Groupon

6.7

Groupon has been operational since its launch in December 2006. For the past 8 years, their goal has been to provide consumers and merchants a mutually beneficial site by working with vendors to offer discounts in order to drive more traffic to businesses. They offer a large selection of product categories for consumers with a large percentage of potential savings. Their platform allows customers to purchase virtually any product anywhere.

#1 CouponCabin Logo CouponCabin ›

7.2

Overall
Score

#2 Overstock Flash Deals Logo Overstock Flash Deals ›

7.0

Overall
Score

#3 Tech Bargains Logo Tech Bargains ›

7.0

Overall
Score

#5 Groupon Logo Groupon

6.7

Overall
Score

The Good

• Large selection of deal categories
  • High percentage of potential savings
  • Great return policy

Groupon works with a large number of vendors to bring great value to their customers.

Consumers will find over 50 categories to search for savings. They offer 4 main categories which include local deals, goods, getaways, and clearance as well as coupons specific to certain businesses such as department stores and travel sites. Each main category includes a list of sub categories. Consumers can search for virtually any service from restaurants to clothing stores. Planning a vacation? Consumers can search Groupon's database for deals on cruises, hotels, and more.

Consumers who use Groupon have the potential to obtain up to 90% in savings. Groupon offers deals that provide a percentage off of a service or a dollar amount that can be put towards a purchase. Many of the coupons include the option to choose whether to redeem a discount online or in the store.

Groupon uses what they call the 'Groupon Promise' when handling returns. They promise consumers who have used a local Groupon voucher before its promotional value expired, took a Getaway trip, or attended a GrouponLive event and were disappointed with their experience that they can contact Groupon within 14 days and they will work with the consumer to make it right. Each type of service also has a no hassle refund policy:

• Local Deals: A voucher may always be redeemed from the merchant for at least the total amount the consumer paid for it. Unredeemed vouchers may be refunded if returned within 3 days.
• Getaways: Purchases may be refunded if the merchant is unable to book your stay during the dates specified by the voucher. Vouchers that have passed the book-by date may be used as credit with the merchant.
• Goods: Any item may be returned within 14 days of delivery on Groupon.

The Bad

• Difficult to find contact information
  • Limited years of experience

Groupon's website can be difficult to navigate when searching for customer service help.

It is very difficult to find contact information via Groupon's website. The only contact information for customer service provided is a website. Only consumers who are members of Groupon are able to access the link necessary to contact customer service. This may make it difficult for some individuals to gain information and access certain questions without committing to become a member with Groupon.

Groupon has been a company for 8 years. While this is a decent amount of time in business, some other deal sites reviewed have been around for 10 or more years. This gives other companies more experience in working with customers and providing savings.

The Bottom Line

Groupon offers customers a wide selection of products and services at incredibly discounted prices. Their platform allows customers the flexibility to find deals locally as well as nationwide that they can obtain from virtually anywhere. Their lack of transparency when providing contact information may make it difficult for some individuals to fully utilize their website. However, for those who are willing to join Groupon as a member, they provide an excellent resource for obtaining savings.

4.1

October 30th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS

I mainly use Groupon for holiday buys and birthdays. They always have really good deals and I like that I can see how many have been purchased and the ratings on the products so I know if it's a good buy or not.

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

My fiance and I use groupon a lot and we love how many different deals you can get on there. Their app is really easy to use and the filters make it simple to find exactly what you are looking for. However, beware that when you buy some of the things on groupon you can't use it for the first 24 hours. So be careful when you present you groupon if you just bought it a few hours before going to restaurant.

June 8th, 2017

Amazing deals and a very easy to use website and app. I love how user friendly their services are!

May 30th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Groupon is so fun! I love finding deals and also seeing how much I save every time I buy something. I have never had a problem with groupon, however their app could be a little bit more user friendly.

May 26th, 2017 Ogden, UT

I love the deals that Groupon offers, especially the travel package deals. I also really like the discounted food deals you can buy to local restaurants.

March 24th, 2017

I worked with Groupon for a while and went through a few account managers. Their turn over for account managers is very high. It went ok for a while but then communication on their end broke down and they were not responding to my calls or emails. They had wrong information on my vouchers as far as location and booking sites even though they were notified several times of the mistakes on my listing. I spoke with a manager and unfortunately, their manager stated that I could not get a new account manager and she was pretty rude overall. I decided to no longer work with them. Since then, I have seen a to less deal seekers and more true customers searching for a new service provider in my area. The other sites that I work with now are more effective at getting true potential customers and less deal seekers.

October 21st, 2016 Belleville, NJ

Groupon is da best! Whenever I wanna take my girl out, I always check here first as they have the flyest deals always. Why pay full price when you can get a sick deal from them! This is my favorite site out there.

July 4th, 2015 Omaha, NE

I have used Groupon for 2 years. I love it, great deals. I have not had any problems. Keep the deals coming :)

July 2nd, 2015 Revere, MA

I've been using Groupon for a couple of years. I love it! Customer service is awesome. I had an issue twice, once with having trouble making arrangements to use the groupon for horse back riding and another with a company that closed. Both times the problem was taken care of. I would recommend them to everyone.