that charges by saved debt will not run into this problem as much. An additional limitation is that Freedom Debt Relief is that the company only works with debtors with unsecured debt. This limitation is understandable since no debt settlement company wants to risk losing its client's homes.

Complaints

While most of the Freedom Debt Relief reviews are positive, there are still several people who have complaints about Freedom Debt Relief. The three main complaints clients seem to have are the following:

• Debt settlement takes too long
  • FDR charges too much for their services, sometimes costing consumers 25 percent of their total enrolled debt
  • People have trouble navigating and logging into FDR's website

The Bottom Line

Freedom Debt Relief offers several outstanding features for anyone looking to settle their debts: all major industry accreditations, ample debt settlement and debt consolidation (consolidated monthly payments) experience, thoughtful and experienced debt consultants, negotiation with each creditor, and more. The company's 20 percent average fees are pretty standard in comparison to other debt settlement companies (like National Debt Relief). However, it does have the potential for higher fees.

FDR's debt negotiation experience is worth the money. Freedom Debt Relief customer reviews relate that the company has saved them thousands of dollars by negotiating with their creditors. We highly recommend using Freedom Debt Relief if you receive a low enough quote from them during your free consultation.

Call our recommended rep over at Freedom Debt Relief below.

Maria Granados
June 15th, 2015 Lehigh Acres, FL

It feels good to see at least one resolved ,can't wait for the next one. This is a big sacrifice for me ,but it will be great to be dept. free . Thank You

Mary
June 12th, 2015 Gilbert, AZ

Very straightforward, stand up company. They take care of everything and contact me regularly to see if there is anything I need. Very professional people.

earl
June 10th, 2015 La Crosse, WI

so far I an happy with what you are doing to help me but will wait and see how it goes

Gabino G Areano
June 11th, 2015 Riverside, CA

Exselt thank you very much

Ann Coulis
June 10th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

Freedom Debt Relief helped pull us out of a black hole of debt several years ago. The people I worked with were respectful and courteous, and the service and the advice they provided were outstanding. It was worth every penny of their fee to get out from under a very heavy burden. I highly recommend them.

Margaret Decker
June 8th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I have received excellent help from everyone at debt relief. I would recommend them to anyone.

Jackie Wills
June 5th, 2015 La Junta, CO

They have been great. I can't wait until it is all taken care of.

Sharon
June 4th, 2015 Buffalo, NY

The people that work for freedom debt relief are absolutely wonderful they have answered all of questions no matter how trivial they my have seemed. They put my fears to rest. I have told others about this program and highly recommend to them as well. I thank all of the members that work there.

TonyTran
June 3rd, 2015 Fremont, CA

Freedom Debt Relief is save my life!! They are awesome Professional staff!! Skill Knowledge. Honesty, Helpful. This is the Company I would Trust as the Staff said what do and do what it said before I joint the Program. Now I believe it!

EZEQUIEL CEJAS
June 4th, 2015

everyone I talked to was great. great customer service and eager to help. I couldent have made a better choice.

rita williams
June 3rd, 2015 Martin, TN

very easy to deal with. staff are very knowledgable about company. very courteous and helpful.

Jean
June 5th, 2015 Wilkes Barre, PA

I have had 2 settlements and they were awsome.The only part of the program that is difficult is all the calls that come on a daily basis.

Larry Hudak
June 1st, 2015 Mesa, AZ

Freedom did not contact creditors and I receive at least 5 calls a day. Paid over $4,000.00 and received notice that only one creditor has been settled.

Timothy Lohner
June 1st, 2015 Wesley Chapel, FL

FDR is very helpful and professional.

Linda Haislip
May 30th, 2015 Marshville, NC

Everything is going well. Thanks for your help.

Diane
June 1st, 2015 Macomb, MI

The most coniving evil company I have worked with. They lied to me and forced me into Bankrruptcy. I had 5 accounts to settle. In the year I was in the program, which I was refered through Primerica who owns the Company. I was being sued by 2 of the accounts and hired an attorney through them in my state. The attorney never meet with us or informed us of anything. The attorney set up hearings for the court dates and didn't show for either one, or inform us that ended in default judgements. Still unaware what happened we were served with a collection of our assets and frozen bank accounts. Called everyone from the hired attorney, Primerica and FDR for 5 days begging for help. All they told me is they are working on it and the creditors didn't return their calls. Why would they the creditors already had a default judgement. The end result was that our car was reposseded and was forced to file Chapter 13. Now we are paying double in court fees and filing and another lawyer. Our credit is ruined and not one person would help us. We were dropped as soon as we fell through the cracks. They collected over $8,500 in one year and not ONE ACCOUNT was settled. I'm not done with them. I will get my justice one way or another. They financially ruined us for our retirement. We are left with almost nothing. Shame on Primerica, Freedom Debt Relief and the their Law Firm. They are all liars and scam artists. They strung us along and never thought what they have done.

Gayle Nash
May 29th, 2015 Brockton, MA

This seems to be working fine - the only regret that I have is that a few of the accounts I have left are either bringing down my credit amount and/or they are suspending my account so that I cannot use it until the debts are paid on the accounts that are in the program. It's very embarrassing when you go to use a card that you think you can and they tell you that you don't have any credit on it; or you get a letter in the mail telling you that your account has been reviewed and because of delinquent payments, your credit limit has come down - this was not happening before the program. It's a good thing to get your credit back on track, but it's also embarrassing when you think you have something...and you don't.

Paula
May 27th, 2015 Tarpon Springs, FL

Doing much better now that I understand the process. Keep up the good work

Robert
June 5th, 2015 Saint Louis, MO

Everyone I talked to was very friendly and helpful. I appreciate all of their help.

Buenaventura Sigarreta
May 22nd, 2015 Miami, FL

Very professional and reliable job.

Kirk Harr
May 22nd, 2015 San Jose, CA

It's only been about 3 month it look like it working

Carol
May 21st, 2015 Allentown, PA

I couldn't be happier. FDR made a bad situation tolerable, asking often if I needed anything, understood the process, etc. I have so appreciated the personal attention

Lynn
May 22nd, 2015 Baltimore, MD

The process has definitely been A bit overwhelming, however if I had a question someone was there to take the time to talk with me and comfort me.

Brian Kennedy
May 20th, 2015 Tampa, FL

Freedom has been great. The customer service is very good. They've listened to my concerns and so far every one has been answered or resolved. I changed all my information as instructed with the creditor and haven't received any nagging calls. It's really been a smooth process. They say is can take four months to start getting settlements and I'm making the monthly payments like I'm supposed to. Really great!

Helein!!
May 15th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

I enrolled in the program back in February 2015. I set up a monthly payment every 8th of the month, 2 weeks b4 the 8th I decided to change the payments for the 3th of the month, When I made the changes they reassure me everything was going great, a couple weeks later I checked my bank statement, I've noticed that the money still was in my account. I called and they inform me do to the changes I previously made. automatically put me behind the program, They should it inform me when I made the changes, so my first payment was collected in March, now it has been 4 month in the program with 2 month payment, and no progress of any kind, the collectors call me every day I had send collectors letters to them, they told me they will going to make the first offer but nothing has done yet! someone told me it might take at least 6 month for them to start making offers in the mean while late fees and over limits fees are accumulating. I don't know if I made the right decision to enroll with them!! The other issue I have they never call me, I have to call them to see how is everything is well!! it doesn't make sense to me why are the waiting so long to start making offers. I enrolled in the program with 25k but the time the start making offers I will be 30k deep in debt with late and over limit fees !!

Donna Salava
May 18th, 2015 Brighton, MI

Got my first settlement so so Happy! Can't wait until I am debt free thank-you Freedom Debt Relief dor all you have done.

Bob
May 14th, 2015 Valrico, FL

Have only been in the program for a few months but so far the service has been exactly as advertised. The customer service is exceptional and despite the gent I originally signed up with (Marii Kroutilin) not really being part of the customer service portion of the company, he made his number available to me and has always responded quickly with whatever info i needed. The customer service reps at Client Services are equally interested in resolving any issues. I am very pleased thus far and since I've already had some of my debt resolved, am looking forward to even more positive results. Wish I had started sooner.

Anna Psihas
May 15th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I do not see much progress, plus the calls have not stopped. m going nuts with the calls, plus my credit is getting worse and sores, I need some progress. I am considering dropping this program if t does not get better fast

sharonkubasta
May 13th, 2015 Belton, TX

awesome so far keep up the good work

Dale Swisher
May 14th, 2015 Dayton, OH

I would like to Thank everyone at Freedom for their hard work in helping me and my family become dept free. Once again thank you so much for an awesome job that you do.

N. Sharp
May 12th, 2015 San Diego, CA

Do not be fooled by this company. They take your money and pay themselves but do not pay your creditors as they say they will. They lied to me about my accounts and I was involved with one of them in a lawsuit that could result in a judgment against me. People should know that if they are in trouble with a creditor, they can contact them without using a company who charges 21% of the original debt. Companies will work with you, and you can negotiate your own settlements. Horrible company.

Molly Barnes
May 11th, 2015 Cleveland, UT

I have had a wonderful experience with Freedom Debt Relief thus far. I have been with them less than 6 months and they have already settled one of my accounts. Senior Debt Specialist Kevin Morgan has helped me every step of the way. I am so grateful I have chosen to work with Freedom Debt Relief.

michelle brown
May 7th, 2015 Miami, FL

I found the customer service was exceptional.

Sonya Beatty
May 6th, 2015 Columbus, OH

The name says it all "Freedom Debt Relief" I can breathe! Great team. Keeping me informed every step of the way! I love it. I recommend them to everyone I know!

Rosemary Wiles
May 7th, 2015 Hamburg, NY

I couldn't be more happy. Anytime I need answers they were there for me. Freedom Debt Relief is a company I would highly recommend to family and friends or anyone who need debt relief this company is goes up and beyond to help you.

Teddi Gray
May 6th, 2015 Saint Louis, MO

FDR staff are wonderful. They told me to sit back and let them do their jobs and they would take care of everything for me--and they have!

jose perez
May 5th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

After some confusion in the way some of the material was handled, freedom came through for us in an outstanding way!

Teresa Lynch
May 2nd, 2015 Hurst, TX

I have been amazed at how smooth it is going....

richard crisp
May 5th, 2015 Reynoldsburg, OH

I have no real basis for rating. I am pleased to see there is progress. I look forward to the elemination of Citibank and their robocalls.

Mary Anne DeLeon
April 30th, 2015 San Antonio, TX

Taken a heavy financial burden of my shoulders, thank you for your help!

Samuel
May 5th, 2015 El Sobrante, CA

I must say that I was impressed with the immediate response taken with the accounts, they thus far do live up to ad.

MARK WILLERER
April 29th, 2015 Owosso, MI

I have nothing but high kudos for FDR in the work they've done in helping me settle my debt. They are always courteous and willing to answer my phone questions. I made some dumb credit mistakes and they are willing to help me resolve them. -Mark Willerer

Jeanne
May 5th, 2015 Lancaster, PA

There is no worrying and unwanted stress with Freedom, they handle everything for me. I pay into a fund, and when I have enough, they settle my debt.

Mark Root
April 24th, 2015 Scottsdale, AZ

They did a great job in negotiating my debt , highly recommend them to anyone .

tim williams
April 27th, 2015 Grand Rapids, MI

So far great service, told @onset first settlement would be in about 3 months, and we now have our first settlement in 3 months!!! And the best is we settled for about 50% of the debt!!! Thank You, we had not heard much about this process (settlement of debts), but am very happy with this "first". Thank you Tim W

Mary Hafner
April 28th, 2015 Cottage Grove, MN

It is going well. I am wondering if we can settle the home depot account.

Robin Lambert
April 23rd, 2015 Harrisonburg, VA

My experience with Freedom Debt Relief has been amazing. When I first signed up I admit to being apprehensive, wondering how everything was going to go. I couldn't be more happy with how everything has turned out. I was constantly being looked after by the staff, who made sure to let me know every step of the way what was going on with my accounts. I am now at the point where most of my debt has been resolved. Freedom Debt is keeping me up to date on the progress of my last account, and I am so looking forward to being debt free. I owe all of this to Freedom Debt Relief and the amazing support of their staff.

Denice Wrinkle
April 22nd, 2015 Springfield, MO

Saw results very quickly. Every time I called they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

stella twedt
April 23rd, 2015 IL

the experience was fine.

Paul D. Allen
April 22nd, 2015 Rochester, NY

Have been very easy to work with and have been willing to be flexible while I was between jobs.