1. Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean International features 25 ocean liners. Each ship is full of numerous amenities and activities for guests to enjoy while sailing the open seas. Thrill-seekers will enjoying cruising the newer ships known as Allure of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, and Quantum of the Seas. These ocean liners feature zip lines, zero- gravity machines, and bumper cars. Other ships showcase rock climbing, ice rinks, and wave pools. Royal Caribbean International offers 15 destinations worldwide.

The Good

• Classes and entertainment
  • Great amenities
  • Worldwide cruises to 15 locations

Classes and Entertainment

For those interested in educational pursuits, there are plenty of enrichment classes to choose from. You can learn a foreign language, become a wine connoisseur, or create your own jewelry. Young kids will love the DreamWorks Experience, where they can mingle with well-known characters from Shrek and Madagascar. You can also watch your favorite films poolside.

Great Amenities

Cruise rates cover all meals served in the main dining room. Guests may select from one of two set dining times or reserve a table in advance. Guests will find numerous food choices, from doughnuts to pizza to Asian cuisine. There are standard amenities found on all Royal Caribbean ships, but there are also some unique features that vary based on what cruise is booked. These typical amenities include:

• DreamWorks Experience
  • Ice Skating
  • Mini Golf
  • and More

Dining Options

Specialty restaurants feature more upscale choices such as steak and Italian cuisine. Additional fees may apply and you will need to schedule a reservation in advance if you want to eat in one of the specialty restaurants. Some cruises also feature Mystery Theater Dinners. Beverages are not included in the price of meals. Beverage packages are available for purchase.

Destinations

Where the Royal Caribbean cruise ships travel to is also another key selling point of their vacation package. While destinations may vary year to year depending on weather restrictions and other regulations, there are common destinations Royal Caribbean typically cruises to. These cruises last anywhere from three to nineteen days and are offered year round. Destinations on these excursions include:

• Caribbean
  • Panama Canal
  • South America
  • South Pacific
  • and the Transatlantic

You will also need to adhere to three separate dress codes while onboard the ship. Polo shirts, slacks, and sundresses are appropriate choices for casual wear. On casual evenings, a jacket and tie is required for men and dresses or pantsuits are acceptable for women to wear. On formal evenings, tuxedos and evening gowns are required attire.

Security

Royal Caribbean International has closed-circuit television cameras located in hundreds of strategic, public locations throughout the ship but not in private staterooms, public restrooms, or private spa areas. These systems are upgraded as new and beneficial technologies are developed. Recordings from these cameras are routinely utilized by our security teams and made available to investigative authorities as requested.

The Bad

• Protection program
  • Extra fees and charges

Protection Program

Despite that there are no major service fees. Royal Caribbean does charge extra for luggage valet, full service laundry, and internet service. The Vacation Protection package offered by Royal Caribbean is also not as comprehensive as other cruise lines. The protection package includes:

• CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program
  • CruiseCare Travel Insurance Program
  • Trip delays provides coverage up to $500 per person
  • Accident and Sickness Medical expenses provides coverage up to $10,000 per person
  • Emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations provides coverage up to $25,000 per person
  • Lost, stolen or damaged baggage provides coverage up to $1,500
  • Bag delays provides coverage up to $500
  • CruiseCare Worldwide Emergency Assistance Program*

Extra Fees and Charges

Some alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages may also incur extra charges on your cruise bill. Beverage packages are available to purchase in your options. Ships can feel crowded and cramped, especially around holiday vacations. Not all amenities are covered. Also, transfers are available for pre-purchase from the arrival airport to the pier on day of sailing and from the pier to the departure airport on debarkation day only.

The Bottom Line

Royal Caribbean International Cruises have entertainment and amenity options that guests of all ages will enjoy. The destination cruises are affordable for families and those on a budget or seeking a deal on their next vacation package. Older adults will also enjoy their travels on these cruises as well.

Activities that are both relaxing and energetic provide fun and excitement for both children and adults. The only downside to cruises offered by Royal Caribbean International is the extra charges for offshore activities and some of the onboard amenities.

Overall, Royal Caribbean is a recommended cruise line for customers enjoyment.

Rori Howard

July 24th, 2015 Fremont, CA

We've sailed on RCCL 5 times. Never had a bad experience. Once in Alaska a fishing boat cut across our bow in a fjord, causing the Captain to cut hard to Starboard. We were in the café when suddenly we were standing at a 15% list. Food, dishes, utensils, etc. were everywhere on the floor. The crew did a remarkable job of cleaning up and 10 minutes later, all the mess was gone and all the food had been replaced. At a party with the Captain later in the evening, he was very animated about the incident. We were so pleased with how well everyone handled this and no one got upset. Great experience visible by the crew, great food, great ports and wonderful staff. We are Crown and Anchor Society, but RCCL has forgotten us. We never get special offers, brochures or flyers. About 3 years ago, we got a call from our "Personal Cruise Assistant" who got very belligerent and angry when I questioned why we never received anything from them. After that we are not inclined to book on RCCL. We've found Princess and overall, everything is perfect. No complaints, they care about our comments and/or concerns and had by far the BEST FOOD AFLOAT. There is no need for specialty dining. Their main dining rooms have 5 star quality and menus everyday.

Erika Buxcel Spitzke

July 23rd, 2015 Bridgman, MI

Went to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas in 2013. It was an enjoyable time with family. The service was excellent. The food, very good. Hope to go again.

Monem karim

July 22nd, 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Was on board of Allure of the seas, with my wife, on 2011 ! We Enjoyed every single moment : On shore, Off shore ! It was a real pleasure, and we just looking for the next trip we can do, w/ same cruise team !

Debbie Franklin

July 22nd, 2015 Waldorf, MD

I love RCCL. I have cruised with them over 25 times. I have tried other cruise lines but RCCL gives the best perks for their loyal customers. I love that they started the free drinks at any bar between 5:30 - 8:30 and we don't have to go to the Diamond Plus lounge so I can stay with my family. I will see you in Oct Independence of the Seas. I wish they would change up their exercise classes to Zumba sometimes.

ROY JONES

July 22nd, 2015 Rockwall, TX

I am a diamond member last cruise was end of Nov. 2014 I had a suit as normal my fiance and I went to the diamond area to ask for help with a tux as soon as we step in before I could say hello he ask if she was a diamond member and said she had to leave very rude I went to the main deck and ask for help with this and they said more or less tough I am going on a cruise the 2nd of Aug guess what not on your cruise line and never will again

Norma Roper

July 21st, 2015 Panama City, FL

We've cruised +10 times with RC...and have been very pleased. The newer ships are awesome but some of my favorite memories have been on the smaller ships. Any issues we've ever had were addressed immediately (unlike issues we've had on another cruise line. We recently taken advantage of specials we took advantage of just to see how changes might have been made and it only made us love RC even more. We love RC!!!

carol

July 21st, 2015 Fort Myers, FL

WE HAVE ALWAYS GONE WITH ROYAL AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. ALWAYS HAD A GREAT TIME.

angie Mckee

July 21st, 2015 Pasadena, MD

Myself and 8 other f amily and friends cruides Mothers Day and for my 79th birthday i loved everything about Graduer of the Seas ship except for my bed i didnt have one nights good sleep my hips hurt the whole cruise Bermuda was beautiful food was great so were the shows

Gloria Palau

July 20th, 2015 Jamaica, NY

I had an amazing time back in May when I went on my first cruise with Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas. Very clean. Staff was amazing. Food was great. So much to do.

Jane Ponder

July 20th, 2015 Edenton, NC

My family loves RC. Best vacation we ever took. Would love to go again. Your crew went above and beyond to make sure we all had a great time.

Andy & Sandy

July 19th, 2015 Elk Grove, CA

WE LOVE ROYAL CARIBBEAN LINE, Last Cruise in a suite and amazing Concierge Services & Lounge. Didn't have that on another line, so this was a pleasant surprise. The Concierge Staff Person, also amazing and made things happen, always professional, pleasant and personable. Definitely will do a suite again since we have a guest with us as well. Being Crown & Anchor and next cruise, Platinum has its rewards and perks which is also a plus. Just anxiously awaiting 2016 itineraries into latter part of the year. can't wait

John Buzzell

July 19th, 2015 Haverhill, MA

We have sailed on Enchantment, Majesty, Freedom, Oasis, Jewel, Grandeur, Explorer, Navigator and are about to sail on Independence! RCCL is the best! We have never had a bad cruise! From the MDR to Chops Grille, Portofino and the Windjammer the food is always top notch! The entertainment excellent and the shops, especially those ships with the Royal Promenade are fabulous! We are loyal to Royal!!

J.e. Warren

July 19th, 2015 Lynchburg, VA

HAD A GREAT TRIP FROM 6/14 TO 6/21 FROM FT LAUDERDALE ON INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEA. CABIN STUART AND DINNER WAITER WERE EXCELANT, GREAT SERVICE.

Jill Oosterhof

July 19th, 2015 Tampa, FL

I'll never use another cruise line.

Deborah Romano

July 19th, 2015 Ramsey, NJ

I have sailed 4 times with RC. I have never had a bad experience with any of my trips. My last cruise in May on the Adventurer of the Seas was exceptional. The food was great, service was outstanding in the main dinning room. Shows were not exceptional, but still enjoyed them. Room was always clean, but never saw the staff that took care of the cabin. Other than my luggage could not be found when I disembarked back into Puerto Rico and was eventually found before I got on to the shuttle to go to the airport, I really can not complain about anything else.

[email protected]

July 19th, 2015 Macomb, MI

Royal Caribbean is the Best Cruise Line ever! I have been on 3 cruises with them so far, I plan on many more & Royal Caribbean is the only line I want to cruise with. They are very professional & they pamper each & every guest. I am hooked for life & I have never heard of them getting stranded, losing power or any of the other tragic things that I have heard from other cruise lines. We celebrated my Mothers Birthday onboard & they treated her like Royality! I can't wait until my next cruise is booked!!!

Shereda Coston

July 18th, 2015 Kissimmee, FL

We absolutely love RCI!!! Any ship, anytime, any destination. We started in 2010 choosing a cruise on the Independence for our second honeymoon. We will make Diamond status in September 2015. Since that first cruise we have not stopped cruising. We were treated like Royalty on each an every cruise. Our accommodations were always superb. We enjoy the complimentary and specialty eateries. the entertainment is top notch. We tried one other company for a different itinerary for a cheaper price. While we enjoyed those Southern Caribbean islands it was a noticeable difference in the cruise experience onboard. Yes we hope that RCI stops the price jacking but we know that going cheaper is not always best. We began cruising just the two of us, then later included our two children and they loved it. There is always an abundance of things to do, see, eat, or just relax. The All inclusive vacation is the best vacation and even better with RCI. Giving this a 10 does not do it justice. RCI is our brand of choice.

diane

July 18th, 2015 Los Angeles, CA

Love RCCL. Went on the Allure with my hubby and we are going back taking our whole family. I wish Royal Caribbean would cruise out of the west coast like they do in Florida. We are ready for them and anxiously awaiting the day they do.

Lori Payne

July 17th, 2015 Browns Mills, NJ

It was a excellent and wonderful cruise. We had a family reunion on the cruise. It was great to see the family and to meet new members. Your crew members made us all feel so important and so special. When it comes time to cruise again we will use Royal Caribbean Liners. The other one we were on just dont match up to this liner. It was well worth the great price we were quoted. The service and food were excellent.. The shows were astonishing and amazing all at the same time. So much to do in little time. One week isnt enough to do everything.

Coston KS

July 16th, 2015 Kissimmee, FL

We absolutely Love Royal Caribbean! Any of their ships and any of the itineraries. From the ice shows, water shows, Broadway shows, comedy, casino, pools, game shows, trivia, bingo, rock climbing, flight simulators, flow riders, mini golf, sports, bumper cars, roller skating, gym, spa, parties, parades, and much much more, there is ALWAYS something fun to do. There is something for every age group and no one is left out. We tried cruising other lines but it is just NOT the same for us. We have NEVER had a bad cruise but Royal Caribbean is top notch for us hands down. The price is a little higher than other lines but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I have never regretted spending my money on an RCI cruise. There are no complaints from me. I have never experienced bad service on their ships. A few times I have experienced service that went above and beyond the call of service. The ships are all gorgeous. From The largest cruise ships in the world to their smallest ship, there's a ship class to fit anyone's needs. a Happy RCI Customer

Lenny Brooks

July 16th, 2015 Lake Worth, FL

Not a fan! All dressed up with no where to go!

The Peltons

July 15th, 2015 Panama City, FL

We have enjoy all of the cruises on Royal Caribbean, our only complaint is they need better sound reduction between the Night Clubs and the staterooms!!!!!

Kent Johnson

July 15th, 2015 Miami, FL

We really enjoy the ice shows! Fabulously choreographed with really good skating!

Linda Stanaland Wetherington

July 15th, 2015 Plant City, FL

Royal Caribbean is absolutely AWESOME!! We have been on quite a few of their ships and have not found a bad cruise yet!! Food..excellent! Ship..Excellent! Service and all areas...Excellent! We will continue cruising with Royal until we find a really bad cruise! Don't think that is going to happen though! We love love love them!!

Renee Sheehan

July 15th, 2015 East Stroudsburg, PA

The Explorer was my first cruise with Royal, the following year we upgraded to the Allure, this was the most amazing experience of my life. Last month we were on the Oasis; overall it was a good trip but I feel the service has gone done hill. There were 8 people in my group and we all felt the same way. That being said my next cruise I think we will be giving Norwegian a try.

Rosa Scott

July 14th, 2015 Covington, GA

Oasis of The Sea was fantastic. Planning my next cruise.

Kathy and Denny

July 14th, 2015 Deep River, CT

Twenty one cruises, a few on other lines and there isn't a better cruise line than RCCL. Celebrated our 50 th wedding anniversary in May on Liberty of the Seas where we were treated like "Royalty" Looking froward to our next trip.

Jim Morehead

July 13th, 2015 Mansfield, OH

I have been on 6 different R/C ships and all have been AWESOME. Food is excellent and Crew is also.The staff , amenities, shows, service and overall cruise cannot be beat by other cruise lines.They are my favorite cruise line

Ozzie

July 13th, 2015 Dover, DE

Sailed with Royal Caribbean in Oct. 2011 and we loved it. Will sail with them again.

Bob Ulrich

July 13th, 2015 Richmond, KY

Been on Royal Caribbean 10 times, number 11 comes in September. Although I like the Oasis class ships will probably pick the small ships in the future. The first cruise on Allure would most likely earn a 10+, but the second maybe 8. The windjamer was a mess on the second one with long lines to get a table. Tried just a couple times and wound up eating in the main dining room the rest of the cruise. Probably better on the waistline. Overall every cruise I have taken with them has been excellent, friendly crew, good food and good entertainment. Always plenty to do and in most cases the ships don't feel overcrowded (except for the windjammer). Will continue to cruise annually with them as long as I am able. Great Cruiseline.

Judith and Arthur

July 12th, 2015 Newton, NJ

Just got back from the Caribbean...Nassau..Coco Cay..Key West and Miami on Majesty of the Seas...A very nice ship..we were on deck 10 with balcony to watch everything....Love RC...this is our second time and it wont be out last.. From the entire crew..to the Stateroom Attendant Mr. Dyre Ordiz...who could not have been more attentive to our needs..to Merilyn and Jilmer our Servers in the Moonlight Restaurant...She was so sweet...taking care to remember what we like to drink...our favorite foods..and just being so helpful and courteous.All in all..it was a great cruise...everyone could not have been nicer....smooth sailing and great weather! Cant wait for next year to do another cruise!

linda g

July 12th, 2015 Kissimmee, FL

last cruise on Brillance of the seas was terrible, waiter dropped a drink on my head in the dinning room and didn't even bother to give me a towel. Bartenders in one lounge were very rude and wouldn't even look at people seated at on portion of the bar said they were to busy with the lines.room was dirty on arrival and we couldn't find a person to finish cleaning it. just the worst ship ever. we will never book that ship again.

nancy

July 10th, 2015 Johnson City, NY

I really enjoy Royal Caribbean cruises. However, in the wintertime I wish the ships would offer 7-8 day cruises to the e-w-s Caribbean from the port of NJ. Many do not either like to fly or can't afford the extra expenses to fly on top of the cruises. I miss the smaller ships as you get to see the same people more often and develop friendships faster. The staff , amenities, shows, service and overall cruise cannot be beat by other cruise lines. With Royal, they make you feel like royalty!!

Terry Roth

July 9th, 2015 Santa Ana, CA

Azure of the Seas and their Sister ship were the BEST cruises ever taken by my wife and I. Their ships were incredible, and the size of the ship was not a deterrent to our seven days aboard ship. The food was excellent this year and the Specialty restaurants were Incredible!!! We've already booked another Cruise to Puerto Rico next year!!!!

Douglas y

July 9th, 2015 Macon, GA

Love Royal Caribbean

Tamara Daughtry

July 9th, 2015 Waverly, GA

We had a wonderful experience. All the staff were great. Our server, Sid, and our steward, Siri, were outstanding. The cabins were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The food was very good. Although some of the classic dishes were not quite what was expected. Overall, it was a lovely trip.

Ann Williams

July 8th, 2015 Staten Island, NY

June 7, 2015, Cruising the Freedom of the Seas...Off the Hook! Had a great time, won money in the Casino, ship was extremely clean, food was excellent, staff was above average. Can't give more than a 10!!!!!! Booked travel on Anthem of the Seas 2016. Hope to see you there.

Chris T. Evans

July 8th, 2015 Madisonville, KY

I have been on 9 Royal Caribbean Cruises and they are the Best. I can't wait to take another cruise. Thanks for all the Great times and all the Great memories. You all are truly Awesome. Thanks, Chris T. Evans Benton, Ky. 42025

Nita

July 8th, 2015 Saltillo, MS

Royal Caribbean has wonderful cruise ships. I went on my first cruise this year and can not wait to go again. They are the best and the staff is wonderful.

Linda Zabala

July 7th, 2015 Johnstown, PA

This was our second cruise with RCI. We loved it. All 6 of us. The food, shows, all the employees were great. We had the best dining room team there ever was. They were fabulous. Will cruise with them again for sure.

Denise Nadeau

July 7th, 2015 San Angelo, TX

We went on our first cruise aboard the Allure of the Sea and it was a trip of a life time. From the time we boarded until we left noting but excellent service and the ship was AMAZING. When we returned home we started saving again and yes we went on another Royal Caribbean cruise this time on the Navigator of the Sea and it was wonderful and the ports were so much fun. The staff and crew went out of there way to make sure all our needs were met. So again we are in a saving mode and will be planing another Royal Caribbean cruise we are hooked. Thank you for Outstanding service. Denise Nadeau Texas

Bonnie Kramer

July 6th, 2015 Boise, ID

We love Royal Caribbean and will cruise with them forever!1 Started on the smallest ship and worked our way up to the two biggest! Love Oasis and Allure! We have tried other cruise lines but Royal can't be beat! Great food entertainment and service is awesome! Going again in October and can not wait! Love my Royal!

Janet

July 6th, 2015 Jasper, AL

We have cruised Royal Caribbean several times and had great experiences until we cruised out central Florida. We stayed one night in Cape Canaveral and cruised the next day. The ship will full of young people from South America. These young people were rude and basically took over the ship. They jammed the elevators, were loud at dinner and out of control. The staff did nothing to stop this behavior. All the other passengers were unhappy but could get nothing done. This was our last Royal Caribbean Cruise. I like cruising out of Central Florida but did not like the behavior of these individuals. Our next cruise was on Norwegian and was much better. I had always recommended Royal Caribbean until we had this experience.

Anne D. Harrus

July 5th, 2015 Panama City, FL

Oct 2006 out of Port Canaveral 4 day. Fantastic. want to take another on a Royal. Have been on Nile cruise in 1995 and a very late planned and mis-planned Alaska Cruise in Sept 2011. Yours was the best and as another cruiser said, the clear winner. Do love ships in mid-size. Really don't want one where there are 6,000 other cruisers. Hoping that while we are still able to we can take a long New England Canadian. Know now how to better enjoy a cruise and I can always hope. But if I am paying for it, it will be a Royal C cruise

Charles Southard

July 5th, 2015 Springville, UT

We were on Oasis of the Sea in 2012 and had a very huge balcony suite. It was in the middle of the ship. The staff was excellent including our butler and wait staff in the dinning room. The food at the buffet was outstanding. We ate there most of the time. The chocolate buffet was unusual but outstanding especially if you like chocolate. The entertainment was very good especially the comedians and the water show. The Italian restaurant was terrible. The cruise director was full of life and made the cruise especially fun. The ship had 5400 people on board but it was not overly crowed. Ship was very clean. Getting off and on ship was very good. Pictures were reasonable. Did not like being bombarded the first day about drink packages. The concierge lounge was exceptionally nice to have. Due to high wind and waves we had to skip one port but staff kept us busy with lots of activities. Way to go!!!

Barbara Johnson

July 4th, 2015 Anaheim, CA

My first cruise was in 1977, on the Song of Norway, loved it, went again on the Song of Norway in 1995. Been on the Nordic Prince twice in 1993, love the small ships that back then even middle class people could sail on, but don't like the over-sized ships now.

John Vick

July 4th, 2015 Bullhead City, AZ

Royal is, in my opinion, the best of the best. Despite some few bumps in boarding and services, quickly compensated, the total experience was just excellent always. Having now retired on Social Security, I can no longer afford to cruise. It is a constant and my only regret. Quality people, quality destinations, reasonable prices. Just the best.

Joanne

July 3rd, 2015 Middletown, NJ

It was the greatest. My husband never had been on a cruise so I decided to take him to Bermuda. I have been there 2 other times but this was the best. Just to see how relaxed he was and the fun he had made it all the better. The ship was great, food excellent etc It should get an 10 plus. Can't wait to go on an Alaskan cruise now that he likes crusining but only with Royal Caribbean. They offer so much more than other cruise ships.

Diana Jansson

July 3rd, 2015 Minersville, PA

I was very disappointed with our most recent cruise on RCI. There were 5 of us in the party and they had us sitting at 3 different tables, the 5 year old at his own table. We stopped at Labadee only to be disappointed by the long lines, not being able to book certain activities because of another RCI ship in at the same time. They billed us for a water activity that we didn't do, but it was eventually cleared up after we got home. The food was outstanding as usual and our waiter was super top notch.

Doug

July 3rd, 2015 Salem, OR

We just completed our fourth cruise with Royal Caribbean. There is always room for a little improvement but we had a great time and received very good service. We heave booked our next cruise for next September. For the money, RCL provides a very good value. We especially like the quality and variety of on board entertainment. If I want to sit in the front row at one of the production shows, I can and don't have to pay a cent extra to do so. We will continue to cruise with Royal Caribbean.